[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Robocop_remake_fanposter.jpg (105 KB, 864x1280) Image search: [Google]
Robocop_remake_fanposter.jpg
105 KB, 864x1280
Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?

Oh wait, that didn't happen. Most people actually gave those movies a chance even though they were obviously shit compared to the originals. Even people who weren't going to watch them didn't bother with trying to downvote their trailers into oblivion. They just ignored them.

Yeah, don't tell me all the hate for the new Ghostbusters isn't based on sexism. The fact is you just can't stand the thought of women "appropriating" your stuff even though the original movies aren't going anywhere.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with sexism
>>
>>69816439
>Oh wait, that didn't happen.
yes it did
>>
>>69816439
>Yeah, don't tell me all the hate for the new Ghostbusters isn't based on sexism.
It is. Don't listen to /v/tards.
>>
remember when people were called horrible things for shitting on those movies? me either.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
What are you trolling about?

People raged online about the new Robocop all the time, up until release basically. Then they either stopped caring or saw the movie and realized it wasn't a piece of shit.

Everyone is talking about the "hate" for the new Ghostbusters as if it's a new thing. It's always been the same for any reboot that seems awful. THIS ISN'T NEWS.
>>
>>69816439

Nobody talked about them because they were garbage
>>
>>69816474
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVphAuRo7Q

No it didn't.
>>
File: 1386392033579.jpg (175 KB, 472x762) Image search: [Google]
1386392033579.jpg
175 KB, 472x762
>>
>>69816519
Oh I get it, you just found 4chan a couple weeks ago
You don't remember the shitstorms here
>>
>>69816439
The Robocop one certainly made a shitstorm
>>
>>69816439
>"They're rebooting Robocop with a PG13 rating, it's gonna be shit."
>"Yeah you're probably right."

>"They're rebooting Ghostbusters with a female cast, it's gonna be shit."
>"Why are you saying that? Are you some kind of sexist? Give it a chance geez."
>"Fuck you it's gonna be shit."
>"No it won't you misogynist, I'll see it twice if you wont."
>Argument repeats ad infinitum
>>
File: jew.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
11 KB, 501x585
its working
>>
>>69816439
>Even people who weren't going to watch them didn't bother with trying to downvote their trailers into oblivion.

Downvoting a trailer only became a thing after media talked about the Ghostbusters trailer. No one cared to downvote before, especially not when you were required to have a G+ account to vote (which may have been the case when Total Recall and Robocop trailers were released, I dunno).

If media hadn't written all over the internet that "People are downvoting the Ghostbusters trailer" it wouldn't have been a thing.
>>
>>69816550
There was no shitstorm, newfriend. Everyone was like "meh, another shitty remake, who cares".

>12,004 likes
>1,142 dislikes
Now compare it to the Ghostbusters trailer.
>>
probably because there wasn't the same build up that the ghostbusters movie had where everyone had something specific that they were hoping for for a long time. and there were no leaks showing the studio freezing out the original creators/threatening to sue them like there were with ghostbusters.
>>
if they had cast a fat chick as robocop and a female gorilla as ED-209 then I expect dislikes would have followed.
>>
>>69816513
>>69816552
See
>>69816519
>>69816591
>>
File: 1333079137025.jpg (29 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1333079137025.jpg
29 KB, 368x368
It has to do with the trailers. The trailers for Total Recall and Robocop weren't great, but they were not as bad as the new Ghostbusters trailer was.

"DA POWA OF BETTY COMPELS YOU!!"
"GET OUTTA MA FRIEND GHOST!!!"

It's a shit trailer, and got the reaction it deserved.
>>
>>69816649
why are you completely disregarding the fact that I stated in this post:
>>69816582
that no one cared to downvote trailers before. voting on videos in general wasn't as common a few years ago when G+ accounts were required.

Furthermore, votes on YouTube is not indicative of the hate for a reboot. If you would have spent time on /tv/ or even on r/movies when those trailers were published you would know that.

I'm calling troll here and I'm not playing along anymore.
>>
>>69816453
This. Women are inferior in every way. It's logical to only want them around for sex. It's the only thing they can do that a man can't do better (and that's only because I'm not gay).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

This is one of the worst trailers of all time. It shits on the original movie, reveals the stupid plot twist and looks like complete garbage, and yet, it's not even disliked.
>>
File: 1462370070693.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1462370070693.png
40 KB, 825x635
Is there something wrong down voting a movie because it has an ulterior political agenda?
>>
>>69816727
That trailer didn't recast the T-800 with a black stereotype. It also respected the previous movies and stuck to the established timeline, instead of rebooting everything. It's not a shitty trailer, just a bad one. I don't think it deserves a dislike.
>>
>>69816439
OP blows out gamer gate women hating nerds
>>
>>69816727
There wasn't a defense force of retards telling people who knew it was going to be shit to give it a chance
>>
Speak for yourself. I had not seen either, especially the new Robocop since the old one is one of my favorite movies. In fact, I was furious to see they were remaking it. Both are horribly reviewed as well.

/tv/ has gone so far downhill the past year or two, it's not surprising that you faggots would start shilling for the Ghostbusters remake. Hollywood is milking the shit out of you for being such mindless drones.
>>
>>69816770
They make John Connor a fucking terminator.

>It also respected the previous movies and stuck to the established timeline
So you haven't seen it? It literally retconned the first movie.
>>
>>69816591
>>69816519
>A youtube dislike button count proves how discussion went in internet
Fucking newfag, there were dozens of threads daily of how shitty robocop would be, people chimping out and insulting each other just as they do with Ghostbusters. Youtube is not a mirror to 4chan neither internet. A pretty shitty example, but Boxxy video has 20M views and only 44K dislikes, the day /b/ found Boxxy, there were THOUSANDS of threads daily, mods and janis went crazy, people went crazy, there was even like 7 days went "boxxy" was a banned word in /b/ and people posting stuff related was banned.
>>
>>69816636
So it is sexism/racism. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
Neither of those movies were considered as sacred as the ghost busters. The ghost busters was the most iconic movie of that era, only to be challanged by back to the future.

This also happened to dragonall evolution, it was shit on by literally everybody. Its not a good movie but definitely not the worst movie ever made. Yet most dragonball fans will say its the worst because it was so iconic and they fucked it up.
>>
File: jemjemjem.jpg (110 KB, 634x939) Image search: [Google]
jemjemjem.jpg
110 KB, 634x939
>>69816439
> Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?

