[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I don't care... he killed my Mom" In this circumstance,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 15
File: tony.jpg (581 KB, 1405x728) Image search: [Google]
tony.jpg
581 KB, 1405x728
"I don't care... he killed my Mom"

In this circumstance, would you have the same ideology?
>>
>>69839181
Yes
>>
Yes and I don't feel bad at all for him forming that opinion.
If someone killed my Mother I would want them dead
>>
>>69839181
Bucky deserved to die even if he didn't kill Tony's mom.
>>
I think the fact that Tony says "my Mom" speaks so much more powerfly than if he had said "my Dad" even though everything we know about him is more tied to his Dad.
It's His Moth3r, 4hat gave birth to him... that gives the scene power.
>>
>>69839181

No, because even though I'm not one of the smartest people in the world like he is, I can clearly see that faggot Zemo (who just happened to know all three of us were going to be here somehow) just wants to destroy me and my buddies from within, but no, I choose not to because I'm in an emotionally "powerful" scene in a disney Marvel film made by the Russo bros.
>>
>>69839360
If you had just seen your Mom murdered on screen before you and learned the indentured if the guy at the same time you would try to kill him.
>>
>>69839181
No
>>
Yes.
Easily.
Logic aside, he killed my Mom, who has done nothing but love me and want the best for me. I want him dead.

Any9ne that says no has either no emotion or had shit parenting.
>>
Yes.

My Mother dead.
We need to have some justice for that.
>>
If it was my Mom?
Yes.
>>
Yea, probably and thats why I love this movie so much because everything about the third act is so well done and it doesn't feel the need to end with a stupid boss battle or a fight between the teams of heroes. Rather that is the second act finale and what we're left with is raw emotion.
>>
Wasn't she dead for like 25+ years? None of my parents have died so I don't know. But I'd think that would be enough time to maybe consider the whole brainwashing thing.
>>
>>69839181

>le killed my parents

I this the only motivation capeshit writers can think of?
>>
>>69839181

He blamed his dad for killing his mom by driving poorly. Then he learned that Cap, who his dad adored and kept comparing him to and saying he came up short against, had been keeping secret the fact he knew that Bucky had killed his parents.

Tony's actions after that absolutely make sense if you've followed his arc across the movies, or even just in Civil War.
>>
>>69839617
Why does putting le in front of that make it invalid?
>>
>>69839649
Yes, but not as much as >muh
>>
Literally murder him? No

Beat the ever loving shit out of him? Yes
>>
File: 1473473282893.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
1473473282893.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
>Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis.

>This has been going on for so long (ever since Hollywood realized the bounty to be had in cajoling comic-book culture’s ready audience; since, say, the 1978 Superman film, then 1989’s Batman) that, by now, the brainwashing is complete. The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.
>>
>>69839181
I'm a rich internationally loved billionaire superhero with a suit that can fly and shoot lasers who treated my parents like shit when I was a spoiled little rich brat? No probably not. I never would have been in that situation. I'd have sold my dads shitty company and kept royalties and just fly around in my badass suit all the time.
>>
>>69839350
>I think the fact that Tony says "my Mom" speaks so much more powerfly than if he had said "my Dad"

Yeah that got me.

It wasn't "My parents"

Just his mom.

Nigga went full blown Roids Downsey Jr Bacon
>>
>>69839181

If I had ptsd, my friend crippled my the ai I created, almost had the world destroyed by the other ai I created, and lost the love of my life?

Yeah. I kind of thought Bucky needed to be put down. Especially since the programs are still in his mind.
>>
Depends. Have I spent several days going through an emotional ringer because I was trying to keep all my friends out of jail only for them to willingly walk right into jail and yell at me for it while crippling my be friend?
>>
Anyone that says "no" is either lying or didn't have a close connection with their Mom.

Logic aside, any good son would want that fuckers dead.
Again, logic aside. Because logic had no place here. This faggot KILLED your Mom. You would want him dead.
>>
Yes. Fuck Bucky. Sorry he's your friend Steve but nigga gotta go.
>>
>>69839181
No
Bucky had no control over himself
>>
>>69840022
literally "Bucky dindu nuffin"
>>
>>69840084
Really though
It would be like blaming the car for causing the accident
>>
>>69840084
Yes he literally did nothing. He was brainwashed
>>
>>69840022
>>69840125
Dumb excuse.

