[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Alice drops from $116m opening weekend to $28m How much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: alice-through-the-looking-glass.jpg (678 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
alice-through-the-looking-glass.jpg
678 KB, 1382x2048
>Alice drops from $116m opening weekend to $28m

How much do you think Fox execs are shitting themselves over Avatar 2?
>>
What does one have to do with the other?
>>
>>70188763
They've both sequels to huge movies that relied on the 3D fad to gain huge grosses.
>>
>>70188704
The movie cost is about $400 million right? What is the promotion budget, about $200 million?
>>
>>70190021
Alice? $180m plus marketing. They managed to cut the budget from the first one which cost $200m.

No movie is gonna cost $400m.
>>
>>70188704
Disney should be scared too since they are giving Avatar their own theme park.
>>
>>70190581
Aren't they filming three sequels back-to-back-to-back? This could be a real clusterfuck that burns all the money from the first one.
>>
I think Disney should be more scared since Pirates 5 is going to be a thing soon.
>>
>>70188704
I fail to see the connection.

>>70188814
That's stretching it. A lot.

>Washed up director making an adaptation of a children's novel for the Hot Topic preteen audience

>Acclaimed, respected director making a technically impressive CG science fiction movie for everyone.

>Theyre the same because they both were in 3D
>>
looks like Disney hot streak has ended
>>
>>70190960
I think most people saw this one coming from miles away. Finding Dory, Beauty and the Beast and BFG will probably do good business
>>
>>70191143
I wouldn't be surprised if Finding Dory underperforms expectations and "only" does <$1bn
>>
>>70190685
FOUR sequels.
>>
>>70188704
did they even advertise this? i swear i never knew this or that huntsman sequel even existed until a few days after they hit theaters.
>>
>>70190860
Since when Avatar was marketed for the Hot Topic audience anon?
>>
>>70191604
Disney have been advertising it relentlessly for weeks.
>>
>>70191143
what about new pete's dragon no one talks about it
>>
>>70191868
Haven't Disney shown literally fuck all of it? So... who knows, probably Good Dinosaur-tier
>>
>>70188704

Litarally nobody asked Disney for this shit.
>Disney makes it anyways SIX FUCKING years after the first.
>Meanwhile fans keep begging Disney for Houcs Pocus 2 and they don't give a fuck

Why do they work so hard to go against the grain.
>>
File: 1464003211606.jpg (151 KB, 833x602) Image search: [Google]
1464003211606.jpg
151 KB, 833x602
>>70188704
>ywn have a casting couch threesome with Anne Hathaway and Mia Wasikowska

I don't know what this feel is, senpai, but I know I don't want to be feeling it anymore.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.