[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xmen apocalypse discussion/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: xman apicalypso.jpg (72 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
xman apicalypso.jpg
72 KB, 530x300
Just came back from watching this fine piece of flic.

It blows the fuck out of Batman vs Superman.
Its much better than Civil War.

It has good pacing, clear and concise plot, Apocalypse is properly introduced and follows a consistent development and it actually seen as a villain more so than Doomsday or Zemo.
He has a lot more reason to be doing what he is and its logical and understandable to see this in action as it unfolds.

I really liked how they show Apoc recruiting his 4 horseman and boosting their powers.

It has one good fight scene (the end battle) with a couple of short fights and action sequences.

The Wolverine cameo was great, action packed, short and sweet.

Angel vs Nightcrawler was a good way of showing both characters and their powers.

Quicksilver scene when he goes to the mansion is amazing. Its similar to his scene in Age of future past and shows the extent of his powers. I liked how they actually show him fighting this time and you get to see a glimpse of how strong he is. (I was expecting more from him but I guess the creative team didn't want to overpower him too much).

I give it a 9.5/10.
The only reason it doesn't get a 10/10 is because they could of made the movie maybe 15-20 mins longer and it would of been better.
It could of used 1 more battle sequence squeezed in there too.
Apocalypse could of killed 1 or 2 x-men at least. (and normally he would of, since he's supposed to be the strongest mutant to exist).

and last but not least, this movie showed a crucial plus. It showed...emotion!
Something that Civil war was severely lacking and BvS tried to do with Superman's death (a scene where we're supposed to mourn the hero but in reality it doesn't provide any emotion. it failed at provoking a reaction.

A movie that makes you react is a good one, even if the reaction is sad. Xmen Apoc delivers and makes you feel for their characters on more than one occasion.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE IN THEATERS
ITS WELL WORTH IT, YOU WON"T BE DISAPPOINTED
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 2184x1152
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
>>
The ONLY thing I sort of missed was, how did Magneto's wife die?

I saw the arrow hitting the girl
I saw him taking a pendant and killing everyone
But it didn't show her death clearly.

Its a minor detail but somehow I missed it
>>
>>70186165
>DUDE 80'S LMAO
>purple haired bitch does literally nothing except 'muh lightsaber' the entire time
>cringey as fuck dialogue
>fassbender overacting (wife daughter death scene)
>gay emo hair twink nightcrawler
>magneto nearly destroys all life on earth, let's just forget about it
>storm has extremely horrible Jamaican accent
>she was trying to kill xmen and they don't care and let her off apparently
>most of the world is in ruins but its alright we have the school doesn't matter if everyone on earth is dead

>quicksilver scene was GOAT though

4/10 civil war was better. They need a better mystique, jlaw doesn't cut it for me

Also, how would a wooden arrow (I'm assuming it was wood only since they said they didnt bring metal) go through two people and kill them instantly?
>>
Batman v Superman: 9/10
X-Men Apocalypse: 8/10
Civil War: 6/10
>>
>>70186268
The arrow went through his daughter and also his wife in the chest.
>>
>>70186313
I disagree with some of the points you mentioned (like how storm turns on apoc and helps the xmen kill him, thus making her a "good" in the end)
Mystique needs to either stop being the center of attention or they need a better actrice for her.

I also noticed they didn't once show Mystique's ass or full body shot. It could of used a couple of boobs/ass/crotch shots just to make it a costume plus like in other xmen movies.
>>
File: image.png (519 KB, 375x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
519 KB, 375x600
Civil War: 9/10
Apocalypse: 8/10
BvS: 4/10
>>
>>70186572
Batman v Superman: 7/10
X-Men Apocalypse: 9.5/10
Civil War: 8/10
>>
Camrip out yet?
HD rips?
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 250x272
>>70186313
>DUDE 80'S LMAO
>>
File: 14734732999273.gif (2 MB, 245x360) Image search: [Google]
14734732999273.gif
2 MB, 245x360
>>70186572
This ranking is correct.
Good taste anon.
>>
>>70187645
>you'll never lick Cavil's ass up to the top of his dick

why live
>>
>>70186165
Fuck off, is this just one one person trying to make us believe X-Men apocalypse was better than Civil War.
>>
>>70187928
It's not but it's still good.
>>
Better than Volleyball War, yes
>>
>>70186165
>It blows the fuck out of Batman vs Superman.
Well, duh. Not too hard, but of course.

