[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody watch this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: a girl.jpg (43 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
a girl.jpg
43 KB, 719x1080
Anybody watch this?
>>
>>69993552
Yeah good movie.
>>
>>69993552
Pretentious piece of shit
>>69994078
Haha no...
>>
Pretty sweet movie. Love the scene when the girl gets the skateboard. Farsi is a pretty sweet language and that demonic voice was intoxicating
>>
Any more Iranian vampire movies?

>>69994153
>Farsi is a pretty sweet language
That sing song prosody is annoying as hell
>>
>>69993552
Wouldn't recommend. I thought it was a horror movie meant to comment on the status of women in Iran and, from the beginning, that's what it looked like.

But the movies turned into a shitty indie Romance movie towards the end. Turns out the director, Ana Amirpour, didn't even intend for it to have a theme around feminism or anything.

I'm absolutely crazy about the image of a vampire in a chadoor, it's honestly really cool and the beginning of the movie really shows the image off. But, hell, I wanted it in a better movie.
>>
>>69994223
Seems like the problem is with you.
>>
>>69994164
No. This is the first one.
>>
I thought it was pretty boring though I did like it a tiny bit.

What I want to know is, what the fuck was up with the ditch full of dead bodies?
>>
>>69994258
I mean, it didn't HAVE to comment on feminism, that's just how it was presented to me when I heard about it.

I certainly didn't expect it to be shitty Romance movie, though. "Oh how cute he's fucked up, she's fucked up, they're gonna go run away together", it seemed to masquerade as having depth when it really didn't. The cross dresser with the balloon scene was one of the most pretentious things I've ever seen in a film.

The ONLY thing deserving of any praise in the movie in was the image of the vampire in a chadoor, because it spoopy and cool.
>>
>>69994498
That wasn't a crossdresser
>>
>>69994481
Stupid and pretentious symbolism
>>
>>69993552
Yes, "Iranian cinema" from California. Not bad overall.
>>
Don't remember much about it. There were a lot of scenes of them just sitting around listening to music and I think she killed a guy who looked like Ninja from Die Antwoord.
>>
Yes it was awful
>>
>>69993552
I stopped watching at
>Vice Studios
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.