[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What movie has /tv/ cried the hardest watching? Even the soundtrack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: The-Wind-Rises.jpg (139 KB, 1184x888) Image search: [Google]
The-Wind-Rises.jpg
139 KB, 1184x888
What movie has /tv/ cried the hardest watching?

Even the soundtrack is enough to set me off now.
>>
The Wind Rises was sad, but nothing to really make you cry. Grave of the Fireflies is the only movie to make me just bawl like a baby.
>>
>>69974136
Mama Roma(the movie is perfection)

Also Lilja4ever
If we are talking about chinese cartoons I say Tomorrow's Joe
>>
>>69974136

HE KILLED BILLIONS
>>
File: elephant+man+poster.jpg (79 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
elephant+man+poster.jpg
79 KB, 600x452
bawled like a baby
>>
>>69974178
>dude devotes his life to his craft only to find it brings pain and destruction to others
>"Which would you choose: a world with pyramids or a world without?"
>Miyazaki's chosen successor literally worked himself to death at Studio Ghibli because of their incredibly high standards
>that doomed romance
>that desperate clinging to the appreciation of our brief time in existence
>nothing to really make you cry
dude, especially if you're involved in any of the creative industries, it's fucking heartbreaking

>>69974447
very good choice
>>
File: poster-38902.jpg (237 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
poster-38902.jpg
237 KB, 1000x1500
Made me feel a lot of emotions
>>
MILIONS
>>
File: elephantman.jpg (8 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
elephantman.jpg
8 KB, 278x181
>>69974136
I teared up in theatres too op. Haven't watched it since.

Elephant Man really got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pJOdrchPlo

>If only I could find her, so she could see me with such lovely friends here now; perhaps she could love me as I am? I've tried so hard to be good.
>>
>>69974781
You should definitely watch it again, I was able to relax into the pacing a lot easier the second time round, it really has that sweeping middle-of-the-century 'epic' feel to it
>>
This and Kaguya-hime were Ghibli's magnum opii, those films wont be surpassed for years unless Yuasa's next film is a home run and not another clusterfuck like Mind Game was.
>>
>>69974136
every single human is in constant suffering thanks to this man
>>
>>69974679
In the end he succeded on making planes like he wanted. He completed his dream, of course there was consequences but at least he did what he wanted and married the woman he loved.
Miyazaki is bitter but he far from been sad and all even when Kondo's death was a big hit on him he is still friends with another succesor Anno (which was the mc voice on the wind rises) and he wants Anno to work in another version of naussica.
Grave of the fireflies is more tragic and sad and how the sturborn attitude of a kid and a country costed the life of his sister and all the lives of people left alone to die
>>
>>69975009
>not whispers of the heart
>not porco rosso
> not grave of the fireflies
>>
Not the first time I saw it, but Boromir death scene in Fellowship touches me deep
>>
>>69975009
This. Bravo to Miyazaki and Takahata for managing to both end on a high note essentially at the same time. One hell of a one-two punch. I honestly can't feel sad about Ghibli potentially closing up shop knowing that they wrapped up with such a decisive and consistent body of work.
>>
>>69975021
Sure, I don't consider either Grave Of The Fireflies or The Wind Rises anti-war movies. They may contain elements of that but the former is a cautionary tale about pride and the latter is primarily autobiographical allegory and a farewell statement from Miyazaki.

But if you think Miyazaki's work isn't steeped in existential melancholy I have no idea what movie you're watching, 'cause it's not one of his.
>>
>>69974991
It's one of those ones that's actually special to me, and the older I get the more I like to only watch movies like that once in a great while. Like Elephant Man or Mulholland Drive. I ruined a lot of my favorites as a kid by over-watching them.
>>
Reminder that if you think The Wind Rises is anything less than equal to Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away in quality, you're a pleb.
>>
>>69975009
This.
It's pretty sad that Kaguya performed like shit at the box office tho.
>>
>>69975009
Mind Game was great
>>
>>69975221
I think that even normies are aware by cultural osmosis that it's an instant classic and stuff, I've heard plenty of talk about it
Don't forget Princess Mononoke only ever had a limited theatrical release in the states and had nothing like the performance you'd expect of a movie that huge, yet it's gone on to be second only to Spirited Away and possibly Totoro in mainstream popularity (and even then, let's be honest, it's the Totoro imagery more than the actual movie that most people recognise)
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-02-01-22h59m29s80.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-02-01-22h59m29s80.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
>>69975221
Japanese animation is considered "too weird" in the west now. Indeed the west has grown more sheltered and safe in its consumption of media.
>>
File: ikiru.jpg (26 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
ikiru.jpg
26 KB, 500x313
ikiru made me cry
>>
>>69974136
Mask made me cry when I was a kid (the Rocky Dennis flick, not The Mask with Jim Carrey) but as an adult the only thing that's got me -and still gets me every time- is the final sequence of the last episode of Six Feet Under. I always lose it when Ruth goes, without fail.
>>
>>69974136
The final scene in Edward Scissorhands. They took away so much from him but the one thing they couldn't was his creativity.
>>
>crying because of weebshit
kek
>>
>>69975429
>normies
"normies" is a normalfag meme you fucking imdb fetus
>>
synecdoche newyork
anyone?
>>
>>69977978
too contrived and prac-crit, I appreciate it in parts but it just made me want to grab Kaufman by the shoulders and say "You, my man, need professional psychological help". he also makes up unrealistically depressing situations as strawmen as to why life is so awful and tragic. the whole subplot about her daughter, especially the death scene, is just retarded and does nothing for me even as humour.
>>
>>69975192
Miyazaki feels nostalgic sure. But to be honest it feels quite weak compared to his previous works and even when the visual show is amazing it relies too much on dream sequences and montages to show all the subplots and plot, because of not having enough time to explore all. The work he did on the manga of the wind rises is better, it takes his time, it can explore in a better way the characters and they fell,doesn't have the problem of been under the limit of 2:30 hours and everything he felt was already said there.
A nice visual spectacle but really weak compared to his previous works (even porco rosso covers better his passion for planes) and the original source which he made.
>>
>>69980239
There's a manga of The Wind Rises?
>>
File: departures-okuribito.29794.jpg (211 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
departures-okuribito.29794.jpg
211 KB, 800x1200
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.