[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched the first episode: Pros: >the changes to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg (230 KB, 1733x1102) Image search: [Google]
tg_-line-up_maincloser_af1.jpg
230 KB, 1733x1102
I just watched the first episode:

Pros:
>the changes to the track for the stars was actually nice
>production quality of the films is still unparalleled

Cons:
>Chris Fucking Evans
>the dialogue felt forced, they even talk exactly like the three previous hosts
>that forced UK vs US rivalry

This show could be decent if they'd replace Evans
>>
pros:
>none
>cons:
>chris evans
>boring
>yes i agree the dialogue was forced
>shitty edited/cut
>one of them literally is a nigger
>>
>>70208757

How is it a Uk vs US thing? Only one of them is American. Also is the german just sitting there like, we're taking over one day anyway, and you better not brexit.
>>
>>70208886
>it's a let's suck america's cock since the locals won't have any of this shit episode
>>
>>70208757

>forced diversity: the cast
>>
I dislike Clarkson but he's like a geezer down at the pub that banters with you a bit, sometimes a bit too much, but at the end of the day he's alright
The other two were merely extensions of his character to play off him.

But this new turd has a proper cunt as the main host who looks and talks like you want to sock him in the face and then you have Joey who's there for who knows what reason and some literal who black guy. The rest are irrelevant.
Even in that pic up there it looks like they photoshoped in Joey out of some stock image off google image search like the whole thing is a joke.

Well it is.
>>
>>70208757
>liking that they've changed the track to include a rally stage
>it is no longer a reasonably priced car but a modified new mini
it is stupid.
>>
you all talk like you wont be watching every single episode you know it
>>
>>70210224
We won't.
>>
>another angry white guys thread
>>
>>70210224
I genuinely dropped it when they actually decided to include Jesse Eisenberg's lap footage. I could not watch anymore
>>
Liked: Matt LeBlanc, Cinematography, New guest track. Meh: Both script and delivery from all 3 presenters. Dislikes: Chris Evans face. Chris Evans voice. Hate: Chris Evans voice coming out of Chris Evans face.
>>
File: 1464591532220.jpg (435 KB, 1733x1102) Image search: [Google]
1464591532220.jpg
435 KB, 1733x1102
not even gonna bother watching this shite
TGT when
>>
it'll take a while for them to build up chemistry and actually have a good show t b h, clarkson's top gear was pretty shit in the first season or two

though anything fronted by chris evans is probably going to remain shit
>>
>>70213742

>hating on leblanc
>>
>>70209240
How is James May an extension of his character? I agree that Hammond is very much one of Clarkson's tumors that fell off, but May is like the opposite of him.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>70213742
Where is the fat guy? You can't have a top gear offshoot without a fat guy.
>>
>>70213851
not hating, I just don't think he's much of a presenter
>>
What fucks with my head is that they literally copied American Top Gear.

Also the ginger guy was a little too happy and the dynamic of the road trip is shit if it's just two hosts. The BBC seems utterly incompetent.
>>
I think it was good.
>>
>>70210224
boring care show was boring to begin with, now the though police at the big black cocck corporation fired the only appealing thing about the show and forced unfunny libtards into it
>>
When is the new Amazon show starting?
>>
File: 20160301170313.png (96 KB, 454x301) Image search: [Google]
20160301170313.png
96 KB, 454x301
>>70213742
>reddit tier maymay
>>
File: BrickTop.jpg (110 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
BrickTop.jpg
110 KB, 1252x1252
Chris Evans really looks like Brick Top.

I liked it most when Matt Le Blanc was doing laps around that war memorial. Thanks for that bro.
>>
>>70208757
lol is that joey from friends with a JUST haircut? wtf??
>>
>>70213886
May couldn't really carry a segment himself. Too slow and fuddy-duddy. He was Clarkson's straight man and comic foil.
>>
>token black
>token woman
>token poo

Our diversity is our strength desu.
>>
Evans: trying way too hard, annoying twat
Leblanc: I like him but he's not good enough to carry it. Severely hampered by bad writing, also doesn't help that he clearly doesn't like Evans (not that I blame him)
Sabine: good at her job, just isn't funny
The content was irredeemable shite except from the usual high production values.
>>
What are the best seasons of Top Gear?
>>
it was always scripted but now it just really feels scripted.
>>
>>70214807
Leblanc seems a little slow to be honest. He's so relaxed while Evans is so enthusiastic about everything.
>>
I like Americans, but Joey simply cannot do opinions into a camera whilst driving without making it sound like he's trying to remember his lines someone else wrote for him.
>>
>>70215094
The script editor who had been there all the way through was Richard Porter.
He was one of the production team named in the BFTA nomination.
His site: http://sniffpetrol.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/richard-porter-top-gear-interview/
>>
>>70214428
>they literally copied American Top Gear.
no they didn't
>>
>>70214633
May's segments are literally always the best ones
>>
>>70215094
It felt like actual theater.
Super awkward.
>>
Cons

>Evans constantly shouting
>Evans being unfunny
>Evans being a cunt
>Shitty forced crowd cheering and clapping none stop
>>
>>70208757
>>the dialogue felt forced, they even talk exactly like the three previous hosts
Makes you wonder if it was always poorly scripted forced garbage
>>
File: Jez.jpg (7 KB, 178x283) Image search: [Google]
Jez.jpg
7 KB, 178x283
>Token black presenter

I bet Jezza is laughing his arse off
>>
>>70210224
Why would I.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.