[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is the british version always always better than the American?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Series8Cover.jpg (393 KB, 991x1500) Image search: [Google]
Series8Cover.jpg
393 KB, 991x1500
why is the british version always always better than the American?
>>
>>70182589

heh

Anyway we need your shit-posting potential in the GoT general, quit dicking around
>>
>>70182589
only americans make copies of british comedies

I'm sure if the british tried to copy american shows the copies would be shit too
>>
>>70182589

troll thread?

cuz isn't this show a rare case of the US version being better or something?

haven't seen it yet.
>>
File: 1275838204864.jpg (145 KB, 449x337) Image search: [Google]
1275838204864.jpg
145 KB, 449x337
>>70182589

>yfw this is the average british family
>>
File: freddyclose.jpg (25 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
freddyclose.jpg
25 KB, 600x400
>>70182781
>'isn't the US one better?'
>i've not seen it btw

>>70182790
>all white people

shame the same can't be said about amerijuans LOL
>>
>>70182589
Because Americans drag it out until there's 5 times of it compared to the British version which is pure kino.
>>
>>70182755
Like the British version of that 70s show?
>>
American Shameless WAS better, but it's gotten pretty trash the last few seasons.
>>
>listening to "CORE FOOKIN BLIMEY AH SHAGGED A RIGHT ROTTEN SHAG LAS' NOIGHT AND I TAUGHT SHE WAS ME LADY BUT SHE WAS ME MUM INNIT?" for any extended period of time

Fuck off. Brits are insufferable cucks.
>>
I mean if we take the first seasons by themselves, there's something to be said for the British one being a lot more adult and talking down to the audience less. The US version needed so many reasons to make Frank fuck Karen, it's actually funnier that the British version just lets him decide to do it. That said the biggest mistake of the American version, even accounting for differences in taste, was casting Goku as Steve. I have no idea how you could watch the British version, begin the casting process for the US one, and think Goku does James McAvoy any justice. I honestly dont get how someone heard that dude talk and thought, yeah he could reasonably be from the Midwest. Dude sounds so LA and can't do anything to hide it at all. Not to mention hes just an overall shit actor. I think the funny thing is every American casting choice made the characters hotter, with the exception of Lip and Sheila. I love Joan Cusack, she's maybe my favorite part of the US one, but goddamn that UK Sheila is hot.
>>
>>70182968
/thread
>>
Brit here. Can confirm that the American version was way better.

We had a better Office though.
>>
>>70182904
There are like 11 seasons of Shameless, and they don't even manage to all be about the main Gallagher family. This is the one instance where it's hard to say the Brits weren't dragging this shit out.
>>
Shows with No Name Change:
Beauty and the Geek
Blockbusters
Candid Camera
The Disney Club
Double Dare
Drunk History
Finders Keepers
Fun House
Gambit
Jeopardy
The Name's the Same
Name That Tune
Sale of the Century
Sid Caesar Invites You
So You Think You Can Dance
The Apprentice
The Taste
This Is Your Life
What's My Line?
Wheel of Fortune

Shows with name changes:

US: America's Next Top Model
UK: Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model

US: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
UK: Are You Smarter Than a 10 Year Old?

US: Card Sharks
UK: Play Your Cards Right

US: College Bowl
UK: University Challenge

US: Family Feud
UK: Family Fortunes

US: The Golden Girls
UK: The Brighton Belles

US: Good Times
UK: The Fosters

US: Greed - Chuck Woolery
UK: Gr££d - Jerry Springer

US: Grounded for Life
UK: In with the Flynns

US: Hollywood Squares
UK: Celebrity Squares

US: Impractical Jokers
UK: Impractical Jokers UK

US: Jersey Shore
UK: Geordie Shore

US: Law & Order
UK: Law & Order: UK

US: Mad About You
UK: Loved By You

US: Married... with Children
UK: Married for Life

US: Match Game
UK: Blankety Blank

US: Maude
UK: Nobody's Perfect

US: Murder in Small Town X
UK: The Murder Game

US: The Price Is Right
UK: The Price Is Right / The New Price Is Right/ Bruce's Price Is Right

US: Saturday Night Live
UK: Saturday Live/Friday Night Live

US: Supermarket Sweep
UK: Dale's Supermarket Sweep

US: That '70s Show
UK: Days Like These

US: The Soup / Talk Soup
UK: Celebrity Soup

US: Who's the Boss?
UK: The Upper Hand

US: Win Ben Stein's Money
UK: Win Beadle's Money

US: Wipeout
UK: Total Wipeout
>>
>>70182589
>Watch brit shameless
>Everyone is hideous

Are the English really that ugly on average?
>>
>>70182589
They're making tv with soul instead of pretty faces plus a graph from a mathematician that explains what kind of demography should most likely like it for maximized profit.
>>
>>70183400

Totally agree, except on Sheila and Lip. Both obviously improvements
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.