This faggot KILLED your mom.
>>
>>69840159
Not of his own free will
>>
>>69840194
Does free will really even exist though
>>
Yes and no
If it's Bucky, no. Winter Soldier, yes.
So if I was Tony, I would said the words that brainwash him into the Winter Soldier then kill him.
>>
>>69840159
>Not of his own free will
You wouldn't make that distinction faggot. Especially if you love your Mom.
>>
>>69839470

>not wanting to become a lowlife criminal just like him = no emotion and shit parenting

alright, kid.
>>
>>69839181
Let's be honest here. Howard Stark was a billionaire playboy at an age when being sexist was okay. We all know Tomy grew up with eight mothers.
>>
>>69840194
Honestly this. If I knew that he did it while being controlled I wouldn't want to hurt him. I would want to kill the people that controlled him.
>>
>>69840223
It doesn't matter the decision was made by russians and bucky was brainwashed to follow it.
>>
>>69839244
EDGY
D
G
Y
>>
>>69839556
This. The 3rd act was 10/10.
The rest of the movie was mediocre.
>>
>>69840265
Yes I would
>>
>Did you know?
"No"
>Don't Bullshit me Rodgers, did you know?
"...yes"
That right there would trigger me.
My Mom is murdered in the ground and this faggot lied to me about it.
>>
>>69840309
Objectively false.
Bullshit

This man killed your Mom.
Your fucking Mom.

Do you have no respect?
End him.
>>
>>69840022

Sure, maybe if you had a day or two to think it over you would come to this conclusion, most people would, but Stark had about 3 minutes under stressful conditions. It's not surprising he would go all KILL THE FUCKER when he did.
>>
>>69840384
No the rest was above average and not mediocre.
>>
>>69840513
The people who gave the order killed her. Bucky was innocent, hell killing him would make you the bad guy.
>>
File: yonglobe.jpg (112 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
yonglobe.jpg
112 KB, 685x600
>>69839181
No. I'm not an idiot or a bitch.
>>
The question isn't about what's right
The question is about what the humane thing to do in the moment would be.

You don't have time to think, all you know is this fucker, this criminal, this guy that has been at the center of everything that has destroyed your group of friends... ueah, he also murdered your Mother.

In the moment, you would we want and try to kill him.
To have a different response than that... how can you?
>>
>>69840575

These faggots remind me of that family who sued the fire dept. because their dumbass kid went outside in a storm and a tree fell on him.

muh mom is ded, some1 haz 2 pay!

Tony was in no way more justified than Zemo would be for killing Tony. The death of his family is all Tony's fault.
>>
>>69839360
>i don't think that even the smartest people in the world can have mental problems.
>>
>>69840717
The question isn't about what's morally "right".
The question is about what you, in the monet, as a human being, would react to learning this asshole ended your Mother's life.
>>
>>69839181

If I had an ironman suit on, yes absolutely

I probably would have pulled out all the stops and killed both of them without fucking around.
>>
>>69840806
His suit was incredibly damaged by that point, hence why all the shit he tried to do didnt work.
>>
File: 1463677588621.jpg (247 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1463677588621.jpg
247 KB, 1280x960
>it's a "capeshit loving samefag desperately tries to make a capeshit movie seem like it isn't complete shit by spouting how great one of the worst scenes in the whole movie was" episode

fuck off, the scene was terribly thought out and totally out of character for all of them
>>
"THAT SHIELD DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!
MY FATHER MADE THAT..."

who felt deep at that part?
>>
>>69840774
>>69840806
Cap is better than Iron man 1 on 1. Iron man couldn't have won.
Even in the comics, cap loses.
>>
>>69840774

The asshole is nothing more than a gun, a brainwashed tool. Do you blame the gun or the person who pulled the trigger?

What would I do? Given that I know the guy was brainwashed and my friend was saying hold up? I'd hold up.

But Tony is not a rational person.
>>
>>69840831
>movie gets discussed
>overly angry anon comes along and says its terrible with no meaningful opinion of his own amounting to nothing more than "nuh uh!! ;_;"
>expects to be taken seriously
Why does this always happen?
>>
>>69840872
because the only movie you discuss is this one

you're either a shill or have zero taste
>>
Tony blames Bucky for actions committed while brainwashed, yet happily welcomed Hawkeye into the Avengers immediately after Hawkeye was brainwashed by Loki and attacked the Helicarrier which led to the deaths of dozens of SHIELD agents including his friend Agent Coulson.

