[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Past a certain age a man without a family can be a bad thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 018-true-detective-theredlist.jpg (70 KB, 1206x723) Image search: [Google]
018-true-detective-theredlist.jpg
70 KB, 1206x723
>Past a certain age a man without a family can be a bad thing

How do you respond?
>>
most of the greatest artists of the world had no children
you give up on your full potential when you decide to start a family, and that's okay for some but not for others
>>
>>70250883
I think a family is what can make a man happy
>>
>>70250883
What about the other percentage of men who not only have no family but also did not exceeded in proving their worth to the world?
Like all the other nobodies like you and me?

I believe that statement is correct i am part of it and i feel the fact that the suicide ghost is visiting me more often every day only means natural selection is trying to tell me
>delete this save
>restart the game
i think i should listen.
>>
>>70251019
I don't think that the game gets retarded.
>>
>>70250981
having families make a lot of men unhappy. It's a huge financial burden, not to mention the waste of time. and for what
>>
>>70250845

I agree. That's why past a certain age I'm going to blow my brains out.
>>
>>70251019
Don't listen, go seek professional help, love you anon
>>
>>70251206
I think that pros outweigh the cons though. I'm only 20 years old, but I certainly want a family when I am older and financially secure.
>>
>>70251207
Travel the world instead of doing that. If you're feeling suicidal, visit Iraq, Iran, Syria and volunteer.
>>
>>70250845
I know, I'm living that now.
>>
>>70251263
It really goes both ways. Some people have kids cause they weren't careful not because they planned to. As a result they sometimes have to make compromises and sacrifices and dont get to do the things in life they would've liked. As a result they can make bad choices or habits like alcohol or drugs.
>>
>>70251286
Ah crap, dude, I just reread my post and realized how depressed it sounds. But I do enjoy traveling a lot. I'm getting and education and have career plans. But I'm 99% convinced the family life will be a terrible idea. Maybe medicine and tech will make quality of life so good that I won't an hero when I get older, but until then, I intend to live and have fun. You're a good anon for posting that reply tho, so thank you
>>
>>70251261
Its hard to 'seek professional help' or even 'travel the world' if you are beyond broke.
suicide is free (for now) gee, if they ever monetize disney will probably buy it.
>>
>>70251490
I wonder if he's talking about ISIS when he says "volunteer"
>>
Rust had no family is was arguably a better man than Marty
>>
File: DonDraperFunnyFace-600x360.jpg (46 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
DonDraperFunnyFace-600x360.jpg
46 KB, 600x360
You're born alone and you die alone, and this world drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts
>>
>>70251451
And I'm on the opposite of the spectrum you mentioned. My parents took my sister and I with them when I was as young as 4 and we went on road trips, vacations to other parts of the world, and in different continents. Everyone's situation is certainly different. I agree that some people have no business having kids, and in countries like India and China this is a leading problem.
>>
>>70251552
He seemed pretty depressed though.

>The entire species should stop reproducing and just die out
>>
it's true. doesn't have to be a wife and 2 kids but getting past 35 without a solid family support system will take its toll.
>>
>>70251463
Just follow your dreams man and I'm sure you'll be fine. I read an article from a famous psychologist that said, and I paraphrase, traveling can lead to a happy life and greater insight into how other people live.
>>
>>70251286
Not everyone has the money or ability to travel the world, but starting small and volunteering for a few causes in your community/town/city can lead to bigger things and help build a sense of purpose and worth.
>>
>>70251490
How you planning on doing it senpai? I can't think of anything more terrifying than an attempt turning you into a vegetable or something fucked up like that.
>>
>>70250981
lmao

happiness is an illusion
>>
id agree with him even though thats where im heading
>>
>>70251935
Medical technology in current times can old fix so much. A point blank shotgun blast the to head is pretty much incapable of being healed.

>>70251992
Happiness is a very real thing, just like every other human emotion.
>>
File: 1412309183207.jpg (102 KB, 1039x1004) Image search: [Google]
1412309183207.jpg
102 KB, 1039x1004
>>70251557
>born alone
>literally come into the world by exiting another human being
>>
>>70251992
i'm inclined to agree with you but i know that's the depression talking. pure happiness as a permanent state isn't achievable but i think most people would settle for feeling content.
>>
>>70251206
you're right. think of all the ass games you'd miss out on.
>>
>>70252072
As an infant incapable of thought or memory, you are alone in that sense.
>>
>>70250845
"A man without a family can be a bad thing"

"My family's been here a long time."

Most of the major "pseudo-philosophical" quotes can be attributed both to Mary and Rust, as well as the Yellow King cult. The cult is a family, and without it, what is Errol Childress doing? He's killing people, which is obviously bad, but he's making it public, he's trying to get caught. So "without a family" his "bad thing" is revealing the murderous history of the cult.
>>
i'm 40 and have no family

everyone thinks your weird
>>
>>70252116
I was just trying to get some fedora pictures but I agree that happiness is temporary at best. Your brain can't give off happiness chemicals all the time. Even if it did you would always be looking for more. Hence it being an illusion.
>>
>>70252248
"("lol" "what" "?")"
>>
File: tibs fedora.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tibs fedora.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>70252152
no, if we go with your concept of as an infant you have no concept of anything due to the inability to think or remember

that doesn't point to being alone or not alone, it points to nothing
>>
>>70250883
If you get to your early thirties and you've done something that will ripple through the ages, then you might have a point.
If not, by far the best thing you can possible do with your time is have children.
You might think "but I won't have time to level up my battle hammer" but that's not true.
You could still level up your battle hammer, you'll just realise that it was a complete waste of time.
>>
>>70252249
I'd think at that point most people just grab whatever they can find and try to have kids with it just to avoid that feeling.
>>
File: 718.gif (2 MB, 260x150) Image search: [Google]
718.gif
2 MB, 260x150
>How do I respond
picfuckingrelated.mkv

breeders are dumb

expendable income > a fake family that will milk you dry

All the dudes I work with constantly bitch about 'my wife this, my kids blah blah blah.'

