[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, GATE in real life isn't possible http://www.popu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: gate.jpg (262 KB, 713x1000) Image search: [Google]
gate.jpg
262 KB, 713x1000
Guys, GATE in real life isn't possible

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a7341/rome-sweet-rome-could-a-single-marine-unit-destroy-the-roman-empire/

Also, what happened to the planned movie?
>>
>>70257372
in GATE they are reinforced and resupplied though.
>>
>>70257372
>>Also, what happened to the planned movie?
Probably canned when they realised the screenwriter was an inept retard, and the excessive cost of producing something that includes thousands of troops for very little return.
>>
File: B7qOpuaIQAA0s0q.jpg (29 KB, 599x383) Image search: [Google]
B7qOpuaIQAA0s0q.jpg
29 KB, 599x383
I'm waiting on the sequel
>>
File: Pax_Romana_01.jpg (36 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
Pax_Romana_01.jpg
36 KB, 250x391
> literally a reddit movie, based on a thread
> a manga / anime

both rip off a comic from years ago
>>
>>70257372
Fuck Gate disappointed me so badly. It was such a neat premise to see a modern day military unit fight in a fantasy world. Then it devolved into a goddamn harem anime and a completely nonexistent threat to the main characters since every fight was just hundreds of men being gunned down.
>>
>>70258349
Pretty sure the lions would win by sheer volume
>>
>>70258589
The sun is over 10 orders of magnitude bigger than the lions. Wouldn't even make a dent.
>>
>>70258567
This so much.

I swear the jews control anime now or something, everything gets made purely to bring in money instead of trying something new.

>>70258589
Dude, our sun is HUGE.
According to my calculations a trillion lions take up (veeery roughly) 1,2 x 10^3 km^3.

Our sun's volume is: 1,4 x 10^18 km^3
>>
>>70258567
They didn't even show that much of the military action.

>>70258820
>>70258803
What if the lions attack at night?
>>
>>70258567
All these shows a disappointing.

Zero No Tsukaima should have really been about the MC being seen as a legendary powerful wizard because he had access to WW2+ weaponry, yet instead of using the guns and bazookas and tanks and planes he comes across, for 99% of it he uses his fucking sword and nobody gives a shit about him.

Gate is the opposite, they just mow down everyone without opposition.

Fantasy vs Modern Soldiers can be interesting if you allow the fantasy side to have incredibly destructive spells. That way it's a battle between destructive fantasy magic vs modern technology.

Fun little fact, Y'know Howls Moving Castle, the Miyazaki film? In the Book, Howl's magic is actually just mostly modern technology. He's actually from (and lives) in modern day wales. In the book he even takes Sophie and Markl to the real world and blows their fucking minds by driving them around the place.
>>
>>70259702
too bad the book is mediocre and the anime is actually damn good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.