[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suzanne got so fucking butthurt that Karl would start pulling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15
File: happy karl.jpg (68 KB, 518x704) Image search: [Google]
happy karl.jpg
68 KB, 518x704
Suzanne got so fucking butthurt that Karl would start pulling some tail on the side now so she told him she hates it.
>>
Its hard to listen to those later episodes where Ricky Gervais is baiting a regular non celebrity into stating his opinions and then laughing at him. He's just a normal guy, of course he's going to think differently than a philosophy major who can't even articulate the points he tries to make
>>
To whomever posted those "early XFM years" podcasts from 1998, thank you

>it's a "let's find a blind date for the google-eyed freak" episode
>It's a "Ricky calls his mum and makes her curse" episode

And how to forget

>"Tip the scale" family game
>>
>>70058132
>Ricky calls his mum
Link? Never heard this
>>
>>70058171
XFM 1998 Tapes
http://www.mediafire.com/?7pk8nx422a99d3i
http://www.mediafire.com/?bdu9jkbkzx3txen
>>
Look at the freaky goggle eye

Anyone know what ep this is from? Ricky takes the piss out of Steve in an Italian accent.
>>
>>70058246
thx bbz
>>
>>70058251
its one of the sturgess episodes

check the pilkipedia website, they have transcipts of all the episodes
>>
>that one episode in season 2 that still has the all the songs in it because the guy who made them all fucked up that episode
>>
>>70058251
>>70058359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHjL3UjdxNQ

37 mins into this
>>
>it's a Steve tells an anecdote episode
>it's a Ricky tries to explain biology or philosophy episode
>it's a Karl takes up 90 percent of the episode episode
>>
>>70058413
>not loving the darkness and Bruce Springsteen
>>
>It's a Ricky laughs at his mum after she falls into a pond episode
>>
>>70058413
You talking s2e04? That got taken off youtube and replaced with a proper edit. Which is kind of sad, id be okay with listening to the tunes
>>
>It's a Karl having a go at Steve episode
>>
>>70058581
Yeah I wish I could find them
With the songs left in so I can listen to them like a proper radio show.
>>
>>70058654
>HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN
>>
>>70057789
to be fair he sent her that ridiculous looking pic IIRC
>>
>>70057789
i agree
she fucked his happiness here
>>
>>70058417
Fucking lol. See the freak. Look at his freaky goggle eye
>>
>It's a "Steve is defeated by peer pressure and lets a pig ride on his parent's car" episode

>It's a "Steve finds his dorm maid goofing around on his shoes" episode

Those stories are so full of shit, it's Rickydiculous.
>>
>>70058798
>its a "steve tells an obviously well rehearsed and exaggerated and uninteresting and overly long story about something that happened to him years ago" episode
>>
>>70058881
>it's a Steve retells the same story on a different episode and even the references and idioms he uses are the same episode
>>
He looks so much younger with hair. He can pass for a 30 year old even though he's 40 in that pic. He has pretty good genes apart from balding really.
>>
File: 1448060008016.gif (932 KB, 253x197) Image search: [Google]
1448060008016.gif
932 KB, 253x197
>It's a "Steve gets casted in a snuff film" episode
>It's a "Dr Foxie mistakenly blurts out a hint about Jimmy Saville's pedo ring on air" episode
>It's a "Ricky gets caught having an erection while dissing at Karl" episode

Wew lad
>>
>it's a Ricky masturbating about the thought of spending time with J Ross episode
>it's a Steve crying inside for not being invited to Ricky's birthday episode
>it's a Karl bullying episode about stuffing burgers in his mouth
>>
>>70059323
>it's a Steve crying inside for not being invited to Ricky's birthday episode

This was downright mean, even if Steve can be a pompous weirdo. Why wouldn't he be invited to the party (or any other event where Ricky brought only Karl along?)
>>
File: lol.jpg (47 KB, 396x386) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
47 KB, 396x386
>it's a Steve gets cucked by Martin Wells episode
>>
>>70059323
In my mind the whole series is pre burger stuffing and post burger stuffing. Karl never talked about them or treated them the same after that
>>
>>70059438
You got examples of that?

I always listen to the episodes in random orders so I cant really think of any examples of the top of my head
>>
>it's a Karl calls Steve and invalid episode
>>
>>70059421

Steve is a cheapskate.

Ricky was sending him a message that if he doesn't start showing up with good presents, he ain't getting invited.

Same reason Ricky didn't get him a trip on Virgin Galactic.
>>
>>70059493
I listened to all of them across a two month period but what stands out most in my mind is the first pre Christmas episode where Karl got them gifts and they sounded genuinely touched. After the burger/grape episode he got genuinely bitter and for good reason. It just seemed like it had become less of a "mates having a laugh at their dumb friend" and more of a "poor kid hangs out with bullies because they toss him a dollar after performing for them" situation
>>
>Karl says something strange
>Ricky begins to chuckle quietly
>Karl says something completely stupid and mental
>Ricky explodes with deafening screeching cackling and maybe falls off his chair

fuck i love that episode
>>
He doesn't want to do any more podcasts or be famous

It's time to let go /tv/
>>
>>70059645

I don't get it?

