[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: shows/films that have caused real life deaths.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: Unbreakable-Kimmy-Schmidt.png (545 KB, 1172x500) Image search: [Google]
Unbreakable-Kimmy-Schmidt.png
545 KB, 1172x500
ITT: shows/films that have caused real life deaths.
>>
File: TDKR.jpg (22 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
TDKR.jpg
22 KB, 214x317
>>
When I was a kid, I thought Leo died on the Titanic.
>>
>>70255978
All actors died for real
>>
>>70255922
>guy never did anything wrong
>get horribly mean sprited fun made of you for literally no reason

Women writers. The only source of humor is being cunts to people.
>>
>>70255922
>>70256016
what's this?
>>
File: 220px-The_program_movie.jpg (22 KB, 220x325) Image search: [Google]
220px-The_program_movie.jpg
22 KB, 220x325
>>70255922
Starting Defense Baby!

Place at the Table!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiPCmKvgDQo
>>
>>70256016
He shouldn't have looked like an actual monster then.
>>
>>70255922
>ITT: shows/films that have caused real life deaths.

not in the loop about the kimmy schmidt show causing a death, can you elaborate?
>>
File: taxidriver.jpg (51 KB, 630x464) Image search: [Google]
taxidriver.jpg
51 KB, 630x464
Special mentions for an assassination attempt on a U.S president
>>
>>70256040
>>70256096
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/madonnas-dermatologist-fredric-brandt-found-786482

Guy was depressed and killed himself.
>>
>>70256133
>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/madonnas-dermatologist-fredric-brandt-found-786482

thanks
>>
>>70256096
The cosmetic surgeon character was making fun of a real Hollywood cosmetic surgeon who was very meek and insecure. He killed himself because of the portrayal.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru6I9Cc9XnE
>>
>>70256096
The doctor who can't talk properly because of all the the plastic surgery he has was based on a real doctor. Said doctor was depressed and he killed himself and people are claiming it was because of the character on the show.
>>
File: 65 years old.jpg (24 KB, 306x384) Image search: [Google]
65 years old.jpg
24 KB, 306x384
>>70256078
He really did not look that bad.
>>
>>70256168

thanks, yeah i just checked the article linked above.

didn't reach that episode of it. I watched like 2 or 3 eps of it and stopped watching. i hated it.
>>
>>70256168
>>70256206
>>70256133
Damn. That's really sad for the guy but he must have had more issues than just getting poked fun at. And I mean, how do you expect to be a guy with horrid botox face and not get made fun of?
>>
>>70256279
Guess he wasn't as unbreakable.
>>
>>70256279
>how does a random person who just does his job not expect to be made fun of on a TV show

He clearly was asking for it.
>>
>>70256206
If someone kills themselves, it's nobody's fault other than the dipshit who killed themselves

It's like that time some radio dipshits prank called the queen's hospital or something and the doctor or nurse or whatever killed themselves over it, and people blamed the radio hosts for some reason

there's always a better option than suicide
>>
>>70256326

I don't think the guy was enough of a public figure to be made fun of on an internationally streamed show. He seems like he was a minor celeb in his region. Wrong of them to pick him as a target to parody.
>>
File: the crow.jpg (68 KB, 545x363) Image search: [Google]
the crow.jpg
68 KB, 545x363
>>70255922
Someone put real bullets in a prop gun that should have had blanks?

Why would someone even have live rounds on the movie set?
>>
>>70256319
He isn't just some guy doing a job. He was a very well known plastic surgeon for the stars. And I don't mean just on TV. I mean in general. I highly doubt this show was first one to make fun of a plastic surgeon with a plastic face.
>>
>>70256232
The guy was a plastic surgery freak but it's always tragic when someone does something like this. It just goes to show you that some people put alot of stock in looks.
>>
>>70256377
If people who get falsely accused of rape and get nearly beaten to death because of it don't commit suicide, some faggot who got paid millions to cut on celebrities sure as shit can handle some low-tier comedy show making fun of him
>>
File: cut.png (253 KB, 567x412) Image search: [Google]
cut.png
253 KB, 567x412
>>70255922

AND CUT
>>
File: FURIOUS-7-facebook.jpg (128 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
FURIOUS-7-facebook.jpg
128 KB, 2000x1000
>>70255922
We may Never know the amount of car accidents and deaths caused by these piece of shit movies.
>>
>>70256389
I didn't think they used live rounds in The Crow, wasn't it just that someone didn't clean the chamber properly and it caused the blank to misfire and the case fragments exited the barrel?
>>
>>70256514
What's going on there?
>>
>“It is mean, and it was bullying. But the show was not the reason for his depression, and it was not the reason he would take his own life," said Trachtenberg, adding that his death was "sudden" but not going into detail on the circumstances.
>>
>>70255978
Kid?

