[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While everyone is busy talking about Hodor, can we talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: Childrenoftheforest.jpg (153 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Childrenoftheforest.jpg
153 KB, 1000x563
While everyone is busy talking about Hodor, can we talk about how the reaveal that the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers removed a lot of the magic and mystery from the show and was a really shitty decision?
>>
How so? We still dont know much about the children either. Or how the walkers started doing their own thing. Or what exactly their goal is.
>>
>>69908141

but it totally makes sense tho. They're the only creatures revealed so far, to have access to darker magical forces like that.
>>
>>69908141
>put dragon glass inside of a man turns him into NK
>WW can be killed with dragon glass

makes no sense tbqh
>>
I think it's cool that the older something is the more magical it is. It's like magic was around when the world was created and now it's slowly fading away. I bet by the end magic will be gone completely.
>>
>>69908276

Doesn't that technically make WW part dragon in a way due to obsidian being from dragon?
>>
>>69908198
>>69908276
>>69908141
I like this though. The Children btfo themselves by creating a bomb that blew up in their own faces. Definitely paints them in a more sinister light.
>>
>>69908342
so dragon fire is useless
no bran controlling drogon
>>
>>69908293
then GoT would be copying LoTR
>>
>>69908380

really fucks with the lore, sens the children of the forest and the first men had already become allies when the others first showed up.
>>
>>69908141
my grandma has hair curlers 24/7 and cant have curls like that
>>
anyone else laugh when the elves were throwing hand grenades at the zombies
>>
>>69908656
the first men were not the ones cotf were fighting
>>
>>69908811
It was Hodor's seizure that got me
>>
>>69908869

they did fight but the got over it and became buddies, hence them worshipping the same Gods.

The long night, when the walkers first appeared was a long time after that and the walkers killed both men and children of the forest.
>>
>>69908141
Is there a reason why show Children of the Forest are all female? Just more grrrrlll power faggotry?
>>
>>69908656
werent they fighting the andals?
>>
>>69908141
It's season fucking 6, they have to start revealing shit at some point. The show ain't gonna last forever.
>>
>>69908580
Tolkien copied the poetic Edda.
>>
>>69908952
lots of that this season, its very important
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>69908141
They really ARE the reapers from Mass Effect

That means the ending to GoT is either gonna be:

1. Destroy all the White Walker
2. Control all the White Walkers
3. Synthesize all humans with White Walkers
>>
>>69908141
They did it to protect some sort of pointy bunker-like structure that I'm not even sure what the hell it is (it's in ep 7.), aliens?

+ they didn't create white walkers as a weapon, it was just a method to gimp humans so they would be suspectible to Children's magic, sort of a disease.
>>
I didn't read all the books but did it state anywhere that the Children were all female? Or is that just another genius stroke from DD.
>>
>>69908961

Andals didn't show up till a long time after it all, and don't even really believe the children of the forest or white walkers are real.
>>
>>69908141
Was this episode a reference to Jew and Muslims? Like the Jews organized the refugee invasion but will lose control and the mudslimes will kill them? I hope so
>>
>>69908141
Am i really the only one who sees this?
>Children Of The Florest make the White Walkers to protect themselves from men.
>They make peace with First Men
>White Walkers atack while they're in peace (bazillion years after btw), share religion and lands peacefully.
>White Walkers are sealed in the other side of the wall with CotF magic.
So what, they didn't use the White Walkers? The White Walkers waited the right moment to rebel? Why would they keep the weapon with them if they were in peace (complete peace btw) knowing fully well that it could rebel? And the did, they didn't take free will from the night king.
If it was to fight the andals so
>Why did Leaf say that they made the White Walkers to fight men like Bran, who is from the First Men lineage, and not andal.
>Why did they destroy the Arm Of Dorne (google it plebs) if they had White Walkers?
>Didn't they mention in both books and show that the White Walkers atacked before the andals came along and that's the reason to build the wall, something that was already there when the andals arrived?
Is this really a complete plothole?
Do you guys think that D&D would make it up? Is GRMM a hack?
>>
>>69908952
Because of salsa rape the show will now be like that
>>
>>69908656
They had made a pact to stop fighting, but there is evidence that men kept breaking the pact and pushing the children farther into the forests and north.
>>
>>69908952
Theyre inspired by nymphs.
>>
>>69908952
I think they were meant to lean towards the side of androgyny. Also, if they were using "womyn power" as an overall motif, having them create the instrument of their own destruction seems a little counterintuitive.
>>
>>69909095

there is no mention of the pact being broken in the books, and the others killed children of the forest as much as they killed men.
>>
>>69908952
>>69909130
Top fucking kek. Bro does not even fantasy.
>>
>>69909041
>season 6 episode 9
>final battle with the white walkers
>end of the episode
>credits about to roll

