[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /TV/ So Bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 258x195
As a frequenter of /mu/, and a huge fan of 'cinema,' I find that TV is one of the shittiest fucking boards on 4chan.

And that's saying a lot.

Ik I sound like a pretentious asshole (who cares) but the taste of /tv/ is dogshit. Scratch that - worse than dogshit.

All I see is 'KINO KINO CAPESHIT' and the only movies people watch are like fucking superhero movies.

Why are there no threads on anything under the mainstream eye? Like who actually gives a fuck about the latest captain America and shit sitcoms and jacking off to celeb threads and netflix marathons?

Can't we have threads about like, Tarkovsky? Lynch? Maybe some threads about, I don't know, like Salo or Lars Von trier or French new wave or something?

I know I sound like a pretentious 14 year old but holy shit the movies and tv shoes here are for like retarded 14 year olds.
>>
Fave movies for bump:

Psycho
No Country For Old Men
The Revenant
Taxi Driver
The Conversation
>>
I thought you were going to address the huge shitposting issue, but it's actually just a shitpost.
>>
>high quantities of 14 year olds
>high quantities of reddit
>television content
>no entry barrier
>no mods
>>
>>69997694
why are people above 18 watching zootopia and dexter and thinking it deserves discussion

It's like the whole board am I missing something here
>>
File: daggy.png (64 KB, 216x222) Image search: [Google]
daggy.png
64 KB, 216x222
>a frequenter of /mu
>knows quality
>>
>>69997780
Zootopia threads: furries
Dexter threads: people who just started watching it and haven't gotten to the shitty seasons yet

What a mystery that was
>>
>>69997780
For the same reason people on /mu/ listen to memerap and k-pop
>>
Its only shit because the v and b posters come here and infect it with their stupidity.
>>
We used to be a lot more "pretentious" and then everyone started making fun of each other for being pretentious for some reason. I think it might have just been because we became "popular" after the Game of Thrones tv show came out and were just overtaken if that makes sense.
>>
>>69997841
But that's rare it has containment threads and no one comes in or comes out
>>69997817
No ik mu is a cesspool but at least there's variety tv is just so bad
>>
>>69997841
Memerap isn't an actual thing because all rap is memerap it's literally about repeating words usually for a startling or humorous effect

It samples to repurpose past culture the entire genre is a meme
>>
File: 1463250616703.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1463250616703.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>69997610
yeah this place suck we never get around to discussing the important matters like the bonus situation
>>
File: 1445283096153.png (62 KB, 1881x449) Image search: [Google]
1445283096153.png
62 KB, 1881x449
this should explain it
>>
Let's start an army /tv/.

Return to the days of jacking off to Kubrick.
>>
>>69997610

op confirmed faggot
>>
>>69997610
>Can't we have threads about like, Tarkovsky? Lynch? Maybe some threads about, I don't know, like Salo or Lars Von trier or French new wave or something?

yep that's /mu/ alright
>>
File: 1458786295702.jpg (183 KB, 1364x475) Image search: [Google]
1458786295702.jpg
183 KB, 1364x475
Because it doesn't bring in the ad buxs
>>
you haven't been to /pol/

/tv/ is like a breath of fresh air, in comparison, though admittedly mu is better even if i can't be bothered to post about music that often
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.