You know what sound like more fun than that? Keeping the money I work for, and doing whatever I want, whenever I want.

There is always some stupid nigs that proclaim how great having kids and a wife is, yet they are just rationalizing the indentured servitude that is their miserable, thankless life.

Seems like a shitty deal to me, I don't see why anyone would be compelled to do it, aside from it being a societal norm... and that's not a good enough reason for me.
>>
>>70252316
Nothingness is like aloneness
>>
>>70252502
>I don't see why anyone would be compelled to do it

This is it, exactly. You do it because you're compelled to. Your biology dictates what makes you happy, and one day you wake up and realize

>this is the only thing that makes me happy

You don't understand it, until you do.

You have to appreciate that your entire purpose in nature is as a vehicle to replicate your DNA.
>>
>>70251019
Just b urself. Call a suicide hotline
>>
I don't like being around people

I never have

I never will
>>
>>70252518
no, nothingness is nothingness

if we take your idea as true, you have no concept of anything, let alone being alone

It's like thinking about what happens to you after you die assuming you are an atheist

it's pointless and a stupid analogy
>>
>>70252502
>Seems like a shitty deal to me, I don't see why anyone would be compelled to do it, aside from it being a societal norm... and that's not a good enough reason for me.

I can understand this feeling from single guys in your 20s.

Your viewpoint changes as you get older, though. Your mom or dad die, sisters and brothers and friends get married and you start feeling very lonely the older you get. A family seems like a burden in your 20s, but if you keep that mindset, the window closes and being single at middle age makes you feel horrible.
>>
>>70252572
>You have to appreciate that your entire purpose in nature is as a vehicle to replicate your DNA.
I choose to acknowledge and disregard this fact, humans should ascend beyond instinct at some point don't you think?
>>
>>70252839
unfortunately we will never reach that point
>>
>>70252839

I agree completely, but at the end of the day, all anyone wants to be is happy. And if your switch flips and your brain decides

>this is the only way I can be happy

Then there isn't anything you can do, except be miserable and try to compensate for it.
>>
File: M'lady.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
M'lady.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>70252254
I got you covered famlam
>>
>>70250845
Ha.
In my 20s, i wondered when id have my family.
In my 30s, I was upset tyat it wasnt happening and getting concerned I was missing out on what my friends had.
Now in my 40's I discovered the full story of ehat it is my friends have, how fucked their lives and their kids lives are, and what they meant when to date, each and every one of them has said in confidence that they're envious of my decision to break it off with my exes rather than have kids. None of them are happy with their decision, none would do it over again, which reflects the polls on the matter that economists have compiled (which more than one has brought up): most happy lifetyle: single, but attached, 2nd place: Single unattached; 3rd place: single w.kids, (Loooong gap in percentage points) dead last: married w/kids.

42 now. As for recommending anyone have kids, I would never do that to the kid, or to the fucking world. It's completely ethically unsupportable.

You get a few short years of hormone buzz & fun out of the deal when theyre at the right age, and the price you, them, and the world pay in exchange is not worth it.
>>
>not responding ">he fell for the family meme"

family is literally propaganda. everyone does it not because of a conscious option, but because they "feel like it". they are emotionally, unconsciously compelled to. literally brainwashed to.
>>
>>70252899
>42 now.

wew lad.
>>
>>70252572
Yeah, fuck that. That's not happening. I was in long term relationships when I was younger so I am not a closeted virgin fag. I am much happier now not having a girlfriend. They really aren't worth it. I don't care how good the sex is. The cost benefit analysis is not in their favor. You can literally jack off to a different girl doing whatever you can imagine, every day for the rest of your life... for free. You can't get a disease from your hand, your hand doesn't play emotional games, you don't have to take your hand out, you don't have to placate your hand, you can't get your hand pregnant... Did I mention free, easy, and accessible 24/7/365. Women are on the verge of becoming obsolete, as soon as they build a robot that can realistically fuck, it is a cheaper safer alternative to the real thing. Sex is the only thing they have to offer me, because that is all they can offer me that I would want. Otherwise they are annoying, illogical nuisances at best.

>>70252716
So much this.

I tried to force myself to be social and date, and be 'normal' growing up. But fuck that, for what. I hate doing that shit, so why should I. I get that most people are social creatures and like to be with other people, but I do not. I prefer to be alone. fagchan for a couple hours a day is about as much social interaction as I want...if that. Aside from dealing with the faggots at work. I don't particularly mind it at work, since I am getting paid to do it.

>>70252721
[euphoria intensifies]

>>70252806
I'm 30, cutting the retarded bullshit out of my life was the best thing I ever did. Will I regret it and be sad and lonely one day, I doubt it. It has been about a decade and I still think it was the right decision.

>>70252839
Fucking A! this

It is a shitty deal, why would I do it, it is self-defeating at best.
>>
>>70251019
The solution is to do something worthwhile, not to give up. It's never going to be easy, but it's worth doing.
>>
>>70250845
did you even watch the fucking show? woodys life was ruined because he started a family when he clearly shouldnt have.
>>
>>70253004
His life was ruined because he's a fucking idiot.
Did you watch the show?
>>
>>70252899
lmao what a fuccin granpa

I enjoy my daughter, it's certainly different strokes for different folks. It's hard work and most people that have kids aren't ready for the effort involved. I wasn't when she was born but she helped me grow up so much and that helps me appreciate her even more. All of this is anecdotal, the stories of people regretting their kids or not regretting them. It means nothing.
>>
>>70253004
You realize in the OP that is a direct quote from the character?
>>
>>70252867
Not as a whole no, an individual however can do whatever he/she wants as long as they can withstand the peer pressure I believe.
Hey though, I'm 21 so I guess I'll see.
>>
>>70253070
>she helped me grow up so much and that helps me appreciate her even more

so you were too poor for therapy and opted for the cheaper option: having a kid.