>IF YOU WANT JON AND BRAN TO DESTROY THE WHITE WALKERS, TEXT 'GREEN' TO 123456
>IF YOU WANT JON AND BRAN TO DESTROY THE WHITE WALKERS, TEXT 'RED' TO 123456
>IF YOU WANT JON AND BRAN TO CONTROL THE WHITE WALKERS, TEXT 'BLUE' TO 123456
>>IF YOU WANT JON AND BRAN TO SYNTHESIZE WITH THE WHITE WALKERS, TEXT 'GREEN' TO 123456

>season 6 episode 10
>regardless what the audience voted it's the same episode, just in a different hue
>>
>>69909210
There is no mention of it directy but there is a mention of historical records being really unreliable from that period. Why was the pact supposedly so lopsided (men get rveryhing except the foreedtd) and why does the first man castle of deepwood motte exist?
>>
>>69908141
The thing that got me was they the Children had fucking Chav accents.
>>
evil humans want to kill wood elves
evil wood elves use dark magic to create necromancers as their army and fuck up

I hope white walkers win
>>
>>69909095
There's also evidence that they adopted the children religion and that children and men used befriend and marry each other.
I'm not sure bro, but i think that's a little wrong.
>>
>>69909311

The first men didn't have a very good writing system they just used runes.

I guess you could speculate some sort of rogue child of the forest faction that really fucked up and made the others and it backfired on them.

I don't think GRRM told D&D a whole lot of detail on the books so I don't think things will match up exactly.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>69908380
HMMMMM

I WONDER WHERE I'VE SEEN THAT PLOT LINE BEFORE?

>GoT now lifting the story line straight out of Mass Effect
>>
>"They are strange, beautiful...think, oh...the Sidhe made of ice, something like that...a different sort of life...inhuman, elegant, dangerous."

>ok guys they're actually just frozen terminators created by magic nature womyn to fight the patriarchy

Fuck this fat hack.
>>
>>69908141
Saw it coming.
>>
>>69909514
Yes, because game of thrones and mass effect are the only two fictional stories ever created
>>
>>69909482
Anon, grrm doesn't write their shit for them any longer. This is pure Hollywood trash from here on out. You think he was really writing all these grrl power plots, too? C'mon.
>>
>>69909433
There's not some evidence that they have the same religion, that is a fact. Doesn't really change the fact thst the pact is lopsided and seems to have been brokem anyway. The first men used to sacrifice people to the weirwoods so that the people they killed would suppposedly enter the collective counciousness of the net. They also used to bury their kings in barrows, but later the starks started burying their kings of winter in crypts with a sword in their lap to lock their spirits in place, maybe to stop them from entering the weirwood net when they die?
>>
>>69909603

yeah but causing a generation long winter and monsters that kill all live doesn't seem like what forest loving elf creatures would do.
>>
>>69909531
that fat hack also created hodor storyline

kek
>>
>>69909681
why not? the wood elves in the elder scrolls are about the most horrifying thing you could meet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_5vQn36ms
>>
>>69909681
Killing children and mashing them into paste to feed to another child doesn't also seem like a tree-hippie thing to do. And if the first men sacrificed to weirwoods (there is mention of them even hanging bloody entrails in the weirwood branches) why not the cotf as well? But yes, the others seems to have bckfired, UNLESS the whole war for dawn is a trick to get humanity and the others to war each other so that they can inheirt the earth. There are also plenty of legends of the long night from essos and there seems to be a sort of wall in yi ti that protects essos from something that seems to be very similar to the others. I wonder if the long night caused those thihs to appear out of nowhere or if the far east of essos is connected to the far north of westeros.
>>
>>69909781

I'm not saying they can't be evil, I'd just expect some sort of tree monster instead of an ice monster.
>>
>>69909850
they worship and protect trees so I doubt they would send on to fight their battles

In a sense they sorta created creatures like the forsworn briarheart which are made by witches
>>
Why are all of you so dense?

It's obvious that the show will have one explanation as to why the children created the white walkers, while the books will have a similar one but far more fleshed out.

In the show they don't have time to explain in detail the waves of humans that settled the lands over thousands of years and the conflicts they had with the children and so on so they will simplify it so the average audience member can get what's going on in broad strokes.

In the books GRRM will explain it in a more intricate way that makes sense in the book continuity.

