[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good? I want to watch a new series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: justified.jpg (44 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
justified.jpg
44 KB, 1000x562
Is this any good? I want to watch a new series
>>
Yes, watch till the end too.
>>
>>70109224
It's great, but it gets a little up its own ass in seasons 4 and 5. Season 6 is awesome though.

also the first seven-ish episodes are almost entirely episodic.
>>
>>70109224

It's an enjoyable ride. 8.5/10. Telekino.
>>
No. It's Breaking Bad with cowboys, complete with all the shitty, over-the-top villains and le epic one-liners, except intensified. It's the definition of a meme show.
>>
>>70109358
this was much much better than Breaking Bad and its horrific plot contrivances
>>
>>70109562
Right, because Justified never had plot contrivances, right?

>le country black man shows up to save the day and chop off the villain's arm at the last second
>>
Yes. Very enjoyable watch.
>>
>>70110061
That isn't even close to how the scene went you fucking loser.
>>
>>70110315
Probably not. The show is so unmemorable, I don't really remember how it went down.
>>
>>70110356
Thanks for admitting your shitty memory and get the fuck out of my face any time.
>>
>>70110384
>le edgy internet tough guy
Totally the type of person who enjoys Justified.
>>
>>70111132
Keep testing me.
>>
>>70111155
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
>>
>>70109224
season 2 was wonderful.
>>
I love it. My favorite show now that I think back on it. Only cable show I wish was longer, with 22 episode seasons with filler that had nothing to do with the main story just so I could watch the main characters bant and shoot.
>>
>>70109224
It's good.
>>
>>70109224
Breddy good show. Bought the box set and binged it.
I guess being from KY adds my liking of it. The only thing that pisses me off about it. Its filmed in California and not Kentucky and Lexington, Frankfort and Harlan look nothing like how they portray them
>>
>>70111265
>doesn't have amazon prime, where the entire series is up for free
>doesn't live in california

I just wanted to laugh at you before you inevitably kill yourself
>>
>>70109358
>entertainment is a meme
mad men faggot detected
>>
File: studioproductionmap.png (202 KB, 550x581) Image search: [Google]
studioproductionmap.png
202 KB, 550x581
>>70111265
I grew up in the foothills where they filmed Justified so I always just lol when they try to claim it's Kentucky but hey that's been going on for generations now
>>
The first three seasons are GOAT. Then it slowly descends into a Sons of Anarchy shitshow, until the last 20 minutes which is the best series finale of the last 10 years.

You'll never leave Harlan alive.They dug coal.
>>
>>70111315
Have amazon prime but never used prime video until recently. Got the box set for only $30 so who really cares.
>living in commiefornia
cuck
>>
I've watched 4 episodes of season 1. Does it get better? Because right now it feels like I'm watching CSI.
>>
>>70111380
>spent $30 on a series he could have watched for free
>living in literally the shittiest state in the country
>calling other people cucks

I recommend a bullet to the head. It's quick.
>>
>>70111341
muh coal
>>
>>70111401
Season 1 is mostly pretty trash but it gets better toward the middle of the season
Seasons 2-6 are all pretty damn fantastic in my opinion, you just have to slug through it. I gave up on the show when it first aired and my brother pretty much forced me to give it another shot and I'm really glad I did.
>>
>>70111424
>no smog laws
>hardly any gun laws
>muh burbon
>cheap cost of living
>hardly any natural disasters
>>
>>70111401

I think the turning point is Boyd's return
>>
>>70110061
Wasn't that at the country black man's resteraunt? I don't think contrivance means what you think it means.
>>
>>70109224
I watched up to season 3 and stopped out of lazyness

it's good
>>
>raylan is a loose cannon that keeps disobeying orders. if i find out he was involved in nicky augustine's death, he's done
>i got shot lol, who cares
doesn't it bother anybody else that they built up how raylan was going to be investigated and then just dropped it out of the blue? he should have lost his badge at the very least
>>
>>70111592

They spent the whole season teasing Quarles hidden gun and Limehouse's cleaver.
>>
boyd did nothing wrong
>>
>>70111718

He did everything wrong
>>
>>70111758
shut up dewey crowe
>>
>>70111782
Oh, you don't think I'll shoot? I WILL shoot, like I shot Wade Messer.
>>
>>70111499
yeah, and all you have to do is live in a backwards, hot, tornado-infested shithole surrounded by retards.