people are weird.
>>
All the "I never want to have kids" fags I just assume are younger than 22 and their brains haven't fully developed.
>>
File: dp.jpg (37 KB, 480x334) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
37 KB, 480x334
>>70253054
yeah and now his daughters captain of the varsity slut team
>>
>>70252839
how you suppose to ascend if your intlighted self and therfore genes, arnt spread smart-guy?
>>
>>70251019
LMAO kill ure self wortless nigger
>>
>>70253132
Not at all. Still got therapy. Christ, why are you guys so cynical.
>>
>>70253004
How was it ruined? For everything that went down he looked pretty happy when they came to visit him.
>>
>>70250845
How's that alimony cuck?
>>
>>70253132
What's the point of comments like these? Do you think you're smart and blowing him out or something?
Fucking retard.
>inb4 autistically responds back to me trying to 'win'
>>
>>70252899
about to get into my 30's in a year. I'm feeling like I should have kids now but have broken up with my last few girlfriends.

Went to a friends get together last week to all couples and kids. Feels batman.
Society puts the pressure on people to have families.
>>
Its frustrating, because I assumed as a teenager if you acted like a nice guy, talked to women in a unconditional way, that you would naturally find a good partner. But all through my 20s women were not interested. I m not overweight, i have alright looks. Everyone around my age getting married and having kids, and people look at me single and go "What's your problem?"

What's my problem? I don't have a problem. Don't make me out to be some weirdo loser who is still single when I'm normal and always treated women fine. Why should I be made to feel like the defective one for that???
>>
>>70253212
>society
It's not like in a different country in a different time being a kidless single guy in adulthood is looked favorably upon.
>>
>>70253243

You have a victim complex, and other people can smell it, especially women.

You need to be confident and not give a fuck.

You reek of desperation.
>>
>>70252721
I meant that the infant is alone in himself, from it's point of view. Obviously there are people near him in the room, but from the viewpoint of the infant it doesn't even have consciousness.
>>
>>70253180
I can't understand what you're typing drunk-guy.
>>
File: 2632848-licker1.png (150 KB, 471x249) Image search: [Google]
2632848-licker1.png
150 KB, 471x249
>>70253070
I am pretty sure the consensus is that raising kids and maintaining a family is hard, thankless work. The hell with regret, that fact should make any sane person avoid it like the fucking plague man.

>How many married/Dads are really going to admit if they regret their marriage/children even if they really do?

lol

>>70253146
I'm 30. I bought a dog instead, it's a better investment.

>>70253180
>implying this gay earth isn't getting worse over time
>sparing your descendants from having to deal with that faggotry

>>70253191
Behind every cynic is a disappointed idealist.

>>70253243
Supreme Gentleman. I can smell the self-confidence issues through the internet. That basically makes pussies slam shut, just an fyi dude. Stop doing that or you will never get a female.

>>70253270
Again, who cares what other people think. Do what makes you happy.
>>
>>70253070
I bet you enjoy your daughter.
I bet the whole neighborhood does, in the neighbors yard shed, while you think shes busy in school lol. Knicker round her ankles, bent over the stack of dirty flowerpots, getting quite literally "doggied" in frot of all the boys on your street for their pocket money to buy sweets with later on.
>>
>>70251552

Has no family

He did have a wife and daughter, it's not by choice he's single
>>
File: chadgivesdatingtips.jpg (118 KB, 700x695) Image search: [Google]
chadgivesdatingtips.jpg
118 KB, 700x695
>everyone hates you if you're not Chad no matter what age you are
>get rejected and ignored
>dude start a family lmao

Fucking normies I swear
>>
File: 91838183109.jpg (65 KB, 788x1000) Image search: [Google]
91838183109.jpg
65 KB, 788x1000
>This entire thread

I sure hope you are a bunch of Bernvictims or Shillary supporters.

White people need to make more children.
>>
>>70252116
contentment as a permanent state isn't achievable too. your brain is too dynamic to stay one way for too long. stay angry, afraid, or happy too long you'll start being apathetic. desensitization is inherent in everything you feel, because dopamine receptors get destroyed a little bit every time you get emotional and it takes time to regenerate. for this reason there's no pleasure in this world that isn't addictive.
>>
>>70253347
Well shit, if all I gatta do is buy em candy i could get behind that 'wink wink' usually they want houses cars and rings...
>>
File: autist_martini.jpg (70 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
autist_martini.jpg
70 KB, 640x852
>I don't want to pass my genes on because I'd rather be a manchild all the time
>I'd have to buy stuff for my child instead of buying the latest vidya
>>
>Internet Psychologist: The Thread
>>
>>70253347
lmao totally right.
>>
>>70253281
>You have a victim complex, and other people can smell it, especially women.

Stop acting like every woman in the world wants an alpha Chad. I don't have a victim complex because I never dump my frustration on women. If I was to be one of those guys that goes on a date and just complains to a woman all night "No one understands me waaahhh" I could see your point, but I am not that stereotype.
>>
File: 1458247157054.jpg (194 KB, 654x862) Image search: [Google]
1458247157054.jpg
194 KB, 654x862
>>70250845
He's not wrong.

I just hope one day I will earn enough to build myself a house in the middle of nowhere and live there alone for the rest of my days.
>>
>>70253204
>What's the point of comments like these?

wow calm the fuck down. i commented on that cliche anon threw to the wind "muh kidz helped me grow". so the guy was a jackass piece of shit before the kid and the kid put pressure on him to become more or less a decent human being.

how about being decent for a start, without using kids as therapy or some sort of ordeal? yeah thats very tough it seems.
>>
>>70252839
Instinct, by definition, is hard to break.
>>
>>70253330
You sound like a loser, not gonna lie.