Yes, yes I do. We just didn't have this huge sjw pushback like with Ghostbusters. Add Jem to that list. Everyone said that looked like shit also.
>>
>>69816439

remember when those films looked shit and did in fact turn out to be utter shit? remember when people could accuse them of looking and being shit without allegations of sexism?

yeah
>>
File: 1456895408412.jpg (31 KB, 401x397) Image search: [Google]
1456895408412.jpg
31 KB, 401x397
>>69816663
Nah.

It looks like a good time.
>>
File: iran-woman[1].jpg (53 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
iran-woman[1].jpg
53 KB, 876x493
>first world female oppression

remember when feminist fought real female problems?

me neither
>>
>>69816882
No, it's not. If they changed the Charlie's Angels in Arnold Swarzenegger, The Rock and Sylvester Stallone, people would be shitting all over it as well.

It has nothing to do with sexism/racism. It has to do with respecting the source material.

And the Ghostbusters trailer, besides being a cynical cash grab, seems like an SNL skit that goes on for too long.

Then I haven't even mentioned that the movie itself is racist towards its black character by making it so stereotypical that it's revolting.

And it's sexist because it treats Hemsworth literally as nothing else than a sex object.

See, two can play that game.
>>
>we're not misogynist, I'm sick of feminists accusing us of that
>claimed movie wouldn't be funny before the first trailer came out
>ignoring the strings of misogynist insults hurled at the movie
>ignoring the dozens of other bad remakes/reboots out there that don't get this much hate

This reminds me of the gamergate bullshit.
>what do you mean we're sexist? Lying media
>lol 5 guys, here are Zoe quinn's nudes, women don't belong in video games
>>
Remember when /tv/ wasn't a bunch of summerfag underage b&s and film discussion wasn't about how they were excited to see the latest cash grab because they have no fucking taste? Maybe I've just been here for a while and I'm thinking there used to be better times, but holy fuck has this board gone to shit. The mods ban threads that shouldn't be banned, yet /tv/ is fucking consumed by Ghostbusters threads as if that fucking movie is really relevant or has any substance whatsoever.
>>
>>69817065
Did you not see the comment I was replying to or are you that fucking dense?
>>
File: 1463546480912.png (203 KB, 326x376) Image search: [Google]
1463546480912.png
203 KB, 326x376
>>69817066
>>
>>69817084
As if it's not the haters making the threads
>>
>>69817061
Funny because they are both better than the original Ghostbusters.
>>
>>69817112
Remember when Robocop was the most disliked video on youtube? Wait, that didn't happen?
>>
File: 201406_1950_hhhef_sm.jpg (15 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
201406_1950_hhhef_sm.jpg
15 KB, 300x299
>>69816439

But it isn't based on sexism, you brainless twit. stop using women as an alibi because that defense is retardingly vulnerable with each minute you regurgitate it. It's terrible because the fucking script forces the characters to try so hard to be funny. i.e.

"I don't know if it's a race thing or a sex thing, but I'm mad as hell."

or

"The power of pain compels you!" every scene strays away from the point of Ghostbusters and tries to hard to be random. This reboot got shat on because everyone is tired of remakes, and remakes, and remakes, and remakes, and reboots, and RE-IMAGINING! AND MORE remakes!

It

is

Sickening. This movie seems to focus TOO much on trying to be funny with no sense of adventure. It's like a typical "comedic" movie that has Kevin Hart or something.

>>69817066

>stupid bitch paints all people who play gamers as bad
>surprised that she gets backlash
>till this day people STILL pits everyone together
>>
>>69817135
>people outright claiming they're misogynist and hate women
>still feel a need to defend them and claim they aren't sexist

Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>69816939
>We just didn't have this huge sjw pushback like with Ghostbusters.

I think this is the key here. Nobody was calling you a bad person and saying you were basically Hitler incarnate for not wanting to watch the new Robocop reboot.
>>
>>69816439
>Most people actually gave those movies a chance

hahah

No. We knew they were shit from the beginning and just ignored them. Which is exactly what people should do with Ghost busters.
>>
File: sticksandstones.jpg (93 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
sticksandstones.jpg
93 KB, 960x960
>>69817096
>if they had cast a fat chick as robocop and a female gorilla as ED-209 then I expect dislikes would have followed.

>So it is sexism/racism. Thanks for letting me know.

What is sexist/racist about it? The dude is just saying it's bad casting. The people they chose are wrong for the roles. He uses inflammatory language but that is what it boils down to.

Being this easily triggered.
>>
>>69816500
Kek
>>
>>69816819
>They make John Connor a fucking terminator.
I was talking about the trailer, not the movie. In fact, this whole thread is about trailers.
>>
>>69817191
You're getting your literally who's mixed up there. And it's still sexism even if you don't like her
>>
>>69817206
>we

Speak for yourself, new Robocop was great.
>>
>>69817219
>calling a black woman a gorilla isn't racist

Some of you are too far gone it seems
>>
>>69817225
It's in the trailer.
>>
>>69816985
>>69816663
Stop trying to make me gay for a hack fraud.
>>
>>69817194
sexism =/= misogyny
>>
>>69817260
>Speak for yourself, new Robocop was great.

Feels like a Made for TV movie shot in Toronto.

It's boring and forgettable.

I can't even tell you the race of the two corrupt cop guys.
>>
>>69817263
If I called you a bleached chimpanzee would you considered that racist too?

Fucking tard. Do you even banter?
>>
>>69817236

But it's not, you little cockroach. Sexism defines someone as "discriminating against women" and "typically against women" Stop trying to change the definition to defend your weak ego.

I'm not against women being the main roles. I could pull a huge list of my favorite female stars but you faggots try EVER SO HARD to think it's because its women and you fail everytime you mention it.
>>
>>69817063
>her smile and enthusiasm
>gone
>>
>>69816439

Actually I do, there was non-stop bitching on /tv/ for months.

