[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arya's training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12
File: arya.png (2 MB, 1864x1398) Image search: [Google]
arya.png
2 MB, 1864x1398
How exactly can she become badass assassin if only thing she does is getting beaten with a stick?
>>
>>70136628
A girl needs no training.
>>
Wax on, wax off.
>>
>>70136628
Mary Sue
>>
>>70136628
i have skipped the arya training scenes because the girl trainer is way too fucking edgy, literally the only face she has is the "pssh, nothing personnel, kid" face
>>
So far her arc is leading up to nothing remotely interesting in regards to the big picture. The play scene was pretty great though.
>>
File: breast.png (665 KB, 478x980) Image search: [Google]
breast.png
665 KB, 478x980
>>70136871
sure was
>>
File: download (95).jpg (12 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download (95).jpg
12 KB, 276x183
Arya will become hard the same way Tommy Pickles did. By having this bitch beat the shit out of her
>>
>>70136628
Generic montage is generic
>>
>>70136628
He said she wont be no one but will still serve a purpose.
>>
>>70136841
>literally
>>
>>70136628
>twirling a stick and doing flashy anime shit with it
>neither weight training or cardio
>no training with actual weapons that might be useful for an assassin i.e. daggers, bows or poisons or whatever
>not learning languages
>not studying survival/concealment
>not studying social engineering or whatever it's called
>not going out into the world to understand people in general, spends months in one city, with the majority of that time spent in a single building
>not even taught the magic shit that makes faceless men more of a threat than any other dude with a blade

how exactly is she becoming a super-duper assassin again?
>>
>>70137038
> giving him (you)s
>>
>>70136931

jesus i can't stop watching this picture, his facial expression + tits makes it 10/10
>>
I'd beat her with my stick
>>
>>70137038
>>70137093
>fat fucks can't handle the truth: the post
>>
>>70136841
lmao
>>
File: 1414665481213.jpg (80 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1414665481213.jpg
80 KB, 500x294
>>70136844
Hahah, that face description is spot on.

ot: I kinda expect them to do a timejump, cause so far she hasnt learned anything other then common sense (observe target, disguise etc). If not I guess shes gonna learn by beeing sent on missions like a trainee.
>>
>>70136628
Don't yo Know hat stick training is transferable to knife
>>
File: image.png (534 KB, 875x873) Image search: [Google]
image.png
534 KB, 875x873
Valar Morghulis

Also:
Jaqen Hqar did nothing wrong.
>>
>>70136841
Amazing new pasta. Thanks for destroying my homes namesake but this is gold
>>
>>70136628
MUH MONTAGE

that was all so predictable and boring
>>
>>70137079
>how exactly is she becoming a super-duper assassin again?
Jesus, how stupid americunts are? They beat her everytime she gave away her real identity, they're basically preapare her for tortures, like a CIA operative, so when shit gets real bad she wouldnt blow their cover.
>>
>>70137079
>how exactly is she becoming a super-duper assassin again?
She isn't. This will end with the other bitch finding needle (or doing something else which will expose her). Arya will somehow end up killing her and then she'll run away with a few faces. Jaqen won't give a fuck.
>>
>>70136844
But The Waif is a qt
>>
>>70137415
So why does this asshole stay around the temple now instead of going around killing people. Or is this just for the viewers interest
>>
>>70137464
seems like something jaqen would be fine with killing her over
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 2000x1000
>>70137415
Yeah, i was wondering about Jaqen.

How is Jaqen H ghar doing? Did he reach Bravoss safely? Where is he now? What is Jaqen being doing?
>>
>>70136841
a fucking leaf
>>
>>70137520
>Implying it's the same guy and not another faceless man
>>
>>70137464
I know she probably isn't, but let's say she is. What's the point.of her getting beaten for months?
>>
>>70136628
You don't need to be able to fight if you can change identities on the fly. All this "training" is just filler.
>>
>>70136931
They should have cast her as Sansa so I would actually care about her character.
>>
>>70137520
it's not him
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 499x750
>>70137520
First: Jaqen H Ghar (Valar Morghulis) is not a asshole, he is patrician!

