[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chef's Table
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (1015 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1015 KB, 1600x900
anyone else watch this series? the food is so beautiful
>>
File: patisserie.webm (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
patisserie.webm
3 MB, 426x426
not as good as pic related
>>
>>70254261
i'm impressed, but have you watched the series? the episode on Grant Achatz is truly incredible.
>>
somewhat related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc-jMrxgPsw
>>
Watched the first episode.

It showed some tryhard hack serving 2oz portions and calling them meals.

Didn't bother with the rest of this so called "art" series.
>>
>>70254401
>americans

food isn't always about stuffing your face, moron
>>
I want to watch it but I don't want to have to ask my sister for the Netflix password because she's mean and tells me to get a job
>>
>>70254434
Dining isnt about going out so some pretentious italian can throw lukewarm dishes at your face expecting you to get every nuanced flavor out of the halfspoonful of "art".
>>
>>70254538
you really don't understand, do you?

kind of incredible, really. oh well. go back to McDonald's.
>>
>>70254194

I've watched season 1 and Atala's episode of season 2.

Every episode has it's own vibe to it that relates to the chef's own personality and philosophy, I like that. My favorite by far is Mallmann's, so fucking based.

>>70254401

I recommend you watch Mallmann's episode, he cooks rustic style: lots of meat on the open fire in the middle of nowhere in Patagonia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ8Htm4jAGc
>>
>>70254194
Loved the first season, trying to find the time to watch the second one.

Only thing I dont like about is how cunty the chefs are.
>>
>>70255316
you should really check out Achatz's episode. it's my favorite by far.

>>70255347
i think that sort of personality just tends to rise to the top in the world of professional cooking. it really is a cutthroat environment.
>>
I really liked the first season of mind of a chef. David Chang is a cool dude. Didn't really liked the second season with all The haute cuisine southern cooking but the third season is cool again
>>
>>70255387
but they also act cunty in the interviews. like tone it down. show your good side.
>>
>>70255422
thing is, that probably is them toning it down. i really got that impression from the very first episode with Bottura. that guy seems like a prick.
>>
>>70255422
I hate the "I'm European but I speak English and say fuck every second word" things most chefs do
>>
>>70255347
>>70255387

>how cunty the chefs are.
>it really is a cutthroat environment.

it's not even about the environment

to be at the top of any career, specially in a global industry like fine dining where your work gets critiqued all the time, I think you simultaneously have to think big and out of the box so you can attract attention, and then you have to be a little stubborn in your ways so you can resist to criticism confidently

even people like jamie oliver, as unharmful as they come, have that kind of ego
>>
File: 3546.jpg (11 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
3546.jpg
11 KB, 211x212
>>70254261
This is some nice food.. for gay niggas
>>
>>70255460
He is, but he is also the best italian chef at this point in time
>>
>>70255746
yeah, i don't mean to denigrate his cooking at all.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.