The thing is though you think there's way more hate for Ghostbusters because there's 9999999999 clickbait SJW articles about how there's so much hate for it, it's literally twitter dipshits looking for haters to hate on.
>>
>>69817372
>RT
No.
>>
File: 1443207791004.png (79 KB, 801x723) Image search: [Google]
1443207791004.png
79 KB, 801x723
>>69816572
under fucking rated post fuck retarded bullshit
>>
>>69817484
>because there's 9999999999 clickbait SJW articles about how there's so much hate for it
Maybe because there is so much hate for it?
>it's literally twitter dipshits looking for haters to hate
So they are like /pol/fags getting triggered by petty things? How are you guys different?
>>
This only proves that women and people who whiteknight them are fucking weak-minded. This remake could have had Aliens, Vampires, and Fairies and people would be in agreement that it's absurd. But HOOO, if it's a woman? It's sexist!
>>
>>69816534
>That nose on the guy on the right
>>
>>69816439
Why do you keep making these bait threads?
The trailers look like shit,the jokes are cringeworthy and they actually cast a female gorilla to compensate for the lack of a male one.
>>
>lots of nigger talk
>lots of jew talk
>people clearly racist or at least promoting racist talk
>nobody really gives a shit, but hops on someones dick about being sexist or a misogynist

Why has 4chan become such cucks? Is it because you're all virgins so you think if you become an SJW you'll get pussy?
>>
>>69817629

I noticed that people are trying to be SJW and I hope this is only a new troll tactic and they're not THIS retarded. I really fucking hope so.
>>
>>69816439
>having selective memory
the Last Airbender was universally panned and efectively destroyed Shyamalan's career. It is to this day considered a benchmark in terms of Hollywood flops.
That Dragon Ball movie basically killed any possible western adaptation of japanese material for a decade.
The Transformer movies are stil lconsidered a symbol of corporate cynicism and pandering, they are still considered the lowest point of mass entertainment and they made Michael Bay the villain if the movie industry and the butt of every joke, to the point that his name will probably never be taken seriously again.
the TMNT movie's early material and trailer were met with such hatred that they had to pretty much rewrite the movie, add in some roles nd change plot points to please the fans and save the movie from being the bomb of the year.
And let's not even talk about the Star Wars prequels.

But nope, it's all about sexism, no reboot or remake has ever flopped, no one in the recent years has ever been annoyed at every big budget flick being a remake. Nope. Only for Ghostbusters.
>>
>>69816439
I didn't loose my shit over them, I just ignored and never watched either. Same thing I'll do with Ghostbusters.
>>
>>69817582
Ghostbusters trailer is bad and deserves the hate. But other remakes were also bad and weren't hated as much. What's the difference between Ghostbusters and other remakes of classic franchises for manchildren? The only answer is: female leads.
>>
>>69816720
This.

But we have to acknowledge that just because men are better than women doesn't mean you have to "hate" women, in the same way that you might prefer pizza over pasta, it doesn't mean you "hate" pasta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM
>>
>>69816439
Hey remember when the first ghostbusters franchise sucked hard and was never good to begin with
Hey remember when trolling actually meant something and wasn't a copout false flag sjw shilling fest
Hey remember when /tv/ wasn't shit
>>
>>69817696
>The transformer movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8HPIH5JCak

Yup, it was so hated the majority liked it.
>>
>>69816939

>directed by the Justin Bieber movie guy
>no Misfits
>no supernatural elements
>5 mil budget
>plays out like a paint by numbers "small band makes it big" plot with a treasure hunt thrown in at the end
>best girl gets no airtime
>they have the gall to sequelbait at the ending
>>
>>69817784
>The only answer is: terrible jokes, no charm and bad CGI.

If you seriously think the female leads are the only problems with the trailer you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>69817858
Wow, I didn't realize it was that bad

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
File: 1305631465098.png (34 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
1305631465098.png
34 KB, 344x517
>>69816582
>>69816716
>Downvoting a trailer only became a thing after media talked about the Ghostbusters trailer.

This is actually false.

Media only latched onto the story after the first trailer was downvoted to hell.

I should know, I saw it when it was only up for a few hours and already there was a concentrated effort to downvote it.

The media didn't pick up on it until days later.
>>
>>69817784

What's the difference? The movie is BLATANTLY shitty with it's script alone, you stupid faggot especially accompanied by unfunny women. It's not that they're SOLELY women.

I could make a better Ghostbusters movie as a sequel and if it were female-centric. It's simple really:

Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, whatsherface from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies being the wives of the original cast.

Done.
>>
>>69817784
>What's the difference between Ghostbusters and other remakes of classic franchises for manchildren?
Well, with the Ghostbusters trailer, when people said "this looks like shit", the media screamed MUH SOGGY KNEES, which only brought about more attention, which brought about more dislikes

Also, Ghostbusters has always had a far stronger fanbase than Total Recall or Robocop did combined.

>b-but muh terminator
Terminator hasn't had a good movie since Terminator 2, so when another one comes out and it's shit, nobody gives a fuck anymore

Nobody cares about Total Recall, Robocop, Point Break or even fucking Terminator in the same way they care about Ghostbusters.
>>
File: 1439741640583.png (161 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439741640583.png
161 KB, 1000x1000
>>69816439

Hey remember when 3rd wave feminism wasn't such a big joke that it had to die on it's sword defending a low budget made bycommittee shitty 80's remake movie?
>>
File: 1458485290117.jpg (266 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
1458485290117.jpg
266 KB, 905x881
>everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop

Everyone lost their shit when it was announced the new RoboCop movie was PG-13
>>
>>69817846

the majority of mouth breathers liked Star Wars Episode 1 when it debuted
>>
>>69817784
Yeah man, everyone knows that nobody wants females in their sci-fi movies

after all the Alien series is the most hated of all time because nobody liked the female lead

and Terminator? Ew, nobody wanted icky Sarah Connor on the screen at any time, she might have given us cooties!
>>
>Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?
Yes, I do.

Yes it did. It just wasn't about a male-to-female switcheroo. So, nobody cared out loud.
>>
>>69817903
>when people said "this looks like shit", the media screamed MUH SOGGY KNEES
False. See:
>>69817890

>Terminator hasn't had a good movie since Terminator 2
Ghostbusters hasn't had a good movie since the first one.
>>
>>69817696
>the Last Airbender was universally panned and efectively destroyed Shyamalan's career

This was only after people actually watched it. No one downvoted the trailer and people here were even defending the shitty casting choices.

Also it obviously didn't destroy his career since he's still making movies.
>>
MUH GHOSTYBUBSTERS
>>
>>69817963
I will tell you something funny. If Alien was made today, /tv/ would hate it.
>>
>>69817582

Reminder the vast majority of women do not give a shit about ghostbusters or even feminism.
>>
File: morgan right.jpg (34 KB, 536x400) Image search: [Google]
morgan right.jpg
34 KB, 536x400
>>69817923
This.
>>
File: 1429590936274.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1429590936274.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>69817916
>>
>>69817972
They really didn't.

Even most people on /tv/ were saying it was alright.

Some like me even agreed it was better than the original.
>>
>>69818019
There's nothing /tv/ doesn't hate. Literally nothing.
>>
File: pic.jpg (121 KB, 724x652) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
121 KB, 724x652
>>69817263
But she does look like a gorilla. If she was white it wouldn't be any different.

