[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: durotan_by_yy6242-d83qj74.png (774 KB, 900x786) Image search: [Google]
durotan_by_yy6242-d83qj74.png
774 KB, 900x786
Just got back from the premiere of Warcraft, AMA

Overall I'd rate it a 6.5/10, acting should have been better on humans part, story advancing way too quickly, other than that it was pretty good.
>>
watching the stuff on khadgar makes me not want to watch this at all. Lothar looks pretty awful as well.
>>
>>70099979

how awful was the cgi
>>
>>70100055
Early reviews say the cgi(aka the orcs) were the best part of the movie. Ironically the reviews say the human aspect of the film is the weakest part by far
>>
>>70100055

CGI was mostly very good, sometimes the humans looked out of place, but they did it right for most of the scenes.

>>70100048

Indeed, their acting should have been better, and at a few points it was jarring, overall though I'd say it's worth a watch

>>70100171

This is my opinion aswell.
>>
>>70099979
>>70100208
Do you want to see a sequel?
>>
>>70100251

I'm hoping they make enough dosh that they'll go for a sequel, aye.
>>
>>70100338
i hope duncan gets another shot. He genuinely seems passionate about the franchise. I also hope they correct what they did with the humans, maybe recast some of the main human characters
>>
>>70100441
I think I understand why he casts a lot of crappy actors for the main human roles.

A lot of these characters die or simply are no longer relevant in late Warcraft stories (Warcraft 3 and up)

>>70100338
Do you think critics will continue hating it? I really don't want to live in a world where a shitty iPhone app is tracking better than Warcraft. It feels so wrong and surreal.
>>
>>70100583

I think the ratings will go up, the current reviews are not reflective of the quality.

One thing I'll say is that it would be very hard to follow what is going on for anyone that's not invested in the lore, which may be a problem.
>>
>>70100660
>One thing I'll say is that it would be very hard to follow what is going on for anyone that's not invested in the lore, which may be a problem.
Can people get invested though? That's the problem.

I didn't understand shit about LOTR when it first came out, but I realized that there is a bigger world out there which got me interested. Can Warcraft give off a similar ooze?
>>
Are u warcraft fan or non-fan ?
>>
No one but autists will care if it's good or bad. Millions will buy tickets and it will literally print money prompting the studio to make more of the same. Nothing will be learned from its mistakes and the world cinema will keep on plunging farther and farther down the mediocrity abyss.

See: every blockbuster ever.
>>
>>70099979
How good was Medivh?

Ben Foster is based as fuck and criminally underrated imo. Hoping he did well.
>>
>Make warcraft movie
>Start at the period of the franchise where it was hot dog shit
>People getting asspained that it gets low ratings

It'll be a miracle if it makes it to Warcraft 3, but that also means we have to endure more garbage until it gets there.
>>
>>70100784

I can't really say, I'm a fan so I'm not able to put myself into that position.

>>70100968

His acting was suffering a lot from 'neutral face and little or no emotions', if that was because of the director or his acting, I don't know.
>>
>>70101006
Warcraft 1's story is better than Warcraft 3's emo arthas story.
>>
>>70101443
>M-M-muh orks and hoomans
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.