[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to write a script >freak out before I begin >close
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tears.png (21 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
tears.png
21 KB, 357x313
>try to write a script
>freak out before I begin
>close Word or Final Draft
>rinse and repeat every single day

How can I deal with this type of situation?
>>
>>69976314
Just wait anon. You'll realized that after eventually writing, revising, and editing the script, you'll have nothing to do with it because you're too much of a pussy bitch to try to make something of it. Fucking faggot.
>>
Don't deal with it, let it fester beneath the surface, then when you're in the deepest pit of depressive malaise imaginable, make yourself an herbal tea, open up word, put your thinking cap on and fucking kill yourself
>>
Why bother? You don't have connections with Hollywood so they don't care about you or your scripts.
>>
>>69976314
Take a shot beforehand or something. Don't get blackout drunk, but just do something to ease the nerves. I've given up whole projects because I couldn't stand how shit everything looked editing it in Premiere. You've got to at least put something on the screen before you give up, even if it is awful. And once you give up, just take one more shot and hit "save" instead of "don't save." Trust me, it'll be worth it.
>>
I'm currently in the same situation.

I was doing fine 2 weeks ago but everything is fucekd up now. I'm doing a bit of progress now.

It helps to use pen and paper. When you're writing on a computer, the temptation to delete what you just wrote or outright close everything is too strong. Just write on paper till you get something you like enough and keep going.
>>
>>69976460
>only Hollywood makes films
>you can't make a living submitting your films/scripts to small budget companies, festivals or contests

kys /v/edditor
>>
File: dfw feels.jpg (47 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
dfw feels.jpg
47 KB, 600x590
>have lots of funny disparate moments, conversations, scenes

>no idea how to bring them together in a cohesive narrative

How can I deal with this type of situation?
>>
>>69978113
Good christ this. So many characters and one-off moments, but no story to tie them all together.
>>
>>69978570
>>69978113

It's the opposite for me...

>have several possible stories and scenarios
>try to write them
>realize they aren't funny
>delete
>>
Take wernor herzogs film class for $90 and make your dreams come true. Or just give up since you're not going to write shit anyway
>>
>>69978570
>>69978113
You're not alone
;_;
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.