[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching a war movie/series >trying to recognize and differentiate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: E9gLO5c.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
E9gLO5c.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>watching a war movie/series
>trying to recognize and differentiate the different protags despite their helmet and their great number
>sticking for some of them in particular
>feeling hotwaves when one is in danger
>starring in desbelief when one of them die
>tfw your fav makes it out alive

Why are war movies and tv series so comfy?

The epic (not in the meme sense of the term) soundtracks.
This feeling of palpable dread like the smell of ozone during a damp summer evening, just after a thunderstorm.
The unescapable bittersweet endings...
>>
>western side
>"""""war""""""

lol
>>
File: 1464193434398.jpg (79 KB, 278x443) Image search: [Google]
1464193434398.jpg
79 KB, 278x443
is that geralt?
>>
>>70106902
Calm down Ivan. Maybe one day, Holywood will get desperate enough to make another movie on the eastern front like Ennemy at the gates.

Sorry but it just isn't interesting enough.
>>
>>70106878
Platoon is really comfy, you should give it a watch.
>>
>>70107127
I've never seen it, thanks for the recommendation, friendo.
>>
>>70107118
fuck you
>>
Reminder that in reality the bravest soldiers died, and that is why Europe and Japan are so cowardly now.

>>70107187
How is that even possible?
>>
>>70107332
Well it's one of those movies that are on my watchlist but that I never had the occasion to watch.

Oh and this is a shit argument. During all wars, brave men died just as much as cowardly men. And bravery isn't a genetical trait, it comes from education and empirical knowledge. You are not born brave, you become brave. That's why there will never be a shortage a brave people.

The fall of the West is due to others reasons, even if the pussyfication of the population is also part of the issue.
>>
>>70106878
Is a band of brothers good? I've heard good things about it from friends.
>>
>>70107706
Yes
>>
>>70107706
Yes it's really good.

It's basically in the continuity of Saving Private Ryan. It has the same feel to it. If you liked the movie you will like the series. I would argue that the series is even better since there is more depth. Action scenes are on par with the movie.

And if you're hungry for more, there is The Pacific.
>>
>>70107706
Close this tab and go and watch it now, and turn the sound up. Also the first ep. is the setup, once the get in-country it fucking on chap.
>>
>>70107854
>>70107774
Thanks for the insight bros. I've been wanting to watch good war drama/action after binging Vietnam movies and watching Saving Private Ryan.
>>
>>70107332
Europe, Japan and the US are so cowardly because of media propaganda for the west, and as part of their asian culture for Japan
>>
File: 1462598743090.jpg (83 KB, 319x340) Image search: [Google]
1462598743090.jpg
83 KB, 319x340
>>70107258
it's okay, you can just watch Enemy at the Gates over and over and over again while the rest of us watch the only side of the war that really mattered :^)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.