Just compare these two. Race doesn't play a factor at all.
>>
File: hades2.gif (450 KB, 375x252) Image search: [Google]
hades2.gif
450 KB, 375x252
>>69817846
Yes, and Michael Bay is a well respected director, everybody is still enthusiastic about the sequels, etc.
>>
>>69817923
Fuck off, that was a good choice.

If anything the first one was needlessly bloody.

Go watch Saw if that's what you're looking for.
>>
File: 1314766938836.png (84 KB, 291x294) Image search: [Google]
1314766938836.png
84 KB, 291x294
SJW pissbabies mad!
>>
>>69817984

critically it did

remember when they were tryign actively hide the fact that he directed After Earth during the buildup and the excuse they shat out was "this is the Smith's film not Shyamalans'"

also The Visit was a fluke.
>>
>>69817984
Because trailer didn't look shitty, if you are going to sell shit, at least learn how to sell your shit.

Marvel for example has pretty good trailers, but many movies tend to be shit.
>>
>>69816720
>>69817802
Is it wrong to hate being around women and prefer being around male friends due to having nothing in common with the opposite sex?

I think this is the main reason sexism exists.
>>
>>69818059
>Some like me even agreed it was better than the original.

Then you're retarded. The new Robocop isn't anywhere near as good as the original. This isn't up for debate. This is an objective truth.
>>
>>69817976
Ghostbusters 2 wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as Ghostbusters 1

Ghostbusters is 9/10
Ghostbusters 2 is 6/10

And we've had 2 or 3 (or 4? I honestly can't remember) shitty terminator movies since T2, and in modern times. We've had nothing Ghostbusters since Ghostbusters 2, unless you count the 2009 video game
>>
>>69818019
That's because the whole SJW and feminism thing. It would get praised by these people for having a woman as the lead hero, so /tv/ would hate it.

But Alien and Aliens thankfully wasn't made now, so we can all apreciatte it.
>>
>Hating things for no reason is dumb
>I hate people who hate things for no reason
rise above it, you whiny bitch
>>
>>69818098
Good looking people cant be funny, it doesnt happen, when youre ugly as fuck you need a sense of humour to stop you from killing yourself. She better be funny.
>>
I remember massive butt-hurt and hand-wringing over the new RoboCop. Over the suit design. Over the lack of Paul Verhoeven. Over the PG-13.
>>
>>69817802
>doesn't mean you have to "hate" women
Indeed. Hate is born of ignorance, anyways. If I find myself hating something the hate is what I try to fix, not the thing.
>>
File: 2mpy2d3.png (732 KB, 1300x417) Image search: [Google]
2mpy2d3.png
732 KB, 1300x417
>>69818123

>comparing action schlock to torture porn
>>
>>69818020

Of course they don't. the same with comics, everything sci-fi, hell anything that's seemingly "nerdy." They do not get the aspect of it or why people enjoy it and in some way try to latch onto it and get some attention to it. It's nothing but social points while the original group get thrown to the side and receive negative shit.

>>69818123

>movie that's a parody of 80's corporatism and corrupt society
>surprised that it would be bloody

I think it's time for bed, kiddo.
>>
File: 1455582826871.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1455582826871.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>69818123
>Thinks the violence in the original Robocop doesn't have a point

spotted the pleb
>>
>>69816439
Couldn't care less about what whiny manbabies say, but the new GB movie looks like the female equivalent of a Rob Schneider movie, so I'll pass.
>>
>>69818059
>Some like me even agreed it was better than the original.

You're basically saying we shouldn't consider anything you say worth it.
>>
>>69818209
is it a hate button or a dislike button?
>>
File: DAS RAYCISS.jpg (149 KB, 1014x703) Image search: [Google]
DAS RAYCISS.jpg
149 KB, 1014x703
>>69817263
Funny how nobody suggested this was racist when it made its way around the internet back in the day
>>
>>69818119
This is a trailer for Transformers 4. It has 43,585 likes and only 2,609 dislikes. Now compare it to The Ghostbusters trailer - 241,078 likes and 826,661 dislikes.
Don't you think there is something wrong here?
>>
>>69817984
>he is still making movies
The Visit was met with complete indifference.
The other big thing he has directed since that is After earth, and he only got it because he is Will Smith's friend, and unlike people with ongoing career, he didn't have much to lose (or so he thought)
>>
>>69817555

/pol/ isn't any different, it's just that SJW's now get paid for writing offense-hunting articles lel.
>>
Robocop isn't anywhere near as beloved as Ghostbusters.

Robocop already had unbelievably shitty sequels in Robocop 3 and the TV series.

Robocop is heavily dated in terms of special effects and aesthetics

Robocop didn't have media outlets, pushed on by a studios marketing arm, telling you how you HAVE to like it.
>>
>>69818137
The Visit was shit.

Literal hot garbage.
>>
>>69818193
>She better be funny.
Judging by the trailers, she definitely isn't

>THE POWER OF PAIN COMPELS YOU
>>
>>69818254
Read the other posts, we're not talking about the trailer or youtube.
>>
>>69818149
>my opinion is objective truth

Kay.
>>
>>69817802
>he hates pasta
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>69818361
I'm only trying to stir the pot

now dance puppets
>>
>>69816439
But Ghostbusters isn't reboot, it's a sequel.
>>
>>69818149
>>69818252
>>69818214
>>69818221
>>69818235
>"hurr it's older so it's better"

Please just kill yourselves.
>>
>>69816727

To be honest it would have been hard as fuck to market T2 with the twist being a suprise.

I remember when it was released and it had wall to wall coverage about the revolutionary use of CG for its new badguy.
>>
>>69816439
Am I alone in thinking the original ghostbusters isn't that great? Sure there's some classic moments and its worth a watch or two, but I never felt like people worshipped it like they claim to until this reboot was announced. Both it and the sequel are so blended together in my mind
>>
>>69818302
>Transformers 4
Trailer is 2 years old

Nobody who had seen and disliked any of the previous movies intended on watching even the trailer let alone the movie

Thus there was no real backlash against it since it's nothing new to care about.

Whereas with Ghostbusters:

It is recent with a shitload of media attention

People who actually liked the franchise watched the trailer because they thought it might be good, since it hadn't had its name dragged through the mud like Transformers did

You're not comparing like with like.

But let's just play your own fucking game then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY

This is a trailer for the newest Call of Duty game.

