[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is this criminally underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: FWWM_US_poster.jpg (184 KB, 320x464) Image search: [Google]
FWWM_US_poster.jpg
184 KB, 320x464
Is it just me or is this criminally underrated?
>>
>>70249055
It was savaged by critics (and most fans) upon initial release but it has a very strong reputation today.
So, kind of, I guess?
>>
its great

can't wait until the new season comes out and all rebbitors call fire walk with me a masterpiece
>>
>>70249055
I think part of it was how much critics and the public had turned against the Twin Peaks franchise by the time it came out. And any remaining fans were confronted with a pretty dramatic change in tone.
>>
>>70249055
i watched the entire series last year and the film after, sure is not as charming as the series but is a really good heavy drama, for me it closes the Laura story in a great way with the redemption and the angel and Cooper helping her to move on to the next live is just beautiful.
Also if you watch the missing pieces the experience is even more complete
>>
>>70249055
It's by far waay darker than the show. For sure. The beginning town is a grotesque parody of Twin peaks. The David Bowie cameo was interesting. Cooper's love interest appearing like that was also interesting. This strangely is both a prequel and a sequel to the show and in respect it works as both.
>>
>>70249055
Very much so. Getting lost in Laura's psyche was extremely powerful.

The only thing that I really dislike is the fact they couldn't have the original sets back for most of the stuff, it's quite jarring if you're coming straight off of the series.

And personally I would have liked to see more of the townspeople, but I cannot deny that cutting it down to the essential Laura story was definately the best course of action for the main theatrical cut. I like the fanedit though.
>>
>>70249055
People expected for it to show more of the comfy side of TP, but Lynch went all out on the dark stuff.
Also it's pretty much necessary to have watched the show to be able to know what the fuck is going on, so there's that.

Other than that it's pretty good senpai.
>>
It's one of the most uncomfortable films I've ever watched, I felt totally filthy afterwards. Powerful though
>>
The only movie that's ever made it hard for me to fall asleep the night after watching it. Disturbing movie, but very very good.
>>
>>70249055
It's not just you. I thought the movie was just brilliant. As others have said it's a very powerful movie and there are a lot of moments that stick with you. One section of the movie in particular to me has always stood out. The Log Lady's speech into "Questions in a World of Blue" into the whole Pink Room thing. That right there to me was really the destruction of Laura Palmer, the first time you truly see how low that spiral and descent in the days before her death went.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.