Second: he is resting and living in the temple, he is not going around killing people when he is tired.
>>
>>70137079

This. I wish they would go more in depth with the Faceless Men story line. The Faceless Men are really interesting and I would genuinely enjoy seeing more of their world. It feels like they've barely scratched the surface of that world.
>>
>>70137624
What you do mean by that?

Is he not the same person who saved Arya?

Damn, i mean: Valar Morghulis.
>>
>>70136628
look at the staff
how dense that shit is
look at my face and tell me that one single blow wouldn't smash your face in
but no, it barely bruises her.

i'm so done with this crap
>>
File: 46.jpg (2 MB, 2832x4256) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
2 MB, 2832x4256
>>70136628
>A girl needs no training.
BUT Arya learned to sword fight by A Grand Master... but now she's struggling with how to use a stick.
>>
>>70137826
She's not hitting her to kill her
>>
>>70137787
>Is he not the same person who saved Arya?
nope
>>
>>70137754
They are probably tired, shy or exploring other unknow parts of the world.
>>
>>70136628

It's irrelevant. There is time traveling now. They can pull anything now.

A girl may become the first assassin for all we know. That's the level of retardness of this show now.
>>
>>70137542
But Jaqen likes Arya, i hope someday Arya will become Jaqen waifu.

Also Jaqen seems a nice and calm
man.
>>
So when are they going to have Jaqen change his face into Syrio?
>>
>>70137896
jaqen hgar seemed to like arya, however the person in braavos training arya is not jaqen hgar, he's just another faceless man and he honestly seems pretty pissed off with her

what would make him like her is if she was a good and obedient student
>>
>>70137841
How do you know senpai?

Is it by the way how Jaqen behaves and interacting with Arya?
>>
>>70137520
You realize that there's a lot of shit they simply don't depict in the show? They don't depict every single thing that hoes on with the Faceless men. As far as the other parts of the training go, you see her tinkering with poisons and the time she was begging around the town, she learned information about people and things. She hasn't probably even begun to receive any actual training yet, it's all conditioning to make her actually ready for the training if there is even going to be any.
>>
I forgot how she even ties to the plot anymore.
>>
>>70137787

I'm pretty sure Jaqen H'ghar is like the default identity of faceless men. I don't think it's actually the same guy.
>>
>>70137943
Arya is gonna find out that it's not jaqen and she's gonna think that she just got used to kill people and then other shit maybe will happen and it will show the rocks near the big house moved signifying that arya got needle and left
>>
Because the most badass assassins we know live in Dorne and either use double daggers, a whip or a spear.
They also kill people in broad daylight. So I guess Arya has a fair shot.
>>
>>70136931
Best tits on the show belong to some random extra who won't be seen again after 1 episode
bravo d&d
>>
>>70138005

She's the one that will kill Cersei.
>>
>>70136628
How did Luke Skywalker become a jedi when all he did was give Yoda piggy back rides?
>>
>>70138033

Actually what's going to happen is that eventually Jaqen will change his face to become Syrio and he'll tell her they were training her from the start.

Naturally a woman can't be controlled like that by old men so she'll kill them all and return to her business of killing people on her list.
>>
>>70138139
He went into that random ass cave and saw daddy in a vision too
>>
>>70137943
I believe and agree with you 100% senpai, but both Jaqen H ghars (2 different faceless man) seems to like Arya.

The one from Westeros seems to like and respect Arya and the other one from Braavos is polite and secretly also likes Arya too.
>>
>>70136841
It's a retarded South Korean tv trope where "small boy becomes superior to dear leader due to being small boy"

Literally cancer

You fat fucks are killing television. NORTH KOREAN tv is better due to having standards.

South Koreans are so stupid.

Almost everything you produce is garbage, and it shows with threads like these

You can never amount to the status that North Korea has achieved.

But you people who outnumber North Koreans here have all the chances to make this place better, but instead you post stupid retarded shit like this

In fact, North Korean EVERYTHING is better.

We have better books, clothes, supreme leaders, food, women (who don't want you), healthcare, and an overall sense of happiness here.

