[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys DO know it's gonna make millions and get raving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: ghostbusters2016.jpg (173 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters2016.jpg
173 KB, 1280x855
You guys DO know it's gonna make millions and get raving reviews right?
>>
>>69897950
Only millions? Not tens of millions?
>>
>>69897950

Nostalgia isn't enough anymore. It actually has to be good.
>>
>>69897950
raving reviews? probably because the media thinks they're socially obligated to ensure this movie succeeds but will it make millions in profit? probably not because the public either doesn't like it, doesn't care or in China's case are prohibited from seeing it.
>>
Not a cent out of my pocket so whatev lmao
>>
>>69897950
It will make millions, with international sales and home release it might even cover its production budget back too.

It certainly will get stellar reviews, half of the reviewers will be in Sony's pocket and the other half will support it for political reasons.

But it will still be an awful film.
>>
Did anyone even ask for this?
>>
>>69898200
>international sales
movies about ghosts are prohibited by the government in China so no
>>
millions of dollars compared to the hundreds of millions wasted on this movie and it's ad-campaign.

and the only raving reviews are going to be Stark Raving Mad Feminists against the male gender.
>>
>>69898253
Even Ghost?!
>>
>>69897950
I know its gonna make a shit ton of money, but raving reviews...I'll wait and see.
>>
>>69898294
No back then it was okay it's only been like the past decade or so that they banned any movies with supernatural elements because it could give people ideas about spirituality that may distract them from their secular duty to the state or some other commie rhetoric nonsense.
>>
>>69897950
Can someone concisely explain why people are predicting this will be shit?

The only things I've heard is that it's not with the original cast, the females are unattractive, and being female they will likely be unfunny, unlikable, and possibly PC.

Is there more to that?
>>
it will get raving reviews because every outlet is obligated to tow the pandering line.

if you dont like the movie its because you hate women not because its a shit script or poorly presented
if you give the movie a bad review its because you hate women not because its a shit script or poorly presented
>>
>>69897950

>it's gonna make millions
If it doesn't make 200 million dollars it won't break-even.

>and get raving reviews
This much is true. Recent reviews from mainstream critics look like fucking Tumblr blog-posts. They'll be fucking TERRIFIED of being labeled a "woman-hater" and they will give this movie at least average reviews, if not above average, due solely to Sony's tactic of shaming people who complain about this movie.
>>
>>69898418
Watch any trailer, it's filled with shitty jokes and predictable punch lines. Also the entire cast are women, who are objectively less funny than men and seem to be there just for a diversity quota.
>>
>>69898214

Amy Pascal and Tumblr.

Aside from that....not really.
>>
>>69898393
Why is Christianity supposedly flourishing over there then?
>>
>>69898418
because of it's dated special effects, lame clichéd jokes like someone getting dropped while trying to crowd surf and it's simultaneously playing the progressive card through its marketing and lines like "is this a black thang or a lady thang" while being incredibly socially regressive with characterizing the black one like that.
>>
>>69898393

This.

In addition to the full-retard Commie principles of government-enforced atheism, there's also an element of protecting China's "cultural norms".
There's some sort of archaic principle in Chinese traditionalism that forbids the portrayal of corpses and skulls in media due to it "disrespecting the dead" or some other such nonsense. They fucking banned Inferno Cop because the guy in it has a skull for a face.
>>
>>69898541
I don't know. All I know is movies about ghosts are banned in China...

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/616116/China-bans-ghost-movies-Hollywood-fear-sales-slump-censorship-Crimson-peak

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/10/no-ghosts-allowed/411940/

https://filmschoolrejects.com/chinas-ban-on-ghosts-in-movies-deals-another-blow-to-crimson-peak-73721095da93#.6gt9mkdin
>>
>>69897950
Like Fantastic 4?
>>
>>69898285
Check your privilege.
>>
>>69898418
The entire plot leaked months ago and it is a stinker.
>>
>>69898446
>If it doesn't make 200 million dollars it won't break-even.

It needs much more than that anon. IMDB and Wikipedia report the budget as $154 million estimated and who knows how much money spent on marketing, lets say its $30 million for starters and bring the total to $184 million. Now, the thing to remember is studios absolutely do not receive nearly 100% of the gross, at best its ~45%. This movie will need to make north of $370 million to approach breaking even and that's likely being conservative considering how much is spent on marketing these days.
>>
>>69898866
I will. I'll check those double dubs
>>
>>69898866
Try saying baby-men several times in a row.
>>
>>69897950
You guys DO know you don't have to watch it right? Just don't ever watch it.
>>
>>69898446
Only $44 million for marketing?
>>
File: 14lw01.jpg (44 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
14lw01.jpg
44 KB, 720x368
>>69899087
>>
>>69898126
>China's case are prohibited from seeing it.
Why do they have a law against ghosts or something?
>>
>>69899378
yes. see...
>>69898393
>>69898701
>>
>>69897950
800k dislikes is beyond any "internet culture", normies will hate this too. It will be regarded as a bad movie by most people I think.
>>
File: Denial Dog.png (1010 KB, 585x878) Image search: [Google]
Denial Dog.png
1010 KB, 585x878
>>69898418

>Can someone concisely explain why people are predicting this will be shit?

How new are you to movies?

