[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
What went wrong?
>>
like every decent show, it didn't end after 1-3 seasons.
>>
It was greenlit.
>>
>>70040412
Killed Brian.
Woman writers.
>>
Everything after Trinity was shit
>>
>>70040860
>le Dexter finds a killing friend but this time it's John Lithgow and he says cunt season
Nope, wasn't good. Unmeme yourself.
>>
>>70040412
Too much focus on season arcing villains. Not enough focus on dexter attempting to keep his secret from others.

Season 1 and 2 were pulsepounding because of how close he came to being caught multiple times. When they killed off doakes, they needed to add a new foil. Someone that dexter always needed to watch out for and plan around.

Every season after the 3rd dexter had the upper hand against everyone, the villian did not know who he truely was. ITK, doakes, and jimmy smitts all knew.
>>
>>70040412
American TV
inb4 sitcom writers wrecked Jeff Lindsey's masterpiece.
The novels are 100x series
>>
>>70040412

Season 2-whatever was the last
>>
>>70040412
Showtime doesn't know when to end a show.
>>
>>70040412
>What went wrong?

rita died because of him, he stopped being likeable once he started killing innocent people for fun, and he fucked up everyone else's life around him because he couldn't control his urges.

his character went from a sympathetic serial killer who killed bad people to a sociopathic, childish piece of shit.
>>
>>70041355
yup
>>
season 4 was the best, and it should have ended with that. There was no reason to go on, they already peaked.
>>
>>70040812

This. Brian was the best parr of the show (best villian, story and season), so naturally it could only go downhill aftee that.

I watched the series with my family, and we had the idea that the show would be better if the Ice Truck Killer was a background threat through the entire series, and Rudy was here and there and then was with Deb for a few seasons, playing a long game, then at the end of the series it would focus on Brian as the very last villian.

But whatever, make him a crazy lumberjack at the end instead.
>>
File: bullshit.gif (43 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.gif
43 KB, 350x262
>mfw they killed off Doakes
That was some bullshit.
I loved how he was the only one to see through Dexters bullshit and call him out for the freak he was.
I kept waiting for them to bring him back, but..
>>
Every season without rita is shit she was such a qt milf
even though she was a cunt sometimtes
>that breadmaker scene
>>
it became incredibly formulaic. Each season he gets into trouble, then just about makes it out. Also each season has a villain that gets killed by the end. It became obvious early on that this will constantly happen. S4 was good though.

I remember I was watching it on and off when I had nothing else until season 6, then one episode before the finale I stopped because it was so horrible.
>>
>>70040412
Some guy explained it to me years ago. Basically all the good writers left, and the bad writers hired their friends (they all happened to be women).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.