As opposed to SOUTH KOREA, Where over there you people are fat, miserable, shoot at each other all day, have a huge gap in income inequality, hate minorities and women, and have the highest stats in the world for crime

You fat fucks truly deserve Park Geun-hye

What's funny is, is despite all of that, you Chonks love to say that "North Korea is an impoverished nation", but the truth is is that you are fat asses who are jealous of our efficiency.

Fuck you South Korea.

You fat cunts.

You stupid pigs.

You unbelievable mongrels.

You are a nation in decline.

Your women are sluts, and your mothers are fat pigs.

When my country finally destroys America in the coming conflicts, the rest of the world will truly be able to see how great and amazing NORTH KOREA is.
>>
>>70136628
HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR
>>
>>70137833
shit teacher
>>
>>70136841
>implying implications
>hurr durr amerifat
>iamtwelveandthisisfunny
>>
>>70138222
HOLD THE DOOR
>>
>>70138114
>clegane bowl
>not confirmed
GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>70137913
Never because the show audience wouldn't remember him.
>>
>>70138222
>CARMELLA HOLD THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
>>70138298
The north remembers.
>>
The big issue for me is where are they going with all this? Because either she refuses to erase her past and her emotions and all that, and then the last two seasons of stuff she did was all pointless filler, or she DOES become a nameless one or whatever they're called and then she isn't even Arya Stark anymore so why would we care about her? They seem to have dug themselves into a corner here. Is that dude gonna pull something out of his ass like "you refused to completely forget your true self. Congratulations, that is the path to the SECRET power of the Faceless God!"
>>
>>70138248
HOLD THE GETS
>>
>>70138114
Why'd you kill one of the last interesting characters around though.
>>
>>70137841
Where is the faceless man (Westeros) now? After saying goodbye to Arya, he changed his face and sailed to Braavos.

But his status is unknow.

Is he dead or alive, did he regroup with other Jaqen H ghar from Braavos Temple?
>>
>>70138106

It's the nipples, she has great nips
>>
>>70137079
>>70137079
In the books she does alot of that. Even passable Braavosian.
>>
>>70138410
I thought that dude WAS jaqen h'ghar?
>>
>>70138344
>and then the last two seasons of stuff she did was all pointless filler
>the girl who has wanted to train to be a killer getting to train to be a killer, just not a knightly killer
>pointless filler

It's given us a look on the Bravosi/Faceless Men's world and it's given her the skills she'll need to avenge her family on her own. There's nothing about it that's a pointless filler.
>>
Jaquen is actually the smug bitch beating aria with stick

Screencap this
>>
>>70138344
She's going to steal some faces and leave them to finish her revenge.
>>
>>70138018
Thats a shame, to be honest.

If Jaqen H ghar was the same person from Westeros to Braavos temple, it would strenght the relationship between Arya and Jaqen.

>Arya will never become the waifu of Jaqen H ghar

Why even live?

Also:
Valar Morghulis.
>>
>>70138364
>interesting

Yeah revenge murder everyone arc is so interesting. She's no longer spite murdering. Crazy character growth.

I miss Twyin honestly. I hate how all of the stories all come down to blah blah blah incompetence. At least Twyin could hold his family shit together and build a stronger damily until redditdwarf had to shoot him.
>>
>>70138484

I've been thinking this since she first appeared, despite both being on screen together in the last episode.
>>
>>70138443
It's a bit filler
>>
>>70138563
They coukd swap faces
>>
>>70138344
My thoughts exactly. And this season you can't even expect to be positively surprised anymore.
>>
>>70138441
They are probably partners who share the same and change face or they are just clones.

The Jaqen ghar form Westeros status is unknow. He may dead or alive, or relaxing in the unknow parts of Braavos.
>>
>>70138567
But it's not... Sansa's shit has been more filler than Arya's, because at least Arya's serves a bigger purpose down the line than shocking the viewer. The Dorne stuff, THAT'S filler. Hell, most of what's happened with Dany has been filler, because it's all had no ill effect on her and now she's got an even bigger army than ever before with no trouble.