>Soulless reboot of an 80's classic to cash-in on nostalgia
>Filled with C and D-list actors from other unfunny movies and TV shows
>Script that went through like 20 different rewrites
>Directed by an effeminate loudmouth whose best movie is fucking Bridesmaids
>Made by Sony, i.e. a company that has been churning-out box-office cancer for the past 5 years with maybe one mediocre movie anually
>Has multiple Sony suits vying for control of it, interfering with any sort of creative vision that could possibly guide the production
>Sony desperately needs it to be a cash-cow, so it's been designed around selling toys and merchandise
>Was made at the behest of Amy Pascal, a Sony executive so stupid she can't even spell properly in a business e-mail
>Was made for the purpose of promoting "GRRRRRL POWER!", not making a good movie
>Massive amounts of in-fighting and friction on set, with multiple cast-members and production-staff extremely unhappy about the final product

How many fucking red flags do you need?
>>
>>69897950
Yes because reviewers are sjws. Those queers at screen junkies will probably go on every week about how awesome it is.
>>
>>69899530
>>Was made at the behest of Amy Pascal, a Sony executive so stupid she can't even spell properly in a business e-mail

How is she still an executive there after all of those leaks? Fuck's sake Sony is still as retarded as they were before.
>>
>>69899596

>How is she still an executive there after all of those leaks?

Cronyism and ingrained power.

It's sad when meritocracy is subverted.
>>
>>69899378
Actually yes. Depictions of undead are deemed occult because of the weight they carried in Confucian mythology that the party tried to stamp out. It's archaic now but still law.
>>
>Well, I don't want people to think I'm some misogynist bigot
>better bump up that review score a bit
>>
File: untitled.png (76 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
76 KB, 211x239
>>69899596
you mean the studio that is also making a 21 Jump Street/Men In Black crossover and an animated movie based on emoticons living in a cell phone? Of course Sony is retarded!
>>
>>69899596
>How is she still an executive there after all of those leaks?

Same reason a company like Intel hired a rap star to be its 'director of creative innovation'
>>
>>69897950
it's only a profit if something make billions
>>
>Score is too low: sexist scum
>Score is too high: shill
What will it be out of five stars, bros?
>>
>>69898701
top kek, it's not even gonna make 100 mill at this point
>>
File: Liberal Zone.jpg (34 KB, 385x374) Image search: [Google]
Liberal Zone.jpg
34 KB, 385x374
>>69898425

This.

Liberals have been proving this for the past year with all the clickbait.
It culminated with The Nerd last week though.
One fucking e-celeb on par with Pat the NES Punk or the fucking Game Grumps says he won't review the movie because it looks shitty, and ACTUAL celebrities like Dane Cook, Patton Oswalt and countless others start shitting on him, calling him a "misogynist" and other such complete nonsense.

Sometimes it feels like we're living in a fucking article from The Onion.
These are the sort of situations Conservatives like me joked about 5 or 6 years ago.
"Within the next decade, they'll start calling you 'misogynist' because you don't want to see shitty all-female comedies!"
All that's left is for us to un-ironically be called "anti-Semites" when we say the next Adam Sandler cash-grab looks shitty.
>>
>>69899851
it will get at least 4.5/5 anything less will result in a lynching
>>
>>69899596
>>69899647
She got fired last year?
>>
I'm going to watch it but I'm not paying for a ticket. I'll just buy a ticket to some other movie and then walk into the theater showing this.

I'm genuinely curious to see how much they fuck this up but I don't want to give them a cent of my money. I'll just buy a ticket for a movie that deserves it I guess
>>
>>69898541

Because it's the Way, the Truth and the Light, anon.
>>
>>69900257
>ban ghosts in movies
>cant ban The Holy Ghost
Communists, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>69899530
>Massive amounts of in-fighting and friction on set, with multiple cast-members and production-staff extremely unhappy about the final product

People forget the leaks that McCarthy was unappy with it and that Wiig just phoned it in once she realized the shit show that it really was.
>>
>>69899947
>Patton Oswalt

Thank God his wife died before they could have a son
>>
>>69900505
He has an 8 year old daughter
>>
>>69900611
She will pay the price for his SJW ways. Just ask r9k.
>>
>>69899947
fun fact: the onion is now worth more than most of the legitimate news outlets that it mocks
>>
File: japanese-midget-girl-hobbits.jpg (96 KB, 600x690) Image search: [Google]
japanese-midget-girl-hobbits.jpg
96 KB, 600x690
>>69900611
hopefully she got her mother's looks ..actually scratch that. hopefully there was a maternity ward mix up and she's someone else's kid. pic unrelated.
>>
I have never seen this but I know enough about it to appreciate the franchise.

I think James Rolfe was absolutely correct about "female" Ghostbusters. It should have been a reboot, not a remake.

And it would have been the same thing if they did it with a bunch of male SNL castmembers.

Yeah, throw Andy Samberg and Keenan Thompson in there, it will be shitty anyway.

This is Bridesmades humor and SNL humor combined, it seems.
>>
>>69900611
still, thank god his wife died before they could have a son
>>
>>69899947
>ACTUAL celebrities like Dane Cook
>Dane Cook
>celebrity
Top kek.
>>
>>69900751
he said that reboot was the same thing as a remake, but also that this was a namemake, a remake that was made to make profit off the name
>>
>>69900751
Bill Hader, Darrel Hammond, and Keenan could have done it.
>>
the amount of obnoxious marketing paired with the reshoots theyve had to do means it probably won't even break even and if it does, it'll be barely
>>
>>69900851

In an extremely underhanded way, I really believe there's a sexist element one way or the other and they should have had the original cast come back to have the females earn their respect.
>>
>>69900611
Ugh
>>
>>69901036
they old team was forced to do cameo roles (sony threatened to sue bill murray if he didn't show up in the film)
>>
>>69901036
if the original cast came back, they would have over shadowed these women and passing the torch to them would have been a let down.
>>
>>69897950
this movie will fail
>>
>>69898418

Cast

Director

5 trailers

Plot leaks (thanks Norks)

Anyone who has seen all of this and claims it won't be shit is a liar.
>>
>>69899947
"Cash grab" is an anti-Semitic term already. You're playing on the stereotype of the greedy Jew.
>>
>>69900611
>"he"
>>
>>69901187

Of course not it could be a stand alone film.

Then when the time is right make a sequel.

But this seems like a bullshit cashcow.
>>
>>69901226
So make a movie about four Jews busting me already, Sony
>>
>>69898446

>200 million

kek.

