[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have Superhero films saved the action genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 4698077-wallpaper-iron-man-10.jpg (227 KB, 1023x1023) Image search: [Google]
4698077-wallpaper-iron-man-10.jpg
227 KB, 1023x1023
Have Superhero films saved the action genre?
>>
>>70322949
if you're not a mouthbreathing dipshit contrarian, yes.

They also saved Blockbusters in general.

We used get stupid shit like Independence Day and Godzilla 98, now we get comic book films, which are much better.
>>
>>70322949
Saved blockbusters in terms of profitability (there's garbage now, but there's always been garbage), but it's basically the only big thing studios do now along side sequels and nostalgia drivin reboots
>>
>>70323117
but blockbusters these days get significantly higher critical acclaim than before.
>>
>>70322949
They did at first.

Now they're copy and pasted pre-watershed boring and forgettable garbage. They're just all neautral. Watchable, but nothing special at all.

They really need to spice up the forumioli.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11 KB, 176x267) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11 KB, 176x267
No. When Trump BTFO of SJWs and political correctness he will make action movies great again.
>>
>>70323221
You're paying attention to one side, we still get shit shows like 2012, transformers sequels,GIjoe, die hard 5, and judging by what is happening this summer, ghostbusters and id42 will add to that average
>>
>>70323308
keep thinking that.
>>
>>70322949

No. Asians did, each with their own take on the genre.
>>
>>70323019
Go back to reddìt, you pathetic manchild.
>>
>>70323308
THIS

I don't understand why John Cena and Steve Austin, or George st pierre aren't making shoot'em up flicks
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 395x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 395x416
>>70323626
>Reddit boogeyman shitposting
>>
>>70323891
>like capeshit
>posts weebshit reaction pictures
So you are a manchild.
>>
>>70324022
he is right though.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 318x159
>>70322949
if Bourne is a superhero, ok then.
>>
>>70323299
>mcu formula meme
What is the formula again?
>>
>>70323626
>No arguement the post

Your rectal ache makes watching capekino films in the cinema more pleasant.
>>
File: 1327960620436.jpg (33 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1327960620436.jpg
33 KB, 500x404
>>70322949
No, they've destroyed it, action movies have infantalyzed to appeal to the general audience, this is a bad thing and an error, family movies are still being made, children movies are being made, movies that are exclusive for the feminine audience are being made and they have big variety of genres from action fantasy to drama, but the action genre made for action fans is becoming rare with the pg13 and the "stylized" action scenes, pg13 has been slowly killing the action genre because the action is still there but it's cleverly been stylized not to shock so much, and the rawness of what makes an action is something that story wise is completely gone with the addition of excessive corrective cgi effects and fast cuts where you can't even see what's going on.
>>
>>70325241
>i conveniently ignored movies like john wick because i can't be a whiny ass if I admit movies like that exist and are still being made

stop having that laser-focus on shit you hate and pay attention to the things made for you. You'll ignore this though. everything made for you will be put under even stricter scrutiny so no matter what gets made it looks like shit in your eyes

you are the problem and no amount of paragraphs you post on this board will fix it.
>>
>>70325241
Action movies have always been made to appeal to everyone

>movies these days suck!!

shut up Reddit
>>
>>70323367
It's going to happen berncuck.
>>
>>70322949
Kind of. They helped save blockbusters.
>>
>>70325367

Name 5 other John Wick-esque movies since 2012.
>>
>>70325367
You must be really dumb, I never said they aren't being made, I said that they are being made with less frequency and were replaced with the pg13 action movies, and it seems like somehow my post offended you and triggered this faggot >>70325525 big time, when that wasn't even my intention, I never said you precious Ironman movie sucked so stop being a little crying defensive faggot okay.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.