For instance it is fully possible that in the books there existed multiple factions of the children, some of which were in favor of peace with humans and some of them went fuck it and created the white walkers so they basically keep the humans in check or there might've been a certain event that made them go enough is enough.
Literally every single plot and subplot of the books is far more elaborate than it is in the show so this one will be the same.
>>
>>69908276
Why the fuck would literal magic make any fucking sense you worthless autist?
>>
>>69908141
>>
>>69908952
>girl power
>literally created their downfall
ok
>>
File: SummerS3.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SummerS3.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
Why did they kill the doge
No doge pls don die
RIP doge
>>
>>69910049

It's just weird because in the books the children were allied with the first men long before the white walkers even came around and they fight them together.
>>
>>69908952
Are you a bit dense m8?
They're CHILDREN, boys and girls look practically the same at a young age.
>>
>>69910286

His agent kept pushing for more money.
>>
File: dire wolves.gif (886 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dire wolves.gif
886 KB, 500x281
>>69910286

Fuck Dunkin Donuts
>>
>>69910287

nothing in the show contradicts that

we don't know exactly at what point they made the first walker or what kind of relationship they had with humans before or during that

we literally saw a 5 seconds clip of them making one and that's it
>>
The thing I don't understand is that Boy Cripple appearently got his location revealed by being touched, so how the fuck is he supposed to escape, why wouldn't he know his location as he is escaping?
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>69908141
>>
>>69909082
>Is GRMM a hack?
Pope is catholic, there are bears that shit in woods, the earth is round and orbits the sun and water is decidedly wet.
>>
>>69910422
Whitewalkers don't teleport, even if they know where Bran is they need to get to him first.
>>
>>69910422
benjen
>>
>>69910391

They said that they created the walkers because they were at war with men but in the books when the walkers show up they had been living at peace for a few thousand years. Sure it's possible that they created the others 2000 years before they first became a problem and they were just chilling quietly somewhere but it feels like backtracking.
>>
>>69908141
Jennifer Lawrence's younger sister on the 3rd
>>
>>69908939
cotf made ww to fight andals, why do you keep bringing up first men they're irrelevant
>>
>>69908811
It was funnier when she decided to pointlessly sacrifice herself by holding onto it in the middle of them instead of throwing it like before.
>>
>>69910422
The other option being doing nothing it's still better to run away
>>
>>69910662

because the ww fucked shit up long before the andals came
>>
>>69910662
>cotf made ww to fight andals

But they never fought Andals
At least in the proper lore
>>
>>69910662

cotf made the other's since the first men kept breaking the pact. It's like you haven't even seen the Preston video on the subject.
>>
>>69910662

cotf and white walkers had both faded into legend by the time the andals showed
>>
>>69910422
why didn't tree dude tell bran not to get touched?

seems like a big fucking deal
>>
>>69910646
They might have been sent to Lands of Always Winter and after thousands of years gain power to make more of themselves and raise the dead.
>>
>>69910776
Literally what.

The Andals killed the last remaining CotF.
>>
>>69910592
>littlefinger can teleport
>white walkers can't
Explain this shit
>>
>>69910324
are you a bit dense m8?
theyre not children at all. theyre the most ancient beings. the children part is just because of their height and childlike appearance.
>>
>>69910824
CIA is far beyond the White Walkers

Why do you think he's so unconcerned about Sansa threatening him? He knows that he's invincible
>>
>>69910805
>"According to song, during the Andal invasion the Andal king Erreg slaughtered children of the forest, their animals, and their First Men allies at High Heart, after which his men cut down the weirwood grove. According to True History, however, the children had left the region long before the Andals arrived.[1]"
(From the Wiki of Ice and Fire)

We don't really know
But one thing is sure most of the Children had already retreated deep into their forests before the Andals came, and even there were encounters between the two there wasn't a huge war like with the First Men
>>
>>69908293
If you haven't noticed it's going the other way, magic wasn't really a thing when this shit started and now there are dragons and warging siblings and resurrections
>>
They really shouldnt reveal too much about this ancient shit. The mystery is nice as its supposed to be of a lost era. We already know enough about how this shit came to exist
>>
>>69910932
What exactly is "True History"? Meta lore about what the Westerosi consider true or not?
>>
>>69908811
That does it I'm CotF missile now
>>
>>69908141

it's inevitable, bro. the closer to the end we get with this shitshow, the more things that were vague and open to debate will be spelled out for the viewers.
>>
>>69910996
>True History
First Men= Celts
Andels = Saxons
Targaryens = Normans

Bravo GRRM
>>
>>69910996
Jewish maester conspiracies
>>
>>69911061
That kinda makes sense desu.
>>
>>69910996