>2.5 MILLION dislikes

Must be because of misogyny, right?
>>
>>69818193
>women cant be funny
FTFY
>>
>>69818406
IKR RIGHT? LEMEMES DAE LE ONLY SHITPOST ON LE 4CHAN
LE REDDIT IS FOR SERIOUS DISCUSSION XDDDDF
>>
>>69818465
Of course not. It's a good goofy comedy, but nothing more than that.
>>
File: i like.gif (3 MB, 250x153) Image search: [Google]
i like.gif
3 MB, 250x153
I liked the new Robocop.
>>
>>69818499
>Call of Duty game
>game
>>
>>69818123
>If anything the first one was needlessly bloody.

Yea, no. The whole bloody scene where he gets shot to pieces was symbolic for him losing his humanity.

The only other time it was bloody was when the suit got destroyed by his own creation.

Dude please. Your plebness is showing.

See, this is why we can't have nice things anymore. People just can't handle them anymore. Everything needs to be clean now. A movie about a guy who loses most of his body and gets put into a robot suit.

It could have been a deconstruction about on losing his humanity but no, now it has to be dumbed down to please people like you.

Just kill me. I'm done.
>>
>>69818439

Nobody said that, you mongoloid. Robocop was a movie about a cop who died by unfortunate means and was revived in a horrofic way being nothing but a brain, head, and barely any body parts + mixed together with technology. essentially losing his humanity.

Why the fuck would that be PG13?
>>
File: O.O.jpg (3 KB, 244x80) Image search: [Google]
O.O.jpg
3 KB, 244x80
>>69818413
>>
>>69818302
Transformer isn't shoved down our throat as the new best movie ever that we HAVE TO like and tell all our friends about it.
If yo uare going to have such an agressive marketing campaign for such an unappealing product, of course yo uare going to have a huge backlash.
>>
>>69818439
That's the case most of the time

but don't worry, there are movies where the remake is better

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/10-movie-remakes-that-are-much-better-than-the-original.html/?a=viewall
>>
>/tv/ is too pussy to admit the entire backlash is over the female cast

That's literally the reason.
>>
>>69818655

And here we fucking go, yet another faggot who think its because of women. I'm tired of this fucking site. you sound like a bunch of children

"You just don't like it because giiiiiiiirrrrls!"
>>
>>69818639
>doesn't include The Departed/Infernal Affairs

shit list will remake later
>>
File: 1463619542722.jpg (1 MB, 854x3962) Image search: [Google]
1463619542722.jpg
1 MB, 854x3962
So many people here triggered
>>
>>69818465
No.
A lot of 80s fantasy comedies are being hugely overrated now because their audience of the day are getting nostalgic. same goes for Back to the Future or TMNT. You can see a lot of people talk ing about it like the pinnacle of cinema when really they are all okay films.
but it's especially true for Ghostbusters because the franchise has been on hold since the second movies with constant rumors of Ghostbusters 3 getting into production, etc, so the fans always had something to hold onto.
>>
>>69818569
I wish I could kill you.

Hipsters like you are cancer.
>>
File: 1435415735723.jpg (67 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435415735723.jpg
67 KB, 700x700
>>69816439
>am racist and sexist
>there is nothing anyone can do about it

come at me
>>
>>69818655
No, if they had a male cast saying the same dumb jokes, we'd be shitting over it just the same. The only difference is that nobody would care because we would be shitting on men.

Nobody cares that people destroyed Pixels. But if that was a McCarthy movie instead of a Sandler movie, people would be shouting sexism.

Fucking retarded. All of you.
>>
>>69818716
sue me, it was the first result from google
>>
>/tv/ predicts movie will be shit but muh sexism will be used to deflect criticism

>it's
>fucking
>happening

I mean you could see it coming from a mile away, but still.
>>
>>69816439
>Hey remember when everyone collectively lost their shit over the Robocop and Total Recall remakes because Hollywood was trying to reboot beloved classics the same way they're doing now with Ghostbusters?

Yea actually. Everyone said they looked like shit too. There was just no dedicated cuck defense force for those movies.
>>
>>69818710
>i-its because it lookz bad yu guise i swer!!!
You can deny it all you want, newfag. From the moment the all female cast was announced, that's all /tv/ would shit on. There's nothing wrong with that. It's obvious SJW pandering, but at least fucking admit it's the reason you're bitching over it.
>>
>>69818754
The Ridiculous Six was a giat turd and people kept shitting on Sandler, but just beacuse he is a man, that seems alright
>>
>>69816439

RoboCop was actually good though
>>
>>69818655
partially that and partially because the cast is extra rubbish

women really aren't funny and they should try to make them into new characters rather than progressive versions of the old ones
>>
>>69818746
Literally no one cares about you.

This is about getting the sexist misogynists in denial to fess up.

If they all just admitted like you that their hate for the new Ghostbusters is about the female cast, we can finally put this to rest.
>>
>>69818799
I think you want that to be the reason to better validate your next buzzfeed article.

Why don't you just samefag yourself in to agreement and use that as proof instead?
>>
>>69818754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no

See, they didn't destroy it. There is clearly an action to downvote the new Ghostbusters trailer.
>>
>>69818799

But it wasn't because of women, you stupid little monkey. I wish I could slap the shit out of you, because it seems like you're just abandoning your brain.

UNFUNNY WOMEN

+

UNFUNNY SCRIPT

Do you understand? Do you no thinking good? In the end, it won't matter. the real critics will say the same. Keep clining to your defense.
>>
>>69818831
There was some effort put into it at least.
>>
>>69816439
haha
you're a woman
>>
>>69818710
>>69818754
See
>>69818746

At least he's man enough to admit it.

You're still pretending like you're not sexist.
>>
Whole lotta reddit itt. Fuck off you cucks to your cancer site. "downvote", pff. you thumbs it down on youtube, not downvote.
>>
>>69818814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUp7Qgimn38

And wrong again.
>>
File: 1458829412719.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458829412719.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
>>69818329

>The Visit
>Literal hot garbage.

I see what you did there.
>>
>>69818895
You're an idiot if you think critics aren't gonna trip over each other to heap praise on this flick.
>>
>>69818919
You're trying awfully hard to push the sexism thing. Is it really so hard to believe it may very well be a bad movie?
>>
File: candy.jpg (327 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
candy.jpg
327 KB, 1000x1500
>>69818736
You don't even know what a hipster is.

Wanting a movie about a cop who loses his body to be PG13 is retarded and clearly done for cynical cash grab reasons so they could have a larger audience.

It panders to the lowest common denominator and you my friend are just that. The lowest common denominator. And you're proud of that.