>Its much better than Civil War.
Hahaha, no fucking way.
>>
It was pretty shit. Only slightly better than X3.

I just rewatched DOFP and it blows apocalypse out of the water.
>>
>dat magnus line
>"who the fuck is this guy"
>whole theater erupted in laughter
>>
>>70186165
>Poor acting (sophie, munn especially)
>Poor characterization of villains and evil plan
>0 suspense
>Entire scenes just feel out of place or a waste (Out of place: Erik, Waste: Weapon X)
>Final Showdown was just garbage Apocolypse had no need for any horsemen and could have won if not for his mind link with charles
>Characters acting out of character (Erik being someones bitch)

It was really lousy and shows that if you want a job as an actress in a big named movie all you have to do is anal acting talent does not matter
>>
>>70186313
>fassbender overacting (wife daughter death scene)

How was he overreacting? He literally lost his whole world in a span of a second, how was he suppose to act?
>>
>>70190833
Oh also Charles romance plot was absolutely unnecessary and just a big groaning yawn

Why does anyone praise this below mediocre garbage?
>>
The whole phoenix thing was rushed and retarded. Anyone who came into the movie who has ZERO background on x-men isn't going to know about this phoenix shit, what a dumb way to beat Apocalypse without building it up.
>>
Mad what they did to Angel. He's one of the original X-Men for crying out loud.
>>
>>70191734
And now he's splattered on the windshield of that jet. Get over it
>>
>>70191244
How'd they kill em this time?
>>
>>70194292
>xavier and jean fight in psychologically
>beast, cyclops, quicksilver, mystique, nightcrawler, all try to stop him but get pushed away one by one
>storm and magneto turn against him
>storm, magneto, cyclops all send him attacks while phoenix finishing him off

he melts in the end but not before saying "all is revealed now" in a cool way
>>
I was kind of underwhelmed, really. I didn't think the build up of Apocalypse and his horsemen was that interesting. He just kind of scoops them up and increases their power. And apart from Magneto, you don't get a sense of the threat they pose. I was expecting Storm to absolutely wreck but she ended up being useless.

I felt it was very flat in a lot of places, and I wasn't feeling how high the stakes were supposed to be. However, memorable bits include Quicksilver's standout scene which was genuinely funny, along with a pretty hype moment when Magneto throws down the X in front of Apocalypse.

Otherwise, I think it was just okay. DoFP and FC were better.
>>
>>70191244
who cares about plebs like that?
>>
>>70191244
why pander to normies?
>>
>>70191244
X Men has been around for half a century. Most people know about it. Your parents probably are younger than the first X Men comic, I would be confident in saying. They at least grew up around the time they were new or just coming out. Most people who went to see the movie were X Men fans and knew about the Phoenix Force - either from the comics, wikipedia, or one of the many shows.
Next, it doesn`t matter that it is the Phoenix Force. You don`t have to know that it is that. You just have to know that Jean is trying the whole movie to contain her power, and when Charles tells her to let go, she unloads all of what she has and it is enough to kill Apocalypse. The firey bird around her is a nod to anyone who DOES happen to know what they intended - but it is not necessary. It seems that the people complaining about it being the Phoenix Force are those that KNOW already it is the Phoenix Force. Those that don`t know, don`t care.
>>
>>70186165
Singer did a great job making everyone look cool so there's also that.
>>
I saw it earlier today. Easily better than Civil War but that's not hard. Civil War was fucking garbage and it doesn't even take much to entertain me, but that movie sucked. X-Men was more entertaining than BvS for sure but I think BvS was all around a better movie. The cinematography alone wins it for me. Better symbolism and themes in my opinion too. All that being said, I did have more fun watching X-Men.
>>
File: 1458247135561.jpg (98 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1458247135561.jpg
98 KB, 750x750
>>70190833
>Poor acting (sophie, munn especially)
sophie's acting wasn't distracting. and munn absolutely got no lines or facetime. she was perfectly cast as psylocke.

>Poor characterization of villains and evil plan
they didn't make it clear if storm and psylocke were brainwashed or not.