Although I'm sure the no children part for you doesn't come from a choice from you, instead women probably don't want to settle with you
>>
>>70253366

>shower minorities with welfare for having children
>punish whites with higher taxes to support this
>be confused why whites can't afford children

Obama pls
>>
>>70253421
>Stop acting like every woman in the world wants an alpha Chad

Everyone wants somebody confident. That has nothing to do with being a Chad, just being confident.

Again, you have a victim complex.
>>
File: aA1j9QR_700b_v1.jpg (185 KB, 700x1019) Image search: [Google]
aA1j9QR_700b_v1.jpg
185 KB, 700x1019
>>70253399
Yeah pretty much, do you not see my point?

>>70253421
That is verbal pussy repellent right there.

>>70253430
pwned!

so much this

>>70253446
So are hymens, but you know.
>>
>>70253366
>White people need to make more children.
With who? White women aren't loyal
>>
>>70253366
We aren't even discussing politics yet you somehow snaked you're way in here. Please fuck off back to your safe space.
>>
>>70253474
>With who? White women aren't loyal

With who? W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ women aren't loyal

>*fixed*
>>
File: image_44.jpg (84 KB, 960x786) Image search: [Google]
image_44.jpg
84 KB, 960x786
>this thread

>>70253430
Nahh, you came across as a faggot.
And you are one.

>>70253474
Bitter faggot that's watched too much porn
>>
>>70253146
>their brains haven't fully developed.
The irony in that statement id precious. If anyones brains "havent fully developed" it's those who only maje it as dar as obeying their base animal instincts to eat, sleep, and reproduce, snd think its some amazing feat. Wow, congratulations. What an achievement. You bred. Ants and snails do it.

Meanwhile, the most intelligent individuals in every society on earth are famously, choosing not having kids, giving rise to fears the entire species is dumbing itself down to death by only the dumbest, least developed people outbreeding everyone like fucking rats without any goddamn sense.
>>
>>70251557
https://youtu.be/yJVpJ588ASc?t=8m11s
>>
File: 1446143051504.jpg (38 KB, 575x960) Image search: [Google]
1446143051504.jpg
38 KB, 575x960
>>70253399
>muh genes
>muh children
>muh legacy
Bit selfish imo.
I don't enjoy living very much, why would my offspring do?
>>
>>70253554
Ok bud, don't have kids I don't care. You sound like a fucking angry loser anyways lmao
>>
>>70253551
>Nahh, you came across as a faggot.
>And you are one.

quality rebuttal my friend.
>>
>>70250845
Can confirm, am a living failure.
>>
>>70253465
>Everyone wants somebody confident.

Yes, but I think someone who forces themselves to be confident 24/7 without showing weakness or self-doubt is bad. And fake.

Being in a relationship with someone fake is bad.
>>
>>70253554
The sad truth is this.

fuck this gay earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

It was supposed to be satire, but it looks like it was a prediction...
>>
>>70253605
>angrily shitpost to one guy like a sperg
>get called out
>keep insulting the guy as if your neet ass is better than a family man

Quality posting friend
>>
>>70253195

He hasn't realized his role of becoming a bullshit Sunday dad ahead of him
>>
>>70253594
>He proves you wrong
>you back peddle and resort to name calling

pathetic
>>
>>70253446
If there's a species on the planet with the potential to do so it's us. Hell, suicide is pretty much going against the strongest instinct there is and people do it all the time.
>>
>>70253609
You entire existence doesn't come down to whether or not you have a family. There's more to it than that.
>>
>>70253191

Why are you spoilering your posts?
>>
If you're a manlet you shouldn't have kids
>>
>>70253610
>Yes, but I think someone who forces themselves to be confident 24/7 without showing weakness or self-doubt is bad. And fake.

You can't completely be yourself out of the gate. You have to show reserve and confidence; that isn't being fake, it's just the nature of socializing with other human beings. You don't let your walls down with people you barely know, and you don't expect the same. You take small, measured steps, showing each other a little bit at a time and going forward from there.

Honestly, you just sound genuinely autistic more than anything.
>>
>>70253515
Dumbass, you give a sweet black girl love and affection and some fuckin respect, and not 24/7 of tyrone and yeezy, smokin crack and knockin over up liquor stores, and that girls the most loyal girl in the world.
>>
>>70253681
The type of instinct I'm talking about is for example pulling your hand away from a pan when it's burning your hand.
>>
>>70253180

Having children isn't ascension, it's the easiest fucking thing to do
>>
>>70253651
He's a mad namefag on 4chans /tv/ board trying to defend why no woman wants to settle down with him

Pathetic
>>
>>70250845
I completely agree.
>>
>>70251019
the only difference between a hero and a dreamer is that one succeeded and the other didn't.

it's a fine line friends.
>>
>>70253594
lol

Well played, dumbass
>>
>>70253649
Better than being alone jerking of to murder manuals every Sunday imo.

inb4 "not mine"
>>
File: CPPfJ5lUEAE72AH.png (313 KB, 600x661) Image search: [Google]
CPPfJ5lUEAE72AH.png
313 KB, 600x661
>be 34 year old KHV
>divorced family constantly moving
>kicked out of house at 18
>spend a few years homeless and unemployed
>decide to stop sucking
>eventually stop being a fuckup and make 50k a year
>own place
>car paid off
>ignored by women my whole life

If people think I'm scared of dying alone I just laugh. I've known nothing else.
>>
The Jews have really done a number on you guys.

Not that I care, keep doing you I guess even if that means dying with no children lmao
>>
>>70253729
Yeah I know suicide is a moment, not having kids is a lifetime. It's still a good example of the possibility.
>>
>>70253645
>family man

prisons are full of "family men". it means fucking nothing to have kids.
>>
>>70253756
Namefagging is random, retard.
also, already stated he broke it off when kids came up. work on that reading comp grade 9s.
>>
>>70253715
I guess that could be the case. But I always wondered... and now you can tell me, what does nigger dick taste like?