They are mentioned in the annals, though not as often as I would have thought. The annals I've found and looked at, that is. There's more I haven't found, I know. Some of the older books are falling to pieces. The pages crumble when I try and turn them. And the really old books... either they have crumbled all away or they are buried somewhere that I haven't looked yet or... well, it could be that there are no such books, and never were. The oldest histories we have were written after the Andals came to Westeros. The First Men only left us runes on rocks, so everything we think we know about the Age of Heroes and the Dawn Age and the Long Night comes from accounts set down by septons thousands of years later. There are archmaesters at the Citadel who question all of it. Those old histories are full of kings who reigned for hundreds of years, and knights riding around a thousand years before there were knights. You know the tales, Brandon the Builder, Symeon Star-Eyes, Night's King... we say that you're the nine hundred and ninety-eighth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, but the oldest list I've found shows six hundred seventy-four commanders, which suggests that it was written during...

tl;dr : everything from the dawn age and age of heroes is unreliable as shit
>>
>>69909531
>>69908141
>ok whats similar to the sidhe, aka inhuman, elegant, dangerous
>dude SKYNET
>nailed it
>>
SO, can we now also say Bran Stark is officially Bran the Builder? Is this the thing?
>>
>>69911090
Sounds like what we know about Mongolian history.
>>
File: implying.jpg (17 KB, 409x382) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
17 KB, 409x382
>>69911117
>>
>>69911082
It makes more and more sense the more you think about it, especially when GRRM has stated that he based the War of Five Kings off the War of the Roses.

GRRM is a lazy twat who wanted to write historical fiction but was too lazy to do research.
>>
>>69908293
>and now it's slowly

Wow so deep and unique

Oh no wait literally a trope in loads of films,games and books

Fuck off
>>
>>69911228

take the stick out your ass bro, there is nothing wrong with using some historical bases for your fantasy work.

You think tolkien didn't do a shit load of that?
>>
>>69911228

GRRM ripped of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Accursed_Kings asoiaf seems to have more in common with that period of French history than the English war of roses.
>>
fuck d&d they should do a fuckin beta watch to remove shitty scenes
why couldnt summer pull the sled
are they fuckin retarded
the dog runs into wights to die
the fuckin forest child can throw the bomb to literally collapse ceiling or something but noooooo
gotta die so she wont have to awnser plot questions :^)))))

will coldhands save them judging by the preview?
>>
>>69911298
No, GRRM has said that he wanted to write historical fiction but didn't want to do research. Thats where ASOIAF started.

And Tolken was literally trying to write his own anglo-saxon epic, so yes.
>>
File: created-white-walkers.jpg (68 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
created-white-walkers.jpg
68 KB, 618x412
>Eight thousand years before Robert's Rebellion, a winter known as the Long Night lasted a generation. In the darkness and cold of the Long Night, the White Walkers descended upon Westeros

This chick is older than melly sanders
>>
>>69911448
and they died to literally the first handful of skeletons, let alone a white walker
>>
>>69910788
Lmao this.

Why didnt the old nigga just say " shit son the WW officers can see you and if they touch you we all ded ".

Nigga had like 2-3 fucking seasons to do so, instead he had to fucking jerk off showing Hodor as a kid.
>>
>>69908870
same. i want a looping gif of child hordor. maybe throw in a pair of headphones too.
>>
>>69908141
le evil men we had to protect ourselves from le evil men

Fucking /tv/ fanfiction is better than this trash
>>
can't bran just travel back to when ice piccolo touched him and not let him touch him, then he won't know where they hid?
>>
>It's a human are actually the bad guys because they were fucking forests n nature and shit up episode
>>
>>69911306
War of the Roses was War of the Five Kings, anything beyond that is not really related to english history. GRRM is just a hack who lifts plotlines from history instead of other media.
>>
>>69911061
Cotf = Neanderthals
>>
>>69908236
>creating a shadow person from your cunt isn't dark magic
>>
>>69911532
So you are missing a huge part of the time-travel aspect.

If Bran arrives in the barrow with Hodor rather than Wylis, then the "Hold the Door" event has already taken place sometime in Bran's future. Therefore if Hodor exists and not Wylis, Bran definitely has fucked up in the future.

It is reversing the requirement of cause --> effect. Here effects can come before causes and therefore effects can 'cause' the cause.

