[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But I'm going to push the button /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 4815162342.jpg (406 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4815162342.jpg
406 KB, 1280x720
But I'm going to push the button /tv/
>>
Fuck you, Adebisi.
>>
>>70030172
My name... is Mr.Echo
>>
>>70030046
Such a great show, such a shit ending.
>>
>>70030046
What went so horribly wrong with this show? I was loving it up until the beginning of Season 4, and then shit just got dumb.

My biggest disappointments: The reveal behind the Smoke Monster (The original idea for it being an unconcious Id beast was much better imo), the truth behind the Dharma Initiative, the whole font of power bullshit, they leave the island and then come right back lmao

So depressing.
>>
>>70030829
>>70030785
Its powerful mysteries in the beginning were what made it good, its what makes some things in life so fascinating but thats the thing

Real life mysteries stay just that a mystery, the second you explain them is the second they lose any appeal
>>
>>70030829
I watched it when it first aired, I recently was re-watching it and I could not make it through the 3 season. The motives behind everyone's actions were ridiculous.
>>
>>70030829
What made me the most pissed was that there was never any murders among the main survivors.

I can still remember the scene where Tom Sawyer says something along the lines of "That was the old world buddy, it's Lord of the Flies time now." And I was so fucking ecstatic because society was going to break down while they were being watched by occult scientists and the series as a whole simply failed to deliver on any of the amazing mysteries it set up.
>>
>>70030046
The show left so much shit unanswered and all anyone ever says when you criticize it on that basis is "the answers are what you want, man"

man FUCK OFF
>>
>>70030889
No they were horrible at explaining the bigger mysteries. When they put a polar bear on the island and explained that DHARMA was doing testing on them and they escaped from their cages was a decent mystery with a decent explanation.
>>
>>70031171
This was my first biggest problem with the series.

During the scene when the Polar Bear is rushing the protagonists, they also mentioned that the golden retriever Vincent was missing, and they showed a few clips of the dog running through the tall grass.

When Sawyer pulled out his handgun and shot the bear, I was fucking /certain/ that he had imagined it being a bear, and he had actually shot the dog.

I was super hyped for The Island to start playing mind games with the survivors, tearing them apart and ruining their trust through subtle deception and the like, and this scene could have cemented that fact.

Also, does anyone else agree that Ethan was 100% scarier before you find out what his real motivations were.

I can vividly remember the insane expression on his face when he appears from the underbrush in the rain right after they used Claire as bait
>>
>>70031389
the initial evil/monsterous portrayal of the Others vs their calm/normal reality makes no sense, but they try to keep it going throughout the first 4 seasons
>>
File: clocklocke orange.gif (645 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
clocklocke orange.gif
645 KB, 245x180
>>70030046

DONT TELL ME WHAT I CANT DO
>>
>>70030046
No other show has gone from excellent to shit so fast, and so goddamn hard.
>>
>>70031443
This also pissed me off. They had a complete cocktease moment when Jin had been kidnapped by the other survivors, and Jin thought they were Others.

They had that one fucking glorious scene with the other survivors displayed as silhouettes carrying barbaric weapons against the sun, and I thought "Oh shit, crazy survivors vs normal's, here we fucking go!"

The Others were a huge letdown in general.
>>
>>70031443
It made no sense why The Others were such dicks.
>>
>>70031588
bitches dont know about my jughead bomb
>>
>>70030829
>an unconscious Id monster

Wait, what? Like the human psyche "Id?"
>>
>>70031890
The same.

I thought that this would have been cooler, a sort of semi-sentient cloud of demonic smoke that is drawn to people experiencing rage, fear, lust, or any other base and instinctual emotion.

But nope, it's just a dude lmao
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.