[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robert Altman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mash.jpg (187 KB, 1242x1050) Image search: [Google]
mash.jpg
187 KB, 1242x1050
>One of the best film-makers of his generation
>made movies around the same time as Kubrick and early Scorsese.
Yet while the plebs salivate over those guys they seem to have completely forgotten Altman.
>MASH
>McCabe & Mrs. Miller
>Nashville
>The long goodbye
>The Player
All terrific movies.
>>
>implying MASH and The Long Goodbye are good

McCabe and Short Cuts are his best films
>>
>>70317166
I like the anti political correctness propaganda. He probably didn't know what was coming, but movies like MASH have aged well because of this.
>>
>>70316501
he's hardly forgotten and often heralded. he made far too many movies to ignore.

McCabe & Mrs Miller is getting a bluray restoration next month.
>>
>>70318998
Finally. The DVD that's out right now is unwatchable in some parts.
>>
>>70318998
Good to know. Still, it seems like the younger generation is less aware of him.
>>
only seen mash and it was trash
that rhymed haha
>>
>>70319605
You're trash
>>
>>70319779
:(
>>
altman had almost nothing in common with those two guys though, by his own admission

no shit Nashville is impeccable but your average viewer isn't going to sit through a three-hour epic about the 70's when they could watch the Shining instead

very few real cinema lovers forget about Altman though. I would say film students/young film makers should watch more of him though
>>
>>70322149
>nothing in common
Same era; similar critical success; different levels of popularity today.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.