[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Sopranos the only show where each season is better than the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 960x678
Is Sopranos the only show where each season is better than the one before it?
>>
I thought the first season was better than 2 and 3 but I suppose it was in its infancy and still had more ideas than it knew what to do with.

I wouldn't say Sopranos gets subjectively better with each season but its clear with character development and arcs that they would be.

That's probably why GoT fails to non-normies because it has 2 or 3 memorable characters left while almost EVERY, side characters included was memorable.

Also silvio is best boy
>>
>>70174464
No.
>>
disagree.

seasons 3 and 4 faltered. then season 6 was boring as shit.

not saying it had to keep the violence going to keep it interesting, but it didn't have to get so uninteresting as well.

however, that final scene was truly brilliant. It wasn't about what happened, it didn't matter.... what mattered is that you finally felt the tension Tony lives with every moment of his life.
>>
>>70174560
SIlvio was too good. It led to him being kind of a boring character. I liked him and his one episode though, but IIRC they just added him because Steven Van Zandt gave an amazing audition.
>>
>>70174612
Only true until Season 6
>>
season 3 was only ok the rest after that were complete shit. 1 and 2 were good.
>>
When they add great characters like Ralph Cifaretto, Furio, and Phil Leotardo

Tony Blundetto was meh
>>
>>70174618
Season 3 was really messy because they had to rewrite around Nancy Marchand's death, but 4 is amazing and definitely the beginning of the show's' "peak" which is 4-6. 6 is amazing and the best example of how you wrap up a show that is about such horrible people: You give the audience hope they might change and then piss all over it. Perfect TV.
>>
>>70174647
He murdered Ade in cold blood

He looked the other way while his girls were abused sexually and physically, one even killed

He was no saint
>>
>>70174766
I meant "good" in the sense that he was extremely competent, loyal, and had no major problems other than the mundane (gets pissed while gambling, has a boner for Christopher Columbus)
>>
File: carmela.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
carmela.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
the gay episodes and the Carmela episodes were the best
>>
Mad Men too. I really get confused by so many people claiming both shows went on too long or that they went downhill. I feel like I watched a different show from the majority of the audience.
>>
>Breaking Bad

It's the truth, I don't care.
>>
>>70174940
Season 5 is terrible
>>
>>70174940
Turned to shit past season 2 t b h
>>
>>70174835
>the gay episodes

what? that firefighter guy was a literal caricature
>>
>>70174940
except season 5 is clearly the worst
>>
>>70175113
this. and season 2 was only so good because it was the most similar to The Sopranos.
>>
File: 1077shu.jpg (70 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1077shu.jpg
70 KB, 1280x800
>>70174878

Acceptable answer. But this is a Sopranos thread, don't let the question in the OP fool you
>>
>>70175171
Charmaigne was a good woman and probably my favorite female character on the show besides Rosalie
>>
>>70174464
5 > 6B > 2 > 6A > 4 > 1 > 3

Whats yours?
>>
>>70175230
6B > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6A = 3 > 1
>>
>>70175106
>>70175113
>>70175132
Contrarians are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>70175230
6B > 4 > 6A > 5 > 3 > 2 > 1
>>
>>70175293
Indeed they are. Just look at you.
>>
File: 1428760878550.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1428760878550.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>70175293
>>
>>70174464
https://youtu.be/J-YXWhKUiog
>>
>>70175387
Very solid list, though I would move season 6B behind season 5.
>>
Malcolm in the Middle
>>
>>70175221

Poor Artie
>>
No, season 5 and 6 were garbage compared to 2 3 and 4. Season 1 was a bit wonky in some places, but that's because they were still unsure where to take it all
>>
>>70174878

Mad Men turned to shit after season 5 and went full SJW: Peggy becomes Don's boss and is all smug about it. Also, that scene of her walking down the hallway on her first day at McCann was the worst. Joan's storyline at McCann was blatant pandering as well.

Also:

Peggy and Stan getting together, and the way they handled it. That scene probably had some of the worst writing on the show, ever.

Betty gets lung cancer.

Peter and Trudy get back together and live happily ever after.

Don's final scene and the Coke stuff was pretty good, but that whole monologue in therapy about the guy being a sandwich no one ever takes out of the fridge was pretty cringe, and so was Don's "emotional breakthrough."
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.