[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you tell if you are writing a good screenplay or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1438108912393.jpg (66 KB, 645x778) Image search: [Google]
1438108912393.jpg
66 KB, 645x778
How can you tell if you are writing a good screenplay or not? I've been writing everyday, and I think it's going well, but I have extreme paranoia that I'm going to do all this work and it's going to be shit and never get any better.

Also no I won't share my idea or post my screenplay.
>>
File: 51231as.jpg (123 KB, 527x711) Image search: [Google]
51231as.jpg
123 KB, 527x711
>>
>>70253717
Find people who have good but varying tastes and get them to read it.
>>
>>70253717

If you won't share your work with others you will never get better.
>>
>>70253717
>How can you tell if you are writing a good screenplay or not
Get someone to read it. Saying you wont do the one thing necessary to do isn't going to get you anywhere.
>>
>>70253717
writers write because it's enjoyable to write. i have over 700,000 pages of unpublished material. most of it's been rejected but commercial standards don't matter. most of it is """fanfiction""" because the suits don't want to promote fursonas even though they're massively popular. none of it matters. a writer writes. whether or not the Man accepts it makes no difference at all. write because you enjoy writing, not because you want to be the #1 film of all time behind avatar. that probably won't happen. but you will discover things within yourself if you keep writing. that's reward enough.
>>
>>70253832
Yeah, I understand that but I can also understand not sharing it on 4chan. Unless you want to run the risk of being meme'd into oblivion.

>>70253804
>>
>>70253804
>redundant parentheses
>only one space after period
>that terrible dialogue
>"Silence."

Jesus fucking christ this is awful
>>
>>70253902

I don't think anyone is gonna give a shit about your screenplay and if you can't share it here then you need to go and share it somewhere.

You can pay to have it reviewed by the Black List though their reviewers are not all of a high quality from what I can tell.
>>
>>70253717
Just post a page so we can judge your style...
>>
>>70253900
this guy is on point.

also, to some degree at least, you'll get better with time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.