[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finall started getting into this series. Are we supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
So I finall started getting into this series. Are we supposed to believe that people and their leaders/government would come together and decide to torture kids for research? Is it ever a good reason to torture kids? I'm having a hard time going along with the premise.
Is this franchise-books or movies-even worth keeping up?
>>
File: nazi.jpg (113 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
nazi.jpg
113 KB, 992x558
So I finall started getting into this series. Are we supposed to believe that people and their leaders/government would come together and decide to torture kids for research? Is it ever a good reason to torture kids? I'm having a hard time going along with the premise.
Is this franchise-books or movies-even worth keeping up?
>>
>>70258023
But would they last out there in the skarch?
>>
>>70257836
What you need to realize is that these young adult book movies are literally all the same with the same anti authority message because that's what sells to angsty teens. Same shit as hungry game, as divergent, as 5th wave, and on, and on, and on.
>>
>>70257836
'finally' into it. cause it's a required viewing masterpiece, right? Just drop this piece of shit
>>
>>70259295
I haven't read the books, but the ending to the last Maze Runner movie implies that while the government can be a bit extreme, they're still the best chance for humanity's survival.
>>
File: the maze is one thing, but.png (243 KB, 763x328) Image search: [Google]
the maze is one thing, but.png
243 KB, 763x328
>>70258072
>implying those kids would last even one day out in the SKARCH
>>
>>70259501
I love this meme
>>
>>70257836
>Are we supposed to believe that people and their leaders/government would come together and decide to torture kids for research?

It's called "American public schooling," anon, except without the research.
>>
>>70259295
Just once I want a movie where the kids get together, shoot a bunch of teachers, take over the school, and hold it under siege while demanding equal rights like the right to vote and so forth. Then they all die and are remembered as martyrs by the other children while the audience ominously fears an uprising in every other school.
>>
im pretty sure africans do this, but they don't do it in the name of research.
>>
File: skarch.gif (2 MB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
skarch.gif
2 MB, 500x230
>>70257836
You shouldn't really pay attention to the shitty plot. Just watch the scenes with CIA and forget the rest.
>>
>>70257836
Movie was actually pretty fucking grew until the last 1/4. Then it just took a giant stinky seven gallons of diarrhea shit in the bed.
>>
>>70258072
They could probably last about 23 hours and 59 minutes tops.
>>
>>70261519
I mean an entire government body and tax paying citizens, not some crazed lunatic dictator convinced he's the voice of God or some shit. I might be assuming its a democratic society.
>>
File: ants.gif (45 KB, 50x28) Image search: [Google]
ants.gif
45 KB, 50x28
>>70257836
>>
>>70259370
I'm not saying that, bro. I just saw this on /tv/ earlier last year but didn't bother to watch it and read up on it until now. I'm jut saying it"s not even worth it. I'm basically agreeing with you. unless this whole ya fiction explosion doesn't bother you I mean.
>>
>>70258023
That was different though. They were "othering" and discriminating against the Jews who were a different people from them. This would be the equivalent of treating German non Jewish children like that.
>>
>>70259501
>>70258072
>>70261523
Do people take this guy as a seriously as an actor or is he just that bad ?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.