Sony leaks showed that they get like a quarter of the box office.

It's going to have to do like 600 mil (which sounds like a lot, but when you think that the same team has consistently made 300 mil on R rated comedies and this is PG 13 with a huge brand name...)
>>
>>69901222

Forgot;

Sony Remake.
>>
>>69897950
Still won't get me to watch it. I'd rather not support the people who decided to give a huge middle finger to anyone who is a Ghostbuster fan.
>>
>>69898866
>journalism
>>
>>69898011
>It actually has to be good.

Ninja Turtles reboot was god awful and it still made a shitload. But I agree with you on this one. Nostalgia fanboys aren't interested in it, SJW's will just virtue signal that they will go see it, but actually won't. So the onyl way it will make any money is if it is actually good and attracts new audiences, but judging from the loudmouth bix nood jokes the trailer banked on, the movie is shit.
>>
>>69897950
It'll be a huge flop in revenue at least.

Who the fuck finds that black woman funny? I'm not even racist but I can't see anyone loving a simple annoying stereotypical black woman screaming things loudly as a punchline. To top it off, she's not a looker but seemed to be chosen specifically to be as garish as possible.
>>
>>69901624
Young boy action movies usually make pretty decent profits when they're high-budget rehashes. Just look at Transformers. I don't think it's a good example since the target audiences for the new Ghostbusters movie aren't necessarily the dumb popcorn-and-explosion crowd.
>>
>>69901624
ninja turtles will always make money because they hit the same notes every movie with consistency ; all the same turtles , shredder, master splinter are all there on screen. if they made a NEW ninja turtles with female turtles that have no recollection of the cast with a fan base, it would get shit on also
>>
>>69901772
You mean the fun crowd?
>>
>>69901772
The teenagers who made Transformers a hit were not old enough to have ever seen the cartoons. Could have been called Smashbots and it would have still made as much. I doubt nostalgia had much to do with those movies success. Can you think of any movie ever that starred a bunch of middle aged women and was a hit with teenage boys?
>>
>>69897950
Raving reviews from SJWs that love having a broom shoved down their throats.
>>
>>69902076
excellent point

this movie is sex and the city with ghost jokes
>>
its not getting my shekels
>>
File: plebplots.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
plebplots.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>69902054
the pleb crowd
>>
You assume the movie industry critics are the same crowd as the video game industry critics.

This flick is going to be crucified by anyone who is an actual critic and not a twitter nobody.
>>
>>69902345
I'd like to believe that I really would but weren't a good chunk of those people who were frothing at the mouth calling AVGN all sorts of unfounded things from mainstream media outlets like The New York Times and The Atlantic etc?
>>
>>69902076
>Can you think of any movie ever that starred a bunch of middle aged women and was a hit with teenage boys?

The guy who made this reboot is a fucking retard judging from the Sony leaks. He boasted that alien space ghosts was a hundred billion dollar idea. So of course an idiot like that would think that Bridesmaids with proton packs was genius. But the overweight, single, wine drinking, white women who made that a hit don't give a fuck about Ghosbusters. The idiot alienated the only audience members who would actually come out for this.
>>
>>69901388

>and this is PG 13 with a huge brand name

So was Fant4stic. They lost more than 60 MILLION dollars on that boondoggle.
>>
>>69902345

They are actually.

Yes...actual print critics will urinate all over this. Online critics will suck it up and say "pretty good! Better than Transformers!"
>>
ghost busters was about 3 middle aged dudes trying to get a start-up company running despite skepticism and bureaucracy.
>>
>>69901624

>Ninja Turtles reboot was god awful

The Ninja Turtles franchise has always been shit. The Michael Bay movie didn't exactly LOWER the bar.
>>
>>69902736
Yeah, but let's be fair. Fantastic four is cursed. Like The thing took a huge old clobbering time dump on an Indian burial ground while punching an old gypsy cursed.
>>
>>69902425

Their online component.

All of the online divisions are into the retarded tween blog speak and feminism.
>>
>>69902345

>You assume the movie industry critics are the same crowd as the video game industry critics.

They are at this point.

Did you not see the reviews for London Has Fallen?
Someone post the pic.
>>
>>69902345
>You assume the movie industry critics are the same crowd as the video game industry critics.
Politically speaking they pretty much are the same crowd. Movie reviewers are fucking horrible these days who judge movies based on their own personal beliefs instead of on the basic merits of each individual movie themselves.

Don't be surprised when this turns out to be horrible yet ends up with a positive score on Tumblr Tomatoes.
>>
>>69901180
>you're full of shit
...after digging through 20 articles of Bill Murray passive aggressively praising the film, Google informs me you are actually not full of shit
>>
>>69902811

Same with Transformers.

The Bayifications might be technically worse, but the originals in all forms were at the most extremely generous mediocre or okay kids entertainment.

Ghostbusters is actually a good film.
>>
>>69902828

>Fantastic four is cursed.

The shitty 2005 movie and its shittier 2007 sequel both made a ton of money.
They're cursed to have bad movies, not financial flops.
>>
>>69902953
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sony+suing+bill+murray
>>
File: 1457081348366.png (1 MB, 1475x533) Image search: [Google]
1457081348366.png
1 MB, 1475x533
>>69897950
>>
they should have made a female Ghostbusters with attractive, younger actresses
>>
>>69902425
the Atlantic critisized the out of proportion backlash to the movie but they were'nt exactly gushing over the movie. I don't think there's that much to suggest that every liberal critic will love this movie, its only going to be a small chunk who give it a good rating out of support.
>>
>>69902953

Google the actual email.

