[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion about this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What is your honest opinion about this movie?
>>
>>70310481
It had so much potential but Cameron had to go and steal Pocahontas's plot instead of taking the time to develop his own.
>>
>>70310516
Avatar was written before Pocahontas.
>>
Really boring this, >>70310516 , showed what CGI is capable of (by what, 2011 standards?), ruined my grandpa's perspective on what a good adventure movie is, unneeded and unwanted sequels, Cameron could be doing something 10 times better.
>>
>>70310481
It's okay

His weakest film, but compared to the shithole that was 2009 when it got released it looks a lot better
>>
>>70310481
Forgettable. Honestly can't remember much of it, just that it looked pretty neat I guess.
>>
>>70310560
Avatar's CGI still holds up, it looks better than modern movies. You can't deny this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-XCDjyDNs
>>
>>70310481

Still looks good, enjoyable to watch.

He's the king of sequels so I'm hyped
>>
>>70310559
Who do you think you're fooling?
>>
File: avatar_3d_4.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>70310481
GOAT sci-fi and a great final battle
>>
File: dance.png (102 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
dance.png
102 KB, 224x216
BUTTHURT
U
T
T
H
U
R
T
>>
>>70310481
The first half or so is excellent, a solid sci-fi experience, then it tails of into mediocrity.
>>
pretty solid 8/10
>>
here's the thing:

it uses tropes, lot's of them, and has a plot that we've already seen 10 times before, BUT it's a well rounded movie with a lot of immersion including conveying ideals and morals in an interesting setting, with interesting characters (even though they're mostly two dimensional and less). I know you "kino" fanatics hate it, but I think it's entertaining and still holds up after these years. but that's just the opinion of a guy that likes fun, unlike many others here.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.