>>70253729
Or clutching your purse when a black man enters the elevator.

>>70253743
yeap

>>70253756
>single
>have money
>no kids
>no attachments

yeaahhhh I could be a fucking gargoyle and women would go for me.

You can't strawman your way out of it dribble lip. Try again.

>>70253795
>murder manuals

This sounds like something i could fap to, go on??

>>70253853
well, except the indentured servitude.
>>
>>70253794
Nothing to play. You want to be a kidless loser go ahead lad lmao, I can't convince a girl to want to be with you.

>>70253853
Literally what? That's like the worst post I've read all day
>>
>>70253835
Point is, It's not a competition between the races like you perceive it. Justify yourself anyway you like, deep down you're having kids for personal gratification and nothing more.
>>
>>70253243
You also stink of fear and that cheap lotion.
>>
File: image_21.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image_21.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>no woman wants to settle down with you
>say you don't want them anyways
>>
>Everybody tries desperately to justify their life choices, the thread
>>
>>70250845
yeaaah, I'm not gonna rob the cradle or become an instadad just because you think it's wierd I'm still single
>>
>>70253451

Boy you really need your blunder of a life choice to be validated, don't you? Happy family men wouldn't be spurred into talking shit like this
>>
>>70253880
Same as any of the other dicks you're familiar with suckin.
Sucked one dick, sucked em all.
>>
>>70253931

I'm in that situation but I'm under no illusions about it. But it's supreme assholery when someone tries to guilt you about "not starting a family."

It's like going to a cancer ward and telling the patients, "All you guys have to do is have less cancer! Look at me, I did it! Why can't you?"
>>
>>70253976
I'm 24 single with no children I'm just not a pathetic enough turd to say "I never want kids" because women don't want to be with you
>>
>>70253285
if it doesn't have a consciousness it doesn't have a point of view that it can perceive

by definition
>>
>>70253428

That one documentary of a guy just building a house in Alaska gave me that exact idea. It's a nice endgame to have if I never come with the balls to an hero
>>
>>70253886
You want to be a kidless loser go ahead lad lmao, I can't convince a girl to want to be with you.

>implying everyone that doesn't have children is a loser
>implying having children is a measure of success
>implying literally anyone cannot find someone to fuck
>no really go on tinder and see some of the walmart specials
>being this adamantly ignorant to justify the shitty situation you placed yourself in and can't escape.

There are bad decisions you can't justify, lucky for you you can use your dadcard.

>>70253931
You realize how stupid women are do you not? The only reason the vast majority of men aren't with a woman is because they don't want to be.

>>70254017
See that's the problem, I am not familiar with sucking any dicks. That is why I asked a professional.

>>70254053
LOL well you don't SAY IT to them derrr
>>
>>70253886
You're either illiterate or retarded. I'm not sure which is worse. But by all means, please, reproduce, as many copies of your inept ass as possible. The world desperately needs more illiterate retards. Bonus babies if you're a christian.
>>
>>70254062
Looking at the infant in itself, not the infants point of view but the point of view of the infant, you're arguing semantics at this point.
>>
>>70253605

this.

typical dad response tobeing called out
>>
>>70250845
>can be bad thing
>can be
>not is
>>
>>70254095
Try reading the thread, dillweed.
>>
>>70254095
What's with the namefag? Do you think we care who you are?
>>
>caring about other humans
>getting lonely
>needing companion ship
>giving a fuck about a single other person on this planet
What a bunch of dumb, retarded normies you all are. What happens if your friends or wife gets hit by a bus and dies? You're fucked. No point in even bothering.
>>
>>70252072
The point is your birth only happens to you, and your death only happens to you.

I could die of a massive pulmonary embolism while balls deep inside Faye Reagan, but when my ticker gives out she isn't dying with me. I die alone.
>>
A lot of this thread reminds me of that Horace & Pete episode where he's complaining to Pete about his fractured relationship with his daughter, Pete offers geuinely good advice which Horace finds inconvenient so he responds with "Well if you don't have kids, you just don't understand"
>>
>>70253689
I found out how to do it shorthand and it amuses me.
>>
>>70251670
And most of murrica, where we cant even take care of the people we already do have, & dont need to make more mouths to feed.
>>
>>70254096
Holy manchild
>>
>>70254164

It's uncomfortable to have people poke holes in the mental walls we've built inside our heads.
>>
>>70250845
Mow every motherfucker lawn.
>>
>>70254164
I've had that actual conversation that way with my best friend, and my name is actually Pete. His name is fucking dumb shit though, not Horace.
>>
>trying to make up excuses as to why no woman wants to be with you

top kek

>w-why would I bother lifting weights? Gym memberships cost money and it's not like I'll have them when I die
>>
>>70250845
I'm going to be alone forever and that's okay. I had my fun
>>
File: 1447375692413.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1447375692413.png
75 KB, 348x301
>24 year old KHV
>parents motherfucking still expect me to give them grandchildren
Really wish they'd just clue in by now. Maybe when i hit my thirties.
>>
>>70254104
im arguing semantics against your extremely semanticist analogy

based solely on your logic, what you said does not make sense

also

>not the infants point of view but the point of view of the infant

those are literally (and I mean literally, grammatically speaking, they are literally) the exact same thing
>>
>>70254254

Go tend your kids, dada. You don't need to relate to this
>>
>>70252572
>You have to appreciate that your entire purpose in nature is as a vehicle to replicate your DNA.
This meme again. Nothing has a purpose in and of itself, yet /pol/ eats this lie right up because it falls in line with their notions of duty.
>>
>>70254289
I'm childless, I'm just calling you fucking losers out for what it is lmao
>>
>>70254129
10/10

>>70254146
You cared enough to comment...