>I prefer AGGRESSIVE litigation

>Let's be careful this doesn't leak though otherwise P.R. nightmare!
>>
>>69903042
Why does diversity just mean hire a black person? Why aren't Asians or Latinos diverse?
>>
>>69897950
high chance of flopping, Ghostbuster aint shit with international markets
>>
why did they decide to use ghostbusters? what did they think was gonna happen when you take a fanbase that was mostly male who grew up with these movies and then turn them all into chicks then have half the PR and director shitting on anyone as misogynists if they don't want to see it.
>>
>>69903136
extreme ghostbusters
-had egon
had a latin girl and guy
black dude
guy in a wheelchair

this would have been acceptable
>>
kinogate
>>
>>69903090

As someone posted above; When the New York Times is calling random youtubers limp dicked man baby losers via twitter for saying they aren't going to watch it, you can bet there will be no "negative" reviews. Just, at worst, mild disappointment that it wasn't amazing.
>>
File: Ghostbusters flop (2).png (49 KB, 861x687) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters flop (2).png
49 KB, 861x687
surely this movie will under-perform from the estimated gross.
>>
>>69903136
Asians and Latinos aren't as loud as blacks, nor do they have as many patronizing white knights begging Hollywood for jobs for them.
>>
>>69903216

150 mil budget.

100 mil marketing (Sony dropped 300 mil on marketing Angry Birds for an example).

50% of the box office.

Who knows about the toy deals and games etc though.
>>
>>69902953
>The iconic 1980s supernatural comedy is at the centre of the continuing stream of embarrassing emails for Sony, with leaks outlining that executives considered legal action against Bill Murray over his refusal to join the series' planned revival

http://www.baka.com.au/entertainment/movies/sony-hack-bill-murray-almost-threatened-with-legal-action-over-ghostbusters-3-20141216-128372.html

You have two options, be a man and apologize to the guy, or be a a retard and make some snide comment diversion.
>>
>>69903216

that looks like complete speculation
>>
>>69903297
it's a long range forecast estimation, of course it's all speculation, and it's always wrong, it will do a lot worse.
>>
File: 1422838818219.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1422838818219.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>69903042
>>69903042

>MFW Boyega is a race baiting SJW
>>
File: hunchbackburgerking5.jpg (523 KB, 751x517) Image search: [Google]
hunchbackburgerking5.jpg
523 KB, 751x517
>>69903144
it was hubris that they thought that people will like whatever they tell us to like

>>69903189
Extreme Ghostbusters is Burger King Kid's Club committee driven garbage. Gotta have the streetwise cholo and the handicapable cripple ug
>>
>>69903136
They don't speak of Asians as they are a minority with better education and pay than any other race in the other country. This counters the whole white male patriarchy bullshit, so they ignore it.
Mexicans, despite only being here 1-3 generations and immigrating here with nothing, are statistically much better financially, educationally, commit less crimes etc.

So black is still the go-to for 'oppression'.
>>
>>69903370

it's such a shit list

who is going to see this movie? it's gonna open like fucking terminator genisys without any of the international business
>>
File: 5837363.png (994 KB, 1931x809) Image search: [Google]
5837363.png
994 KB, 1931x809
Yes
>>
the movie is going to bomb like batman vs superman

at best it might get some decent opening numbers but will drop off hard from the shitty reviews and people telling their family/friends to avoid it.

i know I inadvertently convinced like 8 people to not see BvS because they kept asking me about it and I said I didn't think they would enjoy it and to wait for the bluray or whatever
>>
>>69903409
fuck you vid kid was the shit
>>
File: Ghostbusters-2016-Trailer.jpg (61 KB, 1024x535) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters-2016-Trailer.jpg
61 KB, 1024x535
>>69897950

Does it bother anyone else that this is supposed to be ''gurl power xD!" the movie, but instead of showing how much better they are about looks and body acceptance, they chose to cast fucking THOR as the secretary character?

The secretary in the original wasn't ''le sexy secretary'', she was a nerd. And yet, in the most petty way possible, they're like ''we got these STRONK women, AND we'll have an eye candy secretary too! That'll show em!"

I just think it shows how transparent the whole ''male power fantasy'' objectifying women bullshit fantasy trope is.
>>
File: CMYQbFVWEAAIO-R.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CMYQbFVWEAAIO-R.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>69903453
Sauce Phantoms? I thought they closed that place!
>>
>>69900219
How do you know what theater to walk into if you buy another ticket? Do you just wait around a bit and follow someone else in?
>>
>>69903468

i really don't see where

the buzz around the trailer has been overwhelmingly negative and this is added to the fact people were iffy in the first place before any trailers

the only buzz appears to be dipshit feminists who don't talk about the movie, just attack anyone who dislikes it. there isn't enough money in that kind of audience who see movies just to be spiteful.
>>
>>69903527
Chris is gonna save it!
>>
>>69903743
chris is a movie poison.
avengers age of ultron - made decent money
capt america civil war without him = made great money
>>
>>69903743

His scenes will be the only bearable ones.
>>
>>69903527
>>69903743
funny how he's probably going to be the best part of the movie
>>
>>69903446

The controversy and rabid feminsts plus branding will open it big.

The problem is once people see it, it's Bridesmaids or Spy without the adult appeal and neither of those two films appealed to kids.

It's also clearly a retread of the original, but not a resequal type deal like Jurassic World or better Creed and TFA which don't erase the original and even contain parts for the original characters.

It's so weird too, because it's a film concept that lends itself to the very idea of franchise.

