[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any shows similar to a The Might boosh? I really enjoy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
Are there any shows similar to a The Might boosh? I really enjoy the style and the comedy is also refreshing.

>also: favorite characters/ lines/ episodes
>>
>>70119725
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmNTtJ-OPI
Noel fielding summed up
>>
>>70119776
Mighty Boosh had actually funny character comedy that wasn't just lolrandom, although I suspect that was the other guy's influence.
>>
Julian Barratt carried this show, Noel Fielding is a hack
>>
>>70119818
>>70119885
this. noel fielding's luxury comedy made it painfully clear
>>
League of Gentlemen is much darker, and less musical, but still packs a lot of wackiness.

Fav song: Spider Lovin'
Fav character: Spirit of Jazz
Fav episode: Nightmare of Milky Joe
>>
>>70119776
It's the truth but also very obvious and sort of the point of his projects- it's just him opening up the box and being himself in the moment and people enjoy the novelty of his brain.

>>70119885
>>70119818
Noel contributed the overall style of the show, all of it was his art.
>>
I saw Noel's live show in LA this year, it was fantastic. Check out Luxury Comedy
>>
I'm not sure if Snuff Box is as close to what you want, but it's a really enjoyable show and has some of the same actors.
>>
>>70119979
ECKSKOOD BEEF
>>
IM OLD GREGG

SPOOKY SPOOKY SPOOKY SPOOKY MONKEY SITTING IN MY FLAT HE'S A PRIMATE JUNKIE OOOOOH OOOOOOH AAAAAAH
>>
>>70119725
literally 16 starter kit show
>>
snuff box
nathan barley
garth marenghi's darkplace
>>
>>70119885
I agree that Julian was stronger, but I think they worked really well together and The Mighty Boosh is what we get when they're combined. I don't think it's fair to say that one carried the show over the other.
>>
Glam Metal Detectives
>>
Second series of Danger 5. (First series is also great, but is more of straight parody)
>>
>>70120013

Head Artist and head writer are a common duo, like venture bros.
>>
>>70119725

Why has Julian barratt dine jack shit since Boosh ended? Great actor. Great for his 10 seconds in field in england
>>
>>70119725
I hear eating lead paint chips is like watching that show
>>
>>70120168
Was he the commander on top of the horse who dies right at the start of the movie?
>>
>>70120168
Check out flowers M8
>>
>>70120175
Your ears MUST be so smart Chaya dingus

>>70120142
>>70120142
>>70120131
>>70120090

>>70120088
Wada ya mean space cowboy?
>>
>>70120289
Sorry, meant to thank the guys in the big cite block.

Thanks for the recommendations.
>>
File: HellHitler.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
HellHitler.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>70119725
Danger 5's second season is the best i can think of
>>
>>70120048
i love everything matt berry has been in, after IT crowd i went on a binge and devoured darkplace, snuff box, toast of london, all of which was fantastic

mighty boosh was the only show that i couldn't watch because of how reddit it was
>>
>>70119725
The Goodies
>>
>>70119885
I'll have to check out Noel's show, but I thought this was the case.
>>
>>70124652
This.
>>
>>70119725

The Young Ones has a similar thing going on
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.