You follow me you dense PoS?
>>
>>69911727
Giving birth to niggers isn't magic, anon. Africans and Swedes do it all the time.
>>
How come they didn't stockpile more fire rocks? How come the alien chicks didn't mate with everyone to create more alien chicks?
>>
File: got dog war.png (149 KB, 335x526) Image search: [Google]
got dog war.png
149 KB, 335x526
>>69910337
Underrated post.
>>
>>69911696
Cotf = The people built Stonehenge.
>>
>>69911839
They are clearly too stupid to use the fireballs correctly as evidenced by the last one holding onto it
>>
Can we talk about how the reveal that Sauron created the Uruk-hai removed a lot of the magic and mystery of the story?
>>
>>69908141
Honestly not a fan of demystifying shit, it steals from the sublime and makes shit trivial "well duh, golum ice zombie mutants, not a big deal" as opposed to simply embodying the impendig doom.

And oh god even though I liked the sad stuff with Jorah and ho_do the episode just felt so shit, everything looks ugly, that fucking four minutes long recup of the first season, the cgi. Why do they even spend money on cgi if they make one zombie sceletor and the other a dude with pouder on his face? Just seems like a waste of recourses in a show where they cry that the episodes are too expensive to make.
And don't get my autism started on the final tree trip. They could have at least justified the timeloop with some final piece of information that bran had to obtain, instead he is there simply to SET EVERYTHING INTO MOTION.
>>
>>69909197
But they "DID IT TO STOP MEN!"
I know men also means mankind, but with all the shit I've seen this season and every single child of the forest appearing to be female, it's hard to take that line any other way.
>>
>>69911953
This is a poor allegory, Orcs and Uruk-hai are different creatures.
>>
>>69912040
Just as humans and white walkers are different creatures.
>>
>>69908141
If they created white walkers for eco-terrorism the question is why did their creation turn on them
>>
>>69912040
Plus there was never any mystery as to how they were made or what their goals are. Was all established fairly early on.
>>
>>69909041
KEK
>>
File: z.jpg (216 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
216 KB, 1280x1024
I have to say hodor dying was the only time I teared up watching this whole series so they did that well, aside from that - tormund giving bri the fuck eyes and maybe the scene where they make the ice king were the only memorable moment. Also I'll miss Max.
>>
>>69908952

Nobody with good judgement still watches this show so yeah it does makes sense
>>
If the CotF created the others and probably created the wall, why are they on the wrong side? Could the be another wall further north that fell, causing the others to show up in what we know as beyond the wall?
>>
>>69912158
Its odd to have such a renowned actor so under-utilized. Figured he would have at least stuck around for the season.
>>
>>69911953
I would say it added to mystery. We were introduced to orcs that looked like elves, so it is implied that maybe all the orcs are descendants of elves or they have the same origin or some shit. Also orcs weren't a kind of a mysterious force beyond the human recognition that was looming above every pitiful squable of the mortals. They were very tangible enemy and they origin didn't really matter.

Just compare their very presentation to white walkers: orcs were very "what you see is what you get." They kill, eat and want to destroy. Walkers are (or were) a mystery: they clearly don't give a fuck about life but how or why was unknown.
>>
>>69912069
Same reason the Flood from Halo kills every living thing even though it was designed to be guardian of the Precursors.
>>
>>69912210
Literally every great actor on this show has had such wasted potential. Bobby B died too early, Ned as well, fucking stannis had awful writing, three eyed raven was barely in the show, along with Balon.

It's like the more acclaimed you are, the more likely you are to be cut
>>
>>69910337
Just spilled my chocolate milk on my sandwhich.

thank u very much.
>>
>>69911306
Pretty much any country that ever had feudalism had through a period like that
>>
>>69912299
its almost as if they cost more money or something
>>
>>69912299
At least they all had a good amount of lines and stuck around for at least most of a season. Max had what? 12 lines? And died after only appearing in a single scene in 4 episodes and no particularly memorable moments. Why even bother?
>>
>>69911471
To be fair the main one that sacrificed herself was laying there getting stabbed for a while before blowing herself up. So maybe she would of lived a while?
>>
By the by how does Meera think she can outrun the white walker and wights while hauling Bran? Since Bran is marked and can be seen by the walkers.
>>
>>69908141
So why did the White Walkers hate them anyway?