>Guys are in retirement living off royalty cheques (just like irl)
>Plucky female Ghostbusters local franchise is getting muscled out by douchey Walmart type Ghostbusting outfit
>Turns out Walmart style conglomerate is evil but no one believes our heroines (like the EPA in the original)
>Some of our remaning heroes have to step in and give them a hand (legitimize them to the public)

Instead they do a remake with a bunch of the same jokes. What is wrong with Sony?
>>
>>69903409

>Not crippling your little brother so he can be Wheels in your BK Kids Club roleplay, then changing interests the next week.
>>
>>69903468
>8 people to not see BvS
I really hope these autistic capefags die off soon. Geniunly killing this board a post at a time.
>>
>>69903955
i saw civil war too and told some of those same people they should see it sorry anon
>>
>>69897950
and?
>>
>>69898200
the movie prob already made a good 25-45 million already from toy and random miscellaneous item distribution deals.
>>
>>69903994
Good they were both shit. The dc vs marvel elitism is cancer.
>>
>>69897950
>budget was 150 Million
If this thing gets 100 Million I'll be surprised, and even then its chances of a sequel are dim to none. This faggot Feig wanted to make a trilogy with a spinoff of Slimer and Slimette. The franchise is going to be dead on arrival because of him. He had such a great opportunity to do something amazing, and he shat on it by becoming obsessed with chick flick humor and vagina humor.

The only good thing about this movie will be the Egon chick because she's a die-hard Ghostbusters fan, and Hemsworth, because he's a great actor who's adorable. The rest of the film will be dogshit.
>>
>>69904093
the best thing about the film is that they're bringing back the ecto cooler juice

the movie can fuck off though
>>
>>69900487
>McCarthy was unappy with it
What was she unhappy about
>>
File: ectocooler_main.jpg (236 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
ectocooler_main.jpg
236 KB, 1000x500
>>69904164
>implying they won't fuck up ecto-cooler as well by monkeying with the formula
>>
>>69904233
Not that anon and I have no idea if this is true but apparently she was a big fan of the Ghostbusters cartoon and thinks the moviie has turned out like shit.
>>
>>69902811
This. I watched it on a whim, mostly to laugh at how bad it was, and it wasn't any worse than the old ones. Fuck it managed to be decent in some places. If I were nine years old I would've loved it.
>>
File: 3195139171_ce3a121336.jpg (78 KB, 303x312) Image search: [Google]
3195139171_ce3a121336.jpg
78 KB, 303x312
June 24 (Friday)
>Free State of Jones
>Independence Day: Resurgence

June 29 (Wednesday)
>The Shallows

July 1 (Friday)
>The BFG
>The Legend of Tarzan
>The Purge: Election Year

July 8 (Friday)
>Cell
>Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates
>The Secret Life of Pets

July 15 (Friday)
>Ghostbusters
>The Infiltrator

July 22 (Friday)
>Ice Age: Collision Course
>Lights Out
>Star Trek Beyond

July 29 (Friday)
>Bad Moms
>Jason Bourne

There's too much stuff, every demographic is satisfied, Ghostbusters is going to get SLAUGHTERED.
>>
>>69904279
>monkeying with the formula
is that confirmed?
>>
>>69904323
I haven't seen the new one, but off the cuff I can remember how ridiculous the old Turtle shit was. There was some thing where they fed the bad guys some liquid and made them super bad, and the whole thing was nonsense, but because I was a retarded kid I was cool with it.
>>
>>69898393
huh...what about like Star Wars, with force ghosts and shit?
>>
I'd agree if Mike and Dave looked good and not complete shit.
>>
>>69904433
you may have noticed that the newest one (which is the only one released after the law was passed) has no force ghosts
>>
>>69904335
This. I predict that Independence Day alone is going to be the Jurassic World of this year, being the unexpected summer hit that murders everything else, and has surprisingly long legs. They'll also have the nostalgia pandering market cornered, with none of the baggage that GB has.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qru-RpA54II

Have you guys seen this trailer?

>from the studio that brought you spider man
Why the fuck are they using a movie that's over 10 years old to try and market the new Ghostbusters? Do they think the word spider man will somehow bring Civil War money?
>>
>>69904415

I saw it since my roommate was watching it.

It was awful, yes, but not in a manner that would have bothered me if I was a ten year old.
>>
>>69904545
amazing spiderman with andrew garfield came out 2 years ago anon
>>
>>69904545
>Have you guys seen this trailer?
are you a marketer?
>>
>>69904598
they used the old spider man logo from the raimi films though and didn't say amazing
>>
>>69904553
I mostly remember old Turtle being really fucking weird. It wasn't bad, but it made even kid me go "what the gosh darn heck?"
>>
>>69904335
>Ice Age: Collision Course
Shit! Are they still making these?
>>
The original ghostbuster it isn't that good. In fact it's pretty boring and predictable. The special effects are godtier for the year though.
>>
>>69904335
Competition alone will kneecap the movie, even if people were interested. Just saying the name Spielberg puts asses in seats, same with bay, no matter how much their quality is questioned.
>>
>>69904651
Old tmnt 2 was the worst. They never even used their weapons to fight.
I recall one scene where Mikey was fighting using sausage nunchuks
>>
>>69904659
yup, there's a new one coming out every 1-3 years
>>
>>69904335

>Ice Age and Jason Bourne soon after

Surely there would have been a better release date than competing with these two after the initial word of mouth about how much the movie sucks.
>>
>>69904741
Fuck, yeah, that's one of the weirdest things about it. The SNES game was the shit though. Got to really utilize all their stuff, though the guy with the trident knives or whatever was the worst. Super low attack range.
>>
>>69904691
i want the post-millennials to leave
>>
>>69904773
january would have been the perfect date for this
>>
>>69904857

I'm pretty uneducated about months for release dates, why would January be perfect? I know the summer's pretty packed, but isn't January supposed to be where movies go to die and fail?
>>
>>69904741
It's because a bunch of faggots thought the first movie was too violent so they didn't let anyone use weapons for more than a few seconds.

The first one did have a lot of violence for kids movie though, it just wasn't very graphic unless you looked at it through an adult mindset. Casey kills at least 10 people and crushed shredder right in front of the cops after he got tossed off a 10 story building.
>>
>>69904766
whats the plot anymore? the first one was almost mediocre. Aren't they like 6 movies in now? It isn't even a cash cow like Shrek was, it's just garbage from the start.
>>
>>69904920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohq6NmKMja8
>>
>>69897950

Shit, that's still not out yet?
>>
>>69904908
which is why i said it would be perfect for this flick
>>
>>69898011
point at 19:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezfVc5MGmIU

what is opinion of reboots?
>>
>>69904954
so, no plot

Looks like they spent the entire budget on the rights for Can't Hold Us.
>>
>>69904782
>trident knives
Those are called twin sais. Raph is my favorite character though.
>>
>>69898393
Wow china's a shithole.
>>
>>69904651

The cartoon series was decent actually.