Wow. Impressive.
>>
>>69818919

God, shut the fuck up already. so I'm not allowed to call the movie shit because of your precious little maidens? really now?
>>
>>69818790
That's because it was objectively a good movie you dumb nigger. Almost as good as the original if not as good.
>>
The shit hit the fan over the new Ghostbusters when click bait sites started tossing around accusations that anyone who disliked the first awful trailer as misoginistic man baby assholes.
>>
>>69818923
underage faggot detected
>>
>>69818982
>>69818989
Look, I'll even admit I don't want female Ghostbusters unless they're young, hot and wearing nothing but nipple tassels and thongs.

Now it's your turn to admit it.
>>
>>69818887
>See, they didn't destroy it. There is clearly an action to downvote the new Ghostbusters trailer.
>OMG DOWNVOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>THEY ARE LIKE ELECTRONIC RAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just a retard for thinking downvotes, mean something other than "People didn't like the trailer"

IMO Ghostbusters will flop, but not as hard as Pixels did, and certainly it won't kill the career of those women
>>
"I don't like the new Ghostbuster movie. In fact, lots of people don't like it."
>but but why?! It has all the essential Saturday Night Live jokes!
"Saturday Night Live or its cast have not been relevant in 20 years. Besides, those two ugly, fat women are hard to look at for 2 hours."
>HA, you admit! You just don't want to see it cause you hate all women!
"While I admit them choosing an all female cast did initially affect my judgement, I was willing to give it a shot. However, they picked the most loud mouthed obnoxious fattest women,of all time"
>NO U JUST HATE WOMEN
>>
>>69818856
Ok. I can't tell if you are being serious or not. The jokes on this shit site are not meant to be remotely serious. Even if it was, the so-called "misogynists" who post insults on twitter are a minority. The same people who said Mad Max was feminist propoganda(although I honestly can't tell if that was joke as well).
>>
>>69816439
Its the choice OF females. Give me a all female ghost blaster movie written by actual funny people with
>Stephanie weir
>Christa Flannigan
>Nicole Sullivan
>Amy poehler
and bobby Lee as the receptionist and I'm so in. Oh wait too many white people...
>>
>>69816439

The original Robocop is awful, the new version is way better.

The only reason this isn't the "mainstream" opinion is because it's a remake, people will never admit a remake is better even when it objectively is.
>>
>>69818887
Look at how well it did at the box office, what the critical consensus is on it and then tell us about how big a success it was.
Jesus christ, there is a world outside of youtube.
>>
>>69819024
this
everyone knew it would be awful
the trailer was really bad and killed any hope most people had that it would turn out alright
Clickbait articles starfted throwing around accusations and flimsy defences that people who don;t like it are evil sexists
now 4chan and others get all freaked out over their bait and go nuts making the situation worse and actually making it about sexism

desu though the sexist accusations seem planned, considering how much false controversy and attention it generates

plenty of tumblrinas are going to go sit through a lousy movie because a studio told them it would make them feminist heroes if they did.
>>
>>69819068
Admit that it looks about as visually impressive as Goosebumps, is pumped full of political agendas, has a disgusting marketing campaign, and appears to carry no aspect of horror like the originals did and is instead being pushed as pure comedy?

Sure. Movie looks like crap. I'm sorry that offends you, but differing opinions does not automatically mean someone is a bigot. The more you throw around loaded words, the more they lose their meaning.
>>
>>69819046
You know it's true, my autistic brethren. otherwise, why would you reply?
>>
>>69819024
You're full of shit. The film was hated even before the trailer was released.

>>69819075
The downvotes means a lot.
>it won't kill the career of those women
But this is irrelevant to our discussion. I'm not even defending this movie.
>>
I don't think /tv/ hates the movie that much, we all just generally agreed that it just sucks and shouldn't exist, but what really fucking makes /tv/'s blood boil is the people defending such shit and the filmakers' (if you can even call them that) political agenda.
>>
>>69819104
desu I think women can be funny if the script is written to their strengths and the humor is mostly situational (which would work well for a movie like Ghostbusters anyways)

but this one seems to be full of cheap one-liners and generally lame out of place jokes
>>
>>69818152
3 movies and a TV series so bad it apparently erased itself from everyone's collective memory
>>
Ghostbusters 2 is hated, and that had the original cast
>>
>>69819068

Stop comparing yourself to me. my reasons are legimate and the evidence is clearly in the fucking dialogue. Really, /tv/? you have these kinds of people now?

It's not that they're women, it's that they're unfunny women with an unfunny script that's made in the long lines of other pointless remakes or "sequels" like Jurassic World, Terminator: Genisys, Indenpendance day: Resurgence, etc. Why is the accusation that it's because "women" for this one? Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>69819166
You're trying to convince people they're sexists simply for disliking a movie. Just admit it.
>>
>>69819147
Goosebumps was a riot family. Give it a watch. I expected utter garbage and was pleasantly surprised how funny it was. Some good monster moments too like the giant mantis and garden gnomes
>>
>>69819024
Clickbait sites have apparently never heard of the Streisand effect.
>>
>>69816439
>Most people actually gave those movies a chance

The piss poor box offices for both would say otherwise.
>>
Only an American would think this movie would be great

It's got a fat ghetto 300 pound ignorant woman yelling at you the whole time. And then it has a 400 pounds bigger woman, pretending it's okay to weigh that much; she's the "we want the tumblr crowd" The whole movie only works if you suspend your reality.

Not to mention it just looks like a bad episode of SNL
>>
>>69819189
activism in general has been utterly taken over by Capitalist inerests

now to be a good feminist you have to buy the "right" products, consume the "right" media, use the "right" social media outlets. its all based on what you consume more than anything else, which is why watching a movie or buying a video-game suddenly becomes a noble heroic act of protest.

its genius really
identity marketing at its finest
>>
>>69816882
No, you mong, it's hating retarded progwashing bullshit.
>>
>>69819109
No, it's not. The new Robocop was a cynical cash grab with no emotional core or even subtext to it. It reduced a cleverly constructed script to an insipid action flick.

You shallow millennials think because something looks a bit better the whole movie is better. I hate you guys. I really do.

I know I sound like an oldfag and maybe I am but your generation is cancer. It kills everything it touches.
>>
>>69818019

I actually think it wouldn't hate Alien, for a few reasons. Yes, there'd be inevitable shitposting, but there always is.

1) Alien was written first, then some of the roles were cast as women. Which is the exact opposite of this "...but WITH WOMEN" approach to Ghostbusters. It's hailed even today as an example of actual non-sexist writing, as opposed to modern inverse sexism ("but sexism is about privelege so it's not sexist xD") writing.

