[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Godfather Epic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: godfather.jpg (237 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
godfather.jpg
237 KB, 1000x562
So, I've never seen the original Godfather films, and HBO has this Godfather Epic thing that's just a re-edit of the first two films cut into one, chronological version.

Should I go out of my way to watch the movies in their "intended" medium, or will the HBO edit work just fine?

I'm basically 90 minutes in, and Marlon Brando has just made his appearance as Vito Corleone.
>>
I'd like to know as well, I almost made this same thread a couple days ago when I saw that this was on HBO go
>>
I watched the full epic before seeing any other ones. I enjoyed it but heard a lot of critism how they put all the Deniro lashbacks at the start of the movie instead of breaking up the 2nd part, seems like that would be paced better the original way.
>>
>>69846456
So I should probably just download the originals?
>>
>>69846456
>heard a lot of critism how they put all the Deniro lashbacks at the start of the movie instead of breaking up the 2nd part
This is precisely why I stopped and made this thread. I felt we spent a good 40 minutes with DeNiro and after that, it was over and I kinda thought to myself "Oh, this is chronological. We won't get many more young Vito after this..."
>>
man, young Robert Duvall was so based
>>
So is anyone that's seen both gonna answer this?
>>
>>69846356
It's pretty awesome seeing the Corleone family unfold in chronological order, but I'd much prefer it in parts.
>>
I don't understand why you would want to see an edit of a movie before seeing the actual movie.
>>
I've never seen the chronological order cut, but you'd have to be absolutely retarded to not be able to mentally create the correct timeline from the films as they originally came out.
>>
>>69847492
>Godfather 3 was supposed to be civil war between Tom and Michael for control of the family but they had to write a new script when Paramount wouldn't pay Duvall what he was asking

Why are Paramount such fucking cheapskates? He wasn't even asking for the same cash as Al, just a wage closer to his.
>>
>>69848452
Because most things are better in chronological order.
>>69848587
It's not that wouldn't be able to piece it together, it's just that it would be better seeing the "current" day events unfold already knowing what's happened in the past and how the characters got where they are.
>>
>>69846499
yes, the pacing is and storyline is much better the original way it was filmed. The epic is shit imo. I DVRd it, watched it for 20 minutes then deleted it. Its no substitute for the original two films.
>>
>>69848731
The director did not intent for them to be in chronological order. You can't claim that the movies would be the same if they were shot that way.
Watch them like you are supposed to watch them, and then, if you liked it, watch the edit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.