>>70254164
I don't have polio, but I don't have to to know it is a bad idea.

>>70254184
Again, you attack him not his point. You consistently do this because you have no argument. Perhaps there is a correlation with the inability to understand logical fallacies, and willingness to reproduce.

>>70254224
Then you shouldn't build the walls out of tissue paper.

>>70254254
>straw man saves the day once again.

>>70254263
this

>>70254280
>how's school hunny
>have you met a nice girl
>where is [enter ex gf name]
>blah blah blah

I just flat out say, yeah no i am done with that shit.

>>70254288
You're both faggots, it's settled.

>>70254289
lol

>>70254313
Ball-less*
>>
>>70250981
I'd like to think that but honestly, just in my case, I think everything I was ever taught to believe in could have never ever applied to me. I'm not a person like my parents, or my friends, it's not my folks fault they could never have known.
But I don't believe in very much anymore. I'm thankful for the people who love me and who still stick by me, but I'm kind of done right now. I don't feel a change coming on.
>>
>>70253931
Is it any wonder a lonely young man develops delusions of superiority when lonely young men are practically the only group in western society you can openly ridicule
>>
>>70254184
>Underage b7
>>
>>70254301
Ummm.... yeah, that's the entire point of existence is to propigate the species..

You can't deny this.
>>
>>70254254
>/fit/
>insecurity
You may pick no less than two of the options above.
spoiler]With that said I need to get back to lifting it's been quite a while.[/spoiler]
>>
>>70252371

Dude that battle hammer though
>>
>>70253104
Not if you are from the US. People in the US have some of the lowest social mobility. Meaning, if you are born poor, you stay poor. If you are born rich, you stay rich.
>>
>>70254301
In a strictly utilitarian sense everything can be described as purposeful or serving no purpose, eat shit faggot.
>>
>>70254335
Take the fucking namefag off you loser.
>>
>>70254347
Things have no purpose or meaning in and of themselves. Here I just denied your retardation.
>>
I'm never having kids because I'm ugly, worthless and beta. Also my dad killed himself(he was bipolar) so raising a kid is like raising a ticking time bomb in my eyes. I won't damn anybody to that fate.
>>
>>70254347
There isn't purpose. Purpose is a meaningless word. Function is a much better word, and it lacks the irrational connotation of "purpose".
>>
>>70254392
>nihilist
>calls someone retarded

Yeah dude, that is the point. It's our biological point. You denying this is pathetic.
>>
>>70254380
That's one of the dumbest things I've read today.
>>
>>70254347

You presuppose existance has a purpose and I argue that it does not.

Biological organisms have an imperative to reproduce but it is not a purpose.

The universe is without purpose.
>>
>>70254436
>doesn't know what nihilism is
>calls someone nihilist
wew lad.
There is no such thing as "biological point" You literally can't define this.
>>
>>70250845
Probably by crying. Thanks a lot, asshole.
>tfw no gf.
>>
>>70254427
lol purpose is perfectly meaningful. Function implies the conscious employment of a design, whereas natural phenomena can be described in terms of the purpose it serves relative to other phenomena, willed or otherwise.
>>
>>70254427
Hahaha no, your entire existence is just to have children. To keep the species going.
That's it man.

Don't try to say some spiritual nonsense outweighs straight up biological reasoning.
>>
>>70254427
>you don't have free will

Shiggydiggy
>>
File: 1439907452569.jpg (29 KB, 965x544) Image search: [Google]
1439907452569.jpg
29 KB, 965x544
>I'm literally about to turn 29
>Still a virgin
Have you ever wished you suffered from a raise disease that kills you instantly?
>>
>>70254476

>Function implies the conscious employment of a design

stopped read RIGHT fucking there you whackjob.
>>
>>70254480
People can dedicate their lives to all sorts of things anon, don't be so closeminded.
>>
>>70250845
Just be truthful, explain you're a paedophile, and you're just being responsible, avoiding disaster by not having children.
>>
>>70254514
How does that even happen? Are you literally retarded?
>>
File: 56f.jpg (27 KB, 380x374) Image search: [Google]
56f.jpg
27 KB, 380x374
>all these bitter manchildren ITT
>>
>>70254476
>Function implies the conscious employment of a design
If anything it's the other way around.

>>70254521
That said using function to avoid having to use the word purpose is retarded semantics. If you think things have a function in and of themselves you're no different.
>>
>>70254347
I can deny that it is the point of my existence. Because it's not.

>>70254369
Lifting dicks into your mouth.

>>70254388
Ohh noooo don't call me names on 4chan. I think I will keep it, although it seems a more suited name for you come to think of it... hehe

>>70254436
Yeah I mean, of course that is what nature intends. It doesn't mean that you 'have to' do it. I decide my purpose not the chemicals in my brain that compel me to breed Morty.

>>70254464
I really hate the word lad, and I am not sure why.

>>70254480
It is true for the majority, but what about the percentage that knowingly chooses not to participate? How can you say that it is a definitive purpose on an individual basis when it is not. Sure as a whole that seems to be the purpose, but what about the minority where it is not.

>>70254542
For instance I argue with asperger laden-ed teenagers on the internet about things I don't care about for fun.

>>70254550
Best straw man so far 13/10
>>
>>70254521
>functional and non-functional
>purposeful and purposeless

Which one more presumes a proscribed structure?

I love how mild semantics looks crazy to a retard lmao.
>>
>>70254476
oh fuck, another one of these idiots

Of course you'd find a fucking home for your bad ideass on here.
>>
File: 1439898602738.jpg (38 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1439898602738.jpg
38 KB, 512x384
>>70254557
I'm ugly I guess.
>>
>>70254542
Yes they can but mastering the cello is not a biological imperative.

This isn't a debate. Our existence is to have kids. It ends there.