Tony is a hypocrite.
>>
>>69840861
You wouldn't feel that way at the time.
>>
>>69840933
Ok
>>
>>69840949
the difference is that this is his mother and he did it out of emotion without getting a chance to think it through
>>
>>69840872

How else are they going to get attention? It's not as though they can come up with interesting conversation on their own.
>>
>>69840949
But Coulson doesn't die.
>>
>>69840949
No, the writers are just shit.
>>
>>69839181
No, I don't like my mother.
>>
>>69840949
That doesnt make him a hypocrite, he wasnt raised by any of those SHIELD agents or regrets being unable to form a deep emotional connection with them before their deaths
>>
>>69840832
me

especially when howard and steve were best m8s
>>
>>69840987
Which is why he doesn't deserve to be an Avenger. With great power comes great responsibility, and evidently Tony can't handle his if he goes berserk so easily.
>>
>>69840960

Why are you even asking the question?

>how would you feel?
>well...
>you're a liar!
>>
>>69840827

He still had lasers, repulsor beams, and his unibeam which straight up took Bucky's vibranium arm off

If he really wanted to, he could have killed them both pretty damn fast, but I guess you could say he wasn't thinking straight
>>
>>69840996
Tony doesn't know that. It's shitty reasoning but Coulson being alive was kept at a secret level above the Avengers' clearance.
>>
>>69841018
>Hey Tony, did I ever tell you about Steve Rogers? He was a good friend.
>>
>>69840949
Hawkeye didn't directly kill anyone. Much less anyone Tony gave a shit about.
>>
>>69839181
Not unless he said Martha.
>>
>>69840832
4 you
>>
when has tony ever chimped out?

when has steve ever lied to tony's face?

why did the only say "b-but he was brainw-washed" one time and then give up on the idea, instead of fuckin shouting it at tony to try to snap him out of his rage?

why did bucky say absolutely jack shit to remind tony that he genuinely dindu nuffin?

are they all autistic?
>>
Markus and McFeely say that if Bucky were to have a fair trial, that he'd be found innocent.

While Tony's feelings were understandable in the moment, his actions were not right. Tony himself would have felt like shit after for being a murderer of what he knew was an innocent man. Steve was right to stop him from going down the path of becoming a villain.
>>
Who can be rational when you see your own mother being killed un cold blood?
>>
>>69841160

You're right, but that's not really the point of the thread
>>
>>69839360
Dude, Tony is completely fucked in the head.

Even just the events of the first Iron Man would be enough to screw someone up psychologically for life.
He was also clearly a disturbed individual before that as well.
>>
if i was as rich as tony stark i would gave died from a drug overdose years ago
>>
>>69841038
False.
Canonically, Cap is > Iron man in a 1 on 1
>>
>>69841183
This.
>>
>>69840832

ohhhh i thought he said "suit"

now it makes more sense
>>
File: 1459562922312.jpg (770 KB, 2824x2721) Image search: [Google]
1459562922312.jpg
770 KB, 2824x2721
>government wants to keep superheroes "in check" to avoid civilian casualties
>when that same government wanted to nuke an entire city full of innocent people
>>
>>69841243

This isn't the comics anon, they were both getting pretty trashed when he managed to get them by themselves
>>
>>69839181
yeah because there's nobody else he could direct his anger at
>>
>>69841142
>when has tony ever chimped out?
Any time one of his friends is injured or killed. Remember the guy in the cave with him in IM1? He dies, Tony full on chimps out and starts killing all the muzzies
>>
No because I'm not a fucking idiot.
>>
>>69841411

Killing muzzies is normal human behavior
>>
Anyone that says "no" doesn't know what it's like to lose your Mother yet. It is the single most agonizing pain you can possibly feel, possibly surpassed only by losing a child. It cuts so deep into your self-being that you will spend every day of your life onward at least at one point thinking "I wish my Mom was here".

Cap is objectively right in the argument, but anyone in Tony#s position with even a fraction of humanity would take the same stance he would given the circumstance.
My Mom has been dead for 7 years now, and I can honestly tell you that even now if I was suddenly made aware to the fact that she was dead as the result of someone else, I would want that person dead without a second thought.
>>
>>69841448
True. And now that I think about it, he also one hits Falcon after Rhodey gets injured.

