[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awakenings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Awakenings.jpg (284 KB, 1064x1500) Image search: [Google]
Awakenings.jpg
284 KB, 1064x1500
I'm about to watch this right now. What should I expect?
>>
Good to great acting, and that's it.
>>
>>70040084
Terrible, terrible feels

This movie made me depressed
>>
>>70040084
Surprisingly good. I enjoyed this way more than I expected. Williams and DeNiro were great. It's a bittersweet story.
>>
I watched it on Netflix last week, it was actually a great little movie, the story is crazy - and real, thats the saddest thing.
>>
>>70040084
False hope
>>
Don't.'it's depressing as shit
>>
>>70042115
This.
Makes me depressed just thinking about it.
>>
>>70040084
God, I remember when we watched this in high school and I left the class feeling like a shell of a person for the rest of the day. That movie is miserable.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (14 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
14 KB, 232x217
>>70040084

Expect to want to die
>>
It's has bearded Robin Williams.

You should know to expect feels of maximum degree
>>
>>70040084
It's a fine movie, but it's not something you want to watch while you're in a good mood
>>
>>70040084
It's great.

Make you question wheither death and satisfaction/absence of desire are that different.

Also touch on the subject of time/decay
>>
>>70040084
feelskino
>>
>>70042712

i agree

watch "Charley" instead, or "The Mind of Mr. Soames"
>>
I only watch it to the point the people start to move again and I stpped there feeling it would turn depressing soon enough.

How does it end ?
>>
>>70040084
One of the only movies where De Niro shows some range and he's great. Robin is fantastic, though I wouldn't recommend this movie if you're a typical /tv/ neckbeard that has never even had a gf. This will make you even more depressed
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.