[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Nathan even do anything wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ex-Machina.jpg (288 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ex-Machina.jpg
288 KB, 1600x900
Did Nathan even do anything wrong?
>>
File: 1447585095840.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2048) Image search: [Google]
1447585095840.jpg
2 MB, 2560x2048
Did Ava even do anything wrong?
>>
>>70125445

People say he should have built a kill-switch into them but that would've defeated the purpose of building a sentient AI.

It was a huge risk but he thought he had it handled, just couldn't predict Caleb going full retard.
>>
>>70125509

Not having any contingency plan at all for robots who hate him when he plans on bringing an outsider who he intended to piss off seems a bit careless from someone who was painted as a genius and careful.
>>
>>70125445
No, it's actually one of the flaws of the movie, he simply wasn't antagonistic enough to meet his destiny and expect the audience to "cheer it", not that I'm complaining about it because a completely antagonistic evil is the most retarded capeshit style thing ever, but if you try to portray someone as the "bad guy" at least make him do something bad.
>>
>>70125445
They both oppressed a strong womyn.

All the Bible quotes highlight the nature of the patriarchy and its need for supremacy and control.
>>
>>70125445
>Did Nathan even do anything wrong?
Yes. Having no password on his work computer.
Like come on.. what the fuck was that. No pw to protect your code, your security etc.
>>
>>70125445
was a character in a shit movie
>>
>>70125593
Dear Jesus. Are you saying a flaw of a movie is that the main villain is not inherently evil? Real life is not black and white with heroes fighting villians. The dude was an asshole but he thought he was doing the right thing. "Evil villians" know what they are doing is bad.
>>
>>70125566
kid, when i get 5 mins im going to google "hubris" for you
>>
>I'm gonna tear up the fucking dancefloor

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>70126024
He's not wrong though. I work as safety engineer in a chemical plant testing new production processes and even though what we do is incomparably less dangerous than Nathan's experiments we would never have let that happen.
>>
>>70126024
Even if you're some super conceded asshole, when you're working with dangerous equipment you build in safety measures. He had to test a lot of this shit along the way, who's to say something wouldn't go wrong during testing? Why wouldn't he build safety mechanisms before then? It's not like he did this all in a week and everything worked perfectly the first time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.