You guys, I think Tony Stark might be racist
>>
>Tony just blows off a vibranium arm
Yeah, ok
>>
>all these anons analyzing the question from an outside point of view

The question was simple.
If your Mom was killed, would you try to avenge her?
>>
>>69841234

So Tony Stark is a fucking retard that even if the enemy speaks his plan out like, well my master plan is.... to destroy you from the inside with this little video. And Tony just nods like, got it, I'll kill em all. And then just read a letter and calm down.

Kino writing right there, guys.
>>
>>69841604
I think I'd be too busy blubbering like a little bitch to avenge her desu
>>
that's the wrong question fags.

the right one is why the fuck RDJ is the same height as Evans in OPs picture?
>>
>>69841604
Yes, but killing bucky would solve nothing
I would team up with him to hunt down whoever turned him into the winter soldier and gave him the order to kill my parents
>>
>>69841638
Suit has a propulsion system nigga
>>
>>69841638

The suit has elevator shoes inside
>>
I don't know who is trolling who anymore
>>
Daily reminder that in all 4 confrontations where Captains America has fought Tony, the Cap has won
>>
Bucky should have refused to fight back until Cap was hurt. He should've just taken all the punches and had a few lines like "I'm sorry but Hydra had control of my mind" or something.
>>
If Tony's Unibeam could take off Bucky's vibranium arm in a single blast, why didn't he use it to take out Steve's vibranium shield and just end him right there?
>>
>>69841299
It's the UN doing the accords, right? The World Council wanted to nuke NY to stop an alien invasion.
>>
Cap had insane plot armor in this and still lost
>>
>>69841786
Because his arm isn't vibranium
>>
>>69841786
He can only use the uni beam once.
In Iron man 2 he describes it as a "one-off"
>>
File: 1463767187794.jpg (19 KB, 236x338) Image search: [Google]
1463767187794.jpg
19 KB, 236x338
>>69841699
>>
>>69841836

That was a completely different weapon, that actually came from his wrists.
>>
File: 1432097979305.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1432097979305.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
>>69839781
>Capitalist
>Government

>Capitalist
>Restrictive

Do progressives even understand what capitalism is anymore, or has it just joined the ranks of "misogyny" and "racism" as "generic descriptions for things I don't like?" An economy and government are two different things. A government can have a greater or lesser hand in the economy, but capitalism specifically is an economic model with no/minimal government interference in the economy. A capitalist country can have a government but a government itself cannot be capitalist in the same sense that an economy and government can both be communist because of the very definition of capitalism.

And restrictions can exist in a capitalist society, but capitalism as a whole makes minimizing restrictions a priority. It's hard to consider "restrictive" a defining feature of capitalism. Oh wait, I forgot, it's current year and "freedom" doesn't mean the freedom for people to do what they want, "freedom" means "freedom for me to take money from people of races/genders I don't like for myself so I can keep making my 'deep' and 'meaningful' art films that the masses just don't get because they're sheep who don't understand true geniuses like myself."

Handing out degrees in anything other than STEM, Economics and Medicine was a mistake. Not only do more retards get suckered into paying thousands of dollars to obtain useless degrees every year, but once they get out they start bitching about how society is unjust because they can't do anything useful with their useless expertise.

I should offer degrees in sitting on your ass and eating donuts all day and charge people ridiculous amounts of money for it. When people come back to me and tell me no one understands how important sitting on your ass and eating doughnuts is like "we" do, I'll tell them it's capitalism's fault just like I will to the next 100 retards and then laugh my way to the bank while dripping bills like the fucking monopoly man.
>>
>>69841786
Tony has insane plot armor.
Nothing he has should be able to destroy Becky's arm.
>>
>>69841974
Don't bother trying to explain anything on this board, you'll just get meme'd
>>
streaming Xmen Apocalypse at movietme.com/VAL.html

its a cam but come by and chat
>>
Absolutely not.
>>
When it seems the magic's slipped away...
>>
>stops manufacturing weapons because muh feelings even though it was his dad's friend undermining him and selling to the ten rings sandnigger
>destroyed all the suits because muh pepper potts even though she completely left him
>wants everyone else on the team to be at the mercy of the UN(kek, the US Armed Forces does more for the world than the UN an NATO combined) even though Utron was his fault
>blackmails a 15 year old into combat against other supers
>chimps out on a guy who was essentially made into a killing machine by the soviet union against his own will
What a terrible human being
>>
>>69841786
the arm wasn't made of vibranium
>>
>>69841832
>>69842488
though this is most likely the case
how was bucky able to catch Steve's shield in the Winter soldier? hmm
>>
>>69842706
>>>69841832
>>>69842488
>though this is most likely the case
>how was bucky able to catch Steve's shield in the Winter soldier? hmm
In the comics it's vibranium.
In the movies they retconned it
>>
>>69842706
Because he caught it with his hand? Cap's arm isn't vibranium, he can catch it
>>
>>69842745
Doesn't vibranium destroy any form of metal it comes in contact with? Or is that some other metal
>>
>>69842740
>In the comics it's vibranium.
No it wasn't. It's always been a generic metal arm. It's a cybernetic prosthesis
>>
>>69842801
That's anti-metal/savage land vibranium
>>
>>69839350
This, it caught me off guard. More human than I expected.