>0 suspense
the nuke launch scene was the best scene i've seen in a while. there was much suspense there because i didn't know if he was going to annihilate mankind right then and there or not.

i also was scared to see what happened to little mischa when they couldn't find her, and felt a lot of suspense just waiting to see erik finally snap - which he didn't do for a WHILE.

>Entire scenes just feel out of place or a waste (Out of place: Erik, Waste: Weapon X)
erik's 'second chance' seemed out of place after he declared himself villain to the world in DOFP.

>Final Showdown was just garbage Apocolypse had no need for any horsemen and could have won if not for his mind link with charles
horsemen are needed to give the other xmen stuff to deal with. the entire battle being in the mind was garbage though. apocalypse could change size which is a power of his, and the trailer made it seem like he would do that. the final showdown was absolute garbage.

>Characters acting out of character (Erik being someones bitch)
that made much sense. they gave him more of a heartwrenching trauma than they needed to. he honestly DID try it charles' way, and even saved someone's life - and they came after him. granted, he did declare himself as 'villain' so it wasn't entirely anti-mutant sentiment, but it makes sense that his grieving would be to retaliate and meeting a being who is ostensibly stronger than you who significantly augments your own power is a big deal.

>>70191200
it was rapey for him to meet moira again and try to fuck her.
>>
Beast and Psylocke were lame as fuck, but everything else was great. Especially Oscar Isaac. Easily the best part of the film.
>>
>>70197123
desu I think his Apocalypse is one of the best Marvel onscreen villains ever
>>
It was garbage

The only interesting scenes were Wolverine killing people and the quicksilver one. But even then, these scenes were completely out of place and made no sense. Especially the Wolverine one.

I don't understand why they need to keep having bad shit happen to Magneto. Wasn;t he edgy enough? Dude is Sasuke tier.

Jubilee has no scenes and none of the young x-men had any character development. Havok dies and literally no one cares except cyclops.

The only good actors in this movie were Fassbender and Quicksilver. Everyone else seemed like they didn't give a shit. For some reason they also decided to make Nightcrawler and Epic quipster, but none of his lines were funny and were all forced.

Magneto kills millions of people with no consequence. Storm helps him and she's allowed on the team with no repercussions.

Apocalypse gets wrecked by literal newbs and Jean Grey bullshit.

movie was awful worse than Civil War but not as bad as BvS at least.
>>
>apocalypse was a manlet
>>
>>70197223
>best
>not mr. sinister

he probly the only that has cucked cyclops
>>
>>70197235
Oh yeah also a lot of plot points made no sense.

>Why did Xavier mind wipe that CIA chick
>Why did Magneto decide to attept to mingle with humans.
>How did Logan get captured if Mystique saved him
>What the fuck was Mystique even doing at the beginning of the movie?
> What were the kids doing when Stryker kidnapped the X-men
>How did Apocalypse know where Magneto was
> Why did Apocalypse only have 4 Horsemen when in the past he literally had a whole army worshipping him.
>How did quicksilver know the mansion was going to explode if he wasn't even there.
>>
>>70197403
those aren't plot holes you stupid fuck
its just your puny pleb brain incapable of following a movie with a solid plot

you probably need everything spoonfed to you
>>
Your opinion and review is awful.
>>
>>70186165

>It blows the fuck out of Batman vs Superman.
>Its much better than Civil War.

I guess we watched the movie through different glasses. It was mediocre at best. As in 6.5/10 at tops.
>>
>>70186572
>the least popular is the best
/tv/: the post
>>
>>70197743
>Apocalypse
>solid plot

Nah. The DoFP and First Class had perfect plots. They were simple and not filled with clusterfuck nonsense. This movie put in too much dumb shit for no reason and none of it made sense.
>>
>>70196996
>sophie's acting wasn't distracting.
It was monotone and out of place. She read all her lines the same exact way

>Munn absolutely got no lines or facetime
She had about 2 lines that were very poorly delivered and even the screen time she did get with no lines was just awkward and didn't mesh. Bitch can't even do silent acting

>The nuke launch scene
was retarded the entire concept of that scene was fucking retarded. If apocolypse can just take over someones mind and operate them remotely than why the fuck is there even conflict. Hell he did the same thing without cerebro but decided nah we'll let the humans stay. It was incredibly off putting and random.

