[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm in the mood for a good documentary. Call me a faggot,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: documentary-shot.jpg (30 KB, 530x260) Image search: [Google]
documentary-shot.jpg
30 KB, 530x260
So, I'm in the mood for a good documentary. Call me a faggot, but right now, I think I wanna see something more entertaining that straight-up informative.

I have Netflix, Hulu+, and obviously can watch shit on streaming websites, I guess.

Name some good documentaries I could find on these platforms. As a film student, I'm ashamedly undereducated about good docs.
>>
Open Secret
>>
>>70202800
World War II in Colour
>>
>>70202800
I don't know about your faggy streaming services but see if they have 'Addio Africa!' The italian version is ideal.
>>
Hearts of Darkness - A Filmmakers Apocalypse
Electric Boogaloo - The Wild Untold Story Of Cannon Films
Jodorowskys Dune
>>
File: Mongolia.jpg (667 KB, 1851x2787) Image search: [Google]
Mongolia.jpg
667 KB, 1851x2787
>>70202800
I had a blast watching "Finders Keepers" with my girlfriend a few weeks back. Would highly recommend.
>>
Watch The Story of Film: An odyssey. If you are interested in film it's a good jumping off point. Maybe the narrator is a little dry so watch that when you want to learn.

Also, if you want to watch a really entertaining doc watch Vernon, Florida. It's one of the first movies from Errol Morris. It's just a little pastiche of a redneck town in Florida but the people there are bizarre. Weirder than a David Lynch character. Generally I'd watch Errol Morris because his docs are informative and entertaining. Most are on Netflix I believe.
>>
>>70202865
Not OP but that shit is so poorly made and overly long that it isn't even watchable. I don't need establishing shots over NO DIALOGUE in a documentary. All of it is likely true, but nobody needs to watch an hour and 40 fucking minutes of that shit.
>>
File: image.png (345 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
345 KB, 500x500
>>70202955
>Boogaloo
>>
Watch the Documentary Now series.
>>
>>70203353
I'd say he shouldn't watch that until he's at least a little more versed in the genre. Half of the jokes and scenarios are lifted straight from older documentaries. I don't know how funny the show would be unless he saw those older docs.
>>
Cartel Land
A thin blue line
Cosmos
Any Herzog
Any Theroux
>>
>>70202800
Zeitgeist trilogy
The Choice is Ours (2016)
>>
>>70203353
>>70203460
The Vice one was great and spoton
>>
>>70205088
>ANYONE SEEN EL CHINGON?
>HELLO? HAVE YOU SEEN EL CHINGON?
>The locals were too afraid to speak to us

>They are so poor, their dog is a chicken.

Fucking amazing episode.
>>
Harlan County USA. You won't believe the ending.
>>
I Know That Voice
Winnebago Man
Chasing Ice
Man on Wire
An Idiot Abroad
Departures
Air Disasters
When We Left Earth
Moon Machines
Ken Burns: The War
Pandora's Promise
>>
>>70205088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWVNDfDSE44
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.