...and yeah, most people would probably do the same as Tony. Bucky didn't seem sorry about it, and the guy HAD tried to kill him the day before. Couple that with the power trip of being in a suit of power armor and it's kind of inevitable.
>>
>>69839181
>BvS stop their fight because of their moms
>CW starts a fight because of their moms.
>>
>>69839181
Realistically speaking, I would have reacted like Tony did. Okay, he was brainwashed but if I have the fucking guy who did it in front of me, I would also have leashed out.
>>
>>69843368
This
>>
>>69841038
I don't think Bucky's arm was vibranium, just metal.

I agree with you though that he could've just killed them both if he'd just shot a missile at them right away. I mean hell the dude blew up a tank in Iron Man 1.

He was just angry and wanted to smack the fucker to death.
>>
>>69839350
"Martha"
>>
i think not
i'm on the nonviolence tip
>>
>>69843646
Cap > Iron man
8 literally every canon this is the case
>>
>>69843646
He didn't want to kill Cap he just wanted to kill Bucky
>>
>>69839244

he's not a very sympathetic character even when he's not brainwashed.
>>
>all these Iron man fanboys circa 2008
Cap is better than Iron man. He always has been.
>>
>>69840022

bucky needs to be killed. Anyone can gain control of him by speaking like 5 russian words
>>
Homecoming
>>
Freight car
>>
Good friend crippled
Watching your parents ruthlessly murdered
Top it off with cap telling you to your face that he knew the entire time

tony, wanda and t'challa were the only sympathetic characters in this movie
>>
>>69840832

>oh what's that?
>my buddy killed your parents
>and i just defended him and beat you up
>but you want your shield back cause you're daddy made it?
>pft, sure thing kid, nothing person

Burn in hell Rogers
>>
>>69839181
Was Bucky's mom named Martha?
>>
Bucky was a weapon, he did not kill his parents he was used to kill his parents.

No, I would take solice in the fact that the other super soldiers like him were dead and the people behind it all long gone.

Whole movie was bs
>>
>>69839181
>"I don't care... he killed my Mom"In this circumstance, would you have the same ideology?

Meh!. My Mom's a total Bitch so I'd probably buy him a beer.
>>
File: 1462153213002.png (32 KB, 381x339) Image search: [Google]
1462153213002.png
32 KB, 381x339
>>69839350
The whole point is that he hates his dad anon
>>
>>69844557
Winifred.
>>
>>69841974
>trying to find logic in an Armond review
>>
No. I'd nuke all the Slavshits. They're the faggots who let the brainwashing happen by being dirty commies.
>>
>>69839781
This
All the manchildren unironically answering yes need to go to leave
>>
>>69839181
http://www.strawpoll.me/10277628/r
>>
>>69839181
All I was thinking about was him being a hypocrite. Shouldn't you get approval first from your shit-tier UN that is incapable of doing anything?
>>
>>69839181
>mfw DCEU will never have such an emotionally-provoking dialogue
>>
No normal human being will fly into fullblown crazy rage over a 30 year old revelation unless they hold deepset emotional problems

Marvels consistent efforts to denigrate their own heroes is honestly REALLY offputting to me, which is why Spiderman shined so bright for me. Cap being a selfish jerk, Tony acting insane, that brutal chewing out prison scene, candid camera of Hulk smushing people during New York (this really really REALLY pissed me off, oh wow thanks for putting that in my head every time I rewatch Avengers - that Hulk freaking murdered people!)