Or do they just hate everybody?
>>
>>69912529
You want answers? TOO BAD HERE COCK IN THE FACE FOR YOU
>>
>>69908141

why doesnt bran just go back to this vision and stop them? give them all brain damaging seizures
>>
>>69911669
There are some parallels:

Henry VI - The Mad King

Margaret of Anjou - Cersei

Edward IV - Robert Baratheon/ Robb Stark

Duke of York - Ned Stark

Earl of Warwick - Tywin Lannister

Richard III. - Stannis

And so on..
>>
should i call cotf childrenfu or cotffu? they both seems off for reasons
>>
>>69912563
he might, who knows....you would think that he is definitely fucked, being carried through the frozen wastes with no wolf, hodor etc... but eh....its still far better than walking dead
>>
Why don't the White Walkers use obsidian daggers to create more White Walkers instead of useless wights?
>>
>>69912563
There is no changing the past. If you go back in time to do something, you ALWAYS went back in time to do it and either failed, were the reason it happened or caused something else to happen.
>>
File: 1446375740879.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446375740879.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>each episode of season 6 costs $10,000,000 to make
>>
>>69912645
Margaret of Anjou is black, though
>>
>>69912780
>gets pirated 10 million times.
>>
>>69912815
Dont remind me..
>>
>>69908141
Second from the left looks like Nic Cage.
>>
>>69912871
Fuck sake, can't unsee.
>>
>>69912502
They're on a sled on a mountain how do you think?
You must live in Denmark, Australia and the American Midwest, you stupid flatlander
>>
>>69912774

but he made hodor retarded

whos to say next week he wont have a vision where he stops them being created and they all just disappear
>>
>>69912904
Do you not understand English?
>>
>>69912899
>Australia
We have mountains and skiing in Australia. I am 1km above sea level right now.
>>
File: 1457810519957.jpg (40 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1457810519957.jpg
40 KB, 350x350
>>69912871
Goddammit man
>>
I do not understand what was happening with Bran and Treeface. He was saying he had to become him or something? Then he said he had to leave him? Somehow bran warged into Hodor while simultaneously being warged back-in-time?

Did bran warg into hodor from the past? Why did Meera's yelling cause brain damage?
>>
>>69913092
I suppose Hodor in the past felt his own death
>>
Man coolest thing about the walkers was that you don't know what they're about ot where they're from or anything.

And the show just goes and straight up throws that out the window with a 6 second scene.

To make it worst the reality/truth is something that we've all already seen in a dozen different thing. Oh boy we created this thing because reason but we cant control it anymore! Uh oh!

Like fuck off d&d
>>
>>69908141
worse than midichlorians. absolutely disgusting
>>
>>69911386
Why was everyone so attached to summer? The dogs don't do anything except have token scenes in combat once in a while
>>
>>69913310

we still dont really know what theyre about

what are they trying to do and why? do they want to see all life destroyed?

that would be a really flimsy reason to be for the main antagonist in the story. they have no ability to reproduce and no desire for a civilisation or anything of their own, so if they just want to create a barren earth that would be a real bunch of shit
>>
>>69913463
Not Summer in particular, but it was always hinted that the Direwolves had a greater purpose in the overall narrative but now they are being killed off left and right. Feels really cheap, just a bunch of build up that led to nothing.
>>
>>69913520

i think a lot of readers/viewers felt they would be symbolic of something important

in the book i suppose summer served as a way for bran to explore his powers

still pretty shit
>>
why did Bran have to ruin everything. I was really enjoying the 3ER and the flash backs to historical shit. I'm literally upset with him that now we have to watch him run away for the rest of who knows how long. fuck you Bran
>>
>>69911448
over 9000 years old and too stupid to know she could have just thrown her grenade instead of going full snack bar,shit was retarded
>>
You all belong in /got/ general.

I cant believe how many fans there are for this shit tier high budget porn series. Stop shitting up this board with needless threads
>>
So, are all of the children gone now?
>>
>>69911953
Dont you mean Saruman? Dense pos.
>>
>>69910286
Back to plebbit
>>
>>69908293
that is literally what happens in every low-fi/mid-fi work ever
>>
>>69910286
his death looked so forced
>lmao imma take a whole army by myself grrrr

those wolves really served no purpose whatsoever to the story
>>
>>69913764
>haters still exist
GoT isn't perfect but it's the best medieval low fantasy show ever made.
+boobs
>>
>>69914109
>Best Medieval low fantasy show ever made

Not exactly a high bar. Name 3 others that weren't complete shit.
>>
>>69914134
my point still holds though
>>
>>69914156
And your point is still... pointless. Ok GOT is better then an handful of SyFy original shows and Legend of the Seeker, its still fucking shit.
>>
File: autism diagnosis.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
autism diagnosis.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>69909082
>>
>>69909514
The USA: 24th in education and showing it.
>>
>All these autists comparing GoT and Mass Effect