Shiiieeet I'm old, I got free tickets to see that movie and missed most of it getting an old fashion under my jacket
>>
>>70256570
2 Vietnamese children and a semi-famous actor being beheaded by a helicopter blade.
>>
>>70256564
I think they had dummy bullets for a close up scene where a real bullet would actually be visible in the gun. Someone one of these dummy bullets or fragments of it was left in the gun when they loaded it for a blank shot, which is supposed to have discharge but no bullet.
>>
>>70256564
I'll take your word for it, that would have to be a pretty goddamn dirty barrel.

I always heard it was live rounds but I'll take your word for it since I never really looked into it,
>>
>>70256570
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident
>>
>>70256649
>>70256639
>>70256564
>>70256389
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow_%281994_film%29#Brandon_Lee.27s_death

Basically, the prop guy didn't check the barrel before loading the blanks, and there was a dummy round's bullet stuck in it. Dummy rounds use read bullets but not real casings, whereas blanks use real casings but no bullet.

So, basically, the blank + dummy round functioned as if it were a real round.

Though I have no idea why the prop guy didn't know about the ALWAYS CHECK A FUCKING GUN BEFORE YOU USE IT rule
>>
File: a clockwork orange.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a clockwork orange.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>70255922
>Clockwork Orange, which is full of futuristic gang violence and rape, set off a string of imitation crimes. Stanley Kubrick: A Biography lists several instances of people dressing up in the droogs' iconic white jumpsuits and bowlers to commit copycat beatings and murders. A 17 year old Dutch girl was raped while camping by a gang of droog-imitators chanting “Singin’ in the Rain.”
>>
>>70256649
I believe this is what happened
>Filming the shootout
>Guns using blanks
>One blank doesn't fire properly and is stuck in the barrel of the gun
>Nobody checks the guns or cleans them before reloading for the Brandon lee shot
>Another blank is fired, the pressure launches the unfired blank into Lee

That's what I remember reading anyway. It wasn't just a dirty gun it had a blank lodged in the barrel.
>>
>>70256737
He had one fucking job
>>
>>70256737
>>70256775
Thanks for the info

I still remember seeing both movies in the theater and all the conspiracies surrounding his death.

Ah the days before the internet
>>
>>70255922
This show is cringe as fuck but I want to plow Kimmy so I can't stop watching it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
>>
>>70256829
Another lingering issue is that they never released the uncut version because of it.

They heavily cut the movie to remove among other things many parts of his character being riddled with bullets.
>>
>>70256889
You literally just described the entire basis for most actress's careers.
>>
>>70256803
I mean, don't all yanks know that rule anyway? I'm a fucking ausfag and I know the three golden rules

>Always treat a gun as if it is loaded when you pick it up, until you yourself confirm otherwise - do not take someone else's word for it
>Never point a gun at something unless you are comfortable with putting a hole in it, and you know what's behind it
>Do not put your finger on the trigger or inside the trigger guard until you are aiming at your target

Or rules close enough to that, anyway

How would anyone working on a movie involving guns not know those rules is seriously mind boggling
>>
>>70256958
sucks
>>
>>70256889

No, she is really past her prime in season 2
>>
Once upon a time in the west

Ugly guy at the train station stand off at the beginning of the movie committed suicide on set. Same guy who Tuco shot when he was in the tub.
>>
>>70256696
>pilot crashes heli
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>70256986
It could be that they were at the end of a long shoot and just wanted to move on. Scenes like this take forever to set-up and reset if the take doesn't go well. Maybe the Prop master gave the job of gun cleaning to his assistant and things were so hectic things like that got overlooked. Movies are incredibly complicated to make and that's why yeah, you need strict as fuck gun regulations on set.
One good thing about the whole thing is that now people are far less likely to make that mistake
>>
>>70255922
Isn't Tina Fey a writer on this show? She's always been a notorious bully hiding under the meek good girl persona.
>>
>>70257223
>She's always been a notorious bully hiding under the meek good girl persona
Like every woman?
>>
>>70257026
Never heard that before.

Fabio Testi survived falling off a building and landing on his fucking head so I guess someone on that set owed death a soul.
>>
>>70257223
>a notorious bully
The bully meme is alive and well. She seems like a massive cunt anyway, but the reason that she has that persona is because she's educated and somewhat attractive. I find her humor to be shit tier personally which is part of the reason that this show is garbage.
>>
>>70256514
Wait, they actually had footage of the Twilight Zone Movie beheadings that was leaked?
>>
>>70257144
I had heard that it was a single shot though. In the movie he now gets a knife thrown at him but originally he was shot by a single bullet.

I'm probably wrong though.
>>
>>70257026
Who is the ugly one? The one with the fly or the one cracking his knuckles?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.