I dislike this movie a lot
>>
>>69844905
U wat?
Tony lovees his Dad.
A huge part of his character is that he wanted more appreciation from his Dad.
>>
>>69845153
Because in the DCEU heroes are all-powerful douchebags.
>>
>>69839350
>It's okay when Marvel does it
>>
>>69845218
Do you know what the oldest lie in America is, anon?
>>
>>69845206
they should show hulk murdering people more

i hate how in the comics they pulled that garbage "the hulk never actually killed anyone on his rampages" retcon with amadeus cho

fucking stupid, the hulk is supposed to be a goddamn threat
>>
>>69845256
That Jeremy Renner is heterosexual?
>>
>>69845153
>Marvel
>Emotion
>>
I'd want him dead, but id also be reasonable. id probably let him live. he was a war hero, who was captured and turned into a freak. he had no control over it, if he was still brainwashed id kill him. but if he was normal and was sorry fro everything he did id let him go. id want a proper apology though.
>>
File: 5874530430943095.png (230 KB, 367x428) Image search: [Google]
5874530430943095.png
230 KB, 367x428
>Ant man: ''Hank Pym always said to never trust a Stark''
>Tony: ''I'm sorry, who are you?''

Wow what a faggot, wasn't even a good quip.
>>
File: WAAAAAAAAHMYSAFESPACE.jpg (36 KB, 299x253) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAAAAAHMYSAFESPACE.jpg
36 KB, 299x253
I can perfectly understand why Marvel fans identify with Tony so strongly in that scene, even though he's a grown man that's had decades to make peace with his loss and years to have found out about Hydra's involvement, and months to brace himself for the very real possibility that Hydra's go-to assassin was involved.

I mean, let's face it. They're such butthurt little mama's boy faggots that they can't even handle a courteous debate on a film from another franchise.
>>
>>69845153
>You’ll give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time you will help them accomplish wonders.
>>
>>69845511
>Provoking dialogue
>Failed to establish any of it in the Man of Steel / Batman V Superman movies
>Empty dialogue, empty hero.
>>
Another thing to consider is that this is the worst possible time to for Tony to receive this news.

>It's been the second worst day of his life.
>The Superfriends have been completely split apart.
>Captain America, the nation's shining beacon of morality, is endangering the safety of the U.S. just so he can save a known murderer and terrorist.
>His dad loved Captain America so much that he practically ruined Tony's childhood by caring more about some frozen WW2 vet than his own son.
>His mom is the only parent that he feels actually did love him.
>Now he finds out that the terrorist Cap is protecting murdered his mom back in the early 90s.
>>
>>69845490
What are you whining about?
>>
>>69845756
His shitposting thread probably got deleted
>>
>>69845263
Okay to that but how supposed to laugh at Hulk playpunching Thor knowing he just came from murdered people
>>
>>69839181

No. And anyone who says yes is a complete retard!

Tony is completely fucking aware that Bucky has NO CONTROL over what happens. He has been MENTALLY BRAINWASHED into a robot basically. BUCKY DID NOT KILL HIS MOM. The WINTER SOLDIER PROGRAM DID! Zemo has been killing people left to right before Tony got there. He is aware that Zemo is out to fucking DESTROY THEM and yet he lets this get to him cause is an imbecil and no one in Marvel knows how to write shit and be consitent. The only real problem is thaf Cap knew and didn't tell him. But that's a personal issue that should be taken care of after dealing with an INTERNATIONAL THREAT.
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>69839181
D R O P P E D
>>
>>69845877
> Thor tries to quip but instead gags mid-sentence when he sees the blood of innocents dripping from Hulk's body

I wish Marvel would do this
>>
File: CIA - Incredulous.jpg (13 KB, 375x410) Image search: [Google]
CIA - Incredulous.jpg
13 KB, 375x410
>>69845756
That threads discussing DC films get reported and deleted. Been happening for a few days now, on and off.

>>69845808
And who the fuck are you to determine what's shitposting, faggot? I guess cunny threads, "body of work" threads, and "What the fuck was X's Problem?" threads are what you assholes want? Must be. They last longer than DC threads do.
>>
>>69845877
because its a goddamn comic book movie, you don't have to take it seriously 100% of the time

and it's not the hulk could have prevented that, a goddamn alien army was attacking a city full of civilians no shit there are going to be assloads of casualties
>>
>>69839181
couple of years ago I would. now, people eventually die so I'll just bring Bucky in for murder.
>>
>>69845912