I can't imagine the autistic bubble you plebs live in.
>>
>>69914220
no my point still holds because medieval fantasy panders to a large audience
see the profusion of works in literature
see LotR
HBO also has the expertise to make good shows
so it works and it's very popular
>>
How did th at girl kill the WW? I though the only way was woth Valyrian Steel and Dragon Glass?
How come some random spear she threw killed him?
Or did it only shatter him, but He'll be revive?
>>
>>69914447
You really can't comprehend that it was a dragon glass spear?
>>
>>69914447
sam gave her some dragon glass in an earlier season. she made a spear.
>>
>>69914447
we saw her building the spear with dragon glass in a previous episode speedreader-kun

a bit stupid though since it became a one-use tool
>>
I still don't understand if Bran can affect the past or not
>>
>>69909058
They're not all female and they're not even fucking children in the books

D and D are hacks
>>
>>69908276
doesn't need to make sense its magic you fuck stain
>>
>>69908293
Magic was almost extint south of the wall.
It made a comeback with the dragons.
>>
>>69914581
He can interact with the past events, but since it all happened already, the present remains unchanged.
>>
>>69914581
he can but not in a way to change it
what he's doing, he already did
>>
>>69914649
>>69914650
How does the Night's King hurt real life Bran if it was all just a warg?
>>
>>69914581
He can, but anything he affects in the past, he has always affected in the past. He doesn't change anything, because he always did it. There is only one timeline, everything is predestined.
>>
>>69914683
because NK has obviously some passive magic buff

seriously I can't begin to imagine that people don't understand a show as simple as GoT

the only difficult thing is learning all the names
>>
Can we talk about the CotF looking like Mystique from xmen just got covered in algae and chewed spinach when they're supposed to look like little kids with chestnut skin white deer spots with big floppy deer ears and big vertical eyes
>>
>>69914683
We will probably learn one day. NK seems to have tremendous power, as we've seen.
>>
>>69914581
yes he can. the only reason for hodor to never recover from his autism is that if he did, he wouldnt be the same companion for bran. so bran couldnt go back and make him HODOR
>>
File: 1jobD&D.jpg (223 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1jobD&D.jpg
223 KB, 600x800
>>69914755
atleast leaf looked good in season 4. season 6 children are a fucking abortion
>>
>>69908141
it was obvious. if you didnt get that they had a role in it then your to daft to get that little finger is one of the main bad guys of the show.

multiple starks dead because of him and the lannisters have insane debt to the iron bank. he arranged the marriage of sansa and ramsay probably not expecting her to survive
>>
>>69914755
Yeah and the White Walkers are supposed to look beautiful in a way, not like corpses.

D&D dont give a fuck though.
>>
>>69914786
He doesn't directly change the past. It's like a "bleed" effect where things from real life bleed through his inception-like warging
>>
>>69908276
>can only be killed by that which created them
It's literal poetry m8
>>
>>69914755
>the CotF looking like Mystique from xmen

no they looked like the fairies from True Blood who threw exactly the same grenades
can't believe I don't see more posting about this, it looked so bad
the fairies in TB literally made me drop the show
>>
>>69908141
I was too busy laughing at the sticky grenades
>>
>>69914683
because bran is both in the present and the past when hes doing his magic bullshit. the NK has a big enough power level to notice bran, or bran is autistic and cant keep his presence hidden without the old fart.
>>
>>69914837
Anyone know why the WW at the end of the episode behaved themselves as LotR goblins?
>>
>>69914837
But DABID how will people know that White Walkers are bad if they look pretty?
>>
>>69914847
i think he is both in the past and the present when he does it. so he can change stuff as he wants as long as it doesnt contradict his present state. its not just bleeding and predetermined - he has choice, but his choice is limited
>>
File: 1451486578054.jpg (54 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
1451486578054.jpg
54 KB, 700x472
Just watched it.

>Summer killed
>Hodor

For fuck sake...
>>
>>69908141
What show is this star trek?
>>
>>69914873
They were thermal detonators m8
>>
>>69913641

Perhaps she was tired of living
>>
>>69914857
Probably because noone watched true blood
>>
>>69914952
It might have even been sad if they actually died for a reason and not just dumb bullshit.

