[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endings that make you go WTF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
File: ChinaTown.jpg (346 KB, 1083x1500) Image search: [Google]
ChinaTown.jpg
346 KB, 1083x1500
WTF?
>>
File: Go_Home_Jake.png (1 MB, 1913x1071) Image search: [Google]
Go_Home_Jake.png
1 MB, 1913x1071
"Go home Jake, I'm doing you a favor."
>>
File: Forget_it_Jake_its_CT.png (1 MB, 1911x1067) Image search: [Google]
Forget_it_Jake_its_CT.png
1 MB, 1911x1067
"Forget it Jake, it's china town."
>>
File: fucking little bitch.png (91 KB, 186x465) Image search: [Google]
fucking little bitch.png
91 KB, 186x465
>"What a little bitch"
>>
File: GO_HOME_JAAKEEY.png (952 KB, 1896x1048) Image search: [Google]
GO_HOME_JAAKEEY.png
952 KB, 1896x1048
Enjoyed the majority of the movie but the ending was not great, so much potential lost.. How is this movie not slammed as the biggest detective ending fail instead of being one of the highest held detective mystery movies out there is beyond me.
>>
File: wat a lil bitch.png (73 KB, 174x412) Image search: [Google]
wat a lil bitch.png
73 KB, 174x412
At least I got a new reaction pic..
>>
I hated how the writers killed off the joker by making him OD in The Dark Knight, I wanted him to be in the next one so badly.
>>
polanski did nothing wrong
>>
>>70301062
Why did it make you WTF?

Chinatown is a noir movie and noir movies pretty much always end with the bad guys getting away with it, I can't see how it would surprise you.
>>
File: 1439419408793.jpg (814 KB, 1280x2800) Image search: [Google]
1439419408793.jpg
814 KB, 1280x2800
>>70302447
I'm okay with bad guys getting away with it in Noir media and novels, just not how they won

>He owns the police
>Well fuck, it's not worth the hassle

Jake became a push over right then n now. I always hope for the main character(s) to die in most films even if i like them.

>spolier example for True Detective season 2, was bumpy ride the entire season but it stayed true to if you keep fucking up, you hit the dirt
>>
>>70302447

>noir movies pretty much always end with the bad guys getting away with it

Literally the fucking opposite is true, that never happened in Noir films because of the Hays code. Fuck off back to /b/ pleb.
>>
>>70301341
>is beyond me.

We know
>>
>>70302447
That's not true, noir films usually have all their darkness happen in the past or off screen and the endings were usually solved if not happy. Chinatown is a subversion of that and the ending is basically Jake's surrender and acknowledgment that Chinatown is much bigger than he is. Most of the movie takes place outside of Chinatown, isn't even about Chinatown, because Jake, ruthless and intelligent and belligerent as he is, cannot move or work within that place. GOAT ending.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 178x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 178x264
>>70301062
"Let's you decide WHAT" was somehow popular way to conclude a story back in the 50s & 60s. Have you check "Rashomon" !? It's very good example of the way things are build up toward the end, but the truth is still in the mist.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.