2) The movie didn't prominently feature Ripley in advertising. She was the least known of the whole cast. People going in expected the unknown actors to bite it, then the handsome people they'd seen before save the day. But they all got killed and Ripley lived. So it wasn't going "LOOK AT MUH WOMEN HEROES".
>>
>>69818319
>Robocop isn't anywhere near as beloved as Ghostbusters.
>Robocop is heavily dated in terms of special effects and aesthetics

What does it feel like being so wrong? Is it painful?
>>
>>69819284
>Only an American would think this movie would be great

This. I'm guessing it will flop hard in China (if it even releases there).
>>
>>69819109

>remake
>better in any way
>rushed his death with a car explosion
>no sense of "horror" is present after he's fused with technology
>parents and kid barely show any emotion

There is no way in cold hell that's its better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3h2fZ29jZ8
>>
>>69819289
Exactly, free fucking marketing. They knew this shit would cause discussion and discussion/controversy MOST of the time generates money.
>>
MFW people will go watch this just to see how bad it is. They'll realize it's mediocre but can steal a few laughs. Everybody will forget about this in a few weeks.
>>
>>69818123
YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY
>>
>>69819431
>>no sense of "horror" is present after he's fused with technology
The scene where he's shown exactly how little of his human self is left was pretty brutal.
>>
>>69819419
Good thing is, it probably wrong since China has a ban on showing ghosts, corpses or human remains, so unless they do some major work to blur or hide everything and change the whole dialog, there is no way it will get a release there.
>>
>>69819431
>no sense of "horror" is present after he's fused with technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXOhIJg4B7k

to be honest, the scene where they show he only has lungs, a hand and some parts of brains left was kind of freaky.
>>
>>69819501
Not that anon, but I agree. Still, with Robocop talking like a juggalo and all, it was the only scene out of the whole movie that was worth anything
>>
File: dumbass.png (120 KB, 637x345) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.png
120 KB, 637x345
>>69818123
> If anything the first one was needlessly bloody

Bitches Leave
>>
>>69816439
>PG-13 Robocop
>Female Ghostbusters
You see how both of these fail to understand fundamental parts of why people liked those first movies?
>>
>>69819501
>>69819534

I'll admit that's the only scene where it's good, but after thinking back to the car explosion as his death? It felt ridiculous now.
>>
>>69819598
>the car explosion as his death

It was to make it PG-13.
>>
>>69819575

I expected Clarence during the film's production and after it was rated "PG-13" I felt pretty sad.
>>
>>69816439
Keep crying please.
>>
>>69816439

It was never implied that there was something wrong with me if I didn't like or want to give the reboots a chance. If I didn't want to see those reboots, I wasn't called names. I got the sense that those reboots were cashing in nostalgia, not expecting to guilt people into seeing them so that they could cash in on the reformation of social norms. The marketing for those films was not as omnipresent. Ghostbusters was a more iconic film than Total Recall or Robocop.
>>
>JUST ADMIT YOURE ALL SEXISTS-anon vanishes in time for lunch

Marketer, or just clever b8?
>>
>>69819534
This is the only scene that was worth seeing. The rest was utter shit.
>>
>>69816439
My group of friends shit all over Robocop, Total Recall, and especially the Point Break remakes and boycotted all of that + Transformers, Jungle Book, etc.
>>
>>69819241
Whatever dude, stay in denial.
>>
File: ed209.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
ed209.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>69818123
>>
>>69819826

Like you've been doing the entire time?
>>
>>69819166
How am I full of shit? Was there a negative reaction prior to the trailer? Yes. But it wasn't completely over the top OMG MAN BABY SEXIST WOMAN HATING ASSHOLES. People were just pissed the original was gonna get shit on and saw the whole girl power feminist message incoming, but it as the until the trailer came out and it was WORSE than anyone anticipated. Once the negative vote started pouring down like hail SJWs lost their shit because God forbid someone would dislike their girl power hijacking of a much loved classic movie.

All they had to do was make it a passing of the torch type of sequel and so many few people would give a shit, but the trailer actively shit on the original.
>>
File: 1411373761853~01.jpg (20 KB, 230x243) Image search: [Google]
1411373761853~01.jpg
20 KB, 230x243
>>69816439
"I always figured all the waifu posting and racism was ironic. And then it continued. For years. And years. Until only waifu-loving nazis remained."

--Anonymous
>>
File: 1462482037164.png (133 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462482037164.png
133 KB, 1000x1000
>>69819950
>>
>>69819904

I hate how the 209 units were presented as the typical, sci-fi "TACTICOOL" bots in the remake and not some corporation presenting their project that goes hay-wire.
>>
> Total Recall
Nobody really gave that much of a shit in the first place
> Robocop
People lost their shit over that reboot. Everyone fucking hated it with a burning passion.
>>
>>69819935
>All they had to do was make it a passing of the torch type of sequel

>one or two OG ghostbusters travel to help another struggling, well equipped but uncooperative branch
>ends in retirement for old crew and bond between members of new crew

Done and done
>>
>>69817066
You know how the left insist we not lump all muslims together with their extremist friendos? It applies here. You are taking a few extremist sexist posts and conflating them with the vast majority who just want shitty reboots to stop raping their favorite movies from their childhood.
>>
Basically it's the random /v/irgin who falls for typical easy tactics all the time.

> OK guyse time to do another reboot
> Are you sure boss? This shit is probably gonna flop hard as fuck
> OK, then let's try to suck a lot of attention by making the cast filled with females. We'll get a lot of press by making angry virgins buttmad about it

And that's what happened. If it was just a decent shallow generic Ghostbuster reboot with a generic trailer, nobody would've talked about it. Probably would've barely have made its money back.

Now there's still a big chance it's gonna flop, but at least it gets people talking. Feminists on Twitter defend it even though it's shit, and /v/irgins get stirred like fuck and make it more known and popular even though it was supposed to be a generic shitty summer flick
>>
>>69819409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9IscZMYYw0

You really think that stop-motion holds up in any way?

Compare that to the superior compositing used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-sALU_hveA
>>
>>69820115
Maybe you hated it because you wanted to hate it before even seeing it.

Me and my friends went in not expecting anything and we had a fucking blast.
>>
>>69819826
Why do you need people to admit to being something they're not? Are you really that pathetic? People don't like the Ghostbuster trailer for a myriad of reasons.

Personally I dislike McCarthy and Leslie Jones, they always do the same shtick and I've seen it before. But I like McKinnon, I actually think she was the best thing in this whole casting. I'm meh on Wiig. She's fine.

