[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alice Through the Looking Glass is performing softer than expecting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Alice Through the Looking Glass is performing softer than expecting, heading for a $40m US 4-day weekend. By contrast, the first film opened to $110m. The film also $170m budget, so it's heading to be a big bomb for Disney.

Who didn't see this coming? The first film make a shitton of money thanks to 3D hype but was fucking trash, and this sequel was years too late.
>>
>the sequel literally no one wanted isn't doing too good

oh thank jesus
>>
>Alice Through the Looking Glass is performing softer than expecting

Good. Get fucked.

They cancelled Tron 3 for that shit.
>>
But I thought that Disney paid for good reviews. Wouldn't it make more sense to do that for movies like this instead of guaranteed money makers like Star Wars and Marvel movies?
>>
>>70095843
Not even Disney could stop the downfall of Johnny Debt
>>
>>70095843
Marvel literally just consistently make decent light action films that don't get bogged down with grimdark taking-themselves-too-seriously or run for 170 minutes of tedious unmemorable endless CGI setpieces.
>>
>>70095720
Did they? I thought they cancelled it because Tomorrowland didn't do so good.
>>
File: amber heard feet.jpg (152 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
amber heard feet.jpg
152 KB, 1920x800
How much money is Amber getting paid to JUST Johnny on the week of Alice's release? Which competing studio is paying her?
>>
>>70096204
Pretty sure Alice 2 didn't need any outside help to tank

BUT IF THEY DID, IT WOULD SURELY BE FOX
>>
>>70096129
tomorrowland made them think people didn't want scifi, so they went back to what made a billion and shat out a sequel to that.
>>
File: Untitled.png (315 KB, 683x488) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
315 KB, 683x488
>>70096129
fuck Disney.
>>
>>70096340
Maybe Alice 2 bombing will convince them that people don't want sequels to terrible films.
>>
>>70095250
Fuck this
Nice Guys should be making 90 million!!

>tfw we won't get a sequel because Nice Guys needed to clear 3.5 billion domestically in the first weekend to JUST break even
>>
>>70095843
You can't bribe a terrible film to be good. You can only bribe mediocre films to get good scores
They are critics, not miracle workers
>>
>>70096056
>marvel films don't have tedious Cgi set pieces

Literally every marvel film should edited down to 80 minutes because the action set pieces of almost always horrible and bloated
>>
>>70095250
>X-Men
>Olivia Munn as Psylocke

No thanks.
>>
>>70099971
She is one of the least terrible things about that movie
>>
>>70099944
I think they're pretty good. They are nowhere near as bad as something like the later Pirates films, Alice in Wonderland or something like Into Darkness where they're just throwing endless meaningless action shit for most of the film.
>>
File: 1450320996407.jpg (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450320996407.jpg
53 KB, 400x400
>>70095250
I hate them for fucking with Alice. I read that when I was a kid and all they ever do is shit all over it.
>>
>>70095250
>heading for a $40m US 4-day weekend
it is still too much money, this shit needs to flop harder.
>>
>>70101412
Nah, $40m really isn't much for this sort of film, especially since they've spent a fortune on advertising.
>>
>>70100501
Russo Bros are the only Marvel drones who can direct a half way decent action sequence (they are still edited to shit for some odd reason)
The stairwell scene in Civil War was really well done.
The air port scene was dumb but fun (which was the point I suppose)

Still gotta knock it off with shaky cam quick cut garbage and over reliance on CGI
>>
>>70100069
She's hardly what I call one of the highlights, either.
She just stands around for the most part.
No character whatsoever.
>>
>>70104385
>She just stands around for the most part.
Which puts her miles ahead of J Law and Sophie Turner
>>
>>70103382
I don't get excited when a marvel movie comes out, but I can watch it.

It's engaging enough that I don't mind watching it.

That other shit is actually bad-and it requires you to pay attention to make sure it's bad.
>>
>>70096851
Business dude.
It's a miracle disney did a sequel to the original tron on the first place
>>
File: kb.jpg (572 KB, 3600x2700) Image search: [Google]
kb.jpg
572 KB, 3600x2700
>>70095250
that will teach them.

should've done a prequel with qt young alice instead
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.