[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best series past 2/3 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Hello guys, i didn't follow everything due to work. Which really good series came out those pasts years?

So far i watched :

- Better call Saul
- Vinyl
- Banshee
- Fargo
- True Detective

Anthing else that i missed?

Cheers guys
>>
Mr Robot
>>
>>70167409
Halt and Catch Fire Season 1
>>
>>70167865
abysmal
>>
File: 1437348168987.png (691 KB, 1382x1665) Image search: [Google]
1437348168987.png
691 KB, 1382x1665
>>
Ok thanks guys, anything else by any chance?
>>
File: 234318.jpg (35 KB, 532x600) Image search: [Google]
234318.jpg
35 KB, 532x600
>>70167865
only for the QT, but it is pretty terrible
>>
The Leftovers
>>
>>70167932
The Knick
The Leftovers
Hannibal
>>
File: 234324.jpg (32 KB, 532x600) Image search: [Google]
234324.jpg
32 KB, 532x600
>>70167986
>>
anyone seen this one?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the-night-manager/s01/
>>
>>70167409
Which one was the best anon?
>>
>>70168033
I was thinking about the Leftovers. That good?

Also OP give Rectify and The Affair a chance too.
>>
>>70168033
>the knick
easily the best show but /tv/ hates it because "muh sjw agenda" even though the shows tone is obviously nihilistic
>>
Continuum

Only 4 seasons, but it's the best time travel show I've watched so far.
>>
>>70168071

True detective S01, no doubt
>>
>>70168076
it's one of the few series i've actually bothered to keep up with

not bad, great characters and writing, but you kind of have to just accept the fact that's pretentious and loaded with a bunch of random mysticism that they're never really going to explain as a result of being written by Damon Lindelof

has some truly excellent episodes though, notably the season 2 ep International Assassin and the season 1 ep Cairo

>>70168154
Hannibal is about on the same level for me, but they're both absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>70168196
>Damon Lindelof
you shouldn't have mentioned him. sounds like a must avoid now.
>>
Idk about the best, but the worst was DC's Legends of Tomorrow. It made shit like the last seasons of Glee and TBBT look like Masterpieces in comparison.
>>
Wolf Hall
River
>>
The Knick is the best show on television since Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men ended. Fargo, True Detective (season 1), Bloodline, The Leftovers and The Americans are the best of the rest.
>>
>Vinyl
You can't be serious
>>
>>70168435
Just in case any one needs a reason to start watching The Knick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VEmuyipwE
>>
>bloodline
>Peaky blinders
Really like them tbqh, senpai
Haven't watched the newest season of either though
>>
>>70168435
>>70168477
>>70168154
>>70168033
Fifth-ing The Knick - loved the atmosphere, set/costume design, camera work, themes, etc. Some of the characters didn't really do much for me, but overall just really well done stuff. Plus its short enough to warrant a watch even if you're not sold or have other things on your backlog
>>
>>70168411
>Wolf Hall
Best show I have ever seen!
>>
>>70167927
I really enjoyed this, but it's definitely not for everyone. If you go in looking for a comedy you'll be sorely disappointed, but if you're looking for a feels-y existential drama (and you have the emotional experience to be able to relate to the events and themes) then I think you'll enjoy it
>>
>>70168249
it's not nearly as bad as Lost. show's pretty unique, though - there's nothing else like it on the air. for that reason alone it's worth trying the first couple episodes.
>>
Bitten

It's low-budget, but that works in it's favor. It's like a werewolf version of The Sopranos. It's a nice change of pace from the Teen Wolf/Vamp Diaries/True Blood teen shlock.
>>
>Crime
Banshee (finished)
Better Call Saul (spin-off)
Fargo
Hannibal (finished)
Peaky Blinders
The Fall
True Detective

>Historical
Black Sails
Marco Polo
The Last Kingdom
Vikings

>Sci-fi/fantasy
Ash vs Evil Dead
The Expanse
The Man in the High Castle
Utopia (cancelled)

>More crime
Bosch
Broadchurch
Death In Paradise
Endeavour (spin-off)
Grantchester

>More sci-fi/fantasy
iZombie
Orphan Black
The 100
>>
>>70168860
>Utopia (cancelled)
taken before your time

RIP
>>
>>70167932
Post sauce of your click bait image OP.
>>
>>70168860
Orphan Black is good (season 1 is great, the other seasons are good/decent), but I wish there was a Donnie&Allison spin-off without the genetics/clone thing.
>>
>>70168927
and that should be the opening credits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ura2PkfotTs
>>
Ray Donovan
Manhattan (2 seasons, not gonna be renewed for a third, but incredible show)
The Americans
The Saboteurs (6 part mini-series, but incredible)
The Last Kingdom (only 1 series, and quite low budget, but actually pretty good)
>>
Mr. Robot
Rick & Morty
>>
>>70167572

First comment best comment.
>>
>>70167409
I saw an episode of Madoff last night, it looks pretty good
>>
>>70168860
This guy is so pleb
>>
Silicon valley
>>
>>70167409
*braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap*
>>
Breaking bad
Curb your entusiam
Bored to death
>>
the flash
>>
>>70168815
LMAO are you fucking serious
>>
>>70168860
how is banshee?

i heard the ending was shit
>>
Show recommendations are the only thing worth coming for on /tv/
Btw anyone know if The Knick is finished?
>>
>>70171754
Yes it is.
>>
>>70171306
>how is banshee?
Second best show on Cinemax so far
>i heard the ending was shit
Nah it was satisfying, problem was more that season 4 was the weakest overall. Still fun /tv/ all the way tbqh
>>
>>70171754
Maybe not, we'll see. The story arc ended at least

And /tv/ has pretty terrible taste in TV shows as evident in this thread
>>
>>70171754
>>70172497
I thought they were working on a Season 3. New cast, setting, ect...like Fargo/AHS, but in 2 season chunks?
>>
>>70167865
This show hits close to home if you've worked in any kind of IT development job.
Most people haven't, so most people wouldn't find this both fascinating and painful to watch. It was glammed up for TV, but still too much like watching dramatic re-enactions of email threads.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.