The problems is that the first trailer really sucked. The jokes weren't funny, the CGI was still bad and LJ being the stereotypical loud black woman was kinda racist.

Hemsworth as candy I can understand but if you recall the original ghostbusters, the receptionist was someone with actual character traits beyond being attractive.
The biggest problem is the casting though.

Most of them are from SNL and it makes the movie look like an SNL skit. Which would be fine if the jokes were actually funny.
>>
>>69820216
Shit, you could even start the joint with Egons funeral, and his casket being his last goofy prototype invention that's meant to trap potential ghosts before they even set out in to the world.

Hilarity ensues when it malfunctions. Venkman snark. Proceed with plot
>>
>>69820216
Exactly. I would have definitely been interested in that. New crew, men, women, or both, don't care, being trained to take over the business and a nice send off to the originals.

But NOPE.

>Sony
>>
>>69816439
New RoboCop suck balls. Total Recall is total shit.
>>
>>69820327
That would actually be awesome and a great way to honor Ramis IMO.
>>
>>69820273
Holds up just fine. You may just be a massive faggot, famalam.
>>
File: 1460440271255.gif (2 MB, 370x256) Image search: [Google]
1460440271255.gif
2 MB, 370x256
http://www.ourrobocopremake.com/
This was a distilled expression of rejection for the new robocop movie. Plenty of people were disappointed that Hollywood was once again beating a dead horse.

and personally, I was more annoyed by the RC/TR remakes because the R rating was key and part of the social commentary within the movie. RC specifically felt like a slap in the face.

The 'lol all girls ghostbusters' is just a sad example of hollywoods lack of creativity and the best they can do is, gender bend the reboot. The idea that so many idiots are lifting this as a banner for civil rights... christ. Fuck all of you.
>>
File: robocop commuting.jpg (169 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
robocop commuting.jpg
169 KB, 1280x688
>>69816727
The difference being that when people called these shit, they weren't called something really fucked up like a misogynist to deflect criticism, hell, I was ambivalent towards Total Recall, because after all, it's based on a pre-existing story, and it's just another adaption, there was a TV series once back in the 90's even.

Female Ghostbusters isn't bad because it's a female cast, fuck, I can think of thousands of good setups for an all female Ghostbusters cast, when I first heard about it, I thought, "Oh, that's interesting, I guess, is it gonna be a bunch of ladies who start up their own franchise somewhere? Maybe they buy a license and equipment from Ray and Peter, so that they can have a little cameo somewhere early on" etc, but no, it's some kind of absurd quasi-remake with bad casting, terrible effects and aesthetics, and bad humor.
What makes this movie look bad, is because it just fucking is, I would have disliked it just as much if it had a male cast, don't be mistaken.

The accusation of sexism when it comes to disliking the new Ghostbusters is A) a desperate ploy to try to deflect criticism from a very substandard work, and B) just more fuel for the feminist propaganda machine, running on the power of righteous indignation (an addictive emotional response) and identity politics (frequently used to obscure and muddy the waters of any issue)
>>
>>69817061
That's debatable.
Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time, but Robocop is quite frankly, a perfect movie.

I would have a hard time to pit one against the other.
>>
File: ed209 opps.gif (872 KB, 499x271) Image search: [Google]
ed209 opps.gif
872 KB, 499x271
>>69820225
Underrated post as fuck.
>>
>>69820327
>Venkman

Bill Murray doesn't want to do Ghostbusters. At least he's playing hardball to make him be in a new Ghostbusters movie.
>>
>>69816439
There was an outrage.

It was an outrage so epic, it caused this:

https://vimeo.com/86014703
>>
>>69818123
>If anything the first one was needlessly bloody.

You just don't get it, do you?
>>
>>69816439
reboots were still new when robocop and total recall came out, also no one held them up and the savoir of feminism unlike ghost-busters
>>
>>69818439
The violence in the original Robocop fit well into the mold of the 80s. And its gritty.

Hell, we have movies like Deadpool, District 9 and Watchmen that don't tone down the violence and still deliver a solid film. If anything, the violence adds to it. When the film needs to be gritty, it needs to be violent. And that was the point or Robocop, of a shining robot in armour championing the cause in a world gone to hell.

Something the remake just didn't get fully.
>>
>>69816439
>Most people actually gave those movies a chance even though they were obviously shit compared to the originals.
lolno. I pirated robocop because I was morbidly curious. I didnt give them my money.

and regardless, 14 robocop had some things worth talking about. it was just mediocre overall, and suffered from trying to tie 2 seperate plot ideas together.

new ghostbusters has got to be some kind of pyramid scheme by sony, and begins and ends with 'feminism"
>>
>Its not sexism, the trailers were just bad!
>*can literally go on archive and see immense hatred before a trailer was our*

Sad!
>>
>>69820536
>>69816439
That gives me an idea.

Why don't we all just do a ghostbusters remake?
>>
>>69817784
Because the cast is females, feminists made the dislike about females because that's literally all they know how to do.

And then it snowballed from there, with backlash against feminists being retards getting rolled into already existing dislike for the movie (and bad remakes in general)
>>
>>69821105
Holy shit, you're telling me there's sexists on 4chan? Goddamn, I never knew.
>>
>>69821105
>implying you can't do that with any movie /tv: has ever talked about before it came out
/tv/ just talks shit about everything
>>
There is a difference between catching a movie (for free) years after the fact and actively financially voting for this shit.

Didn't pay for homocuck or weedcall but a saw them, surprise it was shit.
>>
>trailer is bad, has a decent amount of down votes
>suddenly clickbait sites
>"IT'S GAMER GATE 2.0"
>MAN BABIES R SO SEXIST"
>as a response to this pathetic deflection, the trailer gets bombarded with dislikes
>"SEE, NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN HATED THIS MUCH IT'S CUZ WOMEN"

Or maybe you stirred the pot.
>>
>>69816939
Based on what I know about Jem, and the movie itself, this strikes me as a very pointless movie which had a license tacked onto it.
I never saw it much as a kid, but there's so many horrible blatant errors.

Is there a live action Jiz adaption yet?

>>69817886
>this is an old thing that was popular, and we own the license, let's see if we can squeeze some money out of people's nostalgia
They had dollar signs for eyes when thinking it up.
>>
>>69817976
Hey, Ghostbusters 2 isn't that bad.
Alright, so it's a bit of a shallow rethread and made mainly to renew the cartoon's (at the time) vaning popularity, but if you really loved the first movie, it's an ok watch, it's more of the same (in both good and bad ways).

>>69818019
>/tv/
>hating a movie where one of the central themes is rape
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.