[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans love Captain America, but villainize baseball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: captain america.jpg (72 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
captain america.jpg
72 KB, 600x316
Why do Americans love Captain America, but villainize baseball stars who use steroids?
>>
>>69831795
he did it for the country james.
>>
Cap doesn't play sports faggot.
>>
because people who play sports are degenerates
>>
Americans don't hate roiders, Jews do.
>>
Baseball involves high-stakes contracts with pro athletes who are pitted against each other in competition.

Captain America is a faggot in a Halloween costume.

Do you see the distinction?
>>
>>69831795
Captain America underwent an experimental and dangerous procedure to protect American lives. Baseball roiders are just trying to cheat other players who played by the rules in a game.
>>
>>69831795
Baseball players all agree to not use steroids, then some do to get an edge. There is no pre-war agreement to not develop and use super soldiers.
>>
>>69831926
>>69831943
But the rules for baseball aren't determined by the players, they're determined by the anti doping agency.
It's like if Hydra declared that it was against the rules for him to take super soldier serum, would Americans still like him?
>>
>>69831795
Because he isn't fucking real
>>
>>69832071
the thing is hydra want to rule the fucking world, the MLB only want to see man hitting and catching balls while running around in a square field
>>
>>69832327
BUT MY AUTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Most normal people dont care about steroid use. They would gladly turn a blind eye to watch dudes crank monster home runs. Everyone loved the mark mcquire/barry bonds rivalry even though anyone with 2 eyes could see that bonds was juicing
>>
>>69832327
>implying Bud Selig wasn't hydra
>>
>>69832401
>McGuire Bonds
>McGuire
>Bonds

Barry wasn't big until after Big Macs prime. More like McGuire Sosa. Or more accurately McGuire Sosa Griifey.
>>
>>69832327
That's not what the MLB wants to see, otherwise they wouldn't try to break the unions every few years, or fight so much to get players to not have agency.
They want to make piles of money, hitting/catching balls is just a side effect
>>
>>69831852
>Real American
>Doesn't play sports
Who's the real faggot?
>>
>>69831795
Because Steve's reasons for doping were selfless.
>>
>>69832481
but do they want to control the world with that money they are getting?
if yes then they are confirmed hydra
>>
>>69832231
I thought Chris Evans and Barry Bonds were both people just trying to put on a show, and had a persona
>>
>>69832531
If you can risk your legacy, but help your team win the world series by doping, risking yourself from ever being put into the hall of fame, isn't that a selfless act?
>>
>>69832071
>the rules for baseball aren't determined by the players

But they agree to those rules in their contracts. Which includes any changes made to the rules during their contracts.

The rules of warfare, when and where they exist, are agreed upon by signing parties, and they risk making even more enemies if they break them. So HYDRA couldn't simply "declare" super soldiers against the rules, and if there were such a rule and they broke it (which they would have) they'd risk losing any support they had left.
>>
>>69832589
It's not like the Yankees are trying to conquer the world and wipe out "inferior" races, so no. Cheating so you can make lots of money and be the best are running around a square is not noble.
>>
American's still care about baseball? I thought the NBA and NFL were all that mattered anymore.
>>
>>69833416
Who exactly was trying to wipe out inferior races?
>>
>>69833731
The Soviets, anon. Read a history book sometime.
>>
>>69831795
Nobody likes baseball, you idiot.
>>
>>69833950
See I always thought it was more genocide through incompetence.
t. Holodomor
>>
File: 1402388424176.jpg (80 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
1402388424176.jpg
80 KB, 600x720
>>69831795
>but villainize baseball stars who use steroids
You don't pay attention to MLB, do you.

t. actual baseball fan
>>
Americans have a problem with drugs that aren't prescription which is stupid in my opinon.
I think people should be on drugs if it gives them an edge, it;s only the american way.
Good at atheletics? Mandatory steroids.
Good at academics? Mandatory adderall.
Creative artist? Pschedelic use allowed if necessary.

We need to stop holding ourselves back because of some puritan shitstain from 1800s.
Hell, my grandfather's generation, everyone was always half in the bag but they still thier jobs done. Fuck this nanny state we've become.
>>
Cap's not doing it to make him better then anyone else at sports, he's doing it to save Murrica.
>>
>>69834175
How did beating up Tony Stark save Murrica?
Checkmate athiests
>>
>>69834399
Because Tony Stark was a pro big government liberal and Captain America was a god-tier small government libertarian, a true American.
>>
>>69831795
Are threads like this false flagging to drive the capeshit discussion to /co/? I mean you can ask the same question and still be an idiot, but you threw in some nationality shitposting so I just have to assume the entire post is shitposting.
>>
>>69833994
I was talking about the krauts.
>>
>>69831795
Because Captain America is made by Disney.
>>
>>69831795
Because he's just a kid from Brooklyn.
>>
>>69836674
Check what?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.