[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't live action TV shows change their opening songs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
Why don't live action TV shows change their opening songs like with anime? One of the best parts of anime is the roulette for badass openings.
>>
Babylon 5 had a new opening each season to reflect the 'year' ahead.

Hence why they were fucking awesome.
>>
They probably don't feel that it's worth wasting some of the budget on two minutes that people usually skip if they can anyway.
>>
>>70300358
it is not a song
it is music/theme
tv show OPs are pretty brief compared to 90 second anime ones
not worth the change
>>
>>70300358
the wire
>>
>>70302362
>Not watching for new castles
>>
>>70300358
*cringe*
>>
>>70300358
Doctor Who did many times.

True, GoT needs a remastered Season 6 theme like maybe with some other instruments added in and a faster pace or something to make it sound different
>>
Because the purpose of theme music is to alert people that the particular show is starting.

Why does anime change it themes? I don't understand that.
>>
>>70303599
They did it for the first 3 seasons iirc
>>
>>70303640
Cross promotion. The Japanese entertainment industry is a giant mafia organization where ownership of everything is connected and anyone who doesn't play ball ends up out of a job.
>>
Why the FUCK did my post just get deleted? There was nothing inaccurate about it.

In Japan, opening music is usually a song single by a singer that a record label sponsoring the show is trying to promote.
This shilling structure is virtually non-existant in the US because record companies are huge and don't need a little extra publicity. Plus, it could present problems when the show goes to video or stream (the royalty structure gets very complicated) and the labels here would start getting very pushy about how much money the show producers would owe them.
The closest we've gotten are shitty shows on WB/CW that are just "LOL SLAP A D-LIST SONG ON THERE SO WE DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE MUSIC GUY FOR ANOTHER TRACK".
>>
>>70303860
>speaking about music on /tv/
well there's the problem
>>
>>70302410
I guess that's a pretty good point.

>>70303860
I mean I won't argue with the fact that a lot of anime OP's are like that. But there are definitely openings that are specifically made for the show too.

I'm also talking about the visuals too, I like seeing new OP's every season because its cool when they set the tone for the season. I'll admit that a lot of the real memorable openings are the openings for the first season of a show.
>>
>>70300358
>>70302695

This, go watch it, you inbreed reatrd manchildren.
>>
When Grendry come back? This season or in 7°??
>>
>>70300358
The opening itself can't change because in GoT in particular thats used to show where the locations in the episode are actually supposed to be relevant to everything else.

And the song is too iconic to change. And would annoy people and be a waste of money for a negative effect.
>>
File: Intensely triggered.gif (3 MB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
Intensely triggered.gif
3 MB, 165x115
>>70303346
>mfw the harpy is still not defaced in Mereen in the intro
>>
>>70302410
Except OP image is literally GoT which has 90 fucking second theme

I imagine it's to give people a sense of familiarity, to bind them to the series/"brand"
>>
Prison Break kind of did this.
>>
>>70300358
because one will always be regarded as the "best" and as such it's a waste of time.

look at The Wire, they even kept the same song and it was still pointless because the Season 1 version was clearly the best whatever they did.
>>
>>70305241
You mean S2
>>
>>70304690
>mfw Sunspear is just Dorne
>>
sons of anarchy did a different rendition of their theme song for their season set in ireland
>>
File: 315.jpg (16 KB, 261x269) Image search: [Google]
315.jpg
16 KB, 261x269
>>70304690
>any place that wasn't in the S1 intro

It's a real shame you can tell S1 had actual effort behind it.
>>
Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
Kamen Rider Blade
Kamen Rider Hibiki
>>
>>70302695
We now discuss which season had the best opening, song and visualwise.

Season 5 song wise for me,
visual season 1 or 2
>>
>>70306257
>Season 5 song wise for me,

This is why white people should refrain from watching this show.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464784657804.webm
>>
>>70305603
I didn't really pay close attention. Any specific flaw you want to complain about?
>>
>>70306479
They look halfassed as fuck.
>>
>>70306595
I didn't get this impression. Most of threm are pretty good and detailed. The circular one seemed the only one lazy. Moat Callin or something like that.
>>
SO PUT YOUR GRASSES ON

NOTHING WIRR BE WONG
>>
>>70306662
Well you must be bland. Compare Winterfell or KL to Meereen or Bravos and you'll see.
>>
The Cosby Show changed it every season.
>>
>>70303860
You're 100% correct, but the d-list approach is not always bad, just look at true detective (S1 of course)
>>
>anime
>>
>>70300358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PTNHQND6MA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSH-81yT7s
>>
>>70300358

was this OP crafted by top scientists to trigger me as hard as possible? GoT and "what anime should they make into a movie" threads are the objectively worst ones on this board, an absolute masterstroke to combine these two cancers into a supercancer.
>>
>>70304190
>But there are definitely openings that are specifically made for the show too.
Generally because Kadokawa is behind everything
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.