[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darth Vader: >Chokes the shit out of failed admirals with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: th.jpg (8 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8 KB, 300x199
Darth Vader:
>Chokes the shit out of failed admirals with ease, ensuring the Empire's officers are always on their toes
>Calm, cool, collected all the time, only breaking stoicism to throw the Emperor down a bottomless pit
>tons of memorable lines that people from the 70's remember to this day and spurred countless ripoffs/homages
>the franchise's most iconic and profitable character

Kylo Ren:
>Destroys valuable Imperial hardware in angsty hormonal temper tantrums
>Always whining, crying, or bleating out some ineffectual emotionally-driven orders to his more competent subordinates, like some kind of nu-male
>Carries a ridiculous-looking lightsaber with laser crossguards that only don't cut him to bits because plot armor
>nobody can remember any of his lines, not even that one line that Disney wants shoved down our throats
>>
>>69854426
So they are different characters. Would you prefer a carbon copy of Vader instead?
>>
>>69854426
Kylo Ren is like half his age and killing people when they fuck up in the slightest is not calm and collected. Try again. Although you're right about how memorable and iconic Vader is, but that has a lot to do with him having almost 40 years of history behind him.
>>
What are you trying to argue?
>>
>>69854426
>not even that one line that Disney wants shoved down our throats
Which line was that?
I literally can't remember a single piece of his dialogue.
>>
>>69854426
Congratulations, you got the point.
>>
>>69854426
>nobody can remember any of his lines
proofs ?
>>
>>69854426
>YOU NEED A TEACHER
>ITS JUST US NOW
I liked Kylo a lot. He was the best part of the new movie. I feel like there will be a good amount of character development in his future.
>>
>>69855913
I will finish what you started
>>
>>69855973
>there will be a good amount of character development in his future
I wouldn't hold my breath, to be frank.
>>
>>69855852
>Kylo Ren is like half his age
A man in his physical prime should not be a whiny bitch prone to producing waterworks. Imagine this logic extending to real-world military. Wouldn't it be a terrible idea to conscript anyone 18-22 years old if they were all nu-males like Ren?

>killing people when they fuck up in the slightest is not calm and collected
That's an exaggeration, and Vader retained his cold stoicism even as he choked out admirals who failed him.
>>
>>69856723
I want to discuss this but I don't think any of these new star wars characters are even worth discussing that far.

Having the urge to murder someone every time they fuck up is still an extreme thing to do. He acted calm but inside his mind was an anger explosion.
>>
>I punched my wound today
>to see if i still feel

Kylo is still less of a bitch than prequel Anakin.
>>
>>69856848
It's less about Vader internally having Ren-style tantrums. It's more about Vader wanting to retain a level of competence and subordination among his officers with extreme negative reinforcement, and culling the more inept among them. Maybe he does angst, but he keeps his composure and doesn't let it affect his judgement.
>>
>>69856164
Don't worry Frank, I won't hold your breath.
>>
>>69854426
thats the point, he is a Vader wanna be brat. Best part of the movie by the way
>>
>>69857321
So? Do you think Ren's subordinates are making fun of him behind his back because of his angsty behavior? They're afraid of him no matter how he acts. He carries a lightsaber and has the power to choke you without touching you, among other powers. Even if they think he acts immature often, they'd never say it directly to him. Again, Ren is like 20 years younger than Vader as he appears in the OT. Vader would have behaved similarly in his early days as the emperor's apprentice.
>>
File: true_4.png (230 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
true_4.png
230 KB, 620x388
>>69857508
They tell me that when you're waiting for something to happen, you hold your breath.
Well guess what Ray? I don't even have lungs.
>>
>>69855852

Killing isn't inherently born of anger. And anger can be focused as well.

He makes it clear that killing the admiral is not a big deal at all for Vader.

Vader was instantly followed.

Even Anakin had bigger balls, and being a whiny bitch still, still held himself in check better than Kylo.
>>
>>69854426
He's supposed to be like that. He wants to be Vader so bad, but ultimately he will never measure up to him.
>>
>>69857576
>Do you think Ren's subordinates are making fun of him behind his back because of his angsty behavior?
I'll be honest. That wouldn't surprise me in the least. After all, a surefire way to make something less scary is to laugh at it; Ren's tantrums are potential comedy gold.

And there's the issue of Ren's immaturity affecting Ren, himself. His emotional turbulence makes him a less effective leader, even if his subordinates are loyal and fearful of him. Any Rebellion general with two brain cells to rub together would capitalize on it like Texas oil, and those within the Imperial ranks will use it to advance their own careers. Both cases would more often than not be successful because Ren, for all his power, is just a dumb, whiny kid.

Vader was like that in his early adulthood, that's true, but young Anakin wasn't put in charge of entire armies and starfleets, and he had Obi-Wan over his shoulder.
>>
>>69857870
I don't know what to tell you, anon. He's just a different character. I guarantee you he'll change a lot by the end of this trilogy, though. Remember how much Luke matured over the OT, hell, just in the first movie alone.
>>
>>69855852
>fucked up in the slightest

Piett fucked up a couple times and got a pass for it.
>>
>>69857915
The Undercover Boss SNL where everybody makes fun of him is semi-canon at this point.
>>
>>69857999
you know what i mean.
>>
>>69857992

According to some leaks, he will be peak badass by the next film, even beating up Luke.

The way it's been written, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>69858284
I'll be fucking pissed if he owns Luke. I don't want to see this punk best Luke fucking Skywalker.
>>
>>69854426
They should get rid of Kylo Ren at the start of the next movie, give him a worse fuck-you sendoff than boba fett & darth maul combined, such a shit character, how the fuck does this bitch have leia&han genes, let a more badass sith kill his faggoty ass
>>
>>69858350
What of Luke pulls an Obi-Wan? But, yeah after all the build up you can't not have Luke at EU power levels.
>>
>>69858350
He already killed Han. I hate him for that already.

Yet before that, Mary "Ray" Sue embarrassed him on the Millennium Falcon by being a better pilot for it despite her being some random Tatooine dreg and him being a seasoned smuggler pilot for several decades. Let's face it. All the classic characters are being fucked by these insufferable youths.
>>
>>69858284
>According to some leaks, he will be peak badass by the next film, even beating up Luke

The leaks I read said the exact opposite.
>>
File: 1436731823663.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1436731823663.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>69857508
>>69857755
>>
>>69857755
I miss Vinceposting
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.