> they gave him more of a heartwrenching trauma
yes but why he was the villain and believed in mutant supremacy. Apocalypse doesn't really care about mutants only the strong so even after this Erik wouldn't just say, "Yeah okay lets kill all the weak"
>>
>>70187323
Bruh
>>
>>70186313
>>purple haired bitch does literally nothing except 'muh lightsaber' the entire time

To be fair Olivia Mun is nothing more than a glorified booth babe and had no business being in a movie in the first place.
>>
>>70186674
This is the correct answer
>>
>>70186674
Civil War : 6/10
X-men Apocolypse : 5/10
BvS : 2/10
>>
>>70198241
>>The nuke launch scene
>was retarded the entire concept of that scene was fucking retarded. If apocolypse can just take over someones mind and operate them remotely than why the fuck is there even conflict. Hell he did the same thing without cerebro but decided nah we'll let the humans stay. It was incredibly off putting and random.
that was the beauty of it. apocalypse rules. he never wanted human extinction. it was only after he was locked in a sarcophagus for 5000 years that he woke to see those he wished to rule over be complete monsters wrecking the world and call themselves "superpowers"

"you can fire your arrows from the tower of babel, but you will never strike god!"

dat delivery.

>> they gave him more of a heartwrenching trauma
>yes but why he was the villain and believed in mutant supremacy. Apocalypse doesn't really care about mutants only the strong so even after this Erik wouldn't just say, "Yeah okay lets kill all the weak"
apocalypse was utterly messianic. he has the hypnotic magnetism of a cult leader with his "my child" and literally giving gifts to mutants making them significantly stronger. even his blood heals mutants (in the comics). it wasn't until the very end that they abruptly called ark angel "useless" in earshot of storm which sewed the seed enough for her to betray him in the end.

apocalypse comes int othe world as a deity, his magnetism (no pun intended) would certainly draw magneto in at that precise situation. but once he got over his grief, he came to.
>>
>>70186165
Better than Civil War, worse than BvS.

Everyone looked cool, felt some genuine emotion in the scenes which was great,
final battle was underwhelming.

Angel-Useless as usual
Psylocke-10 seconds
Magneto-Wish washy
Storm-good arc but weak
Apoc-just takes a beating. Should have blown them the fuck out
>>
>>70197366
most ancient Egyptians were manlets
>>
>>70186165
I enjoyed Civil War more, but Apocalypse was the better comic book movie.

My only issues were Jean's actress and Magneto being reduced to a cuck in the third act.

both shat all over BvS. Wasn't even close.
>>
File: 1417814521296.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1417814521296.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
>a wooden arrow goes through 2 people
>great kino
>>
>>70199228
It should have been a big ass bow and he shouldn't have been holding it like a pussy.
>>
You know, if I were Magneto, I would've buried metal shit all over my property so I wouldn't be defenseless when the cops bring wooden arrows to kill me.
>>
>>70186165
OP I agree with you. Good job.
>>
>>70199336
they lured him out into the forest and this was before he realized he can lift metal from beneath the ground.
>>
X-Men Apocalypse is better than Civil War
>>
>the good
-Not just a bunch of quips like it'd be from marvel Disney
-Quicksilver scene was great again
-villain was good, again something we wouldn't have gotten from marvel Disney
-the nuke scene was legit tense
-Angels metal wings
>the bad
-magneto didn't need more motivations to hate humans
-magneto and storm turned good again for no reason
-underutilized characters, particularly the horsemen
-wolverine scene felt unnecessary, he should have joined the team afterwards. Still less useless than the shameless Spider-Man shove in civil war though
-Sophie turners shitty American accent and acting in general
>the ugly
-holy shit, Jennifer Lawrence. I don't know what's wrong with her lately but she comes off as bored, indifferent, and angry in every real and acting appearance these days. I don't know what happened that made her such a bitter person but it's showing in her performances. Her dialogue was cringe, and the attempt to turn mystique into catniss evergreen is ridiculous.
Overall decent movie, all of its problems would be forgiven or excused if it were part of the MCU

BvS > Apocalypse > Civil War
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.