[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Armond White's review of Captai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: critic.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
What does /tv/ think of Armond White's review of Captain America: Civil War?

Is contrarian of course
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down?target=author&tid=1152026
>>
No real valid criticisms of the movie itself, when he actually stops interjecting shit he already believes about unrelated things the same shit can be applied to Batman v Superman which he loves.
>>
>>70109545
Are all his reviews like this?
>>
>>70109083
It's nice to read an actual review from a guy who actually understand the language of cinema
Instead of reading : PLOT HOLES!!!! ITS FUNNNN!!! XD reviews
>>
He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Speed Racer
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.
>>
He's a proud DCuck so who cares
>>
> Civil War exploits recent political trends such as Black Lives Matter. Black actress Alfre Woodard appears as a grieving mother who blames Stark — standing in for the Military Industrial Complex — for the death of her child, a promising youth with a 3.6 grade-point average.

>Woodard’s “Who’s going to avenge my son?” shamelessly taps the illusion of Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, and Tamir Rice as Boy Scouts and potential Rhodes scholars. That’s way out of bounds

Pure shitpostkino
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>70110806
holy shit, I swear he must of posted this.
>>
>>70110458
Yea pretty much
>>
>>70110662
Girl with the Dragon tattoo was a legit bad film. It's not even then actors / directors fault ...it's based on a terrible source material (which they choose to adhere to close to)
>>
>>70109083
Why do you guys always post this picture of Denzel Washington, is it a meme?
>>
>>70110806
>implying he's not right about this. Why was it a black America kid with a bright future instead of some slav? Unles Black Mama was Zemo in a "Black mama" mask!!!!
>>
He's right.
>>
>>70111206
Who are you quoting?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.