[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite podcast to listen to while watching movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: HDTGM.jpg (242 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
HDTGM.jpg
242 KB, 1024x1024
What is your favorite podcast to listen to while watching movies?
>>
>>70192050

i prefer to read while i watch movies
>>
live episodes are cancer. the crowd laughs at anything so they become less funny than we're than trying to make each other laugh
>>
>>70192250
This tb.h. I usually mute the movie as well since it distracts my reading
>>
File: bb8.png (146 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
bb8.png
146 KB, 600x600
What's its mission?
>>
You Must Remember This is my latest podcast addiction.

Really good stories about the seedy history of Hollywood.
>>
>>70192050
Do RLM commentaries count?
>>
>>70192304
I like live episodes, but the first 20 or so minutes of the Can't Stop the Music episode was infuriating.
>>
I can't concentrate on my phone if I have a podcast playing during my movie.
>>
>>70192879
That's all on the insufferable Cameron Esposito

Most live episodes end up being GOAT, ie From Justin To Kelly, Demolition Man, Staying Alive...
>>
This show is literally bonkers
>>
>>70192304
Live episodes are usually pretty great. Generally the best ones are
>Hulk Hogan movies
>Slyvester Stallone-involved movies
>Nic Cage movies
The Devils Advocate one makes me piss myself every time
>>
>>70192304
Yeah why are they only doing live episodes now?
>>
>>70194133
>My secret is... I have downs.
>I'm a lawyer buuuuut... I have downs.

That and when they do their impression of Pachino passing on the script

>no.
>NO!
>NOOOOO!!!
>
>...alright, I'll do it.
>>
Comedy Bang Bang is a superior podcast in general.
>>
>>70192304
They're also way less cozy
>>
Yeah, It's that Bad RIP
>>
You got some of that devil weed brother?
>>
>>70194392
They sell thousands of dollars in tickets every live show
>>
>>70194763
TAKE A LEAK!
>>
File: 9sH99yEg[1].jpg (138 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
9sH99yEg[1].jpg
138 KB, 820x820
How Did This Get Made gets tired. I have to take breaks from it so I can go back when I'm bored and pretend it's fresh. It has Junefu so that's a definite plus.
I prefer The Flophouse. They're more consistently funny to me. I turned it off 2 minutes into an episodes the first time i tried listening, but I eventually went back to it and listened to a few episodes and am glad that I did.
>>
>>70194392
Also, live shows are lazier. Unsophisticated drunk audiences laugh at anything.
>>
>>70192050
June blasting the fuck out of manlets that last episode.
>>
>>70195478
> I turned it off 2 minutes into an episodes the first time i tried listening, but I eventually went back to it and listened to a few episodes and am glad that I did.

same thing for me. Elliott can be annoying as hell but he's so upbeat and witty that now other podcasts feel like they're missing something
>>
>>70195478
What I want out of my podcasts is diversity

If I wanted 3 white guys in my ear, I'd go to work
>>
>>70193433
"I'M GOING TO SCREAM BECAUSE I'M A FUNNY WOMYN!"
~The Genius of Cameron Esposito
>>
>>70196537
i know you're trolling but those 3 guys actually have remarkably different personalities and play off each other really well
>>
Who Sean and Hayes master race?
>>
>>70196435
Elliott might be my favorite one and he is the reason I originally stopped listening. They have the best chemistry of any bad movie podcast I've listened to.

Of the ones I've heard more than 4 episodes of:
The Flop House > How Did This Get Made? >>> dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>> we hate movies
>>
>>70193433
>>70197124
Fuck that fucking unfunny cunt forever. I'm a feminist and even I hate this piece of shit. Here's the deal, if you want to get super high minded about transgender and gay rights issues- good for you. I whole heartedly support it. Just not right in the middle of a comedy podcast about shitting on bad movies where you derail everything.

If you want to do that, be fucking funny about it. This woman calls herself a comedian, but feels as if it's not part of her job to be funny. That episode she's on is unlistenable. She doesn't even attempt to tell a joke and completely shuts down and subverts any inroads that might lead towards a joke suggested by any of the other guests.

It's like why did she think she was there that day? This isn't a political ralley. You're not on a spoken word public speaking tour. It is a c-o-m-e-d-y show. Leave your preaching and politics at the door and make us laugh.
>>
>>70192304
Still better than live episodes on every other podcast. I won't listen to anybody else's.
>>
>>70194392
When they concentrated on studio episodes, it was weeks between shows. At live shows, they do two a night and can stockpile them.
>>
>>70192810

What are the best RLM commentaries? Been meaning to listen to some.
>>
>it's a June isn't here episode
Seriously, she's the only one of the three I had never heard of or seen in anything and somehow she's always off doing something.
Sucks too because they can never find 2 good guest hosts.
>>
How did this get made only annoyed me. I was on a movie podcast kick for awhile, and listened to

Yeah it's that bad
We Hate Movies
How did this get made
Now Playing
Bob at the movies (or some shit like that)

Now I only listen to We hate Movies and Now playing. We Hate Movies is fucking hilarious (listen to the Phantom Menace and Lost World episodes), and Now Playing is solid, though a little bit boring. Yeah it's that bad is done, so can't listen to those bros anymore.
>>
File: eric watching from a distance.jpg (70 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
eric watching from a distance.jpg
70 KB, 562x530
>decide to try We Hate Movies
>turn on the Thinner episode (because I recently watched it)
>they immediately begin saying it's racist against gypsies ("romani" in their words) and sexist against women
D R O P P E D
>>
>>70197881
Took me a while to get it, but now it's probably my favourite comedy podcast.
>>
>>70192050
>It's a Jason loses his shit at one of June's crazy theories episode
I like those
>>
File: zoukbabe.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
zoukbabe.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>70202355
hdtgm shits on all of those p-casts

zouks is literally the funniest man alive
>>
>>70192304

Holy shit this, I'm so fucking tired of the live episodes. It's like Jason and June suddenly become allergic to the studio and Paul has just enough immunity to record the minis.
>>
>>70203077
absolutely bonkers
>>
>>70194392
Paul and June had a kid and needed to make more money off of them to justify doing them as often. That's what I think anyway. Not that I really mind live eps one way or the other.
>>
>>70194763
You got some of that jazz cigarette brother?
>>
>>70203077
He's the fucking worst in the live episodes. Paul's jokes tend to fall flat so he doesn't try that much and June doesn't change at all, but Zouks plays up to the crowd too fucking much.
>>
File: 600x600bb.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
desu I liked it more when they were low budget as fuck but it's still great.
>>
In the studio eps with just Paul, Jason, and June are the best I think. There's only been a few but they're always hilarious.
>>
>>70192050
I hate the rap intro song
>>
>>70203510
What are some good episodes to listen to? I've picked a few at random and its funny, sure. Is it best to watch from the start?
>>
>>70204071
Best to start at the begining of a season. Especially on S2 just because they go completely insane and start making up weird back stories and subplots for all the characters and some episodes that's basically all they talk about.
>>
>>70203312
Cuckoo bananas
>>
>>70197881
mmm yes
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.