Especially compared the absolute dreck that was He-Man or Transformers.

The movies were always a little disappointing as a kid. The first one was an okay little movie. But the other two were pretty awful.

We still enjoyed them enough because we were little kids.
>>
>>69904298
She was the only star to have done anything to promote the movie. She retweeted the trailer when it officially launched and that was it. It's all quiet on the western front from the others. There will be no press tour.
>>
>>69903409

This is the older version.
In the late 90's they updated it with an Asian.
>>
>>69903493
Kid Vid was a motherfucker. You just knew he was banging Snaps.
>>
>>69904908

The prevailing wisdom was that January and Feburary were by far the worst months for release.

Now every January we get a war movie for some reason.
>>
>>69905345
I'm pretty sure the cartoon series made me think Pizza was like crack. God damn that stringy cheese on those pizzas was appetizing.
>>
>>69905425

Basically end of winter holidays to beginning of summer holidays were the dumping grounds for turds.

Then I think they released Spider-Man in may when the slate was empty and it was huge.

So everyone started releasing earlier.

Then you dumped again in August to December.

Guardians took advantage of an August opening.
>>
>>69905510

Also, June is fine for "a" Ghostbusters film.

A Paul Feig/McCarthy/Wiig Ghostbusters film? Not so much (I don't think any time period is good for that honestly).

If this had been directed by the guys who did the Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street and starred Emma Stone and Aubrey Plaza and that type, and had used the "not quite a remake, not quite a sequel" formula with the original cast returning in their original roles, I think they'd have a sure fire success on their hands.

This just seems like a mistake from the conceptual stage on up.
>>
>>69904806
I watched it both when I was a child and a couple of days ago just to see how much of a "classic" it was. Too bad I was just the average 80's garbage.
>>
>>69905839
>80s
>garbage
post-millennials should just leave
>>
>>69905620
If this had been a great comedy director utilizing muli-million dollar comedic actors to do a Ghostbusters reboot-mega-shitdeal with new storylines and crazy humor I'd have been on-board.

What's sad is that this movie looks like it's banking on sexism to sell. The boob joke, the "slime in my vagina" joke, the "limp dick proton stream" joke, the "I'M A LOUD BLACK SLAPPING WOMAN" joke, the "y-you go first" awkward joke, the "I always open doors wrong" joke, the "ow, I'm stupid and burned myself on my own equipment" joke, the "ha, I'm wearing funny hair" joke, the... god damnit, this shit is an atrocity, and they have the god damned gall to use the LOGO as the stay puffed marshmallow man baddy at the end with a "I liked that random graffiti in the subway" shit. I'm madder than Patty when she was all "I dunno if it was a race thang or a lady thang (even though the other fat lady got surfed just fine and I just landed on a nuclear accelerator that might kill us all)"
>>
>>69905868
There's 80's treasures and 80's garbage. ghostbusters falls under the second category.
Deal with it.
>>
>>69906018
stop posting
>>
>>69906018
If 80s Ghostbusters is garbage to you, your opinion might be garbage m8. Which 80s movies did you like?
>>
>>69906018

Ghostbusters was good. Suck it.
Post your favorite 80's movies or fuck off.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
Was it internalized misogyny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwq3Ir8LXPA
>>
>>69898541
Christianity promotes community, meekness and selflessness so I figure that's the reason they tolerate it. Anything that drives you away from wagecuck worker-ant thinking gets stamped out.

Look up Falun Gong, it was literally just a really popular meditation style with light philosophy overtones but because it encouraged reflection and independent thought you'll have your organs harvested if you're caught practicing it.
>>
>>69901222
Will it be a much of a clusterfuck as fanfourstic though?
>>
>>69906306

I doubt it.

I expect it to be really mediocre. I mean REALLY mediocre. As in actually bad, but still coherently organized and competently produced so it elevates to the level of not actually pathetic. Like Robocop or Total Recall.

Fantastick was a true head scratching mega turd.
>>

A movie can make millions and still be a financial failure.

>and get raving reviews

[citation needed]
>>
>>69901624
There's a generation out there who have grown up with 'Ghostbusters' assimilated in their heads and likely havent even seen the original, and when you combine that with bankable SNL stars and a summer mover you have a meme film.
>>
>>69906297

>Look upon your RMB note. Whose face do you see upon it? It is the Chairman.
>>
So much many contacts did you lose when you cut feminism out of your life /film/?

I lost 4 friends and my mom but it was worth it. A man who doesn't live by his principles doesn't live at all.
>>
>>69906510

None.

I only have one friend who is a feminist and she thinks this looks as shit as the rest of us do.

I like to refer to it as a feminist movie just to make her mad.
>>
>>69897950
>You guys DO know it's gonna make millions and get raving reviews right?

I don't care, I'm still not going to go see it.
>>
File: i understand.gif (469 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
i understand.gif
469 KB, 500x375
>>69899947
>Sometimes it feels like we're living in a fucking article from The Onion.

