[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did this have to do with the original Cloverfield?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 296x170) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 296x170
What did this have to do with the original Cloverfield?
>>
it was a shitty pretentious movie
>>
There WAS more shootymcshootface
>>
not much, which was the reason for my disappointment

as a standalone mystery, it would've been fine
>>
literally nothing. JJ rused us again.
>>
File: nothing.jpg (10 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
10 KB, 261x193
>>
>>69878146
i'm glad it wasn't much related
it was a lot better but should have ended when she got out
>>
According to what I've read, the actors/director/producers have confirmed its a sequel. So is the original cloverfield monster an alien? Or are they both just coincidentally happening at the same time?
>>
muh aliums
>>
File: 97sijyob.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
97sijyob.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>69878146
this HAS to be bait
>>
movie felt a lot like red state
>>
Didn't they destroy the monster from the first city with the bombing?
>>
Literally just saw it.
My take cloverfield monstar from the first movie, was a "living" weapon deploy to just wreck shit up and spread panic while the ships and what not deployed more precise strikes.

Didi feel like they where going just with a psyco kidnapper scenario(like the previous girl???) until the old woman showed up.
>>
>people thinking it should've ended as soon as she left the bunker
>not realizing that this is a bit cliche and a lot of movies with a similar premise end exactly the same way
>>
>>69879029
People actually wanted that? that would've been so shitty and generic.
>>
>>69879156
They are literally in this very thread.

>>69878274
>>
>>69879212
thank god those people didn't win this time
>>
>>69879029
i fell asleep after she left the bunker

it was like every other alien invasion movie at that point
>>
>>69879029
What other movie has ever done that successfully? It would probably be better than an unnecessary, long action scene
>>
>>69879847
Can you actually explain why you thought that was a bad or unnecessary scene?
>>
its a spiritual sequel, like del toro's the devil's backbone and pan's labyrinth. they're not direct sequels or even in the same universe but related by similar premise/themes and shared creators.
>>
>>69879626
So you were awake for 90% of the film then instantly fell asleep when she got out.
>>
>>69879955
I wouldn't mind her escaping and driving off right away if they wanted her to survive, I found the "fight" between her and the alien thing was boring and could have been avoided though

Also, I would have prefered it spent some time giving some closure to the previous events and maybe an explanation of the situation at the end
>>
Nothing, it was just a marketing scheme
>>
>>69880608
it wasn't instant, but yes
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.