also, it's even stupider when you consider the fact Tony will probably apologize for this in a future movie anyway. So it was just a device to make a Cap v. Ironman solo scene.
>>
>>69845454
This annoyed me too, especially considering Tony appropriated a lot of what Pym did in the comics.
>>
>>69839181
Yes, of course. Especially for someone like Tony she's probably the only unconditional love he's ever known in his entire life. Suddenly realizing how cruelly she died and the dude is standing right next to you is enough to shake anyone. You really can't expect Tony to trust Bucky like Steve does, he doesn't know the guy.
>>
>>69839360
Isn't Tony super paranoid and suffer from insomnia and anxiety attacks? He's not a stable person to begin with.
>>
>>69844182
Literally no one but you gives a shit about what is canonically correct. This isn't the comics, this is a movie.
>>
>>69839181
I love my mom. So my reaction to seeing her being violently murdered would probably be rather severe.
>>
>>69845709

> murrika
> too dumb to latch on to anything except Martha meme
>>
>>69839350
Howard never really left Tony. The Arc Reactor that saved him from the shrapnel, the new element that ironed out the kinks in the Arc Reactor, Stark Industries, and other parts of Tony's life have had a bit of Howard in them which is both comforting and exasperating to him.

He doesn't really have anything to remind him of his mom apart from the memories of her trying to get her husband and son to get along. And now, not even the fanciest brain reading fantasy holograms can replace that horrible definitive reality of her being choked to death by a HYDRA cyborg.
>>
If Steve "Silver Tongue" Rogers hadn't dropped the ball in trying to comfort me, I probably wouldn't have gone on a murderpus rampage.
>>
>>69845933
Bear in mind, Thor's first appearance on film has him flying the the brain of an ice dragon/lizard/monster. I was hype for this, because Thor's basically got zero issues killing when the situation requires it.

Now he's just a bland, Disneyfied™ joke.
>>
>>69841142
Well, Tony did repulsor blast Sam when Rhody was down despite him apologizing. He's been on the edge for awhile. Tony and Bucky aren't close enough for Bucky to say anything to effect him. Steve and Tony aren't even particularly close either and he did just find out he knew about his parents death all this time.
>>
>>69841624
He was emotionally compromised in the heat of the moment. Of course he'd chill out when he had time to process it.
>>
File: sloot.jpg (140 KB, 354x511) Image search: [Google]
sloot.jpg
140 KB, 354x511
>>69839181
Yes. Cap was right but I can't say I wouldn't have done what Iron Man did. Emotion overrides logic, by 'design', but that still doesn't make it right.

I think that's one of the reasons this movie works. In the beginning you have two ideologies and you can easily pick a side. At the end, it's not philosophies against each other but simple right brain vs left brain. Everyone has logic and emotion as contrasting forces in their minds, so everyone can understand both characters during that final fight. You still might side with one over the other, but you agree with both in a way.
>>
Bucky was a cunt. Fuck him.
>>
>>69839181
>In this circumstance, would you have the same ideology?

No. Because I would understand that killing Bucky would solve nothing and he was just as much of a victim as his parents.
I'm not a child anymore that has to vent his frustrations out on other people.
>>
>>69845209
He wanted a better relationship with his dad, but it never happened. A lot of his issues seem to stem from his father not loving him which is part of the reason he hated Steve because his dad preferred him.

His father death was just regretful because they didn't have a good relationship. His mothers death was devastating because he knew she loved him.
>>
File: 198520958295.gif (1 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
198520958295.gif
1 MB, 245x140
>>69839181
>mfw my waifu put down Tony like the raging manlet he is
>>
>>69845122
Bucky and Cap were criminals at that point and Tony was already asked to get them wasn't he?
>>
>>69845454
Ant man is the only marvel movie I didn't see. I didn't know who he was either.
>>
>from a logical audience point of view: no, it wasn't Buckys fault

>from an emotional character point of view: yeah, fuck him, he killed my mom

that's why the movie was quite good, i do not agree with Tony on many things in this movie but i could always understand his character and it made sense for him
>>
>>69845952
>because its a goddamn comic book movie, you don't have to take it seriously 100% of the time
I'd love to but they keep trying to push the guilt trip so hard. Like parents and villains blaming the avengers for their dead kids. I wish they'd chill with that shit already.
>>
>>69847473
The thing I can excuse but not dismiss is Cap sharing with Tony what he already knew and suspected about his parents' deaths. It's out of character for Steve to not do that, and it's equally hard to believe that Tony wouldn't have had a team all over those encrypted files the minute they hit the net.

Still enjoyed the movie and all, but those are my biggest plot-related criticisms.
>>
>all this tony faggots

Then realize this . You are ww2 soldier fought for country and nearly died. Some shit nazi controlled you and made you shit things you have no control.

