[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck television and movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1461969614313.jpg (112 KB, 977x700) Image search: [Google]
1461969614313.jpg
112 KB, 977x700
When did you realize that most TV shows and movies are complete trash devoid of artistic merit? These things are produced to divert you from higher goods and waste your time.

Why would Hollywood want to degenerate people's minds? What's the motivation? Oh yeah, you are willing to GIVE THEM MONEY, to watch ads, TO ADVERTISE FOR THEM, to buy merch, to waste even more time talking about their shit creations. Interestingly, these shit creations can also be used as vehicles for metaphors surrounding political campaigns.

It's unbelievable that you people waste so much fucking time and money watching and talking about garbage. You're being tricked-- brainwashed, even.

Call me a tin-foil fedora hat wearing whatever the fuck, I'm right, you're wrong. I don't waste my time watching this shit. I'm better than you.
>>
I love weekend /tv/
>>
he's right, you know
>>
>>69864723
this, same with music and literature at this point to be honest

give me a quiet room, a chair, and my thoughts, and i'm fine
>>
>>69864723
You need to be over 18 to post on 4chan, kiddo.
>>
b-but I like watching movies.
>>
The only true art is shitposting
>>
>>69864723
You are so cool. Teach me to be as cool as you. Do I have to buy my clothes at hot topic now or does that come after I get a haircut?
>>
>le life has meaning meme

It's a bigger waste of time to even debate this.

Why aspire to do anything? I can sit on my ass and be entertained for pennies on the dollar.
>>
>>69864723
>>>/r/eddit/
>>
>>69865036
>disagree with me
>say I shop at hot topic

Way to refute my point, faggot.

>>69865040
You will never see the better (more meaningful) or even the more fun things in life with that bum attitude.

>>69865119
>/r/
>>
>>69865040
Goooood goyim
>>
What's your definition of a fulfilled life then?
>>
>WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

You are a walking joke, brother.
>>
>>69865601
I'm glad you asked.

>be in good health, both physically and mentally
>eat good food
>become an expert at something, to the extent that your level of ability is respectable to people in the field/community
>be a part of a community in general
>go on adventures with people, dates, etc.
>cultivate virtue to be a stronger person
>make "fuck you money"-- enough money to where you don't have to take a considerable amount of shit from anybody
>become a worldly person who can appreciate the true value of art
>if you feel the impulse, start a family

This is just off the top of my head. Nowhere in this list do you see "sit on your ass for hours upon hours consuming trash".

>>69865650
Who are you quoting, anyway?
>>
>>69864723
>artistic merit

lol what is
>>
>>69865972
Did you accomplish at least one of those things?
>>
>>69865972
this is actually great, reading it was inspirational
>>
>>69864723

And do what about it? What tangible good has come out of my awareness that most media is propaganda? All it's done is made me unable to enjoy things I used to like and alienate me from people.The influence of Israelis in media, finance and global politics is unreal and to bring it up immediately ostracizes you from most people. And then most of the people who talk about it are Neo-Nazis that would make an even worse world if they gained similar influence.

The people that just focus on their small world are probably in the right.
>>
>>69864723
>>69864849
>>69864892

He's fucking right
>>
Yeah man I was watching the comedy movie Tropic Thunder and DA JOOOS WERE POISONING MY BRAIN WITH LAUGHTER

Fuck off you fat greasy soccer mom eating out faggot

Learn to enjoy somthing, oh wait, you're on /tv/
>>
File: 1457192946603.jpg (46 KB, 925x499) Image search: [Google]
1457192946603.jpg
46 KB, 925x499
>When did you realize that most TV shows and movies are complete trash devoid of artistic merit?

GoT season 5, stopped watching TV all together after that shit.

When i see a movie in the cinema, I want to leave all the time now.

Video games are a waste of life too.

Life is better without these things.
>>
Alright I just have one more question my messiah, where does true artistic merit lie?
>>
>>69864723

No-one has ever thought of or noticed this before. I tip my hat to you, my good sir
>>
>>69865040

>life is meaningless (so I've heard)
>therefore I am going to do literally nothing
>no wait, less than nothing
>I am going to spend my limited existence filling my mind with literally soul-eroding garbage because le life has no meaning :^)

s u b h u m a n

u

b

h

u

m
>>
File: goy life.png (3 MB, 1632x1088) Image search: [Google]
goy life.png
3 MB, 1632x1088
>>69866628

>implying ben stiller isn't an mk ultra slave
>>
>>69866628
>you fat greasy soccer mom eating out faggot

Hahaha, what the fuck?

>>69866822
Originality, world generation, synthesis of old materials into something new with a tasteful grasp of homage and irony, crowd control vis a vis comic and tragic elements, and all of this being a successful reflection of the mind of the artist, who reveals themselves only in clever ways, because they live with grace.
>>
>>69866676
don't worry anon you will outgrow 16 soon enough, just hang in there
>>
File: 1462492528587.jpg (60 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1462492528587.jpg
60 KB, 333x333
>watching TV

The worst is when you see your parents or anyone else watching TV as soon as they have spare time. It makes me want to hit them in the face and yell at them for being retarded.

idk just pirate a good movie instead...
>>
>>69864723
I bet you tommorow you'll go back to marthoning Battle Star Galactica ot whatever the fuck you're doing
>>
>>69867552
You type like a faggot.
>>
>>69865040
keep watching rick & morty you pseudo intellectual faggot ass
>>
well personally I like the level of escapism I can achieve with the moving picture format compared to reading

I love television and movies for the sheer fact that for a brief period of time, I can escape my dull, meaningless life.
>>
>>69867685
You're right, he should type in all lower case and pepper in desu a few times.
>>
File: 1457246083097.png (55 KB, 165x168) Image search: [Google]
1457246083097.png
55 KB, 165x168
>>69867568
The interesting thing was, at that age, I thought it all was the greatest thing ever.

I guess not wanting to watch shit on Tv makes me 16. wew.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.