You have described the last five years of my life in perfect detail.
>>
>>69906510
Yeah, I seriously know about zero SJWs in real life. I at least try to stick with people of an average intelligence.
>>
>>69907022
I know several people who have been indoctrinated into the SJW cult and there's no reasoning with them. The few times I tried to disagree on any point they fly into a rage, instantly cut ties with me etc.
>>
File: 4.jpg (28 KB, 285x347) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
28 KB, 285x347
>>69903409
>calling the crippled kid wheels

>this was acceptable somehow
>>
>>69907308

Yeah it was from a magical time where people were proud of what made them different instead of throwing a bitch fit any time something made them feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>69903409
>>69907473

>calling the thick-lipped nigger jaws
>calling the mexican who no speaky eenglish lingo
>calling the nerd I.Q.
>calling the crotchfire redhead boomer
>calling the crippled kid who needs a wheelchair wheels

lol yeah this wouldn't fly nowadays
>>
>>69899947
>Sometimes it feels like we're living in a fucking article from The Onion.
You feel that way because you care about modern politics at all. If you pull away from them, then it still all just looks like endless satire, but a reason for the circus starts to come into focus.

When I first found huffingtonpost about a decade ago, I thought it was a satire site like the onion, and I'm still half-sure of that, because post-internet politics are completely absurd, because they need to be completely absurd. For if the internet means sane, like minded people can connect with eachother and spread sanity and like-mindedness to others, then our ruling masters need to double down on the insanity and division in order to maintain their powerbase.
>>
>>69907542
nothing ever "flew" at any point in history.

the difference is now, every bitchfit is visible to everyone, whereas before they were only visible to the targets of said bitchfit.
>>
>>69907686
I've thought about this before

There have always been SJW's, it's just now every asshole has a way to broadcast their assholery, that's the only difference
>>
>>69907610

There are headlines from both Huffington Post and Salon now that you could legitimately post on the Onion 5 years ago and not know they weren't satire.

There are Greentext "It's the year 2021" stories from old /new/ that are actually less off kilter than what mainstream society and media indulges in now.

I love it.
>>
>>69897950
It's not going to get raving reviews. Haven't you heard? It's hip to not like it.

>Critics disagreeing with the popular opinion
don't make me laugh
>>
File: melissa_mccarthy_rex_reed_a_l.jpg (89 KB, 928x523) Image search: [Google]
melissa_mccarthy_rex_reed_a_l.jpg
89 KB, 928x523
>>69910167
If they were interested in being hip then they wouldn't have become film critics. They're interested in ingratiating themselves with the film industry's inner circle

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rex-reed-defends-melissa-mccarthy-421352
>>
File: 1461184651691.jpg (17 KB, 616x587) Image search: [Google]
1461184651691.jpg
17 KB, 616x587
I'm guessing 51% on RT and $105 million domestic, it's a Sony movie, their track record in the last few years pretty much points to that being what's going to happen.

Only thing that can save them now is Spiderman, again.
>>
>>69906510
It's odd, I know blacks and women and none of them are SJW, all are pretty redpilled.

Lucky me.
>>
>>69898866
This woman is a master troll.
>>
>>69898393
China actually got rid of that recently. Skeletons/ghosts are allowed now.
>>
>>69906018
Faaaaaggot
>>
>>69911818
then they'll ban this for Melissa McCarthy's running uh.. gag? That she loves Eggrolls instead of having someone attractive love Chinese food.
>>
>>69903409
>kid vid
Shit, why were the 90's so rad? What do kids do these days? All the modern styles, ranging from music to fashion, are as bland as soggy Styrofoam. Modern culture is hell.
>>
>>69911671

It's great b8.
>>
File: 1418615593310.png (14 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
1418615593310.png
14 KB, 178x178
>>69912222
It's because we live in an ultra-pessimistic society where being genuine is looked down upon and nobody believes that anyone is good enough to tell the truth anymore. That is from a combined result of the following: our economy is in the shitter, all of our presedential candidates are literally insane, movies follow trends so closely now that you can barely tell them apart, anything Digital being a "mainstream" thing has reduced it into an extremely casualized version of itself, and pretty much everything to do with Muslims. There's more shit too like the complete invasion of privacy but I'm just going over the big ones.

90s stuff was so rad because the outlook of the future was so bright, and everyone was having a good time. Everyone was ready to move forward, it was pretty peaceful, being a pretentious snobby prick that thinks being ironic 24/7 wasn't viewed as acceptable like it is now.

It's gonna sound cliche but 9/11 was literally the turning point from optimistic cheerful trends to bland boring ones, which as a result just makes everyone even more depressed because nobody is trying anymore.
>>
>>69912843
you're clearly too young to remember the 90s

>the outlook of the future was so bright
ham fisted pro environmentalist fiction had everyone believing the rainforests would be gone by now

>everyone was having a good time
aside from the whole grunge scene where being a mopey bitch was fashionable

>it was pretty peaceful
The U.S. engaged in over 20 military actions in places like Bosnia that they just didn't classify as wars aside from The Gulf War.

>being a pretentious snobby prick that thinks being ironic 24/7 wasn't viewed as acceptable like it is now
the 90s invented douches who hang around coffee shops in sweaters making snarky quips
>>
>>69897950
why i´d wanna watch some 20 years old movie remake? Is it suddenly OK to recycle when you just add HD filter to it?
>>
>>69899086
You're pointing the wrong way Chris!
>>
>>69903189
the girl wasn't latin
>>
>>69904279
>contains 10% fruit juice
Americans, amirite?
>>
>RT score
>critics 89% fresh
>audience 8%
>twimbler gets butthurt over muhsogyny
Calling it now.
>>
File: war-b-forces-b.jpg (114 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
war-b-forces-b.jpg
114 KB, 1024x640
>>69913480
>The U.S. engaged in over 20 military actions in places like Bosnia that they just didn't classify as wars aside from The Gulf War.

It was all peacekeeping things for the most part. The idea of a western soldier actually firing a weapon at someone was still somewhat rare and so unique it was newsworthy. The US was a strong, near-invincible force in the 90s. Not the exhausted, burnt-out and over-stetched limping giant that it is now.
>>
>>69906047
>>69906087
>>69906107
>>69911873

Not the original guy but you guys sound like gigantic plebs. If you think Ghostbusters is a great movie then you likely don't have any interest in film. It's a piece of boring shit made to appeal to teenagers.