>>70254583
Why namefag? 4chan doesn't care who you are sperg
>>
File: giphy.gif (901 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
901 KB, 500x281
>>70254560
ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"vicious ad hominem attacks"
relating to or associated with a particular person.
"the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"
>>
>>70254597
wat

Who do you think I am? This is literally a semantic conversation.
>>
>>70250845
Marty = neurotypical, normative, redditesque

God-shooter = intelligent, nihilistic, wicked sense of humour (literally 4chan)
>>
>>70254583
>Yeah I mean, of course that is what nature intends.
Did nature tell you what it intends? Do you have some method by which you determine nature's will?
>>
File: 9T1kgIr.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
9T1kgIr.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>28
>PTSD
>Got a genetic disorder that will kill me when im 40 probably
>Dont want to pass on my genes

JUST

Gonna be the weird uncle who everyone feels sorry for
>>
>>70254640
>Fucks girls left and right.
>4chan
>>
>>70254638
Everything about your post screams reddit.
>>
>>70254608
>Our existence is to have kids. It ends there.
Are you seriously 100% certain of that because if so that's utterly retarded.
>>
>>70254576

Things function in the sense that they work and produce an effect that in turn produces an effect. Reproduction is a function of biological life.

Purpose is stating that this happens for a predetermined reason with an effect in mind. Reproduction didn't originate as a plan.
>>
>>70254608
>This isn't a debate.
Yeah because you have no argument. You can use the phrase biological imperative to avoid the word purpose if you want, but you're still talking out of your ass. You have no way at all to back up the claim that the purpose of humans is to have kids other than because human bodies can do it, and that humans want to do it.
>>
>>70251463
>I'm getting and education
>and education
>and

Not a very good one apparently.
>>
>>70254608
As stated prior in this very thread which clearly you cannot be fucking bovvered to take the fucking time to read, namefagging is random.

I didnt read the rest of your shit post, because I assumed the feeling would be mutual, and then the the quality of that much of it confirmed this.

Youre shit m8.
Consider thinking before saying things next time.
>>
File: ad_hominem_by_jrigh-d39msf2.jpg (147 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ad_hominem_by_jrigh-d39msf2.jpg
147 KB, 1024x768
>>70254608
>Why namefag? 4chan doesn't care who you are sperg

but apparently you do.

>>70254643
Yeah, you look at what every organism that ever existed does. Now unclog your head from your asshole and read a book.

>>70254673
I R8 8/8 best shitpost so far
>>
>>70254673
FINE tell me to go back then.
>>
>>70254608
>This isn't a debate. Our existence is to have kids. It ends there.
But it is a debate that's what this entire thread is all about, as you can see many people don't share your conviction or your views.
>>
>>70254638
>Bitter manchild namefag likes Reddit and Moreddity
>>
>>70251705
>walk hand in hand into extinction
>>
can you losers go back to /r9k/
>>
File: 1463763225013.jpg (1000 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
1463763225013.jpg
1000 KB, 2560x1707
>2016
>Still thinking your life has a purpose

Just be yourself :^) have a family n shit
>>
>>70254587

Purpose, obviously.
>>
>>70254706
>namefagging is random
But this sperg types it in with every post he makes
>>
>>70254708
>Yeah, you look at what every organism that ever existed does.
Every organism also dies and decays, does this mean death is the purpose of all living things?

>because it can do it, it's purpose is to do it
This simple non sequitur is as easy to see as it is popular, it boggles my fucking mind.
>>
>>70254690
Purpose just adds an abstracted layer to the utility of a behavior. Sexual intercourse can serve many purposes, both social and biological, but its literal function can vary and does not necessarily describe any of those purposes.

I would consider a discussion of the purpose of something just a more abstracted version of trying to connect literal function as observed in one condition to literal function as observed in others, and then further extrapolating the relationship between conditions and changing function.
>>
>>70250845
Spend even an hour on /b.
Realize the true nature of human beings is pure shit.
Realize its more ethical to not make more of that spreading like the fucking plague, and take your genes with you when you go.
>>
I could smell angry manchild stench all they way from /sp/.

Could you bitter losers keep it down?
>>
>>70254690
People can choose to reproduce or not.

This doesn't mean that the capacity to reproduce no longer exists. Or on the hand that having a the capacity to reproduce means people cannot plan
>>
>>70254815
>just watching my bull play a sport and living vicariously through him dont mind me guys -Alpha
>>
>>70254583
Thats not how the strawman fallacy works anon.
>>
>>70254804
Ok, good luck!
>>
>>70254690
Cause and effect is not an inherent property of the objects that take part in whatever function you want to take as an example. A heart can be used to pump blood, or it can be used as food or fuel or it can be made into art. None of those things are it's purpose, nor it's function.
>>
>>70252133
Oh believe me, once you have two or three kids, it gets really easy to convince the misses to make her backdoor open for business.
>>
>>70254774
It was on two of my posts already too.
>>
>>70254672
He slept with someone's wife, who else did he fuck?
>>
>>70254887
None of my posts have had it... hmm nor have ever had it.
>>
>>70251019
>tfw I feel the same
I don't even give a shit if there's a restart, I just want to end it.
>>
File: Dancing_Zombie.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Dancing_Zombie.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>70254720
It's a funny show.

>>70254729
no u

>>70254736
Zelda: whatcha doing?
Robin WIlliams: You know about to be hanging out
Zelda: what?

>>70254774
No I don't, but now I would because of how angry it is making you. Once you type it the first time it stays.

>>70254776
I think that logical conclusion is that no one knows for sure one way or another. The mystery of life is a highly debated topic, but no one really gives it a verifiable explanation.

>>70254815
So go back there.

>>70254847
ou misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.

...no you are just a fucking moron.

>>70254864
What with the domestic violence and all.