Also didn't help that the tree people were throwing fucking magical grenades around in the same scene. It was all just too fucking silly and poorly done to be emotional.
>>
>>69908293
Nah magic ebs and flows. The cycle continues, just gotta light some more dudes on fire.
>>
>>69914952
How many direwolves are left? Ghost and Nymeria?
>>
>>69915003
this is why I'm surprised
I didn't expect /tv/ to have good taste for once

True Blood is probably the most embarassing show I've watched
>>
>>69915027
>Implyinh D&D remember Nymeria
>Implying GRRM remembers Nymeria

Ghost is fucking decorative at this point anyway.
>>
>>69913641
she slowed them down more when she was there for them to chew on. if she just threw the grenade she would have just killed a few of them and would have slowed them down insignificantly. when they clumped up on her they caused a block in the tunnel and then the granade just caused confusion and a bit of cleaning up.
>>
>>69908141
>While everyone is busy talking about Hodor
Reminder that Summer is dead.
Zombies killed him.
>>
>>69915075
>Implyinh D&D remember Nymeria
I actually expect her to show up and die in the same ep
>>
>>69915131
That would make it 3 direwolves in one season.
>>
>>69910324
They aren't actually children...
>>
>>69915175
Nah, next season.
>>
File: Top_Kek.jpg (15 KB, 283x299) Image search: [Google]
Top_Kek.jpg
15 KB, 283x299
>>69910337
>>
>>69909531
>>69909710
Hodor is Martin
White Walker appearance is D&D.
I think Martin even confirmed that the Night King on the show ISN'T the Night King in the book universe.
>>
Are all the Children of the forest dead now? This reminds me of the movie Legend.
>>
>>69915237
grenade suicide has been made a LOT of times in both movies and shows

it's bad writing
>>
File: 484644818.jpg (151 KB, 387x594) Image search: [Google]
484644818.jpg
151 KB, 387x594
>>69908141
i want to fuck Leaf so hard
>>
>>69915075
Martin does, as evidenced with Arya's dreams. And comments of people in the Riverlands.
>>
>>69915380
Nah, that was all just Bran.
>>
>>69915237
No definite answer, in the books the children suggest there might be more of them north of the wall. Although this is all super vague and leaf could just be talking about the tunnel system under the tree.
>>
>>69914982
lmao
>>
>>69915443
What. Go read Arya's chapters and Jaime/Brienne chapters. Or check the wiki for Nymeria, I'm sure it has sources.
>>
>>69915558
Yeah, it was Bran warging into her dreams in the past and warging into Nymeria. Don't you know how GoT works any more?
>>
>>69909829
>if the far east of essos is connected to the far north of westeros.

probably
>to go north you must go south, to go west you must go east
>>
>>69908952
Because women are morons

Creating white walkers is like letting refugees in
>>
>>69908141
"What is your name?" Jesus asked. "My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many.
>>
>>69908276
Man you're really gonna hate it when you learn about superman
>>
>>69908198
I think the four horsemen white walkers control the others like a hivemind
>>
>>69909130
Dryads
>>
>>69911782
No, you are missing it.

If your closed time travel loop requires a character to act stupidly as part of its chain of causality, then you should not have written it that way and you're a bad writer.
>>
so, what if the girl stayed a couple minutes more and threw 1 more holy tree branch-spear on each WW? would all that shit be over?
>>
>>69913520
>Fvr wavt pvrpose?
What did you expect? All the puppers surviving to season 8, having a reunion and forming a Stark Voltron to fight the ww, 3 dragons and Michael Bolton?
>>
>>69908811
I kinda wish they shouted "Magic Missile!"
>>
>>69908656
>really fucks with the lore
Who gives a shit. This is the new lore
>>
I just don't understand how shoving a dragonglass blade into a human's chest turns them into a white walker, but if you hit a white walker with a dragonglass blade, it shatters them. shouldn't they be immune because they already have the blade inside of them? I guess the Others besides the Night's King were transformed the same way that Craster's son was?
>>
>>69912158
>>69912210

Syndow was terrible in the entire role. The original actor was incredible and seemed like a guy who had been living in a tree for thousands of years. His voice was absolutely perfect.
>>
>>69915601
This guy gets it. Bran is everything. Bran is everyone.
>>
>>69917105
You were made with sperm, doesn't mean you can't drown in it.
>>
I firmly believe that GOT is just a meme show at this point. Everyone watches because it's the "in" show to watch but nobody actually believes it's any good.
>>
>>69917957
Pretty much, it has its moments. It's walking dead tier now
>>
>>69914683
May be Night's King also warging through time.
Brann can't not directly touch other people in the past but he can touch BloodRaven .
>>
>>69908141
so, are the children extinct now?
>>
>>69920376
I hope so.
>>
>>69909514
nobody even likes mass effect
>>
>>69910646
Yeah, I thought the same. It doesn't make sense at all. Unless events didn't happen in the same order in the TV show.
As far as I know, according to the book the war between the First Men and the Children of the Forest started on year 12,000 BC. They signed the peace treaty around 10,000 BC. And the Others are first sighted and start their slaughtering around 8,000 BC.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.