Arya could not exact revenge if she hadn't gotten training, and she wouldn't have gotten training in Westeros.
>>
>>70137079
Medieval assassins pretty much invariably used poisons as their main methods. I know that GoT / ASOIAF is fantasy, but the only assassin orders to actually behave like they're depicted in popular culture are the Hashashim and ninjas. The Faceless men are imo influenced a lot by the Hashashim, but even so, they favor poison opposed to Assassin creed shit.
>>
>>70138604
They could do anything, or Jaqen H ghar is really a person who can shift faces and claims (because of training to become a assassin) to be faceless man while in realty he is just a man in denial.
>>
>>70138344
Many-Faced God.
>>
>>70138730
>just a man in denial
Like most fanboys of the show right now
Well since time travel is possible and WW are just skynet nothing would suprice me. I just hope they leave cock jokes feom next episode
>>
>>70138807
>I just hope they leave cock jokes feom next episode

They have a 1 per episode quota.
>>
>>70138717
You could say the same shit about Salsa and Dany Fatborn, HURRRR they wouldn't be able to do what they're going to do down the line without everything that has happened to them.

Fill those gaps in your thought process, you're pathetic.

All this Braavosi shit is the same as the Dorne shit with the sandsnakes. Just retarded filler, that some claim "gives us a look into that part of the world" without actually giving us anything about that part of the world besides different clothing styles and hair styles.
>>
>>70138806
Did nothing wrong!

Also:
Valar Morghulis.
>>
>>70138879
Its amazing how bad this show became
There was always some cribge dialog, but right now I cant watch this show without thinking about le maymay midget and stronk womyn.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 500x500
>>70138914
The baby of Jaqen H Ghar must not become a faceless man and/or many faced god.

He will destroy us.
>>
>>70138914
Someone please make that Yoda "The boy has no patience" picture with Ja'qen and Arya but with "the girl is not ready".
>>
>>70137787
In the books it's a spooky skeleton
>>
>>70138991
This is why China will outpace us economically, because of stupid shit like this that consumers buy.
>>
>>70139308
Did...did i do something wrong or bad?
Also the baby is cute.

China did nothing wrong!
>>
>>70139426
Keep wasting your money on frivolous garbage like that so you can post LE EBIC pics for your Instagram and Twitter.
>>
>>70139426
You did nothing. Anon just raging.
>>
>>70139492
what else am i supposed to waste my money on?
>>
>>70139600
Living a good life possibly? Just goes to show how careless you are with your money and the juvenile attitude you have with it. Take your kid on a trip or save for the future so he can take horseback riding lesson or something, maybe have a taste at golf/sailing/basketball/soccer/piano/guitar or anything else and seeing what he picks up on his own accord.
>>
What if it isn't training and the guy just gets off at watching little girls hurting each other?
>>
>>70139492
What are you talking about, mad autistic neckbeard. You mean the baby pic? Thats just a picture of a baby that i found on google. Also i dont have any game of thrones dvd or blue ray, i watch them always on popcorn time and torrent.
>>
>>70138344
>you refused to completely forget your true self. Congratulations, that is the path to the SECRET power of the Faceless God!"
Well, the waif seemed pretty butthurt that a nobleborn girl wanted to become a Faceless Man, she said as much, I believe. Which suggests that she hasn't forgotten her own, baseborn origins.
>>
>>70139492
Are you dumd poor blind basement dweller? The image of baby found in goolge.
>>
>>70139802
Not a bad life desu
>>
>>70136841
LEAF UPRISING NOW
>>
>>70138516
the show will go with this because normies like you don't understand a fucking thing
>>
>>70136628
she looks terrible. what happened?
>>
>>70137833
>A Grand Master
>beaten by Meryn fucking Trant
>>
>>70140766
HE DIDN'T HAVE A SWORD
Also, it was "Greatest swordsman in all of Westeros"
>>
>>70140408
Better a normie than a mad autistic redditor.

Go back to Imgur, angry faggot.
>>
>>70140766
>>70140982
Friendly reminder that in the show the last thing we hear as Arya runs is a METAL sword clattering to the ground and someone screaming in pain, and that Syrio was armed with a WOODEN sword.

