[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Joel is only back as a producer. >No Mike, Frank, Bridget,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: MST3K.png (155 KB, 506x280) Image search: [Google]
MST3K.png
155 KB, 506x280
>Joel is only back as a producer.
>No Mike, Frank, Bridget, Mary, Kevin, Josh, Trace, Bill, Paul, or Jim.
>Crow is preformed by a stand up comedian
>Tom is preformed by a black guy.
>Gypsy may not be coming back.
>Completely revamped cast.
Holy shit, it's going to suck, /tv/
>>
>felicia day
>>
>>70068477
>Paton Oswald.
>>
File: Dr F and TV's Frank.jpg (11 KB, 385x200) Image search: [Google]
Dr F and TV's Frank.jpg
11 KB, 385x200
>>70068402

What tipped you off?

Real MST3K died when Trace left. It was on life support after Frank left, because he knew how to perfectly pick a riffable movie.

Also, Josh? If you're reading this? Nobody ever misses you.
>>
>>70068592
>What tipped you off?
I would assume all of the things he listed, dum-dum.
>>
>>70068592
MST3K was good until the end. Prince of Space, Puma Man, Invasion of the Neptune Men, Space Mutiny, Merlin, etc. were all after Trace.
>>
File: Nuvena.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Nuvena.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>70068667

It's too much angry Kevin screaming at the movie. They should have tapped him out when Bill came along.
>>
File: Mitchell.jpg (39 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
Mitchell.jpg
39 KB, 680x478
>>70068667

Notable exceptions from the Sci-Fi era (also Overdrawn at the Memory Bank) but the licensing limitations really showed in those years.

You could never have Comedy Central era gems like "Angel's Revenge," "Catalina Caper" or the illustrious crown jewel "Mitchell" on Sci-Fi.
>>
>>70068708
That was happening since the series started. Infact, it was the premise of the show.
>>
>basically no funny comments
>better off watching the movie without their commentary

Why is it so overrated?
>>
>>70068592
The in between segments were terrible after Joel left, but the movie riffing got better.
>>
>>70068708
>Kevin screaming

There really wasn't a lot of that. In fact, whenever he did, it was usually really funny.

>>70068814
>Exceptions

If I listed out all of the good 8-10 episodes it'd be the same as any season post 3.
>>
File: On set MST3K.jpg (51 KB, 565x338) Image search: [Google]
On set MST3K.jpg
51 KB, 565x338
>>70068936

Kevin's braggadocious pomp and snark slowly devolved into a an arrogant spite towards anything and everything.

The tipping point is probably around when the movie came out.

>We're gonna be famous!
>>
>>70069042
Joel's whole thing was the invention exchange, cause he was a prop comic.
>>
>>70068978
Because You're a retarded contrarian faggot
>>
>reboot something from the 80s/90s
>it turns out to be shit

I'm shocked
>>
>>70069095
He screamed a lot before then too, you dingus. Wild World of Batwoman is a prime example.
>>
File: Classic MST3K.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Classic MST3K.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>70069108

Invention exchanges were rarely "funny" more like "oh, that's cute." Great visual gags early on for the kids before the movie puts them out.

Mystery Science Theater used to air every weeknight at midnight on CC, and was perfect for putting hyperactive kids asleep.
>>
File: Crow looks fantastic.png (1 MB, 888x744) Image search: [Google]
Crow looks fantastic.png
1 MB, 888x744
Check out what I bought.
>>
>>70069245
My mom owns a Crow too! Who'd you buy yours from
>>
>>70068592
Trace was a great writer, but his replacement Bill Corbett was just as good.
>>
>>70068814
>the licensing limitations really showed in those years
Didn't the Sci-Fi Channel force the producers to only pick movies that were sci-fi/fantasy related?

Also Catalina Caper is one of the worst episodes, and a good case study for why bad comedies can't be enjoyed ironically
>>
File: Trace.gif (2 MB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Trace.gif
2 MB, 500x345
>>70070111

I have no problem with Bill, and actually think he's the funniest one on Rifftrax, but Trace is the definitive Crow.

Not to mention, Pearl is completely unwatchable. Sorry Mary Jo.
>>
File: CjZoAqKUoAA2kIC[1].jpg (38 KB, 516x518) Image search: [Google]
CjZoAqKUoAA2kIC[1].jpg
38 KB, 516x518
Fuck you guys, I backed the Kickstarter just to spite you. It's probably gonna be decent. And if not there's always Rifftrax.

>>70068402
Paul will be writing for the new show, not that anyone cares about him.
>>
I DON'T THINK ON SOUL BROTHERS
>>
Beat PunchBeef

Big, Brave Brick of Meat

Big McLargeHuge

Blast HardCheese

Blast ThickNeck

Crud BoneMeal

Crunch ButtSteak
Punch Side-Iron

Punt SpeedChunk

BOB JOHNSON.....No wait.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.