[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Critics hate it because it feels like its designed only to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.jpg (43 KB, 869x369) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
43 KB, 869x369
>Critics hate it because it feels like its designed only to set up sequels
>GA hates it because its inaccessible
>Fans hate it because it doesnt follow the source material

Kek this is BvS all over again
>>
>>70023518
hold up, who wanted that shit? The actual event was garbage. It being different than the comics could only help it
>>
>>70023518
>Kek this is BvS all over again

So it's a good movie? I'm in
>>
>>70026892
this, I'm in going to take the wife and my wife's son to see it when it opens here. Including springing for snacks bought IN the theater to show her I'm not a poorfag
>>
>>70026892
Dont worry dude, go watch it, then spend the rest of your life doing damage control because it bombed and it was a piece of shit dipped in candy you faggot
>>
>>70025750
>comics
pretty sure the source material is implied to be the games, not the shitty post-WoW retcons.
>>
>>70023518

Said fucking who? Asianfag here and it's already premiered so I got to watch it. I was fucking surprised how close everything played out to the actual lore.

It was a fucking fun movie too but the ending was very lackluster.
>>
>>70028741
>bombed
where did bvs bomb?

shit made like 700 millions.

if you mean critics, you should know that their voices are growing more irrelevant by the day. people go for brand recognition these days, not for the fedora tier cinema experience.

it made money, end of story.
>>
>>70029220

The hidden costs need to be taken into account with any major blockbuster.

They can sometimes drop almost as much on merch and marketing as the actual film budget.

BvS was an extreme let down at the box office, barely in the red and this is a flagahip property. The entire DCU is undergoing a major overhaul to avoid the same outcome.

It was a failure. WB REALLY doesn't like the bad press either, especially considering how hard the MCU is stomping over them in critical response AND bankability.
>>
>>70029220
>if you mean critics, you should know that their voices are growing more irrelevant by the day. people go for brand recognition these days, not for the fedora tier cinema experience.

>it made money, end of story.

You can use this exact defense for Michael Bay's Transformers movies
>>
File: 14876484352.jpg (676 KB, 1875x767) Image search: [Google]
14876484352.jpg
676 KB, 1875x767
>>70026892
It's only a good movie for rabid fanboys that spent so much time hyping this garbage that they don't want to accept they wasted their time, yes.
>>
the problem is China will eat it up and china money alone will guarantee it makes enough to get a sequel
>>
>>70029537
Holy shit, is that really the movie?
>>
>>70023518
>animefag thinks he has an opinion

bruh.. he even has chink runes on his profile name

sick people desu
>>
>>70029537
This is ingame WoW footage from a shitty machinima like the ones I used to watch... Right? Illegal Danish, that's you right?
>>
File: 148746846152332.png (1 MB, 1269x524) Image search: [Google]
148746846152332.png
1 MB, 1269x524
>>70030530
>>70030742
No anons, this is vidyakino, welcome to WARCRAFT™
>>
>>70023518
>>Critics hate it because it feels like its designed only to set up sequels

so much this
>>
>>70029220

There are tons of movies that "flopped" at the box office, but made huge profits running on tons of screens, and then sold a ton in rentals, streaming, and cable rights. Blade Runner has more than paid for itself many times over with rereleases and VHS/DVD/BR sales, and cable sales. I'm pretty sure the Big Lebowski went unnoticed in the theater, but blew up later as a cult classic.

Warcraft will make it's money back, no matter what. It may not be a box office hit - and for money, that's not that important.

"Box office hit!" is a marketing thing, anyway - it just sells more tickets if it sells tons the first weekend. If they get the movie on enough screens, for enough time, it will profit. It will have do really poorly, like selling 10% of available tickets a week after release, for it to fail.
>>
>>70023518
Not if they add enough quips, OP
>>
>>70029220
Pretty sure it had a total of $400 million budget. Studios don't get to keep all of that $700 million since the theaters get a cut from it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.