[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone tell Singer to go beg Vaugn to teach him how to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 4814_1.jpg (167 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
4814_1.jpg
167 KB, 728x409
Or just hang up the mantle. Are they actually making another one?
>>
M R
S I N I S T E R
>>
>>69910978
That's for wolverine
>>
>>69910717
That was a nice scene.
>>
Always wondered what the First Class sequal would've been like if Vaughn had decided to stay.

DoFP was good but it was just an excuse for Singer to fix the previous fuck ups, plus her mor or less ignored everything that First Class set up.
>>
>>69913468
T'was.
>>
>>69910717
FUCK YOU, now I really wanna watch First Class. I gotta fucking assignment due man.
>>
Singer needs to stay away from the overblown action. I wouldn't mind X-Men movies that focus more on the characters and drama and pretty much soap opera that the X-Men Comics usually are.
>>
>>69913604
According to Vaughn, it'd be the X-Men trying to prevent the Brotherhood of Mutants from assassinating John F. Kennedy for supressing mutants' role in solving the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Professor X, Havok, Beast, Banshee and Polaris VS. Magneto, Mystique, Azazel, Riptide, Tempest, Emma Frost and Sunspot.
>>
>>69914587
Fucking wasted opportunity
>>
>>69910717
Are you kidding me or what?

First Class was terrible. It completely butchered the continuity, and Magneto's edgy theme was mixed so loudly that 90% of his scenes were embarrassing.

The only good thing about the movie was that one scene were he killed the Nazis in a pub.
>>
>>69914712
It's the best x-men movie
>>
>>69910717
>X-Men 1
>X-Men 2
>>
>>69914712
No one gives a shit about Singers continuity. Vaugn knew it was mostly shit and disregarded it.
>>
>>69914752
X-men 1 is garbage, yes X men 2 is pretty good.
>>
>>69913958
Sounds like that'd be better for tv.
>>
>>69914587
Aww fuck this shit, that sounds so much better.
>>
>>69913604
you know Singer wrote the story for First Class right?
>>
>>69915206
Having written a script means less than one might think.
>>
Singer should show Vaughn how to fuck little boys. First, you become a "filmmaker"...
>>
>>69915206
Look at singers work, now look at what happens when Vaughan and Goldman actually do the legwork.
The only logical conclusion is Vaughan and Goldman are better.
>>
>>69914712
>butchered the continuity

is there a more aspie thing to say?
>>
>>69910717
I watched this the other day to prepare my kid for Apocalypse. Didn't realise how much German, Russian and French was in it. Plus the plot is quit complicated for a 5yo. I've been spoiled by Disney Capeshit.
>>
>>69914736
That would be X-Men 2.
>>
X2, FC and DOFP are pretty fucking great.

To be honest, I enjoyed Apocalypse, but it's on the level of X1.
>>
>>69915388
>it is autistic to care about what happens in a film
>it is autistic to expect a filmmaker to display a basic awareness of what happened in the preceding movies

ok
>>
>>69915438
This statement is five years out of date.
>>
>>69915513
Singer clearly didn't give a shit.
>>
>>69910717
I do love how Singer has gone to the trouble of essentially eradicating the relevance of First Class by killing off every X-member from it aside from Mystique and Beast

Watching First Class with the commentary was a real eye-opener in a number of ways

Anyway I'm done giving them money since I'm not interested in seeing them butcher Sinister and Jubilee some more
>>
First class is best, Shaw and Frost were cool
>>
>>69910717
Wolverine 3 and Deadpool 2 are the next ones and then If/When they make the New Mutants movie I wonder if they'll set it after Apocalypse or after the Good End in Days of Future Past.

The sequel hook in Apocalypse leaves it kind of open as they can decide if they want quick clones or slow clones. Then there's always the X-Force movie, the Gambit movie, the X-Factor movie, etc.

But please lets have Apocalypse be Singers last one, and hopefully learn from the success of Deadpool of how odder movies with their own flavour can do very well if they're allowed to.
>>
>>69910717
It was a mistake showing flashbacks of first class in apocalypse. the shots and the costumes just looks so much better, you wouldn't think it's capeshit.

and why the fuck was the soundtrack so shit for the sequels. I remember growing up watching the older xmens and seeing magneto just doing a power pose with shit flying around and then I saw the pub scene in first class. holy fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2eW2cXcNg
>>
I don't like the X-Men franchise because I don't like all those gayish style decisions. Too many twinks, no hot women (or somehow they manage to make hot women look unsexy), and a gay subtext. Like between Magneto and Professor X.
>>
>>69915596
What do they say in the commentary? Might have to check it out.
>>
>>69915596
>Watching First Class with the commentary was a real eye-opener in a number of ways
Do tell, or give a brief overview at least.
>>
No. Singer needs to keep making shit movies that bomb so Hollywood will revoke its protection of his pederasty. That'll be more entertaining than any dumb movie about circus freaks.
>>
>>69915206
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t just Singer.

And regardless it doesn’t change the fact that the end of First Class is intended to lead to something more to what >>69914587 posted rather than what we got in DoFP. Soon as Vaughn left Singer showed how much of a control freak he is regarding these movies hence all the back peddling regarding Charles being in the wheel chair, Beasts transformation and the formation of the X-men.