Or is because her pussy looks like someone kicked an old pumpkin with steel toed boots?
>>
>>70254788

I agree on a micro scale, in that sex is one form of reproduction and that sex isn't always use FOR reproduction but sex also isn't the only form of reproduction and it isn't even the most efficient one.

Either way, we're not talking about the means of reproduction (sex, sex drive, etc) but the act of reproduction itself. The anon is arguing that REPRODUCTION, not sex, is the purpose of human life.

I think it's batshit because reproduction is just a function of the organism in much the same way digestion and respiration are. There is no INTENT in the aparatus of reproduction and on a macro scale, there is no purpose.
>>
>>70254859
Good luck what?

Taking my genes with me into the ground when I go?

Pretty sure it doesnt require a lot of luck.
I could literally just sit in one spot and wait, and thats what'll happen.
>>
>>70250845
>How do you respond?

Yeah because family life worked so well for you.
>>
>>70254929
>I think that logical conclusion is that no one knows for sure one way or another. The mystery of life is a highly debated topic, but no one really gives it a verifiable explanation.
That's a long way of admitting I got you.
>>
Having a family is literally a death sentence for all your hopes and dreams.

I laugh at people that become fathers at 25 or some ridiculous age like that. I see them as nothing more than cowards who were too scared of failure to pursuethe life they WANT to live, and instead chose to live the life they're TOLD to live. They just hatch a little grub and 15 years later they can project their failings and aspirations onto it and make its life as miserable and full of resentment as their own.

"Well, I wanted to be a musician/astronaut/doctor/actor/business owner but we had a child and I had to take the first job I could find! Provide for the family and all, that's what a real man does you know?"

Pathetic.
>>
>>70252371
>be 42 year old NEET
>accidentally knock over a 4 year old piss bottle
>all the pent up gas explodes
>you just discovered the trick to cold fusion
>become one of the most influential people of the century
>>
>>70254947
Yeah, good luck with that. Adios bro
>>
>>70254863

There is no purpose. A heart can work as a pump or as food energy. It functions that way but purpose implies intent and the heart was not created with a purpose, it occurred naturally through selection.
>>
>>70254929
No, you fucking 7th grader.
That was not a strawman. Go read it again until you can identify the difference, before ever calling out any fallacy your finely honed overactive fallacy detector detects ever again.

Jesus ffffffuck.
>>
>>70254997
t. NEET
>>
>>70254997
what makes you think everyone has aspirations?

what makes you think people dont aspire to be part of the collective? their friends and family have kids, so they have kids to stay in the gang
>>
Jesus, the bitterness in this thread.

Don't want to have kids go right ahead you losers.
>>
>>70254947
There is a retarded Bro in this thread.
He can't read much, can't comprehend hardly any of what he can read, cant follow the conversation, and responds to everything with dismissives and ad-homs.

He is why the world feels justified in beating white men the fuck down.
>>
File: 666.png (2 MB, 1885x1015) Image search: [Google]
666.png
2 MB, 1885x1015
>>70254986
hmm Ok, can't win em all I guess.

>>70254997
This

>>70255002
A man can dream right.

>>70255034
You said that he didn't want kids because he was afraid he would be a pedophile. No one had said anything prior to that about pedophilia. You fabricated an argument from his standpoint that didn't exist.

>You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.

i.e. all the legitimate reasons we have been giving to not breed, opposed to the one you fabricated.

I'd say that fits the definition.
>>
>>70254929
>What with the domestic violence and all.
>Or is because her pussy looks like someone kicked an old pumpkin with steel toed boots?

The fuck are you talking about?
When you have a bunch of ankle biters the prospect of more ankle biters makes a woman consider if it's not better to let her man blow his load safely in her ass.
You do know you can't get pregnant by buttseks, don't you?
>>
>>70254947

If it's any consolation, even those who have kids will have their genetic contribution pared down to next to nothing in a few short generations.
>>
>>70255103

>feminism tells women that being a wife is sexist oppression
>women become sluts that pop out children with different fathers
>someone gotta pay for mai chilluns
>call men who don't want to pay for said chilluns bitter losers

I think you need to reframe your sexist worldview.
>>
>>70255113
What a strange post you made.
>>
>>70255021
We have roughly the same position but it seems to me you still think that there is such a thing as inherent, objective, "function" which is not very different from saying every person's purpose is to have children. Why is being eaten or processed into glue or being studied by medical students any less "the function" of hearts than pumping blood?
>>
>>70250981
>I think a family is what can make a man happy

My parents were a lot happier after all the kids grew up and left home
>>
>>70255103
>Crab bucket.gif

LOL GUYS ITS AWESOME HAVING TO FUCK A 40 YEAR OLD WOMAN

LOVE COMING HOME TO A HOME FILLED WITH NOISE

LOVE HOW I HAVE NO FREE TIME MMM SOLITUDE SUCKS
>>
>>70254997
Some people want a family and that's it. I'm a virgin at 20 and I've never had a girlfriend and I think all I want in the world is to have a nice job, a nice wife, and some kids that I can do things with.

How the fuck do I start talking to girls or asking them out lads? There's plenty of girls at my work, but idk how to approach them without being a fucking creep. I'm ugly on top of that so I feel hopeless. Pls help anons
>>
File: 2vg9Wcl.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2vg9Wcl.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>this thread
>>
>>70255150
>what is contraception
>>
>U gotta pass ur genes on bro!

But the sun is going to explode no matter what you do though

>We gotta travel to other universes n shit!

So we should be focusing on that instead of overpopulation

>Nah my kids gotta be on the space shuttle or ill be sad bro!

There isn't going to be a space shuttle for 10billion people
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>70255222
>that guy has a qt gf to take his picture like that
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70255222

t. married cuck who lives in fear of the day his wife decides she doesn't want to hide her cockriding from him and takes him for every miserable penny he's worth

good luck with your future suicide
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.