Actual good movies that came out in the 80s:

Fitzcarraldo
The Vanishing
Raging Bull
The Hit
Bad Timing
Au Revoir, Les Enfants
Nostalghia
Hannah and Her Sisters
Crimes and Misdemeanors
The King of Comedy
Paris, Texas
Shoah
Blue Velvet
The Right Stuff
Do the Right Thing
E.T.

stay pleb with your baby taste though lads
>>
File: claude-rains-casablanca.png (221 KB, 733x549) Image search: [Google]
claude-rains-casablanca.png
221 KB, 733x549
>>69916513
That is the most try hard movie buff list I've ever seen. What, did you think picking Casablanca was too obvious?
>>
>>69916642

The obviousness of Casablanca never really occurred to me given that it was released 40 years prior to the period I was talking about.

That being said, Casablanca is highly overrated.

And how is my list tryhard at all? Every one of the movies I posted is well-known and more than half the list is out of Hollywood. Given the film illiteracy indicated by your Casablanca crack I'll have to assume that you don't watch movies.
>>
File: GhostBait.png (3 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
GhostBait.png
3 KB, 320x200
>>69916513
honestly if you think three of the 20th century's greatest comedians sliding down a fireman's pole, riding off in a 1950s ambulance and catching inter-dimensional monsters with an energy lasso is boring then maybe you're just a miserable asshole.
>>
>>69915355
>peacekeeping

Keep saying that Merika, but the fact is you're conducting hostile military actions for business interests
>>
File: mifunemajide.jpg (102 KB, 800x458) Image search: [Google]
mifunemajide.jpg
102 KB, 800x458
>>69916513
>Bad Timing
>good
>>
>>69916848

it's Roeg's masterpiece mate
>>
>>69916513

>The Hit
>Bad Timing
>Nostalghia (fuck me, seriously?)
>Shoah (kek)
>Fitzcarraldo

All of these are worse than Ghostbusters.

I'd have let you off the hook if you'd included Burden Of Dreams instead of Fitzy, but oh well.
>>
>>69916792

Nah, I just like my fun movies to actually be fun. Not filled with stale humour that revolves around CGI.
>>
>>69897950

I'll only go see it if the reviewers I trust give it good reviews. I do NOT trust anyone's opinion on this movie. It seems like everyone has a bias either towards or against it.
>>
Remember when nobody knew about this movie because Sony did a shit job at promoting it?
Well, the feminists took care of that. Bravo Sony.

Real talk right now, who even cares about ghostbusters? I'm 23 and never saw the movies. I think my brother likes it and he's 30. Is that the target group they're aiming for, nerdy women in their thirties?
>>
>>69916897

>Ghostbusters
>better than Tarkovsky

Nice try mate.

And Burden of Dreams is better than Fitzy but I wanted to be as mainstream as possible so that the Ghost plebs wouldn't claim obscurantism.

Also I don't believe you've seen any of the movies you just green texted about, especially not Shoah.
>>
>>69912843

>90s stuff was so rad because the outlook of the future was so bright, and everyone was having a good time.

Were you BORN in the 90's by any chance?

The 90's from 89-96 were FAR more pessimistic times than now.

Almost comically so.

Crime was far, far worse, and the economy was absolutely fucked.

The late 90's were the period you were probably thinking of, and consequently produced largely nothing but trash culturally.

Except for 1999. That year in film was glorious.
>>
>>69916876
>my movie's shit
>oh I know I'll present it out of chronological order
intercutting an orgasm with a tracheotomy might've been innovative or edgy for 1980 but it's dull now
Don't Look Now was dead in the water too
>>
So when do you guys think the first movie theater shooting will occur with this one? Opening night?
>>
>>69915355

Did you forget the first Gulf War?

Although it's true. They didn't get to shoot anyone really. Just got some weird disease and cleaned up dead bodies left by the air strikes.
>>
>>69916959

I hate Tarkovsky and I fucking LOATHE Nostalghia.

So yeah, I'd put Ghostbusters ahead of it, on every level.

I've seen all of them btw. I even saw Shoah on multi-VHS.

I had a lonely childhood.
>>
>>69916937

Not "feminists". SJWs. Very different things.
>>
>>69916937
I've seen the originals and even if it was the original cast I wouldn't go see it, I just don't care about ghostbusters.

The whole reason sony is making this is they found out the ghostbusters logo is extremely well known based of some surveys.
>>
>>69917027

Well then you have strange taste. If you think a massive, towering accomplishment like Shoah is inferior to a silly ghost romp that was made to appeal to young boys then I guess we don't really have anything in common when it comes to film.
>>
>>69916937
There is no "target group". This isn't a movie made to entertain, it's made to push a political agenda.
>>
>>69916960
Come to think of it, weren't the 90s the time when women had to start working because the man's salary wasn't enough to feed a family anymore?
>>
>>69917084
then fuck off
>>
>>69917084
In anon's defense it depends on what you're looking for in a film, he clearly values entertainment first and foremost. There've been films I've seen where I've realised the merit of them or their contribution to cinema but they haven't necessarily been particularly enjoyable experiences.
>>
>>69917107
it wasn't made to push any political agenda, that was just an excuse after the fact, it was made for Paul Feig to make a quick and greasy buck off of nostalgia for himself and his cronies from Bridesmaids.
>>
>>69917166

That's all well and good but I think that the fact that he was laughing at the choices I made (movies like Shoah and Tarkovsky for instance) just looks a little silly. If someone tells me that they read for enjoyment and laughingly claim that the novels of Anne Rice are far better than the books of Faulkner or Melville I might be a little incredulous as to the seriousness of their belief.

Also if that guy actually privileges entertainment above all then why would he even sit down to the movies I listed. It's hard for me to believe that someone would take the time it requires to watch movies like Shoah and multiple movies by Tarkovsky if stuff like Ghostbusters is what he loves primarily
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.