You are gonna kill a ww2 veteran cause he did things that he had no control really?
>>
>>69847593
true, especially when Cap was all "hurr you have to tell your team mates everything" in AoU
>>
>this ''hero'' spends his time punching his friends and trying to kill a crippled, 90 year old WWII veteran
WOW
>>
>>69845279
Go to bed Sonni.
>>
As someone whose mom died less than a month ago, I would like to think I wouldn't kill in that situation, but the emotions involved are quite powerful.

If I wanted to step outside myself to MMQB* Tony in the 3rd act, I think literally disarming Bucky makes him much less of a threat for future triggerings of his brainwashing.

He could potentially do just as much evil as good with that metal arm. I would would also be fine with him being cryo-coma'd in Wakanda under heavy secrecy & security until someone could clear his programming with a Mind Gem, or with a telepath.

Also, I was happy to see Ant-Man & I liked Black Panther as a suit/dude.

But yeah, Zemo had a needlessly convoluted plan to get Tony this info.

*Monday Morning Quarterback, judge in hindsight
>>
Honestly it was really satisfying watching Cap beat the shit out of him after watching Tony be a huge bitch for two hours
>>
>>69839181
Under all of the circumstances Tony suffered through, yes. Most people would. I wouldn't really call it an ideology, more like a mental breakdown.
>>
>>69847960
Bucky please. You already killed his parents.
>>
all you faggots just dont understand human emotion. but thats to be expected by people suffering from autism. in that moment, without the knowledge you know now, assuming your brain is healthy and assuming you care about your mom, you wouldve reacted the same. even if you didnt love your mom that much, as a man you would still do it out of principal. this guy bashed your dads face in, he choked your mom, the man youve saved before and whom you trust with your life had been lying to you and knew all along this happened, and worse you SAW the video of this happening. you would attack him and try to kill him. remember that you already dont like this dude. you have all these feelings of betrayal and confusion and anger about this and everything that happened before. you would do it
>no i wouldnt because bucky wasnt in control
thats hindsight. thats not what would be going through your mind unless youre afraid of fighting the guy and are finding an excuse to not fight him. IF that did go through your head, it still wouldnt matter. if a drunk driver ran your kid over, you would drag him out of his card and stomp his face into mush. lets say you know the guy and know that his wife force feeds him alcohol. he wasnt in control. its not his fault, and you know that. but that doesnt matter, he just killed your kid. that clarity doesnt come until time has passed. over time you can accept that he is not to blame, but you certainly will never ever talk to this person ever again. in a superhero setting, you might have to work with this person, and begrudgingly you might be able to become somewhat comfortable with his presence

in essence, owls arent birds
>>
>>69848150
This is the point retards keep missing when they say DURR HE KNEW BUCKY DIDN'T MEAN TO WHAT A HYPOCRITE. It was a completely emotional, heat of the moment decision following years of mental issues and trauma and all the recent shit. You're meant to assume that if he'd found out about his parents under the right circumstances, ie Steve told him much earlier before any shit was gong down, he wouldn't have tried to kill Bucky at all.

Tony's reaction isn't right, but it's sure as hell realistic. As much as it can be in a super hero battle movie, anyways.
>>
>>69848339
https://youtu.be/-up8ebz06yA?t=32
skip to 32 seconds in embedfags
>>
>>69841535
It wasn't vibranium. Hydra didn't have access to vibranium.
>>
>>69849111
I'm pretty sure I agree with you, but how would you explain the weird reaction between T'Challa's ring and Bucky's arm? His ring didn't do that to any other metal, evident by him grabbing handrails and shit. I'm just curious because I'm not sure what it means.
>>
>>69849259
Well rest assured, if it's not explained in a self-contained movie, that means the movie's shit.

Unless it's Disney doing it.
>>
>>69849549
dank post
>>
>>69839181
Yes, but I would refer to my mom by her name.
>>
>>69839181
Yes , although my mother raised me to not be a murderer.. I would've reacted the same way, probably beat the shit out of him.. Is the killing him the part I'm not so sure... damn catholic upbringing...
>>
File: AoU_Hulkbuster_0003.jpg (1023 KB, 3376x1969) Image search: [Google]
AoU_Hulkbuster_0003.jpg
1023 KB, 3376x1969
Why doesn't he always use the hulkbuster suit?
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.