Only a few of Vaughns ideas ever made it such as Magneto being framed for the assassination of JFK and Havok being used as a gateway to introduce Cyclops (though Singer confirmed they weren’t brothers, only to change his mind again).
>>
Archangel looked fucking retarded with that fuccboi haircut.
>>
>>69915697
Fine with another one, if someone else come's on board. No offence to him, he's done good stuff but I'm sick of his X-Men stuff.
>>
>>69915747
who wants hot women? faggot
though the too many twinks is an issue

I really don't like the muh holocaust shit that Magneto keeps bringing up but maybe thats just because i'm a Nazi
>>
>>69915747
I enjoy the films usually, but agreed. I'd rather X-Men go the way of Marvel, just because I want to see a more conventional take on the franchise that is loyal to the comics and not to Singer's fag taste in everything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkmeW9SfM_c

>tfw you will never see Charles and Erik not acting like robots again
>>
>>69910717
Singer is shit
>>
>>69915919
That scene is what made the movie for me. Holy shit it was incredible. Good Lawd the music.
>>
>>69915919
>spend two~ movies showing how much Charles wants to teach and care for students and make them understand the value of controlling their power
>his bond with magneto and resolution of the conflict in FC are testament to this
>resolve conflict in Apocalypse with JEAN JUST FUCKING UNLEASH YOUR POWER AND SAVE ME
topkek

I've never seen a director miss the point of a character so much. Even the interaction between Mags and Xavier in Egypt was so disgustingly awkward
>>
>>69916007
Would be nice if Vaugn made the sequels too. First Class made me like Xmen and it actually has 2 of the most interesting characters as the lead instead of wolverine or some other shit
>>
>>69916133
After all their chemistry in the first one, you would think they won't interact like fucking robots
>>
What was the point of DOFP to retcon previous movies? It's not a bad movie but it is an ultimately useless one.
>>
>>69915919
>That Charles/Eric bond
>Different roster of characters that aren't Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean all over again
>Mystique not terrible or constantly shoved in our faces

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>69915919
>this guy screams loudly
>let's teach him to fly
Why would they think of this?
>>
>>69916345

Why call him Banshee when that's a female spirit?
>>
>>69916325
It was made to fuck X-Men 3 and Origins up the ass and split the timeline so they can do whatever they want without fear of contradicting the first two films.
>>
DOFP probably should've been the be all and end all of the series.
>>
>>69916206
No matter how great the chemistry you can only do so much when you're handed a garbage script

I'm still cringing at
>Don't stop me from killing these men!
and its been 2 days since I watched it
>>
>>69916403
The X-Men universe is code for gay counter culture.

Banshee = Twink who screams in high pitch voice when he gets fucked
Wolverine = Bear who recovers from everything including fisting and anal legging
Professor X = has the power to get into the head of straight guys and turn them homo, but was crippled after he got AIDS
Magneto = is very attractive but a bit of an asshole
Mystique = drag queen
Beast = turns blue during erotic asphyxiation
Gambit = bi
Cyclops = has to wear safety goggles after he got pink eye
Jean Grey = Boy George fan

And so on.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>They were just following orders!
>>
>>69916804

no
>>
>>69916889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvEHxne2m1U
>>
File: 1460848599627.jpg (51 KB, 721x810) Image search: [Google]
1460848599627.jpg
51 KB, 721x810
>>69916930

>Graham Norton

oh well if ever there was a place for serious discourse it would be there.
>>
>When Betty ran away from Don to rule the world with Shaw
>>
>>69913604
I hate people who are too lazy to spell out the movie title, how much time are you saving by doing this. I've always wanted to say that.
>>
>>69916994
She's hot but they call her Emma Frost because she's frigid and when she has sex she's cold as a fish.
>>
>>69910717
Stop with manlet meme
>>
>>69917073
Shut the fuck up, autist.
>>
>>69917176
No
>>
>>69916804
>anal legging
That sounds....intriguing
>>
>>69917318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlSXC8vA0U
>>
>>69915919
This helmet looks so fucking ridiculous, what were they thinking?
>>
>>69910717
The worst change between First Class and DoFP is the ditching of the blue and yellow uniforms.
>>
>>69917535

>does it look like the one in the comic?
>yeah
>well fuck that pissy cunt whining about it 5 years later
>>
>>69917535
The helmet is too large for Kevin Bacon but it looks fine on Michael Fassbender
>>
>>69917613
It looks fine on fassbender, that's probably why they kept it, but on Bacon it looks like a SNL spoof.
>>
>>69915805
What a clusterfuck.

>>69917586
This, too. Fuck.

Thanks, Bryan.
>>
File: xmfc42471.jpg (116 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
xmfc42471.jpg
116 KB, 1920x816
What was going through his head at this moment?
Besides the coin
>>
>>69917760

Nothing, Charles shut down his mind.
>>
>>69917586
Then went retarded with Apocalypse. Fire everyone in the production. Just end it all.
>>
File: 1463703259085.gif (4 MB, 561x343) Image search: [Google]
1463703259085.gif
4 MB, 561x343
Man I just got back from this and all I can say is fuck this movie right off.
What the hell was up with the pacing? The first hour was literal exposition for something we could have gathered in about 20 minutes. Age of Ultron did it better for fuck sake. The next hour was more of the same.

There were so many characters that just did not need to be there, and their dialogue was dreadful to top it off. Nothing got added, there were no meaningful relationships explored and there certainly wasn't any character development in the titular X-men. Jean was the most wooden and monotone character in the film too, Mystique really did nothing worth noting, Moira was there to explain one thing and then became obsolete, Beast was fucking useless, Scott didn't forward the plot in anyway and Nightcrawler was all over unappealing to look at.

The only characters I actually enjoyed watching were Magneto and Quicksilver, both for their cool power displays. Psylocke was okay too, but only because she didn't have enough dialogue to ruin her character and Olivia Munn's ass was one of the rare things on screen that wasn't painful to look at.
Speaking of, Apocalypse looked and sounded non-threatening and was almost more boring to listen to and watch than Sophie Turner.

3/10 Would not bang.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.