So did Karl get them a good present for christmas, then they got him a burger/grapes for his birthday in return?
>>
>>70059920
link
>>
>>70059195
>>It's a "Ricky gets caught having an erection while dissing at Karl" episode

What????
>>
>>70059645

in my mind, it's clear Steve becomes jealous of Karl's relationship with Ricky around season 2. it starts with "you two spend so much time together now" and ends up in just bitterness. But Steve isn't a bad guy, it's his lack of self-stem that makes him crave Ricky's attention and success most of the time.

Karl could throw some banter at Steve, but at the end of the day he's there for you, while Ricky is that bully who would punch you in the stomach and say "it's just a prank bro". An insufferable asshole with no real empathy for anyone, friendship to him was just "who can entertain me the most?". and you can see that in the way he portraits strange characters in his shows, from Extras to Derek.

i really fucking hate Ricky Gervais.
>>
Alright kirsty?
>>
>>70059962

no. it was just Ricky being a bully and an asshole out of bitterness for not winning some radio award thing. you know, those awards he "doesn't care about".
>>
You mean her fanny?
>>
>>70060055

relax, LMAO.
>>
>>70059962
Theres one episode where they read through the Guinness Book of Records and are looking through the eating world records. They get the idea to have Karl attempt to beat some against his will. One is the most whole burgers stuffed inside someones mouth and the other is most grapes eaten in a minute.
>>
Honestly the dynamic between the three of them is really fascinating. You can listen to the XFM shows from Season 1 to Season 5 and watch their relationship change. Steve gets more jealous and bitter but masks it as a joke. Karl is genuinely quite happy and quiet in the beginning, but towards the end of the series he seems tired and annoyed. Ricky just gets more insufferable.
>>
>Its a steve makes a joke at Karls expense and Karl blows him the fuck out episode.
>>
File: rg.jpg (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rg.jpg
78 KB, 500x375
>>
http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=34436.870

honestly reading Derek threads on this place and Pilkipedia is my favorite thing.

ricky getting BTFO and most people I know praising this piece of shit for being "brilliant" just fuels my hate.
>>
> they never sent him up on those balloons

I really wanted this to happen. Ricky would have been beside himself. He probably would of had a heart attack.
>>
>It's a Ricky never takes public transport episode
>>
>its a steve nips rounds to McDonald's to buy burgers to shove in Karl mouth episode
>>
the adversarial relationship between ricky and karl is like exhibit a in the case that political correctness is just a way for the elite to malign the lower and middle classes
>>
File: 1446512163568.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1446512163568.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
>>70057789

It was actually a bit heartbreaking seeing him have to remove the hair piece.
When he saw himself with it on, that's the first time i remember seeing him genuinely smile
>>
>>70058798
>it's a Karl retells the same story but this time it happened to his dad instead of to him episode
enjoyed these shows a lot more when I didn't know they were scripted
>>
>>70061914
Nice to meet you ken
>>
love karl threads
>>
>It's a Karl owes Steve 50p episode
>>
>>70062214
>tfw Steve was actually in the right but was a complete dick about it
>>
.....man moth?
>>
Did Steve and Ricky really fall out or is that just a rumor?
>>
File: 1410023323249.jpg (33 KB, 507x717) Image search: [Google]
1410023323249.jpg
33 KB, 507x717
>it's a KP thread
>>
File: kp .jpg (160 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
kp .jpg
160 KB, 960x1280
Karl noticed me senpai
>>
>problem with 'er marrow
>>
>>70061626
I think you might be a retard
>>
>No, I wasn't slagging Steve. If you get it out on DVD tonight, you'll know I'm not slagging you off - it could be your brother. All right?
>>
>>70061459
People in this thread have been saying he totally changed after that episode. Which one is it exactly?

Do you really think they sort of, traumatised him?
>>
>>70060750
"....Steve."
>>
File: 1436551180799.png (268 KB, 389x581) Image search: [Google]
1436551180799.png
268 KB, 389x581
>Its a 'Sound Effect Rockbusters' episode

Scares the shit out of me at 3am
>>
CONGRESS TART
>>
>>70058132
>it's a Jezoc episode
>>
>tfw the early Karl episodes probably still exist in the Capital archive and we'll never hear them
>>
>>70061755
whats it from
>>
>>70063811
Fucking hell. That Smack my bitch up one is terrifying.
>>
File: karl shocked.jpg (6 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
karl shocked.jpg
6 KB, 400x225
Anyone know where this is from?
>>
File: men in black 2.jpg (79 KB, 1012x416) Image search: [Google]
men in black 2.jpg
79 KB, 1012x416
>>70058654
best episodes desu
>>
Imagine seeing these two out in public.
>>
>>70064849
I get why Karl freaked out when he first met Steve
>>
>>70064849
all men past 35 should be required to have at least some scruff on their face

saggy jowls never look good
>>
>>70064566
looks like madem tusso's 2015 exhibit to me.
>>
@70065259 You
>>
File: herpes.jpg (160 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
herpes.jpg
160 KB, 1080x1920
>>70065259
herpes AND a meth problem, jesus get your shit together you tranny.
>>
>>70064566
Moaning of Life - Series 2 Episode 6
>>
>>70065126
>>70065333
It's not. It's from a documentary but I don't know which one.
>>
>>70065743
Its from the moaning of life. It was the ass reader german guy from the episode anon said.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.