[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will 2016 end up being the year that puts superhero films into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: waterloo bridge.jpg (46 KB, 1271x709) Image search: [Google]
waterloo bridge.jpg
46 KB, 1271x709
Spielberg did predict that, just like what happened with many other genres/subgenres of film, superhero flicks would also decline sooner or later (though they could always make a return in the future), and that such a decline would involve a string of flops (or poorly received films) and one big studio crash due to overreliance on it, like with Westerns.

--Sony has been having huge financial trouble and Spider-Man was in decline up until they basically gave up and let Marvel have de facto control of Spider-Man.

--Warner Brothers' DC Universe is spiraling downward (unless Wonder Woman or Suicide Squad can save it), in spite of making good money, and hasn't had a true, solid superhero hit flick since The Dark Knight Trilogy.

--Fox has been very inconsistent with its superhero film quality, going from striking gold with DOFP to basically destroying the F4, and while "Deadpool" was a massive success, "X-Men: Apocalypse" is getting poorly reviewed.
>>
Only if you dumb faggots stop watching them.

My gf is watching some Spiderman crap right now on Netflix and there is ZERO chance I would EVER watch something that pathetically plebian.

It is an undeniable fact that if you watch capeshit you are a pleb moron.
>>
>>69845459

lmao ur gf is a moron
>>
I'd wait until the early 2020's before making that call.
>>
>>69845697

fads in the 21st century don't last long
>>
>>69845389
Spielberg predicted that blockbusters would die 15 years ago and they only increased in size
>>
After Infinity War 1 and 2 I would think there'd be a crash, I'd even welcome it at that point. We're knee deep in pretty good movies from Disney currently, if only the rest of them would get off their asses. I'm under the impression video game movies will be the next hit though, Warcraft is almost out, Angry Birds, Assassins Creed and the Halo as well as others that I'm unsure how far along they are.
>>
>Spielberg did predict that superhero flicks would also decline sooner or later

wow no way never gonna happen

holy shit

what balls making these outrageous 1 to 1,000,000,000 predictions he's out of his mind omg
>>
>>69845459
>he's dating a pleb
>>
>>69846463
You actually needed to look this rat faced hook nose kid to fig out if he was a Jew?

Wow.
>>
>>69845389
no
They're still making money
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.