I hear the porch benches are mighty entertaining out there.
>>
>>70111782

I meant he screwed up a lot.
>>
>>70111837
>lives in sjw infested hellhole
>calls others backwards
reddit is down the hall and to the right, don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>
>>70111782
You mean I had four kidneys?
-Dewey Crowe
>>
>>70111987
What's the matter cowboy, just recently acquire Internet connection down in the boonies and became uncontrollably enraged after learning that your mom lied to you and not all of our dads are also our uncles?
>>
>>70109224
Do you like hats and guns?
Then hell yes it's good.
>>
>>70109358
>>70110061

The show is self aware, these things don't detract from it.

Things like the arm chop are supposed to make you laugh at how over the top it was.

OP: It's not perfect, but it's def a fun series and worth seeing.
>>
>>70115221
A piggy bank!
>>
RAYLAN GIVENS AS I LIVE AND BREATHE
>>
>>70111424
Not everyone is a poorfag like you, anon. Some of us have jobs so 30dlls is nothing really.
>>
Mags best villain.
>>
File: it's never too early.jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
it's never too early.jpg
8 KB, 225x224
>>
>>70111265
I was so disappointed to find out. The ending of the show had "thank you to the town and people of Harlan" and then I fucking looked it up. Makes sense, I should have noticed; it just makes me feel less like rewatching
>>
>>70115510
There is never a point where you're so rich that it's suddenly not stupid to waste money.
>>
>>70111499
California isn't cheap
>>
Didn't think I'd enjoy justified like I did, gave it a shot, got past the first season, then became entirely engrossed in Wynn Duffy and all the glory that is season 2.

Does the show ever reach season 2 levels of greatness again? No. But there's a lot of great dialogue and characters in each season. It's no deadwood, but it's quality well written television.
>>
WELL WELL WELL IF IT ISNT MY OLD FRIEND RAYMOND GIBBONS WHAT BRINGS YOU IN HARLAN RAYMOND GIBBONS?
>>
Justified was a great show, loved getting to watch it with the same ~40 anons every week
>>
>>70117789
Well, shit. I guess I deleted it. But I was gonna post the Ha ha! Time for Justified pic
>>
>There will never be a Boon spin off call UnJustified
>>
>>70118389
>in which he marries Loretta
Oh wait.
>>
File: tim.gif (537 KB, 498x251) Image search: [Google]
tim.gif
537 KB, 498x251
>>
>>70118458

I wish the show had more Tim, Art, and Rachel.
>>
File: primary_goggins-justified3.jpg (116 KB, 800x568) Image search: [Google]
primary_goggins-justified3.jpg
116 KB, 800x568
>>70109224
>Is this any good?

It's among the top 10 best shows of all time. 10/10 even in filler episodes. Award worthy performances by the entire cast with pic related shining as one of the most complicated villains[/spoilers] ever.

Much better than constipated try hard shows like The Sopranos or The Shield.
>>
>>70118699

It was a fun show but always built up to the finale.

It always felt like people were going to draw their guns and just start shooting. Loved it.
>>
>>70111758
Says the man who got thrown out of Boyd's bible camp for jerking off too much.
>>
>>70109224
Yeah it's one of the best shows of the 10s.
>>
>>70109358
you literally posted this at least once before

i'm gonna kick your fucking teeth in if I ever find you

and I won't even go to prison because it'll be justified
>>
File: 1399762917371.gif (2 MB, 294x270) Image search: [Google]
1399762917371.gif
2 MB, 294x270
>>70119407
>because it'll be justified
>>
>>70118600
Rachel was so cute. That early episode where she put on Raylan's hat was amazing.
Then she became chief. And it was even better. She was boss.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.