Meryn Trant clearly didn't want to tell anyone he got beat by a fag with a wooden sword.
>>
>>70138222
holy shit checkem
>>
>>70141210
What if Syrio survived?
>>
File: buttslutt gets wet.webm (816 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
buttslutt gets wet.webm
816 KB, 854x480
when will Arya do something cool?
>>
>ynv give Arya a nice, long piggyback ride
True suffering.
>>
>>70140766
someone post the fucking image already
>>
>>70141387
what a qt3.14
>>
>>70141210
>metal sword hitting the ground after it cleaved the afro clown in two
>>
File: merynfuckingtrant.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
merynfuckingtrant.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>70141582
>>
>>70136796

>she's a mary sue if she has to endure endless beatings while being trained to be good at fighting

You're fucking stupid. She'd be a mary sue if she was instantly good, but they show her getting beaten countless times before she can fight back with any competence.
>>
>>70136796
You have literally no idea what Mary Sue even means.
>>
>>70136931
Perfect
>>
>>70138484
Think you're right
>>
>>70141387
Do you think she's aware that there are paedophiles on the Internet that could see this?
>>
I haven't even watched the show since season 2 or something, but blind people have a really good reason for carrying sticks all the time and everywhere they go.

Being competent at using it as a weapon is pretty damn useful in my view. Like people just see a harmless, unarmed blind beggar, then bam lethal stick technique in your face. I haven't seen the choreo or anything, but historically, quarterstaves and chinese gun were extremely effective weapons.
>>
The faceless men have a contract to kill Cersie. They are going to use Arya, a girl they know is willing to kill and wants to kill her, to do it. They're not going to have her become no one, because they're just using her for a suicide mission.

If Arya succeeds, then the faceless men won again. But if she fails in any way, captured or kill, then Arya failed and the faceless men still keep their success rate up.
>>
>>70136841
saw u post something similar yesterday, hope you choke on a doughnut you incomprehensible fuck
>>
>>70136871
Can we get that image where Arya is a bookfag and the play is the tv show? Cracks me up.
>>
>>70137464
Someone cap this, I guarantee this is where it's heading.
>>
>>70137568
>image.jpg
>>
>>70145759
I'm sure she is aware that many people desire her underage pussy and panders to them.
>>
>>70147351
>>70145759
>there are people who are attracted to missus fetal alcohol syndrome

fucking seriously?
>>
>>70137451
>so when shit gets real bad she wouldnt blow their cover.
What fucking cover? It is common knowledge the faceless men exist and does the things they do.
>>
>>70136628
You've never been beaten with a stick, that's why you are complaining about some stupid shit on an internet forum.
>>
>>70150364
YA BUT HOW DOES THAT HELP U?
>>
>>70150660
It builds discipline. If you've ever trained some fighting sport you'd know that if you got hit hard you'd do your best to avoid it next time.

>>70150623
That couldn't be more different.
>>
>>70136931
PUFFY
>>
File: 250px-That%27s_a_paddlin%27[1].png (74 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
250px-That%27s_a_paddlin%27[1].png
74 KB, 250x186
>>70137079
they subscribe to the paddlin' school of teaching
>>
>>70137670
My exact thought the moment she came onscreen.
>>
>>70138344
it's implied in the books that the faceless men dont know about warging and arya wargs nymeria nightly so I dont think shes going to be able to lose her identity.

Guessin she becomes super assassin but by the time she gets to westeros again everyone she wants to kill is already dead.
>>
>>70138719
It's been awhile since I read about the Ismailis but iirc they didn't use poison but instead just used daggers and expected to be killed or killed themselves after killing their target. It was less 'super trained assassin' and more 'feudal suicide bomber but with knife instead of explosives'. Killing important people in public with so little disregard for their lives was part of the statement. To be fair though it's been a while since I read that book.
>>
>>70152301
>>70138719
Nvm bud I'm a fucking idiot and misread your post. Disregard it, I suck cocks & ct.
>>
>>70151102
Everyone except Cerci. I pray to the old gods and the new every single night that Arya gets to kill Cercei.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.