[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just started watching season 2. Can someone please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: cal.jpg (10 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
cal.jpg
10 KB, 192x262
I've just started watching season 2. Can someone please explain to me why Mia is living at Hanks? Did I miss something?
>>
pls respond
>>
Because Hank likes cunny.
>>
because of her dad dying

jk I've never seen this show
>>
>>69852782
wtf when did Bill die? How did I miss this?
>>
>>69851774
Cause they wanted to show how Bukowski lived with teens for weeks sometime when these young ladies came in his home, or him, went to their apartments on the west coast.
It was a mess and he wrote his novels in this maelstrom.

Mothafucka
>>
what? she isn't. karen, hank and becca are living together
>>
>>69853572
This just makes me want to get into reading bukowski more and more now

>>69853678
I'm only up to episode 3 but she's been the house with them every episode eating dinner with them etc.
>>
>>69851774
>tfw miss this show

RIP. Showtime Showtime'd it. Should have ended at 4
>>
>>69854058
You should. Despite what people say about his writing, his style, his life... These novels have something unique and peculiar. It's a mess yes, but it's telling us something about loss, ruin, there is a emergency to write in these books.
I believe Bukowski was infinitely kind. It's like reading a friend you know. When you turn the last page you miss him. His last novel and the last lines broke my heart in two.
>>
>>69854396
jesus you sound like the guy to point me in the right direction with where to start? What would you recommend for someone who usually only reads gothic literature?
>>
>>69854664
You could start chronologically and read his creations respecting the order they appear or you could directly take the novels which relate the best the particular atmosphere Bukowski tried to convey. I suggest you :
- Post office
- South of no North: stories of the buried life
- Factotum
- Women
- Ham on rye
- Erections, ejaculations, exhibitions and general tales of ordinary madness et The most beautiful woman in town

I don't know about your mother tongue, I guess you're a native english speaker. Anyway, read him in english, native in this language or not. I made this effort when I start reading his novels despite the French traduction being great.

Finally, if you like Buk', try Fante, at least "Ask the dust". Bukowski started to write when he discovered Fante.
>>
>>69855176
Awesome thanks a lot man! Definitely keen to start on this when I finish Nietzsche
>>
It should have ended at the Rocketman ending. It would have been a fantastic show if so. Too bad they dragged it out until they completely ran out of repeatable jokes and then dragged it out some more. Only reason I stuck around for another season was because I'm a Manson fan. I don't think I ever saw the last 5-6 episodes.
>>
>>69851774
Bill went away on a business thing so Mia had to stay with Hank and Karen even though Hank cucked him and Karen left him on their wedding day. It doesn't make a lot of sense in hindsight.
>>
>>69856622
Ahh now I get it. They could have focused a little more on that since that would be a fairly controversial decision of his
>>
>>69856832
Just so you know, I'd say the first three seasons are the best, with the third being my particular favourite. You might find stuff to like after that, the fourth season isn't particularly bad, but it gets worse and worse after that. Hope you enjoy as much of it as you can, though.
>>
That lawyer chick on season 2 or 3 was the greatest ever
>>
>>69856931
I actually started watching season 5 when it was on tv once whilst I was channel surfing purely because Marilyn Manson was in it, like this guy>>69855998, and I got sucked into it. I'm loving it so far but I can see where you're coming from the first season shat all over 5. Ill probably watch all seasons because fuck it why not
>>
>>69851774
this show was pretty good if you fast forward all scenes with his insufferable "wife", his fuckugly daughter and that fgt tim minchin

i have no idea who the fuck mia is anymore
>>
>>69858669
Underaged girl with nice titties who punched him during sex and wrote a book about it.
>>
First 5 seasons are great.

1,2,4 decent shit with a wack tone

3rd and 5th seasons are very fun wacky but they somewhat feel like fillers.

6 and 7th seasons are full flanderized unfunny pieces of shits. Who thought that last season was a good idea?
>>
File: david-duchovny.png (242 KB, 288x614) Image search: [Google]
david-duchovny.png
242 KB, 288x614
>>69851774
D R O P P E D
>>
>>69860831
You might want to stay away from American media completely if that bothers you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.